Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

fun/pointless walking is still honest question

Go down 
+11
Ross
mattharris
atom
Armageddon
arollo
JAPSoccer13
tradgickmagick
WithoutEnd
Kyle
lex
pintsogin
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

Male Number of posts : 3158
Cool Points : 8256
Registration date : 2008-02-01

fun/pointless walking is still honest question Empty
PostSubject: fun/pointless walking is still honest question   fun/pointless walking is still honest question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 11:26 am

when you see it live, during the 2nd verse do you sing the 'whoa' or the lyrics. I've always been a whoa guy but at Warped i decided to switch it up and sing the verse. I liked the verse better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Pollard/209701715
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7729
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: fun/pointless walking is still honest question   fun/pointless walking is still honest question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 11:27 am

haha, I have never sung the woahs. Maybe I'll try it some day...but the last time I saw it, I laughed because Lauren was going MY SON!! MY FAMILY!! and it was pretty hilarious. But maybe you just had to be there.
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

PostSubject: Re: fun/pointless walking is still honest question   fun/pointless walking is still honest question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 11:42 am

But the REAL question is do you sing along to James' WOO!
Back to top Go down
Kyle
thumbless wonder
Kyle

Male Number of posts : 3639
Cool Points : 7576
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: fun/pointless walking is still honest question   fun/pointless walking is still honest question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 12:17 pm

The 2nd verse is so fun to sing...and I feel like if I didnt sing the words, that I would be looked down upon like I "didnt know the words to one of Against Me!'s biggest songs"

Weird, I know...but when Im at a show, for some reason I feel like Im being looked at by everyone.
Back to top Go down
WithoutEnd
Untouchable
Untouchable
WithoutEnd

Number of posts : 332
Cool Points : 6005
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: fun/pointless walking is still honest question   fun/pointless walking is still honest question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 12:19 pm

I need to learn the words to Thrash Unreal I guess.
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

PostSubject: Re: fun/pointless walking is still honest question   fun/pointless walking is still honest question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 12:23 pm

Suck_It_Trebek wrote:
The 2nd verse is so fun to sing...and I feel like if I didnt sing the words, that I would be looked down upon like I "didnt know the words to one of Against Me!'s biggest songs"

Weird, I know...but when Im at a show, for some reason I feel like Im being looked at by everyone.

Really? I feel the exact opposite, haha. There's so many people, I'm like 'oh no one can see me!' But then once after a My Chem show Frank was like hey I saw you rocking out! I liked your shirt. I was kinda like oh damn...I guess I'm not invisible. Awkward.
Back to top Go down
tradgickmagick
From Her Lips to God's Ears
tradgickmagick

Number of posts : 197
Cool Points : 6031
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: fun/pointless walking is still honest question   fun/pointless walking is still honest question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 12:28 pm

Yeah... i have to sing every word... allthough one of my favorite WOO! moments is during we laugh at danger... gotta do it every time... i really dont care if people look at me... i rock out as hard as i can. at bonnaroo most of the people in the photpit were taking pictures of me and the kid next to me.. apparently we were going crazy..
Back to top Go down
Kyle
thumbless wonder
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: fun/pointless walking is still honest question   fun/pointless walking is still honest question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 12:44 pm

I force my friends who dont listen to Against Me! to sing the "climax" moments of their songs.

Example songs:
We Laugh At Danger
Those Anarcho Punks are Mysterious
Sink Florida Sink
Baby, Im An Anarchist!
Dont Lose Touch

Oh yes. Its fun.
Back to top Go down
tradgickmagick
tradgickmagick

PostSubject: Re: fun/pointless walking is still honest question   fun/pointless walking is still honest question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 12:46 pm

most of my friends dont like against me for some reason or aonther... cant understand it cuz they have a pretty abstract taste in music....whenever we are driving someplace and i have it on in the car all i hear is complaining... "ahh turn this off.. lets listen to somethign else"... so i have no choice but to turn it up even louder and sing every word as loud as i can... hopefully one day i can brainwash them
Back to top Go down
JAPSoccer13
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JAPSoccer13

Female Number of posts : 2125
Cool Points : 6122
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: fun/pointless walking is still honest question   fun/pointless walking is still honest question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 2:12 pm

tradgickmagick wrote:
most of my friends dont like against me for some reason or aonther... cant understand it cuz they have a pretty abstract taste in music....whenever we are driving someplace and i have it on in the car all i hear is complaining... "ahh turn this off.. lets listen to somethign else"... so i have no choice but to turn it up even louder and sing every word as loud as i can... hopefully one day i can brainwash them

haha i do this also. theres just time where ill pop in the cd and i hear groans form everyone in the car, so i turn it up and sing as loud as i can. my friends just dont care for AM that much.

which i find really really sad.
Back to top Go down
http://jordanparrish.tumblr.com
Kyle
thumbless wonder
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: fun/pointless walking is still honest question   fun/pointless walking is still honest question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 2:31 pm

Ya, my friends listen to mostly death metal and 'deathcore'.
So its refreshing to go from that to the sweet sounds of Cavalier Eternal...and they all know the words and have a soft spot for it.
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

Male Number of posts : 3158
Cool Points : 8256
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: fun/pointless walking is still honest question   fun/pointless walking is still honest question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 2:58 pm

many of my friends like or love AM!. some have turned pretty ghetto over the years and listen to 3-6 Mafia and lil Wayne but still sing along to RAR when ever their at a party. its pretty funny
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Pollard/209701715
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

Female Number of posts : 2008
Cool Points : 6139
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: fun/pointless walking is still honest question   fun/pointless walking is still honest question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:02 pm

Suck_It_Trebek wrote:
Ya, my friends listen to mostly death metal and 'deathcore'.
So its refreshing to go from that to the sweet sounds of Cavalier Eternal...and they all know the words and have a soft spot for it.

Deathcore? That's a real thing?
Back to top Go down
tradgickmagick
tradgickmagick

PostSubject: Re: fun/pointless walking is still honest question   fun/pointless walking is still honest question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:06 pm

Yeah seriousley... me and my friends started making riduclous bands and labeling them with fake genres. like for instance we made a "SegaCore" band called 16-Bit... all of the songs were about sega prevailing over nintendo. but they were pretty nasty. song were like "Yoshi is a cunt" or "Nintendo is for pussys" it made the summer alot more fun hhaha
Back to top Go down
Kyle
thumbless wonder
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: fun/pointless walking is still honest question   fun/pointless walking is still honest question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:06 pm

Yes. I guess.

Death Metal + Metalcore (Hardcore + Metal) = Deathcore

basically Death Metal with breakdowns and chantable choruses.

I dont get it...But I dont hate it. I actually find myself listening to it sometimes.
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

PostSubject: Re: fun/pointless walking is still honest question   fun/pointless walking is still honest question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:11 pm

tradgickmagick wrote:
Yeah seriousley... me and my friends started making riduclous bands and labeling them with fake genres. like for instance we made a "SegaCore" band called 16-Bit... all of the songs were about sega prevailing over nintendo. but they were pretty nasty. song were like "Yoshi is a cunt" or "Nintendo is for pussys" it made the summer alot more fun hhaha

I would actually listen to that band.

I'm going to start a band called "Fanboy". Our hit single will be "Your Mother Costs Less Than A Playstation 3".

Suck_It_Trebek wrote:
Yes. I guess.

Death Metal + Metalcore (Hardcore + Metal) = Deathcore

basically Death Metal with breakdowns and chantable choruses.

I dont get it...But I dont hate it. I actually find myself listening to it sometimes.

Fair enough, I guess. Can you hit me with some links to good examples of deathcore? I'm too scared to go to MySpace music and type in "deathcore" myself.....I just want to hear this.
Back to top Go down
Armageddon
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Armageddon

Female Number of posts : 856
Cool Points : 6183
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: fun/pointless walking is still honest question   fun/pointless walking is still honest question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:13 pm

i change it up sometimes too but the verse is def. funner to sing cause most of the crowd will just do the whoa's....yeah funner is a word
Back to top Go down
tradgickmagick
tradgickmagick

PostSubject: Re: fun/pointless walking is still honest question   fun/pointless walking is still honest question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:14 pm

I actually have the 3 songs we recorded. ill upload them one day and send you the link if you want. the only real instrument we had was a guitar. the drums is just a shitty keyboard with a drum kit on it
Back to top Go down
Kyle
thumbless wonder
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: fun/pointless walking is still honest question   fun/pointless walking is still honest question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:15 pm

Ya, well some 'notable' names of the genre can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_deathcore_bands

I recommend Whitechapel, Winds of Plague, Suicide Silence, and Bring Me the Horizon.

No matter how many scene girls drool over this genre, I still think its a fun listen.
Back to top Go down
tradgickmagick
tradgickmagick

PostSubject: Re: fun/pointless walking is still honest question   fun/pointless walking is still honest question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:17 pm

ahah how about cryptopsy...hahah my friend interviewed them and saw them live. Lord Worm(singer) fed everyone in the front row live worms in the middle of a song. pretty crazy shit
Back to top Go down
Kyle
thumbless wonder
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: fun/pointless walking is still honest question   fun/pointless walking is still honest question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:21 pm

Cryptopsy are crazy. Haha.
I know this has become completely off topic, but you guys should check out the video for "this is exile" by whitechapel. Its so manly. Haha
Back to top Go down
tradgickmagick
tradgickmagick

PostSubject: Re: fun/pointless walking is still honest question   fun/pointless walking is still honest question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:28 pm

All of the threads here go off topic after lik 10 posts... once it reaches the 2nd page its all over hahah perhaps there is a common relation with AM! fans and ADHD
Back to top Go down
Kyle
thumbless wonder
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: fun/pointless walking is still honest question   fun/pointless walking is still honest question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:29 pm

ADHD? That reminds of this time I met a bird.
Mmm...He was a nice guy.
Well, I gotta do my taxes. Ill be back later.

Say, where am I?
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

PostSubject: Re: fun/pointless walking is still honest question   fun/pointless walking is still honest question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:34 pm

tradgickmagick wrote:
All of the threads here go off topic after lik 10 posts... once it reaches the 2nd page its all over hahah perhaps there is a common relation with AM! fans and ADHD

I like that. The best discussions go anywhere and everywhere. It is no fun to be so rigid in one's approach to anything.
Back to top Go down
tradgickmagick
tradgickmagick

PostSubject: Re: fun/pointless walking is still honest question   fun/pointless walking is still honest question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:35 pm

you speak the truth!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fun/pointless walking is still honest question   fun/pointless walking is still honest question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fun/pointless walking is still honest question
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next