Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

*IF* AM! were to break up?

Go down 
+22
Ross
pintsogin
iloveyourmom
lex
WithoutEnd
atom
ska_sean
Armageddon
Zedeff
e6c
Mike
Joaquin_Honest
kropotkin
Stalls_Standing
arollo
Ana
AdamLikesMusic
Pants
impact
spraypainthero
dear_shithead
Jesus
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jesus
From Her Lips to God's Ears
Jesus

Number of posts : 159
Cool Points : 5876
Registration date : 2008-04-12

*IF* AM! were to break up? Empty
PostSubject: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 12:45 am

I have no reason to believe they will or are, I'm just posting a question.

What do you think would happen to the band members? Solo projects? Move on to other bands? Or just quit the music industry and try other things?

It's ovbious Tom will continue to produce music, he's confirmed he's working on a solo project now and just recently showed it to the band. As awesome as I think this is, does anybody else see warning signs...?

Personally, I see James moving on to another band, Andrew and Warren are toss ups though...

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
dear_shithead
dear_shithead

Male Number of posts : 130
Cool Points : 5903
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 12:50 am

I'm pretty sure those songs he's demoing were meant for the band... maybe I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
spraypainthero
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
spraypainthero

Male Number of posts : 823
Cool Points : 5982
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 1:01 am

yeah, i'm pretty sure about taht too

if the band were to break up, Tom would most definently start a new project, and I'm sure the other members would find other bands
Back to top Go down
impact
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
impact

Male Number of posts : 1243
Cool Points : 6049
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 1:03 am

if AM! were to break up..

i'd be rich!
Back to top Go down
Pants
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Pants

Male Number of posts : 3126
Cool Points : 7742
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 1:10 am

I don't even see that as a possibility, but i'm pretty sure he writes most of the material anyway. There tends to most often be a single songwriter, and a backing band to finish off and write the rest of the music. Tom has probably wrote almost all of their stuff thus far, and probably demos it to the band the way he has stated now.

I think Warren might stick with Tom or Andrew if they were to break up, I see James just going wherever
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/cavaliereternal

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 1:23 am

Tom would most definitely continue to make music, and I would still be depressed.
Back to top Go down
AdamLikesMusic
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!

Male Number of posts : 530
Cool Points : 6062
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 1:48 am

impact wrote:
if AM! were to break up..

i'd be rich!

I'm with him.
Back to top Go down
Ana
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ana

Female Number of posts : 4576
Cool Points : 8926
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 1:59 am

I would get a bad case of heartburn, then again there isn't such thing as a "good" case of heartburn.
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

Female Number of posts : 2008
Cool Points : 5997
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 2:04 am

I don't think they would break up. I see AM! going until it gets kind of sad......70 year olds guys playing their old songs every night, but with some 18 year old kid on guitar for no reason.....I can't wait for that, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Stalls_Standing

Male Number of posts : 1815
Cool Points : 5945
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 2:18 am

I can't even see how AM! could ever split up, well soon anyway. They all look like they're having the time of their lives, and they've been through so much!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kieranpunx
kropotkin
Untouchable
Untouchable
kropotkin

Male Number of posts : 357
Cool Points : 5874

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:13 am

isn't AM! musically pretty much Tom anyway? i'd like to see more of the other members writing songs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pedesx
Joaquin_Honest
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Joaquin_Honest

Male Number of posts : 740
Cool Points : 6128
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:33 am

arollo wrote:
I don't think they would break up. I see AM! going until it gets kind of sad......70 year olds guys playing their old songs every night, but with some 18 year old kid on guitar for no reason.....I can't wait for that, to be honest.

I don't ever see them breaking up either. Not because I think it would go on until it get kind of sad but because I don't ever see beyond 23 to be completely honest. But now that you made mention of the 70 year old guys still playing their old songs (probably with pace makers and air tanks) I really look forward to it, too. Because I can see my 60 year old self along with my 58-60 year old friends still going to the shows trying to sing along at the top of our lungs - thoroughly infected with cancer, I'm sure, too. A mosh pit full of canes and hip-replacements...

Now I'm back to not being able to see past 23. So I'm really freaked out about turning 20...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jadennny
Mike
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Male Number of posts : 3153
Cool Points : 7530
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 5:30 am

I'd rather not outlive Against Me! but I'd rather not do a lot of things.
Back to top Go down
e6c
Untouchable
Untouchable
e6c

Male Number of posts : 466
Cool Points : 5871
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 5:58 am

Boo to this thread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/e6c
Zedeff
Untouchable
Untouchable

Number of posts : 286
Cool Points : 5839
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 1:25 pm

It's unrealistic to say that they'll never break up. Personally I give them 2 more albums.

It's not a matter of the band not getting along, or them not liking music, or any perceived tension. But Tom's been doing AM! since what 1998? That's ten years. New Wave was their commercial debut and, largely, a farewell to many of their old fans who have moved on. The next album will be out in spring '09 I bet, killing off another huge chunk of the old fan base and probably being very successful, getting bigger and finally being a mainstream "breakthrough" album.

But if you look at the commercial rock and roll world, these days almost nobody has two hit albums and every band is a fad. I look at who was big when I was a teen... Korn, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, Disturbed, Finger Eleven, and the start of Nickleback. Of those, who's still around AND on the radio often? Just Nickleback.

So they'll put out their third big album which will not do so well in all likelihood, and then they'll stop. It'll be for a number of reasons. Because their label might drop them, because they'll - for the first time in their careers - release one album that did worse than the oe before it, because they'll miss the old days, because they're stressed about a failing business... but mostly because they'll have been doing this for 15 years and want to do something else.

I don't have the same insterests or hobbies today as I did 15 years ago, and I don't think that's a fault. If the band splits up because they want to move on to other things, I don't necessarily perceive that as a negative result.
Back to top Go down
Armageddon
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Armageddon

Female Number of posts : 856
Cool Points : 6041

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 2:17 pm

i def. think tom would go solo if they were ever to break up
Back to top Go down
ska_sean
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
ska_sean

Male Number of posts : 1792
Cool Points : 6747

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:10 pm

i say blasphamy on you all!!! can we not talk about them breaking up please, they are together for now and hopefully it will stay that way lets not jinx it.
Back to top Go down
atom
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
atom

Male Number of posts : 1880
Cool Points : 5971
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:15 pm

can we close this? haha
Back to top Go down
WithoutEnd
Untouchable
Untouchable
WithoutEnd

Number of posts : 332
Cool Points : 5863
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:17 pm

All four of 'em would commit suicide.
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7587
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:28 pm

This thread sucks.
Back to top Go down
iloveyourmom
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
iloveyourmom

Male Number of posts : 827
Cool Points : 6330
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:34 pm

lex wrote:
This thread sucks.

Yup.. This thread has officially made me sad and ruined my day, I've been awake for about 10 minutes.. You guys suck!
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:40 pm

iloveyourmom wrote:
lex wrote:
This thread sucks.

Yup.. This thread has officially made me sad and ruined my day, I've been awake for about 10 minutes.. You guys suck!

It's 1 in the afternoon..
Back to top Go down
iloveyourmom
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
iloveyourmom

Male Number of posts : 827
Cool Points : 6330
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:43 pm

Yup.. Working nights is great.. I'm actually up early...
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:43 pm

Oh yeah I forgot. I was gonna say..
Back to top Go down
atom
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
atom

Male Number of posts : 1880
Cool Points : 5971
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:57 pm

lex wrote:
This thread sucks.

can we please please close it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *IF* AM! were to break up?   *IF* AM! were to break up? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*IF* AM! were to break up?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next