Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

Female Number of posts : 270
Cool Points : 4605
Registration date : 2012-06-02

Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 1:06 pm

Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 1:18 pm

Venus de Mars reflects on touring with Against Me! and her journey as trans artist

by Andrea Swensson · April 3, 2015
http://blog.thecurrent.org/2015/04/venus-de-mars-reflects-on-touring-with-against-me-and-her-journey-as-trans-artist/
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 1:17 pm

"The punk pioneer - who has championed the likes of Against Me! singer Laura Jane Grace in the past - will be honoured at the ceremony on April 18, but she admitted there is a long way to go for female stars to be recognised alongside their male counterparts."

Joan Jett wants more women in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/joan-jett-wants-more-women-5472787

This Article has a awesome Picture of Laura Jane Grace
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 8:43 am

SPIN 30: Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace Looks Back on ‘New Wave’
http://www.spin.com/2015/04/against-me-laura-jane-grace-new-wave-interview/

Last edited by transgender_Amber on Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 8:46 am

[Laura Jane Grace Announces Summer 2015 Solo Tour Dates

Laura Jane Grace from Against Me! Has announced solo tour dates for 2015. Her show titled Killing Me Loudly, An Evening of Existential Dread, Fiending and Gender Dysphoria In The Brilliance of Life’s Headlights, will feature locations in Los Angeles and New York City.

Grace’s solo performances serve as a follow up to Against Me!’s most recent album, Transgender Dysphoria Blues. These performances will offer an intimate setting where audiences get a personal behind the scenes look at the songs through Grace’s perspective.

This is not the first time that Grace has offered fans heartfelt solo performances apart from her band, Against Me!. In 2013 Grace had a solo tour following her year-long transition to become a woman. Grace, who then went by Tom Gabel, received an outpouring of support from fans for opening up about her journey and including them in the process.

As for Against Me!, the group was recently named “Outstanding Music Artist” at the 26th Annual GLAAD Media Awards. According to a press release this award serves to “recognize and honor media for their fair, accurate and inclusive representations of the LGBT community and the issues that affect their lives. The GLAAD Media Awards also fund GLAAD’s work to amplify stories from the LGBT community and issues that build support for acceptance.”

Links to tickets for the show can be found below along with the official list of upcoming performances featuring both Grace solo and Against Me! as a full band. More North American dates are expected to be announced in the near future. Any further information or updates on the shows can be found on the group’s official website.

Laura Jane Grace and Against Me! Tour
Buy Tickets On Ticketfly
5/22 – Los Angeles, CA
http://music.mxdwn.com/2015/04/07/news/laura-jane-grace-announces-summer-2015-solo-tour-dates/
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 8:54 am

Laura Jane Grace live in New York
http://www.virgin.com/music/laura-jane-grace-live-new-york
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 8:57 am

Against Me!, 'Glee' Honored at GLAAD Awards
Articles /
Pop-Shop |
News

By Associated Press / Billboard Staff | March 22, 2015 10:35 PM EDT

Florida punk act Against Me! and the now-wrapped TV series Glee have received stamps of approval from GLAAD.

GLAAD is a U.S.-based group that promotes lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender presence in the media, and celebrated its honorees at a ceremony here Saturday night.

Against Me!, whose lead singer Laura Jane Grace came out as transgender in 2012, received the award for outstanding music artist, while Glee received a special recognition award just a day after its final episode was aired.

Jennifer Lopez Honored at GLAAD Awards

Actress Kerry Washington, director Roland Emmerich, the film The Imitation Game and television shows Transparent and How to Get Away With Murder were also among the award-winners on the night.

GLADD president and CEO Sarah Kate Ellis said Scandal star Washington was chosen by the group because, "She's done quite a bit for the LGBT community and she's a phenomenal spokeswoman for us. And she's got our back. And she always has."

'Glee' Finale: Original Star on Tear-Filled Final Day, Saying Farewell, Cory Monteith (Guest Column)

In Washington's acceptance speech, the actress reminded, "In 1997, when Ellen (DeGeneres) made her famous declaration, it took place in an America where the Defense of Marriage Act had just passed months earlier, and civil unions were not legal in any state. But also remember that just 30 years before that, the Supreme Court was deciding that the ban against interracial marriage was unconstitutional.

"Up until then, heterosexual people of different races couldn't marry who they wanted to marry either. So, when black people today say that they don't believe in gay marriage ... the first thing that I say is, `Please don't let anybody try to get you to vote against your own best interest by feeding you messages of hate.' And then I say, `People use to say things about that about you and your love.'"

The German Emmerich is perhaps best known for producing and directing the 1996 blockbuster Independence Day, as well as the 1998 remake of Godzilla and 2004's The Day After Tomorrow. Now openly gay, Emmerich said he long kept his homosexuality private because he didn't want to be limited to making only films with gay stories, as had happened with other directors in Germany.

Emmerich's gay-themed historical drama Stonewall will be released later this year. And Emmerich said Independence Day 2, due next year, will feature an openly gay character.

More GLAAD awards will be handed out at a ceremony in New York May 9.

Among Saturday night's other honorees:
Outstanding Film, Wide Release: "The Imitation Game" (The Weinstein Company)
Outstanding Drama Series: "How to Get Away with Murder" (ABC)
Outstanding Comedy Series: "Transparent" (Amazon Instant Video)
Outstanding Individual Episode (in a series without a regular LGBT character): "Identity Crisis" - "Drop Dead Diva" (Lifetime)
Outstanding TV Movie or Mini-Series: "The Normal Heart" (HBO)
Outstanding Music Artist: Against Me!
Outstanding Daily Drama: "Days of Our Lives" (NBC)
Outstanding Comic Book: "Rat Queens" (Image Comics)
Outstanding Digital Journalism Article: "31 Days of PrEP" (series) (Advocate.com)
Outstanding Blog: "Autostraddle" (autostraddle.com)
Special Recognition Awards: Video game: "Dragon Age: Inquisition," Song: "Era Diferente," Television program: "Glee"
http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6509414/against-me-glee-honored-at-glaad-awards

Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 9:04 am

The fearless Against Me! frontwoman talks tattoos, transitions and Transgender Dysphoria Blues
http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/24206/1/laura-jane-grace-true-trans-soul-rebel

There is some Awesome Laura Jane Grace Pictures

Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 11:55 pm

"Led by the iconic Laura Jane Grace, the passionate, dynamic punk of Against Me! will cause a similar stir while British hardcore titans Feed The Rhino will be providing a suitably noisy start to the day."

Leeds band Alt-J among 60 new acts announced for festival
http://www.wakefieldexpress.co.uk/what-s-on/music/leeds-band-alt-j-among-60-new-acts-announced-for-festival-1-7223472
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 12:00 am

News \
Sink Into Against Me!’s Beautifully Animated ‘Two Coffins’ Music Video

picture-23080-1414630131By: James Grebey // April 21, 2015

Against Me! just released the music video for their Transgender Dysphoria Blues cut “Two Coffins,” and the beautifully animated short captures the pleasantly morbid tone of the acoustic song. The fluid, deceptively simple black-and-white illustrations manage to be stark and warmly inviting at the same time, as is fitting for a song about accepting death across generations. Watch the Margherita Ballarin-directed video above.

Tags: against me!
http://www.spin.com/2015/04/against-me-animated-two-coffins-music-video-watch/
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 1:30 pm

Miley Cyrus and Joan Jett continue Rock Hall rapport in 'Backyard Sessions'

CLEVELAND, Ohio – In honor of her new charity, The Happy Hippie Foundation, Miley Cyrus is continuing her love affair with Joan Jett that took center stage at last month's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction ceremony.

The Happy Hippie Foundation is a non-profit aimed at rallying young people in support of homeless youth, LGBT youth and other "vulnerable populations." In conjunction, Cyrus is bringing back her popular "Backyard Sessions" video series, featuring performances with Ariana Grande, Laura Jane Grace and others.

The latest "Backyard Sessions" clip features Cyrus and Jett performing Joan Jett and the Blackhearts' "Different." Of course, Cyrus and Jett last hit the stage together during the Rock Hall ceremony where Cyrus sang "Crimson and Clover" with Jett and Tommy James.
http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2015/05/miley_cyrus_and_joan_jett_cont.html

Great video on this site. Check it out.
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 9:17 am

Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 7:51 am

Laura Jane Grace

Laura Jane Grace bared her heart on “Transgender Dysphoria Blues,” her most recent album with the punk-rockers Against Me! On it, the singer offered frank autobiographical accounts of her experiences with gender reassignment, veering from acoustic ruminations to ripping, profane screeds. This solo show also features Globelamp.
— Stacey Anderson

May 25 at 10 p.m.

City Winery

155 Varick Street
New York, NY 10013
212-608-0555

http://citywinery.com
http://www.nytimes.com/events/pop/laura-jane-grace-25854.html
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 8:00 am

Laura Jane Grace covers Michael McDonald (and The Cure)

Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 8:01 am

Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 8:01 am

Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 8:03 am

Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 8:04 am

Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 8:05 am

Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 8:07 am

Against Me!'s Laura Jane Grace hangs up on The Mike Calta Show

Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 8:08 am

Back to top Go down
Meeg
From Her Lips to God's Ears
Meeg

Number of posts : 136
Cool Points : 5297
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 12:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Meeg
Meeg

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 12:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Meeg
Meeg

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 12:24 pm

Back to top Go down
Meeg
Meeg

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 12:26 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion   Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Laura Jane Grace Transgender activist/ Laura Jane Grace’s Trans Punk Rebellion
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next