Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

Female Number of posts : 270
Cool Points : 4602
Registration date : 2012-06-02

Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace  Empty
PostSubject: Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace    Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace  Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 1:38 pm

Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace  Miley-Cyrus-and-Laura-Jane-GraceMiley Cyrus

Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace

By Tom Breihan / February 16, 2015 - 11:36 am

Teenage homelessness has been a pet issue for Miley Cyrus for a while. She took a homeless kid named Jesse Helt as her date to the VMAs last year, and she recently established a foundation called Happy Hippie to help out. In her efforts, she’s made an unlikely ally in Against Me! leader Laura Jane Grace, who recently Instagrammed the above photo. Cyrus recorded a backyard Against Me! show for the charity. And while there hasn’t been any confirmation yet, online scuttlebutt says that the two are recording together, which could be fascinating if true. Cyrus has what could be a great rock voice; her rendition of Paul Simon’s “50 Ways To Leave Your Lover” on last night’s SNL 40th anniversary special was certainly impressive. And Grace is one of the great rock songwriters working today. Besides, it’s for a good cause, so maybe let’s be cautiously optimistic about this.

http://www.stereogum.com/1738574/miley-cyrus-might-be-recording-with-against-mes-laura-jane-grace/news/

Tags: Against Me!, Laura Jane Grace, Miley Cyrus
http://static.stereogum.com/uploads/2015/02/Miley-Cyrus-and-Laura-Jane-Grace.jpg
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace    Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace  Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 1:41 pm

Laura Jane Grace recording with Miley Cyrus

According to scattered social media posts and MTV, Laura Jane Grace is recording with Miley Cyrus. The collaboration seems to be in support of Cyrus' Happy Hippie foundation which supports homeless youth organizations. Cyrus also is working with Ariana Grande and other artists, who may or may not appear on the recording with Grace.

http://www.punknews.org/article/57125/laura-jane-grace-recording-with-miley-cyrus
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace    Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace  Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 1:42 pm

Against Me! and Miley Cyrus May Collaborate in the Near Future

Read More: Against Me! + Miley Cyrus May Collaborate in the Near Future | http://diffuser.fm/against-me-laura-jane-grace-miley-cyrus-collaboration/?trackback=tsmclip

A few days ago, Laura Jane Grace posted a photo of her band, Against Me!, and pop songstress Miley Cyrus (check it out in the Instagram shot above). It was captured following an outdoor concert from the rockers, which was recorded by Cyrus and will benefit charity.

Apparently Grace and Cyrus became fast friends over their shared interest and advocacy work to combat teenage homelessness. In the Instagram post, Grace tags Happy Hippie, Cyrus’ foundation, which works specifically in the prevention of youth homelessness.

Though there’s only confirmation that the collaboration goes as far as Cyrus recording Against Me!’s backyard concert, the rumor mill is now wondering if Cyrus and the Florida rockers will record together sometime soon.

While we’ll have to continue speculating a Grace-Cyrus collab, we do know that Against Me! recently kicked off a tour in support of their most recent album, Transgender Dysphoria Blues, which arrived last year. The short jaunt continues tomorrow (Feb. 17) in Pensacola, Fla., followed by stops in Tampa, Orlando and Fort Lauderdale. Check out details here.

Back in November, the Against Me! frontwoman wrapped up her AOL web series, True Trans With Laura Jane Grace, which documented her transition as a transgender woman.

Read More: Against Me! + Miley Cyrus May Collaborate in the Near Future | http://diffuser.fm/against-me-laura-jane-grace-miley-cyrus-collaboration/?trackback=tsmclip
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace    Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace  Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 1:46 pm

Holy Fucking Shit What a Crazy Week in Music

Holy Shit

We have long stood by our (often very unpopular) stance that Miley Cyrus is punk as fuck and last night she only reinforced our beliefs by Instagramming this photo with Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace which is not something you expect to see while flipping through Instagram on your couch at 11 PM, even though her account is particularly unpredictable. They recorded together as part of Miley’s Happy Hippie project and not to brag, but being the Very Cool Music Industry VIPs that we are (and because Laura has an advice column on Noisey), we knew this was coming beforehand. And yet, somehow, nothing can prepare you for seeing these worlds colliding. No word on whether or not Miley’s only into the Disco Before the Breakdown material.
http://noisey.vice.com/blog/holy-fucking-shit-what-a-crazy-week-in-music
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace    Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace  Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 5:08 am

Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace!

Music
February 16, 2015

I fully support this possibility. I truly believe that Miley Cyrus’ career hasn’t even begun to bud, and over the next few decades she will become a powerhouse in the music world. Now she is just a baby finding her feet and learning how to walk.

Stereogum has reported:

Teenage homelessness has been a pet issue for Miley Cyrus for a while. She took a homeless kid named Jesse Helt as her date to the VMAs last year, and she recently established a foundation called Happy Hippie to help out. In her efforts, she’s made an unlikely ally in Against Me! leader Laura Jane Grace, who recently Instagrammed the above photo. Cyrus recorded a backyard Against Me! show for the charity. And while there hasn’t been any confirmation yet, online scuttlebutt says that the two are recording together, which could be fascinating if true. Cyrus has what could be a great rock voice; her rendition of Paul Simon’s “50 Ways To Leave Your Lover on last night’s SNL 40th anniversary special was certainly impressive. And Grace is one of the great rock songwriters working today. Besides, it’s for a good cause, so maybe let’s be cautiously optimistic about this.
http://accidentalbear.com/miley-cyrus-might-be-recording-with-against-mes-laura-jane-grace/
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace    Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace  Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 1:54 am

Miley Cyrus, Joan Jett and Laura Jane Grace sing to support homeless LGBT youth
http://mashable.com/2015/05/08/miley-cyrus-joan-jett-and-laura-jane-grace/

Check out the link. There is a great video of Miley Cyrus, Joan Jett and Laura Jane Grace singing the song Androgynous https://www.facebook.com/MileyCyrus/videos/10153376564632147/

worth checking out
https://www.facebook.com/MileyCyrus/videos/10153376564632147/

This article is 9 hours ago from the date of 05/08/15
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace    Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace  Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 9:13 am

Miley Cyrus Rocks ‘Androgynous’ With Joan Jett and Transgender Musician Laura Jane Grace (Video)

The Wrap By Tim Kenneally
17 hours ago

Miley Cyrus, Joan Jett and Laura Jane Grace? Apparently, they’re closer than you know.

Cyrus teamed up with Jett and transgender Against Me! singer Grace for a cover of the Replacements song “Androgynous” for a video benefiting Cyrus recently launched Happy Hippie Foundation, which seeks to rally young people to fight injustice facing homeless youth, LGBT youth and other vulnerable populations.

The clip is part of Cyrus’ Backyard Sessions video series, which also includes a video of Grace and Against Me! bandmate Atom Willard performing the group’s song “True Trans Soul Rebel.”

See photos: Miley Cyrus Wears Pasties at Joan Jett's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction

“Androgynous,” which first appeared on the Replacements’ 1984 album “Let It Be,” was covered by Jett on her 2006 album “Sinner.”

In an op-ed earlier this week, Cyrus wrote that she founded Happy Hippie when, through her work helping homeless youth, she discovered that a large percentage of that population is LGBT.

See photos: Hollywood Blasts Indiana Governor Over Anti-LGBT Law

“For a year, my focus has been on helping homeless youth, and it was heartbreaking to hear that 40 percent of homeless teens identify as LGBT. The more I learned about what life can be like as a transgender person, the more I realized how especially woven into homelessness that is,” Cyrus wrote. “Acceptance is a huge step towards eradicating youth homelessness. Being who you are and who you want to be has nothing to do with gender, sexuality, body type, race, or age.”

Cyrus recently inducted Jett, of “Bad Reputation” and “I Love Rock and Roll” renown, into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Watch the video of Cyrus, Jett and Grace performing “Androgynous” below

Published on May 9, 2015

Happy Hippie Presents: Backyard Sessions - Androgynous performed by Miley Cyrus, Joan Jett & Laura Jane Grace of Against Me!  To launch The Happy Hippie Foundation, Miley created a new Backyard Sessions series and invited special musical guests to perform with

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/miley-cyrus-rocks-androgynous-joan-jett-transgender-musician-193417250.html
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace    Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace  Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 9:23 am

Miley Cyrus Teams Up With Joan Jett And Laura Jane Grace To Tackle Gender Norms

Also to sing The Replacements’ “Androgynous” for charity.

by Melissa Locker,

Despite being just 22 years old, Miley Cyrus has been a long-time and vocal proponent of helping homeless youth. She brought homeless teen Jesse Helt as her plus one to last year’s MTV Video Music Awards and had him accept her award for Video of the Year to give a voice and face to the millions of runaways and homeless youth living in the U.S.

To further support the cause, Cyrus recently launched her own Happy Hippie Foundation, a non-profit that seeks to serve “homeless youth, L.G.B.T. youth and other vulnerable populations.” To help bring awareness to her new charity, the singer has been working with a variety of musicians on new installments of her Backyard Sessions. The latest is with rock icon—and recent Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee—Joan Jett, along with Laura Jane Grace, the lead singer of the band Against Me!, whose own transgender journey of discovery was documented in the AOL series True Trans.
http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2015/05/miley-cyrus-joan-jett-laura-jane-grace-androgynous
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace    Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace  Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 10:27 pm

Miley Cyrus and Against Me!'s Laura Jane Grace perform 'True Trans Soul Rebel' – watch

Pair team-up for Miley's Backyard Sessions

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/miley-cyrus/85282#TQmTdmk48QuMhekM.99

Miley Cyrus recently launched new charity The Happy Hippie Foundation by resurrecting her Backyard Sessions series. Having already been joined by Against Me! singer Laura Jane Grace and Joan Jett for a rendition of The Replacements' 'Androgynous', Cyrus has again teamed-up with Grace to perform her band's 2014 track 'True Trans Soul Rebel'. Click above to watch.

image: http://nme.assets.ipccdn.co.uk/images/article/2014againstme_DontMiss_130114.jpg
Miley's Backyard Sessions first took place in the summer of 2012 and saw the pop star singing a number of covers in her back garden, including 'Jolene' and 'Lilac Wine'. Earlier this week (May 5), she announced the return of the series by posting a video of her and Jett performing the punk rocker's 2013 track 'Different'. She has also shared her own solo cover of Dido's 'No Freedom'.

The Happy Hippie Foundation is a non-profit organisation founded by Cyrus to fight the injustices faced by homeless youth, LGBT youth and other vulnerable populations. "Homeless youth and young people experiencing the negative effects of being LGBT in our world today is an issue that is very common and extremely current," Cyrus wrote in an open latter via the charity's website. "No one should have to hide who they really are, no matter what his or her name, gender, status or orientation."

It's been a busy time for the 'Bangerz' singer. Just last week The Flaming Lips' frontman Wayne Coyne revealed that the pair have recorded a seven-song album together that he has compared to both Pink Floyd and Portishead. Miley previously appeared on The Flaming Lips' cover of The Beatles 'A Day in the Life'.

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/miley-cyrus/85282#TQmTdmk48QuMhekM.99
Back to top Go down
Meeg
From Her Lips to God's Ears
From Her Lips to God's Ears
Meeg

Number of posts : 136
Cool Points : 5294
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace    Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace  Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 11:55 am

You're talking to yourself again.
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace    Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace  Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 7:16 pm

Don't Feed the TROLLS!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace    Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miley Cyrus Might Be Recording With Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace
Page 1 of 1