Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

Female Number of posts : 270
Cool Points : 4606
Registration date : 2012-06-02

Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 7:09 am

Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 7:10 am

Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 2:21 pm

“It made me feel validated,” she said of last year’s outing. “It was like, ‘You see? This is what I do.’ ”Venus de Mars rises again
Article by: CHRIS RIEMENSCHNEIDER , Star Tribune
Updated: March 31, 2015 - 3:30 PM

Last year's tour with Against Me! helped catapult Minneapolis' transgender rock vet out of an audit hole and refocus her 20-year career.
http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/music/298162101.html

The tour in question was with the long-celebrated Florida punk band Against Me!, which suddenly turned the rock ’n’ roll world’s eye toward transgenderism.

Against Me! singer Laura Jane Grace (formerly Tom Gabel) made a very public coming-out as transgender in a 2012 Rolling Stone article and subsequent interviews, which led up to the release of one of last year’s most powerful rock albums. When the time came to hit the road for the first time as a transgender rocker, the Against Me! frontwoman turned to Venus to open some of the shows.

“I imagine when you’re making that kind of big decision in your music career, you look to see who else has done it,” Venus said. “I think I probably rise to the top in that case.”

"The record strips away the loud guitars and heavy thrashing of All the Pretty Horses’ music for a purely raw sound. Its only instruments besides acoustic guitar are cello and violin. Against Me! singer Grace guests on the song “Take My Shoulder,” one of several older All the Pretty Horses songs reworked for the collection. The album also includes two new tunes and covers of the Roy Orbison/Nazareth hit “Love Hurts” and “5 Years” by one of Venus’ obvious heroes, David Bowie."

"Things are better now on several fronts, she happily reported.

“I’m thrilled with the attitude of young kids,” she said, describing scenes at the always all-ages Against Me! tour in which young transgender and gay fans stood side-by-side with older, brawnier fans of the band — and sometimes even with their own parents."
http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/music/298162101.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Read the full article here:

Venus de Mars rises again
Article by: CHRIS RIEMENSCHNEIDER , Star Tribune
Updated: March 31, 2015 - 3:30 PM

Last year's tour with Against Me! helped catapult Minneapolis' transgender rock vet out of an audit hole and refocus her 20-year career.
http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/music/298162101.html
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 2:37 pm

This Year’s Transgender and Gender-Nonconforming Who’s Who
The Advocate - 22 hours
The 2015 Trans100 list includes activists, journalists, academics, and sex workers. read more http://www.advocate.com/politics/transgender/2015/04/01/year-s-transgender-and-gender-nonconforming-who-s-who

"Also at the venue, three trans musicians performed: Against Me! lead singer Laura Jane Grace rocked the house, Carnegie Hall violinist Tona Brown stirred the crowd with her strings, and hip-hop rapper Rocco Katastrophe had fans on their feet. "
http://www.advocate.com/politics/transgender/2015/04/01/year-s-transgender-and-gender-nonconforming-who-s-who?page=0,0
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 3:21 am

Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 3:26 am

Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 4:41 pm

Laura Jane Grace coming to Soundwave 2015?
http://staging.ripitup.com.au/music/article/laura-jane-grace-coming-to-soundwave-2015#.VR76xmF0zL8
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 4:43 pm

Against Me!'s Laura Jane Grace on Transitioning in Florida, Smashing the Patriarchy, and Miley Cyrus
http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/music/against-me-s-laura-jane-grace-on-transitioning-in-florida-smashing-the-patriarchy-and-miley-cyrus-6404232

Last edited by transgender_Amber on Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 4:45 pm

Laura Jane Grace of Against Me!: ‘I Didn’t Know If the Band Was Going to Stay Together’
http://time.com/3653490/laura-jane-grace-against-me-interview/

Last edited by transgender_Amber on Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 4:46 pm

Worriers working on new album with Laura Jane Grace, playing She Shreds showcase w/ Mirah, Aye Nako & more
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2015/03/worriers_workin.html
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 4:47 pm

Laura Jane Grace's KILLING ME LOUDLY, An evening of EXISTENTIAL DREAD, FIENDING & GENDER DYSPHORIA

Fri May 22 8:00PM $25.00, All Ages

) ​Hollywood Forever Cemetery
http://dola.com/events/2015/5/22/laura-jane-grace-presents-killing-me-loudly-an-evening-of-existential-dread-fiending-gender-dysphoria-in-the-brilliance-of-2
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 4:49 pm

Laura Jane Grace
Tour dates 2015
http://www.concertpass.com/laura-jane-grace-tour-dates/
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 4:52 pm

International Transgender Day of Visibility – Laura Jane Grace
http://forusnotthem.com/international-transgender-day-of-visibility-laura-jane-grace/

In 1997, Laura Jane Grace formed Against Me!, and since then the band has gone on to release six studio albums with a seventh due out in early 2015.

Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 4:53 pm

Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 4:53 pm

Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 4:54 pm

Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 4:55 pm

Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 4:55 pm

Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 5:01 pm

Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 5:09 pm

A new live album has been recorded by the band, and is to release in early 2015.[40][41]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Against_Me!

What ever happen to the Live Album?
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

Male Number of posts : 4431
Cool Points : 10178
Registration date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 4:15 pm

transgender_Amber wrote:
A new live album has been recorded by the band, and is to release in early 2015.[40][41]

You should've said this sooner!

https://twitter.com/LauraJaneGrace/status/585115924803489792
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Timsalabimbo
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 9:41 pm

Tim wrote:
transgender_Amber wrote:

You should've said this sooner!

https://twitter.com/LauraJaneGrace/status/585115924803489792

Thank you
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 9:42 pm

Take My Shoulder (feat. Laura Jane Grace) by Venus De Mars

Is on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/179-2245853-4961448?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-music&field-keywords=Take+My+Shoulder
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 1:04 pm

Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 1:05 pm

Last edited by transgender_Amber on Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next