Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AM! Next Album...make or break?

Go down 
+20
Stalls_Standing
dear_shithead
godisdead
Pepe
kropotkin
Ross
Jesus
atom
arollo
Cliche Guevara
Nautical Rudie
mullets suk
lex
nickno
BettyOakes
JAPSoccer13
iloveyourmom
Sam Jones!
pintsogin
AM!ShitSTroll
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
AM!ShitSTroll
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
AM!ShitSTroll

Male Number of posts : 516
Cool Points : 5923
Registration date : 2008-02-27

AM! Next Album...make or break? Empty
PostSubject: AM! Next Album...make or break?   AM! Next Album...make or break? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 6:28 pm

For those who want something more than New Wave (this is not a thread about what their next album is...name, songs, etc...more of a topic of the status of the band in your mind)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sporadicballard
AM!ShitSTroll
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
AM!ShitSTroll

Male Number of posts : 516
Cool Points : 5923
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: AM! Next Album...make or break?   AM! Next Album...make or break? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 6:32 pm

ok sorry i didnt know how this worked...
but personally, I cant listen to the songs on New Wave and feel the same way about the songs that were written previously. This is not about me disliking New Wave, becuase it is far better than most of the crap that comes out on the radio. However, I dont feel the same emotion emitting from this album as I did when I first got into the band (Crime, 2001). I remember buying this EP and being blown away...I just dont get that from New Wave...but I digress

For those older fans (and newer too) will the next album by AM! make or break the amount of committment you give to the band? (e.g. I Drove to Florida from Virginia just to see them in their hometown in 2001)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sporadicballard
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

Male Number of posts : 3158
Cool Points : 8113
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: AM! Next Album...make or break?   AM! Next Album...make or break? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 6:39 pm

interesting question

i agree that NW doesn't get me rocking like Cowboy or anything previous. even Searching For had a lot of highlights although not on par with their previous work. if their next album isn't that great am probably not going to anymore of their concerts. at this point they don't play enough of what i like (Feb 17th they played 7 NW songs, 1 searching and 6 before that) so when the next album comes out it'll be worse. don't really wanna pay $25 for 5 songs or less.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Pollard/209701715
Sam Jones!
Untouchable
Untouchable
Sam Jones!

Female Number of posts : 375
Cool Points : 5956
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: AM! Next Album...make or break?   AM! Next Album...make or break? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 7:15 pm

if their new album was horrible i would probably still go see them. i dont know. it depends
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AM! Next Album...make or break?   AM! Next Album...make or break? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 7:32 pm

I think the only thing that will suck about their next album is how it will affect the setlist..like pintsogin said, by their next album we will probably very rarely hear anything off of RAR or eternal. Then again, that's just me guessing..I dunno. We'll see. I'll still go to their shows whenever I can because they put on a damn good show, even if the setlist isn't my favorite. Their next album will probably be great, though.
Back to top Go down
iloveyourmom
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
iloveyourmom

Male Number of posts : 827
Cool Points : 6329
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: AM! Next Album...make or break?   AM! Next Album...make or break? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 2:09 am

I'll still go to their shows as long as I get a atleast two of the five; We Laugh At Danger, Baby I'm An Anarchist, Walking Is Still Honest, You Look Like I Need A Drink, or Cliche Guevara..

In the last two shoes I've been to, I think I got 5/5 and 4/5...
Back to top Go down
JAPSoccer13
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JAPSoccer13

Female Number of posts : 2125
Cool Points : 5979
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: AM! Next Album...make or break?   AM! Next Album...make or break? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 3:05 am

it'll suck cause all the songs that made everyone fal lin love with AM in the first place will be novelties.
and i agree, that new wave , i dont think has as much emotion, and i think just kinda raw attitude as all the previous records. i hope id still like them come next record.
Back to top Go down
http://jordanparrish.tumblr.com
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: AM! Next Album...make or break?   AM! Next Album...make or break? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 3:27 am

yeah i thought about it and i most likely won't see them again due to the set list (assuming the album will be bad. wasn't too impressed by their latest myspace track). Plus the crowd that was at the last show was... well just different then previous shows.
Back to top Go down
JAPSoccer13
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JAPSoccer13

Female Number of posts : 2125
Cool Points : 5979
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: AM! Next Album...make or break?   AM! Next Album...make or break? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 11:17 am

thats what also is going to suck, as they get mainstream, the crowds gonna change from people who new songs who werent even released to people who know just whats played on the radio.
im happy they're becoming what they are, but i secretly wanted them to be hated my the mainstream media, so they're tickets would stay 15$ and the crowds would stay smaller.
Back to top Go down
http://jordanparrish.tumblr.com
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: AM! Next Album...make or break?   AM! Next Album...make or break? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 7:16 pm

Bad Religion was signed to a major label then dropped when their sales weren't that good and went back to epitaph. maybe the same will happen AM! but then again NW has done really well.
Back to top Go down
BettyOakes
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
BettyOakes

Female Number of posts : 823
Cool Points : 5950
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: AM! Next Album...make or break?   AM! Next Album...make or break? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 10:36 pm

in almost all the interviews i've seen tom has said that he hasnt sold out its just a move that he's always expected to happen.

in their defense and this is my final word on this i think "without the mainstream exposure i could have never heard of them. there's no way to describe how after meeting them and listening to their music how i couldn't have even glimpsed their ten years of music. i am forever thankful that they 'sold out' or whatever you want to call it so i could listen to them"
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/oneislonelywhenucantcount
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: AM! Next Album...make or break?   AM! Next Album...make or break? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 10:54 pm

this thread isn't discussing whether or not their sell outs but whether or not you will have the same level of commitment to them if their next album blows. it seems to me like most people on this site are fans of their newer stuff as well as old.
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: AM! Next Album...make or break?   AM! Next Album...make or break? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 11:25 pm

BettyOakes wrote:
in almost all the interviews i've seen tom has said that he hasnt sold out its just a move that he's always expected to happen.

in the AP article Tom jokes about how they never took the 1st round of major label offers seriously. Which you can see for your self in the AM! DVD.
Back to top Go down
BettyOakes
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
BettyOakes

PostSubject: Re: AM! Next Album...make or break?   AM! Next Album...make or break? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 2:07 am

D:
well i was just thinking today how much i wanted it...and now i feel worse thanks.
haha.
Back to top Go down
nickno
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
nickno

Male Number of posts : 1232
Cool Points : 6920
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: AM! Next Album...make or break?   AM! Next Album...make or break? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 3:28 am

i actualy think the 'new' album wont effect the set list to much..they dont play many songs from Searching For.. so they might only end up play 2 or so New Wave songs plus a buncha new songs...but the thing to think about is, if Against Me is headling there own tour next go around there gonna have 2 hour set list so RAR songs will be regulars..thats just a hope tho Smile
Back to top Go down
BettyOakes
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
BettyOakes

PostSubject: Re: AM! Next Album...make or break?   AM! Next Album...make or break? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 3:31 am

a 2 hour set would be fantastic.
and yeah they would probably play anything they wanted...yessssss.
too bad they wont come to montana so i will have to plan an extensive road trip.
but it'll be worth it.

it's really comforting when i see that new wave panther and under it says "ON TOUR FOREVER"
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: AM! Next Album...make or break?   AM! Next Album...make or break? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 9:58 am

nickyno wrote:
if Against Me is headling there own tour next go around there gonna have 2 hour set list so RAR songs will be regulars..thats just a hope tho Smile

but they already headline their own tours and their not 2 hrs long
Back to top Go down
nickno
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
nickno

PostSubject: Re: AM! Next Album...make or break?   AM! Next Album...make or break? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 11:41 am

pintsogin wrote:
nickyno wrote:
if Against Me is headling there own tour next go around there gonna have 2 hour set list so RAR songs will be regulars..thats just a hope tho Smile

but they already headline their own tours and their not 2 hrs long

big shows, not just shows to 1-5 thousand people if you know what i mean? like major headline shows
Back to top Go down
Sam Jones!
Untouchable
Untouchable
Sam Jones!

Female Number of posts : 375
Cool Points : 5956

PostSubject: Re: AM! Next Album...make or break?   AM! Next Album...make or break? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 12:54 pm

those would kinda suck the huuuge shows. but if your an old die hard fan you would prob. either not go or still go and be all the way in the front singing alomg (me). all those extra people would suck but as long as im in the front i dont care
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7586

PostSubject: Re: AM! Next Album...make or break?   AM! Next Album...make or break? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 12:55 pm

I can never seen them healining arenas or anything, they're an awesome band and deserve to get a lot of attention, but not enough people realize their awesomeness.
Back to top Go down
nickno
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
nickno

PostSubject: Re: AM! Next Album...make or break?   AM! Next Album...make or break? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 6:01 pm

i'm not gonna lie. i would rather see them in a small venue and rock that shit. but tom did say his dream was to get as big as possible, so im sure they will make an attempt to play those large venues
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: AM! Next Album...make or break?   AM! Next Album...make or break? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 7:08 pm

never in a million yrs pay money to see AM! in some huge arena where Led Zepplin would play. If i won free tickets i'd sell them or something
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7586

PostSubject: Re: AM! Next Album...make or break?   AM! Next Album...make or break? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 7:09 pm

Why? You'd let a venue affect your love of a band?
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: AM! Next Album...make or break?   AM! Next Album...make or break? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 7:18 pm

I loved Metallica in middle/high school. Saw them at MCI center in 10th grade and it wasn't that great. It was my first show ever and really didn't know why it wasn't that great. Then saw Cake a few months later in a club and I realized why Metallica wasn't so great at MCI.

Now imagine AM! at MCI with stadium seating. After seeing them 4 times in clubs with a couple 100 other fans. No way in hell.

Not really into the whole sell out labeling thing, They can sign where ever they want and put as many songs on the radio as they want. but for me AM! playing a stadium tour would piss me off.
Back to top Go down
BettyOakes
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
BettyOakes

PostSubject: Re: AM! Next Album...make or break?   AM! Next Album...make or break? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 7:20 pm

most of the time i dont even think about the venue i just get there and say ohshit this is a PARKING LOT not even joking.
the music is always worth it to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AM! Next Album...make or break?   AM! Next Album...make or break? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AM! Next Album...make or break?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next