Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

*IF* AM! were to break up?

Go down 
+22
Ross
pintsogin
iloveyourmom
lex
WithoutEnd
atom
ska_sean
Armageddon
Zedeff
e6c
Mike
Joaquin_Honest
kropotkin
Stalls_Standing
arollo
Ana
AdamLikesMusic
Pants
impact
spraypainthero
dear_shithead
Jesus
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

*IF* AM! were to break up? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:01 pm

lex wrote:
This thread sucks.
indeed. failure.
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

Male Number of posts : 3158
Cool Points : 8124
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:43 pm

dandangoose wrote:
lex wrote:
This thread sucks.
indeed. failure.

I don't see why it sucks. a band breaking up is just reality.

but a better question (that i actually asked Tom himself) is if they did break up could/would Tom still refer to himself as AM! since he started off solo. His answer was "never really thought about it"
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Pollard/209701715

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:46 pm

pintsogin wrote:
dandangoose wrote:
lex wrote:
This thread sucks.
indeed. failure.

I don't see why it sucks. a band breaking up is just reality.

but a better question (that i actually asked Tom himself) is if they did break up could/would Tom still refer to himself as AM! since he started off solo. His answer was "never really thought about it"
oh, god i hope he wouldnt. thats like pulling an axl rose move
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:48 pm

haha yeah i thought the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7880
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:55 pm

I can see them breaking up after another album or so, actually. Nothing lasts forever.

Saying that, Bald Religion and NOFX are still going strong so who am I to doubt Against Me!?
Back to top Go down
Jesus
From Her Lips to God's Ears
Jesus

Number of posts : 159
Cool Points : 5886
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 6:46 pm

Honestly, if you don't like it or it "bothers" you for whatever reason, GTFO!

It's just a legitamite question, asking what people think, not "WAAH! MY BANDS BREAKING UP AND THIS FORUM BREAKY MY HEART!" Why would it get closed because you don't like to think about it?

THANK YOU ZEDEFF! Actual conversation and opinion! Whoo!

Quote :
It's unrealistic to say that they'll never break up. Personally I give them 2 more albums.

It's not a matter of the band not getting along, or them not liking music, or any perceived tension. But Tom's been doing AM! since what 1998? That's ten years. New Wave was their commercial debut and, largely, a farewell to many of their old fans who have moved on. The next album will be out in spring '09 I bet, killing off another huge chunk of the old fan base and probably being very successful, getting bigger and finally being a mainstream "breakthrough" album.

But if you look at the commercial rock and roll world, these days almost nobody has two hit albums and every band is a fad. I look at who was big when I was a teen... Korn, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, Disturbed, Finger Eleven, and the start of Nickleback. Of those, who's still around AND on the radio often? Just Nickleback.

So they'll put out their third big album which will not do so well in all likelihood, and then they'll stop. It'll be for a number of reasons. Because their label might drop them, because they'll - for the first time in their careers - release one album that did worse than the oe before it, because they'll miss the old days, because they're stressed about a failing business... but mostly because they'll have been doing this for 15 years and want to do something else.

I don't have the same insterests or hobbies today as I did 15 years ago, and I don't think that's a fault. If the band splits up because they want to move on to other things, I don't necessarily perceive that as a negative result.

Y'all need to read that again.
Back to top Go down
ska_sean
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
ska_sean

Male Number of posts : 1792
Cool Points : 6757
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:26 pm

Jesus wrote:
Honestly, if you don't like it or it "bothers" you for whatever reason, GTFO!

It's just a legitamite question, asking what people think, not "WAAH! MY BANDS BREAKING UP AND THIS FORUM BREAKY MY HEART!" Why would it get closed because you don't like to think about it?

THANK YOU ZEDEFF! Actual conversation and opinion! Whoo!

Quote :
It's unrealistic to say that they'll never break up. Personally I give them 2 more albums.

It's not a matter of the band not getting along, or them not liking music, or any perceived tension. But Tom's been doing AM! since what 1998? That's ten years. New Wave was their commercial debut and, largely, a farewell to many of their old fans who have moved on. The next album will be out in spring '09 I bet, killing off another huge chunk of the old fan base and probably being very successful, getting bigger and finally being a mainstream "breakthrough" album.

But if you look at the commercial rock and roll world, these days almost nobody has two hit albums and every band is a fad. I look at who was big when I was a teen... Korn, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, Disturbed, Finger Eleven, and the start of Nickleback. Of those, who's still around AND on the radio often? Just Nickleback.

So they'll put out their third big album which will not do so well in all likelihood, and then they'll stop. It'll be for a number of reasons. Because their label might drop them, because they'll - for the first time in their careers - release one album that did worse than the oe before it, because they'll miss the old days, because they're stressed about a failing business... but mostly because they'll have been doing this for 15 years and want to do something else.

I don't have the same insterests or hobbies today as I did 15 years ago, and I don't think that's a fault. If the band splits up because they want to move on to other things, I don't necessarily perceive that as a negative result.

Y'all need to read that again.

WHY TALK ABOUT IT THOUGH. its a good thing let it keep going as a good thing why bring in all this speculation and shit. If they break up they break up why talk about to year(s) in advance.. thats all im saying. Yes AM! might not last forever like u2, rolling stones and many others. Hopefully they do!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:28 pm

hopefully they dont. i really dont want to see them start to suck really bad like the rolling stones do now
Back to top Go down
ska_sean
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
ska_sean

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:30 pm

dandangoose wrote:
hopefully they dont. i really dont want to see them start to suck really bad like the rolling stones do now

im not a fan of the rolling stones to say they suck, is going really far, by far they will put on one of the best live shows you will ever see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:35 pm

well yeah, their shows are still great, but their new material is crap compared to albums like sticky fingers, beggar's banquet, etc
Back to top Go down
Jesus
Jesus

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:27 am

Quote :
WHY TALK ABOUT IT THOUGH.

It's just a thought. Originally, it was asking what you thought the band members would do and what you thought they might do, not just boos and "This sucks!"
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:42 am

Why NOT talk about it? It's band discussion, no-one's slagging the band or their staying power... It's just speculation.

I'm on your side, Jesus.
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7597
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:03 pm

You just don't want to go to hell. Ass kisser.
Back to top Go down
Zedeff
Untouchable
Untouchable

Number of posts : 286
Cool Points : 5849
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 2:20 pm

Okay, so what would the band members do?

I really think Tom and James would stick together, as they are old high school friends right? If Tom were to keep writing music and wanted a new band, I think he'd approach James about it.

I think Andrew would definitely join a new band. In the times I've met him in the past, he's always been really happy to be on tour, really happy to meet the fans and talk. It's little things like when I saw them in Fargo, after the show I walked up to the stage where he was packing up his gear and two security guards stepped up to railroad me out the door; he saw that and stopped doing his work to come over and chat and get the security to know it was okay. It just says to me that he likes meeting people and talking with the kids and being on tour, and let's face it, you don't get that exerience by working a desk job. I think he'd join a new band and hit the road willingly.

Warren is a wild card.
Back to top Go down
spraypainthero
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
spraypainthero

Male Number of posts : 823
Cool Points : 5992
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 2:26 pm

hahah i'd like to imagine warren sitting in a cubicle with a shirt and tie. and still with his beard. hahah oh man
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JoshRaymond

Male Number of posts : 6478
Cool Points : 8961
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 8:20 pm

someone give me a loaded gun
Back to top Go down
Jesus
Jesus

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 2:14 pm

Quote :
You just don't want to go to hell. Ass kisser.

Hahahah.

I see Tom and James sticking together as well, but Tom has been doing alot of solo stuff lately, and I wonder if James would want to step into the spotlight himself? It seems like he's kind of lived in Toms shadow, so it'd be interesting to see what he did.

I agree with you Zedeff. I think Andrew would just move on, but I hope to high heaven (Ahurhur) that it wouldn't be something like what Blink 182. All that Angels and Airwaves crap or Boxcar...whatever, I'd hope he would hit something big. Maybe something with him singing?

I'd like to see Warren become a preacher or something like that.
Back to top Go down
ska_sean
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
ska_sean

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 2:27 pm

since we are just going to talk about it...

i can see a:

Tom/James
or a
Tom/Warren
...Band

i think Andrew would go off and make something of a Mastadon band with himself singing.

there you got it out of me.
Back to top Go down
brizanne__
Untouchable
Untouchable
brizanne__

Female Number of posts : 305
Cool Points : 5938
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 2:32 pm

Jesus wrote:
I have no reason to believe they will or are, I'm just posting a question.

What do you think would happen to the band members? Solo projects? Move on to other bands? Or just quit the music industry and try other things?

It's ovbious Tom will continue to produce music, he's confirmed he's working on a solo project now and just recently showed it to the band. As awesome as I think this is, does anybody else see warning signs...?

Personally, I see James moving on to another band, Andrew and Warren are toss ups though...

What do you guys think?

that would be the end of my world Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 9:28 pm

if Against me! , the best band in the intirety of ever, were to some kind of cruel twist of fate , to cease to exist....

thats all the post is done because there would be nothing left hanging around for this band is a reason to wake up amoung many others but this is a big one. i love music i dont understand why one could even fathom getting rid of this punk rock legacy. i feel sorry for you having to deal with the thught that popped into your head.

tom is my idol no matter what i do in life, it will remain so. i have never been to a concerte so i dont know the true feeling of it all. but i know that this band is eternal....

Tom if you read this you are my hero dont ever stop...... and dont take any time to think......
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 11:24 pm

as of now there is no reason to assume they will break up. It could be 1 album from now or 10
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 7:45 am

It's a safer bet that they will break up, rather than they won't.

Either way, they're here for now. I'd say there's at very least 2 more albums before we start contemplating if we're flogging a dead horse here.
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 3:35 pm

Ross wrote:
I'd say there's at very least 2 more albums before we start contemplating if we're flogging a dead horse here.

theres all this assuming. why? AM! is past the whole sell out thing just like the Ramones and Greenday got passed it. when you say "before we start contemplating" your talking about you and other disgruntled fans not them. they all love their new stuff as much as their old even if the fans don't agree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 5:41 pm

why are we all of a sudden focused on how many more albums there will be, or when itll all end.

thats the future, this is now! i may be young and not as much life experience but i know something amazing when i see/ hear it! when it ends, it ends but lets hope like the song slurring the rythmes that agaisnt me will "never go home".
Back to top Go down
AM!ShitSTroll
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
AM!ShitSTroll

Male Number of posts : 516
Cool Points : 5934
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 5:48 pm

I would like to think that if they broke up...they would do it amicably...not leaving hating each other

more a less of "this has run its course" type deal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sporadicballard
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*IF* AM! were to break up?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next