Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dreams

Go down 
+32
Stevie K
ultimo323
Ross
ragingzombie
raptorsaurus
blake
WWD4D?
iloveyourmom
Aaron
Kyle
Toadvine
Tim
Johnny99
deonnametet
hastekilledcreativity
ih8thecharts
Jackattack
ThusSpokeYourFace
Mike
himynameisnick
Johnny5
Kam
SirIan
Ana
JustinAtWill
rainy-j
ska_sean
Cenaco
billy pilgrim
lex
hyperballad
StoolPigeon
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

Male Number of posts : 6265
Cool Points : 10188
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Dreams   Dreams Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 5:26 pm

I figured since we have the AM! Dreams thread in the Band section, why not have a normal Dreams thread in the spam section? Especially considering I had a crazy zombie dream last night that I would like to share with everyone! Smile (Disclaimer: I did not look through the rest of the topics, so there might already be a Dreams thread, in which case, you may delete this post.)

Anyways, last night I had a dream about zombies attacking Dar es Salaam, and I was at my school at a time. I definitely remember taking out a Skeletor zombie (I call my English teacher Skeletor - he looks like a fucking skeleton), and several others, all armed with a random cricket bat I found lying around. Anyways, so what ended up happening was that I ran around for a while, killing zombies and finding friends, and then I left the school to find my mum (my dad was buggered off to Canada, or something like that Razz ), and so I got in the back of a friend's truck, who drove me (and my cricket bat) in the general direction of my house, but for some reason we had to go back, so I ended up back in school. When I got there, there's a little hut (my entire school is outdoors (like no hallways or anything), minus the classrooms) type thing next to the canteen with a lot of picnic-style tables, for kids to hang out, and some people were using that, with the tables turned over for protection, so I joined them in there, and fended off some zombies for a while, before we decided to go inside the canteen, and live in there for a while with Jimmy, being the guy who runs the canteen (though, not anymore, he got fired (unfortunately, he's the nicest guy), so now they've got Subway doing our canteen...), and basically just stayed there for a while. Every once in a while, I would go out and fight some more zombies, or go out to rescue someone, or the likes, but aside from that, we stayed in the Canteen. Finally, someone came up to me, and said "The zombies are gone, we won!" and that was the end of my dream.

I apologize for the run-on sentences and lack of any kind of story structure, I just wrote it as it came to me. Razz

EDIT: I would like to add, though this isn't regarding dreams, that my friend and I were at the pub tonight, and when we were discussing my dream, we moved on to zombies and talked extensively about if zombies did attack, where we would go, and what we would do, and while we were walking along the road from the pub, we came across a graveyard, which is actually the oldest German graveyard in all of Eastern Africa, and is reputed to be haunted, and decided to go in, and walk through the cemetery. And it was pitch black in there, there were no lights whatsoever, so when we went in, we had to use a lighter which had a flashlight on it to go through. It was so fucking creepy.
Back to top Go down
hyperballad
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
hyperballad

Female Number of posts : 3318
Cool Points : 7483
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 5:58 pm

the last dream I had was that I got into New College of Florida, which is where I want to go.
the dream I had before that one? I was denied acceptance from New College of Florida.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7588
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 6:03 pm

I don't remember any dreams right now, but zombies are awesome. I wish I dreamed about zombies. If zombies attacked I would bake for them. I have a baking blog and the name involves zombies, and I have mentioned that the purpose of my baking is to woo zombies in case of an attack. That might not be entirely why I bake though, it's still being discussed.
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
billy pilgrim

Female Number of posts : 1845
Cool Points : 6085
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 6:45 pm

My dream last night was friggin weird, I don't remember much aside from that I was hearing "New Coat of Paint" by Tom Waits but with different words, and the gas station a few blocks away from my house and a pick up truck was involved.
Back to top Go down

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 6:59 pm

I have really weird dreams. I have repetitive dreams a lot. I really believe that most dreams have meaning, especially if you're seeing the same dream over and over again. For example, I went a few months straight having a dream, or what felt more like a nightmare, where I'd be at an aquarium, or by my fish tank, or a lake, and suddenly all of the fish would die. They wouldn't just flop over, but they'd pull apart, dissolve, melt or eat each other. It was always really disgusting to see, but I could never do anything about it and it really bothered me. I could just sit there and watch until they were all dead. I stopped having those dreams for awhile, but I still have them occasionally. I have a few dream meaning books and they all say that seeing fish in your dreams is a good thing (fish are associated with Christ, or something), but if you see them dying then that means you're experiencing a feeling of disappointment or loss, and you feel out of control. It's weird because that's pretty much true about most of my life, and whenever I have that dream (which is kind of often) I can look back on my life and realize that I'm feeling out of control at the moment. The dream only really stops when I'm feeling content in my daily life.
Back to top Go down
Cenaco
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Cenaco

Female Number of posts : 702
Cool Points : 5694
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 7:50 pm

yeah I have weird dreams, but I like them, and I can usually remember them, but for some reason i can't remember mine from last night. I've had a lot of reoccurring dreams lately.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/frigerofrero
ska_sean
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
ska_sean

Male Number of posts : 1792
Cool Points : 6748
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 8:06 pm

i havent remembered any dreams any of my life. Ive tried to do everything set my alarm clock to ring every 30mins-1hr, to get me up in the middle of REM, but nothing, black-ness. One of the teachers said that it could be because i never really go to sleep, it was a weird explanation. But i would really love just once to remember any of my dreams, since i dont know if i have them or not. But i was told everyone dreams.

Got any clue to help me out, and ive tried everything possible.
Back to top Go down
Cenaco
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Cenaco

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 8:26 pm

ska_sean wrote:
i havent remembered any dreams any of my life. Ive tried to do everything set my alarm clock to ring every 30mins-1hr, to get me up in the middle of REM, but nothing, black-ness. One of the teachers said that it could be because i never really go to sleep, it was a weird explanation. But i would really love just once to remember any of my dreams, since i dont know if i have them or not. But i was told everyone dreams.

everyone dreams. tis true. insomnia its killer. i'm telling you.
Back to top Go down
ska_sean
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
ska_sean

Male Number of posts : 1792
Cool Points : 6748

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 8:28 pm

not insomnia, something about the mind never really going into REM just the point right before or some shit... I WISH IT WAS INSOMNIA....only time ill ever say that
Back to top Go down
Cenaco
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Cenaco

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 9:37 pm

ska_sean wrote:
not insomnia, something about the mind never really going into REM just the point right before or some shit... I WISH IT WAS INSOMNIA....only time ill ever say that

not really going into rem !?!?!?!
Rem sleep is so important for the brain and for neural connection and for the process of information, and everything...AH!!

dude you need REM SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 5:30 am

What she said. Smile

But, seriously, I LOVE dreams. I don't know, I just love idea of being on some other plane of existence, where things don't necessarily function both on a physical level and a mental level as they do in our conscious lives. I mean, even if it's a nightmare, I might wake up and I'll be shitting my pants in fear, but then even like two seconds later, I'll be like, "Dude... That was AWESOME!"

I also really like the idea of dreams meaning something, and your subconscious telling you something, but I don't really like it when people take it to another level, and make it out to be some sort of supernatural thing.
Back to top Go down
rainy-j
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
rainy-j

Female Number of posts : 635
Cool Points : 5909
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 7:43 am

lauren wrote:
I have really weird dreams. I have repetitive dreams a lot. I really believe that most dreams have meaning, especially if you're seeing the same dream over and over again. For example, I went a few months straight having a dream, or what felt more like a nightmare, where I'd be at an aquarium, or by my fish tank, or a lake, and suddenly all of the fish would die. They wouldn't just flop over, but they'd pull apart, dissolve, melt or eat each other. It was always really disgusting to see, but I could never do anything about it and it really bothered me. I could just sit there and watch until they were all dead. I stopped having those dreams for awhile, but I still have them occasionally. I have a few dream meaning books and they all say that seeing fish in your dreams is a good thing (fish are associated with Christ, or something), but if you see them dying then that means you're experiencing a feeling of disappointment or loss, and you feel out of control. It's weird because that's pretty much true about most of my life, and whenever I have that dream (which is kind of often) I can look back on my life and realize that I'm feeling out of control at the moment. The dream only really stops when I'm feeling content in my daily life.

Dream books are mostly confusing pieces of crap... I used to listen to this radio show called the "Dream doctor" I'm pretty sure the website is still up *checks* yep it's still there, www.dreamdoctor.com. He's way more professional, and the stuff he tells you is way clearer and upfront. The show isn't on anymore I don't think, because he was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease...
I used to call into that show like every time I had a dream that was bothering me. I've never had dreams about fish dissolving, but I have had dreams about lakes and pools and things... And The dream doctor said that water is ALWAYS a symbol for EMOTIONS. And there's never a metaphor for what you're feeling in a dream, so if you were scared... That's it, you were scared, there's no hidden alternate meaning behind you being scared, you just were... well, you'd have to find out WHY you were scared and what you might be scared about in real life. Or since you said you couldn't do anything about the fish dieing, maybe you feel/felt helpless in some situation in your real life.
That's what I liked about the show too, he had you tell him about what was going on in your real life and explained the similarities and what you could do to improve your dream experiences.
He's also educated in helping people find sleep, helping with insomnia... So apart from helping people with their dreams, he also helped people with sleep troubles.
But yeah, if you have a dream I'd go to that site before any lame-ass Gypsy, cheap fortune teller dream book (All those books are like that in my case)... I wonder if the dream doctor has any books published...
Hope that helps though!
Back to top Go down
rainy-j
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
rainy-j

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 7:52 am

ska_sean wrote:

Weird! I remember reading something about this!
People who are woken up during dreaming are found to be more jittery and easily spooked when awake,
And tend to be more easily upset, irritable and feel like they haven't gotten much sleep.
so, setting your alarm like that isn't going to make you remember your dreams.
You'll get all excited and it will just be like POOF!
I could probably write a better thing about this if I wasn't so tired, but I am probably not gonna get many other chances at the computer so........ yeah.
If you have any day where you can sleep as long as you'd like... Take that time to just sleeep for a really long time haha. And when you wake up, force yourself to go back to sleep. If you do fall back to sleep you might dream something. And if you realize that you're dreaming, remember to remain calm. Because if you get excited like "YAY! I'm finally dreaming!" you'll abruptly wake up and not remember a thing... Because this happens to me.

I am so interested in sleep and dreams and stuff like that... That i've trained myself to remain calm when I realize that I'm dreaming. It doesn't happen over night, but I feel like I've got a pretty good control over it. It's gotten to the point where I can navigate the scene in my dream (kind of like being conscious and aware in a dream)... Recently I've had dreams where there are things written places, before I would just not have any control, so I wouldn't be able to notice... But now I stop and look, and I can read things on walls in my dreams! It is so freakin' cool that it makes me want to be asleep all the time.
I had this dream that I was pretty much skating with my feet on water and across land going really fast, riding these weird animals... and then I jumped really high and landed on this ancient pillar. There was this stone next to it that had writing on it, so I looked closer and it said "behold the power" lol

anyway I'm done rambling... I just love this stuff... I think I've found my favorite thread.
Back to top Go down
JustinAtWill
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
JustinAtWill

Male Number of posts : 1582
Cool Points : 7153
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 10:30 am

rainy-j wrote:
ska_sean wrote:

Weird! I remember reading something about this!
People who are woken up during dreaming are found to be more jittery and easily spooked when awake,
And tend to be more easily upset, irritable and feel like they haven't gotten much sleep.
so, setting your alarm like that isn't going to make you remember your dreams.
You'll get all excited and it will just be like POOF!
I could probably write a better thing about this if I wasn't so tired, but I am probably not gonna get many other chances at the computer so........ yeah.
If you have any day where you can sleep as long as you'd like... Take that time to just sleeep for a really long time haha. And when you wake up, force yourself to go back to sleep. If you do fall back to sleep you might dream something. And if you realize that you're dreaming, remember to remain calm. Because if you get excited like "YAY! I'm finally dreaming!" you'll abruptly wake up and not remember a thing... Because this happens to me.

I am so interested in sleep and dreams and stuff like that... That i've trained myself to remain calm when I realize that I'm dreaming. It doesn't happen over night, but I feel like I've got a pretty good control over it. It's gotten to the point where I can navigate the scene in my dream (kind of like being conscious and aware in a dream)... Recently I've had dreams where there are things written places, before I would just not have any control, so I wouldn't be able to notice... But now I stop and look, and I can read things on walls in my dreams! It is so freakin' cool that it makes me want to be asleep all the time.
I had this dream that I was pretty much skating with my feet on water and across land going really fast, riding these weird animals... and then I jumped really high and landed on this ancient pillar. There was this stone next to it that had writing on it, so I looked closer and it said "behold the power" lol

anyway I'm done rambling... I just love this stuff... I think I've found my favorite thread.

Its called Lucid dreaming. I love it.

Maybe we should try and get into eachothers dreams....

haha me and my friend danny used to try that.

we were 11.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xatwillx
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 10:33 am

Hahahahaha, that's awesome. That would be fucking intense if you could actually connect via dreams.
Back to top Go down
rainy-j
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
rainy-j

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 5:16 pm

I wonder... And yay! Thanks for reminding me what it's called, I used to know but I only just recently started getting into this sort of thing... I love it!
yay, lets try! haha

edit: I mean i have been into it for awhile, but have been more interested AGAIN lately in lucid dreaming.

Last edited by rainy-j on Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : accidentally left something out)
Back to top Go down

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 6:20 pm

rainy-j wrote:
lauren wrote:

Dream books are mostly confusing pieces of crap... I used to listen to this radio show called the "Dream doctor" I'm pretty sure the website is still up *checks* yep it's still there, www.dreamdoctor.com. He's way more professional, and the stuff he tells you is way clearer and upfront. The show isn't on anymore I don't think, because he was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease...
I used to call into that show like every time I had a dream that was bothering me. I've never had dreams about fish dissolving, but I have had dreams about lakes and pools and things... And The dream doctor said that water is ALWAYS a symbol for EMOTIONS. And there's never a metaphor for what you're feeling in a dream, so if you were scared... That's it, you were scared, there's no hidden alternate meaning behind you being scared, you just were... well, you'd have to find out WHY you were scared and what you might be scared about in real life. Or since you said you couldn't do anything about the fish dieing, maybe you feel/felt helpless in some situation in your real life.
That's what I liked about the show too, he had you tell him about what was going on in your real life and explained the similarities and what you could do to improve your dream experiences.
He's also educated in helping people find sleep, helping with insomnia... So apart from helping people with their dreams, he also helped people with sleep troubles.
But yeah, if you have a dream I'd go to that site before any lame-ass Gypsy, cheap fortune teller dream book (All those books are like that in my case)... I wonder if the dream doctor has any books published...
Hope that helps though!

Haha I LOVE the Dream Doctor. I actually use his dream meaning books.
Back to top Go down
rainy-j
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
rainy-j

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 6:22 pm

Hopefully it's the one I'm talking about... Charles Mcfee and such.
Back to top Go down

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 6:24 pm

Yeah, I used to listen to his radio show all the time. I know who you're talking about. I was really sad when I found out that he got sick.
Back to top Go down
rainy-j
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
rainy-j

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 6:30 pm

It was like the best show EVER for me. Because I'm so interested in what the heck my dreams mean. AAAAAH
At least there's still the site. Even though the show is way better because he makes it so personal and more... reassuring. Best thing about it is that you didn't get charged for it.
Back to top Go down

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 6:31 pm

Yeah, I think I wrote to him on his site one time awhile ago. It's a really good site, he was really awesome.
Back to top Go down
rainy-j
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
rainy-j

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 6:36 pm

I've had dreams where I was just walking down the sidewalk and a big wave of water crushed me into a fence... I called in about that dream. That's when I learned about water in dreams being linked to emotions.

I also have dreams where I can't find my shoes to go outside... And then finally when I do find my shoes, the door is locked and I can't open it.

And I've been having this reoccurring dream where I'm in this giant two story mall... And the more interesting things are always on the second floor, but I always have a hard time getting to the escalators... Or get distracted or misled into some weird Exit tunnel. And then there are always these dreams I have about hotels... Which it's usually always dark, and really creepy. Sometimes in the hotel dreams, I can't get back to my room, and there's always way too many elevators and it's really confusing... And I can never find the right one, and they never take me to the right floor, or the doors don't open all the way.

What other dreams have you had?
Back to top Go down
Ana
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ana

Female Number of posts : 4576
Cool Points : 8927

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 6:40 pm

I once battled a witch in a dream. I woke up scratched and beat up. I keep my nails short now...
Back to top Go down
hyperballad
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
hyperballad

Female Number of posts : 3318
Cool Points : 7483
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 6:42 pm

Thunder only happens when it's raining
Players only love you when they're playing
They say, women, they will come and they will go
When the rain washes you clean, you'll know
You'll know

wait...this thread isn't about the Fleetwood Mac song? fuck!
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
rainy-j
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
rainy-j

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 6:51 pm

tangerine wrote:
I once battled a witch in a dream. I woke up scratched and beat up. I keep my nails short now...

Dreams where you beat the living shit out of something are intense, fosho!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dreams
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Against Me! Forum :: Other :: Spam-
Jump to: