Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon

Go down 
+49
oldgospelchoir
nickno
antiflagtuzo
Tim
SolemnPsycho
hastekilledcreativity
Pepe
DavyGrolton
Armageddon
pointblanc
Fornikatieng
Knaggz
abstract illusion
Pants
nick gives 35%
alk3girl666
Ross
iloveyourmom
AM!ShitSTroll
scarlett
Mark Narra
Jozsa
walking_for_don
Raccoon
Shawn!
Breanne
StoolPigeon
godisdead
no_face
Johnny99
billy pilgrim
Zedeff
kylemcdonald
JoshRaymond
I AM CITIZEN
Lurch
Stalls_Standing
Kyle
ryann
ClockworkRobot
atom
arollo
WWD4D?
ska_sean
brayhold
funnycars
ChristopherJ
lex
kropotkin
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Lurch
From Her Lips to God's Ears
Lurch

Male Number of posts : 243
Cool Points : 6018
Registration date : 2008-06-03

AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon   AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 11:04 am

How can one consider action against buildings and machinery to be violence? The goal of both the ELF and the ALF is to stop the suffering of animals and the environment while also taking all possible precautions to not injure human life. The Wikipedia article says that Eric and the others "considered the killing of bystanders to be collateral damage", which is extremely fucked up and not something I condone at all. But really, sabotaging dams and fish hatcheries and cell phone towers as long as no one gets hurt (and as of today no one has been killed from an ELF action) isn't violence in my opinion. Companies that profit from the suffering of animals and the destruction of the Earth are the real terrorists.

Go ahead and label me a "revolutionary" or something. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
I AM CITIZEN
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
I AM CITIZEN

Male Number of posts : 32
Cool Points : 5790
Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon   AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 12:48 pm

Regardless of the story, I think this song is god awful. The lyrics are ridiculously specific and mediocre. The music sure doesn't help it out either. Unbearable.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JoshRaymond

Male Number of posts : 6478
Cool Points : 8952
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon   AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 5:57 pm

WWD4D? wrote:
I can't help but feel that if these people had listened more to Give 'Em Enough Rope and 'Julie's Been Working For The Drug Squad' in particular then they wouldn't be in this mess. Moral: listen to the Clash.

i agree
Back to top Go down
ryann
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
ryann

Female Number of posts : 9
Cool Points : 5780
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon   AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 11:58 pm

Lurch wrote:
How can one consider action against buildings and machinery to be violence? The goal of both the ELF and the ALF is to stop the suffering of animals and the environment while also taking all possible precautions to not injure human life. The Wikipedia article says that Eric and the others "considered the killing of bystanders to be collateral damage", which is extremely fucked up and not something I condone at all. But really, sabotaging dams and fish hatcheries and cell phone towers as long as no one gets hurt (and as of today no one has been killed from an ELF action) isn't violence in my opinion. Companies that profit from the suffering of animals and the destruction of the Earth are the real terrorists.

Go ahead and label me a "revolutionary" or something. Rolling Eyes

The fact is that he didnt care if anyone got hurt. That's violence.

Destroying building's and machinery is fine and dandy but think of the people's loss of jobs and lives. Wouldn't it make more sense to protest and fight in peace for them to conform to a better idea than to blow up shit and risk valuable lives? I'd love to be all cool like V in V for Vendetta tongue but I honestly value the lives of others more than a big boom
Back to top Go down
kylemcdonald
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
kylemcdonald

Male Number of posts : 27
Cool Points : 5809
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon   AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 4:10 am

it's a tough call.

i'm a pacifist and a realist. they don't go hand in hand

Last edited by kylemcdonald on Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/oldskinstl

PostSubject: Re: AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon   AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 11:29 am

is this like a real event that happened? was it in the news or something?
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7588
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon   AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 11:31 am

Yea it's real, there's a bunch of articles about it. I think they're posted somewhere back in this thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon   AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 11:48 am

wow i read some of the articles and this is the biggest load of bullshit ever!
its like your best friend breaking a window with a baseball and you taking the blame. but far worse. if anna was the one mainly behind it and helped them buy the materials, than she is only excused because of her rank. because she is "better" than them. this is the dumbest thing i have ever read.

does anyone know why they sent anna in, in the first place? i mean did they had plans befor anna came along?
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

PostSubject: Re: AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon   AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 11:50 am

She was a FBI informant, basically the FBI has people who go undercover and pretend to belong to a certain group. They do it with drug dealers, the mob, certain terrorist groups, etc. Sometimes they're undercover for years, they have to gain the people's trust and then they sell them out to the FBI and get paid for it. Basically the worst fucking job ever. This group of anarchists had probably caught the attention of the FBI with something they did, so that's why they sent Anna.
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

PostSubject: Re: AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon   AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 11:53 am

Reminds me of this shirt..

AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon - Page 2 HeroesTShirtLG
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon   AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 2:27 pm

=P what is the logo in the middle i cant tell
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

PostSubject: Re: AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon   AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 2:30 pm

I believe it's a wrench
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

Female Number of posts : 2008
Cool Points : 5998
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon   AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 2:50 pm

an Eternal Cowboy wrote:
its like your best friend breaking a window with a baseball and you taking the blame. but far worse. if anna was the one mainly behind it and helped them buy the materials, than she is only excused because of her rank. because she is "better" than them. this is the dumbest thing i have ever read.

does anyone know why they sent anna in, in the first place? i mean did they had plans befor anna came along?

No, it's like you and your friend both deciding to go smash a window, and getting caught with the baseball bat in your car on your way over to smash the window.

Just because you weren't gonna hold the bat and do the actual deed doesn't make you innocent.

Wow, I just beat the hell out of that metaphor. I hope that made some sense.

The point being that even if AnnA paid for the bomb materials, Eric and his buddies still went out and bought them and intended to go home and make them. Now if there is a good argument for wanting to build bombs, but not use them, despite doing nothing but talk about blowing up buildings, then that's fine. But all evidence points to the fact that had AnnA not been an FBI informant, people would have died, and Eric would just be a criminal instead of an anarchist folk hero who was "set up".
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

PostSubject: Re: AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon   AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 2:55 pm

I believe any loss of life is a tragedy. I know some people who would say Eric is a terrible person, and should burn in hell for putting civilians at risk but of course most of these people support the war. Because innocent Iraqi civillians don't count Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

PostSubject: Re: AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon   AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 2:58 pm

Lurch wrote:

Go ahead and label me a "revolutionary" or something. :roll:

Because it involves force to reach a goal. That's violence.

And blowing up one building does not stop the companies and the ideas behind them and the customers from keeping on. How many fish hatcheries are there? How does blowing one up solve whatever problem fish hatcheries pose? All it does is make you a terrorist, and imply further violence. And yes, when you blow up something to reach a political goal, people do presume the next bomb will be targeted at people. And that's violence too, of a kind.

And that's not revolutionary at all. People have been blowing shit up forever and ever. It's probably the least progressive idea a man can have.

kylemcdonald wrote:
i'm with you man.
the obliteration of useless human development is complete devotion to the need at hand
i may be considered a revolutionary but shit thats not needed is not shit at all.
and as a pacifist, violence may be needed to create a movement in modern america.
i don't condone violence in anyway but to create a disturbance and any kind of attention you have to create attention and sometimes it takes measures that are out of the ordinary.
we need to change this country at any means necessary

Why is it that violence and destruction are the only things you can think of when you think of "out of the ordinary"?

If you want to change the world, use your brain and your voice.

Name someone, somewhere who created a lasting change through violence. No, you are not a pacifist.
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

PostSubject: Re: AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon   AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:00 pm

lex wrote:
I believe any loss of life is a tragedy. I know some people who would say Eric is a terrible person, and should burn in hell for putting civilians at risk but of course most of these people support the war. Because innocent Iraqi civillians don't count Rolling Eyes

Eric is a "terrible person" for believing that his actions would have accomplished anything.

Pretend that you wake up one morning, and read that someone blew up a damn, a fish hatchery, and whatever else he was planning to blow up. Is your first thought "alright, positive change in the world!"?

Because odds are you're not going to think that at all, really.
Back to top Go down
atom
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
atom

Male Number of posts : 1880
Cool Points : 5972
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon   AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:01 pm

arollo wrote:
an Eternal Cowboy wrote:

No, it's like you and your friend both deciding to go smash a window, and getting caught with the baseball bat in your car on your way over to smash the window.

Just because you weren't gonna hold the bat and do the actual deed doesn't make you innocent.

Wow, I just beat the hell out of that metaphor. I hope that made some sense.

The point being that even if AnnA paid for the bomb materials, Eric and his buddies still went out and bought them and intended to go home and make them. Now if there is a good argument for wanting to build bombs, but not use them, despite doing nothing but talk about blowing up buildings, then that's fine. But all evidence points to the fact that had AnnA not been an FBI informant, people would have died, and Eric would just be a criminal instead of an anarchist folk hero who was "set up".

whether they THOUGHT about doing it or not, the fact is that anna planted the idea in their heads. if he had done it without being egged on it's a whole other story. i don't agree with killing people in the name of anarchy or peace or whatever, but i also don't agree with being set up.

just to make it clear, i do not think eric is a hero, but i think it's a tragedy that his friends were involved and sold him out, and he fell in love with someone who not only didn't love him back but set him up to go to jail. i don't agree with killing people for peace.
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

PostSubject: Re: AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon   AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:07 pm

aestheticguitar wrote:

whether they THOUGHT about doing it or not, the fact is that anna planted the idea in their heads. if he had done it without being egged on it's a whole other story. i don't agree with killing people in the name of anarchy or peace or whatever, but i also don't agree with being set up.

just to make it clear, i do not think eric is a hero, but i think it's a tragedy that his friends were involved and sold him out, and he fell in love with someone who not only didn't love him back but set him up to go to jail. i don't agree with killing people for peace.

And that's the important part, really.

Whose idea was it? Of course the prosecution asserts that Eric was the mastermind. The defence that the FBI agent initiated the plan. So who thought of it first?

However, barring that, I think that in either case, Eric and his two friends and AnnA should be in jail. If someone told me of a plan to commit an act of terrorism, handed me blueprints, and bought me bomb making ingredients, I wouldn't go "well, since you've already gone to so much trouble I'l just....". No. No rationale person would just go along with something like that. This is why I assert that Eric should be in prison, whether or not he did or did not come up with the idea, he still went with it.

Does a person who is that open to suggestion, and who in addition to being open to suggestion goes to places where people openly speak of acts of violence deserve to walk free from this? No. I don't think so at all. At the least, give him parole and counselling. Lots of counselling.
Back to top Go down
atom
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
atom

Male Number of posts : 1880
Cool Points : 5972
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon   AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:12 pm

arollo wrote:
Eric and his two friends and AnnA should be in jail.

i think that pretty much explains how i feel about it. the only unfair part of it is that eric is the one who got completely fucked when, in truth, anna, wren, and jenson were all in on it as well.
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

PostSubject: Re: AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon   AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:15 pm

arollo wrote:
lex wrote:

Eric is a "terrible person" for believing that his actions would have accomplished anything.

Pretend that you wake up one morning, and read that someone blew up a damn, a fish hatchery, and whatever else he was planning to blow up. Is your first thought "alright, positive change in the world!"?

And I also wake up and hear about people dying in Iraq and I definitely do not think positive change in the world.
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

PostSubject: Re: AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon   AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:16 pm

aestheticguitar wrote:
arollo wrote:
Eric and his two friends and AnnA should be in jail.

i think that pretty much explains how i feel about it. the only unfair part of it is that eric is the one who got completely fucked when, in truth, anna, wren, and jenson were all in on it as well.

Agree.

But please come up with something for us to argue about. I was having fun.

I am curious as to how Wren and Jenson got cut a deal, and as part of the deal, admitted guilt in the matter. I suppose the law is different for things like rape and murder, and if they both said that Eric was the ring leader then they could claim to have been under his thrall or something, but I just don't get it. Something seems really, really wrong about that.

Something also seems wrong about Eric being punished while the others were not. To me, there is either guilt or no. You can't send one man to prison forever and the other three who helped get to walk free. That's mad. Perhaps this line of reasoning is the basis for the "free Eric" movement.
Back to top Go down
Lurch
Lurch

Male Number of posts : 243
Cool Points : 6018
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon   AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:18 pm

It's not like these groups just blow shit up for no reason. They put their plans in action, take responsibility for them, and tell people why they did it. Of course it's not stopping anything, but it's showing there is resistance and hopefully opening up some people's eyes to the crimes that are being committed against the Earth. And to the person who asked, "What about the people that will lose their jobs?", I'm sorry, but to quote The Devil is Electric: calling it your job doesn't make it right.
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

PostSubject: Re: AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon   AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:18 pm

They probably gave them some info they didn't have about Eric that would make a stronger case. My brother was going to jail for 8 years and offered 4 if he would give them more info on the crime and the details involving his other friends.
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

PostSubject: Re: AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon   AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:19 pm

lex wrote:
arollo wrote:
lex wrote:
I believe any loss of life is a tragedy. I know some people who would say Eric is a terrible person, and should burn in hell for putting civilians at risk but of course most of these people support the war. Because innocent Iraqi civillians don't count :roll:

And I also wake up and hear about people dying in Iraq and I definitely do not think positive change in the world.

OFFTOPIC:

There is a part of me who wakes up to news of people dying anywhere in the world and thinks that with just a little bit more work, we could get the population down to a nice number from 6 billion. But me, I look at people having 3 kids the same way as I do war. It's the same thing. Keep pumping out the babies, and those babies will have to eventually take up arms to get a meal. There is no avoiding it, except to fucking STOP squirting out kids. And stop worshipping babies, and stop the pro-life nonsense, and just stop disrespecting lives that really don't mean anything. Let's have communities again. That's how you start stopping war.

END OFFTOPIC.
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

PostSubject: Re: AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon   AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:20 pm

I agree, I plan to not have children. If I want a kid I will most likely adopt. But people are free to do what they want, I don't think restricting the number of kids you can have it a good idea. Do we really want to turn into China?

You are distracting me from my job!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon   AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AnnA is a Fucking Stool-Pigeon
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next