Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BBC Radio Broadcast

Go down 
+7
BettyOakes
billy pilgrim
Patron
arollo
AM!ShitSTroll
ClockworkRobot
lex
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

Female Number of posts : 2008
Cool Points : 5997
Registration date : 2008-03-01

BBC Radio Broadcast - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BBC Radio Broadcast   BBC Radio Broadcast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 1:32 pm

AM!ShitSTroll wrote:
....its awesome that he followed through on listening to them and then making a judgement...cause they do suck.

What is with this strange attitude these days that it's somehow wrong to judge anything? I've heard that sentiment expressed a great deal, and it's extremely offensive to me. Of course Tom Gabel works in the music industry, so I'm sure he's not publicly allowed to say anything because it might cost him or someone else money, but it's still the same sort of mentality.

When did this idea first start to gain acceptance?

Why shouldn't people judge something? Things suck. It's not like bad artists and entertainers should get blue ribbons for just showing up and trying. Bullshit. Music is easy. And if it sucks, then it sucks. It's okay to judge something. I am so tired of people acting like forming value judgements based on a thing is somehow horrible. It's almost like that "they make more money than you do" attitude. And it sucks.
Back to top Go down
AM!ShitSTroll
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
AM!ShitSTroll

Male Number of posts : 516
Cool Points : 5924
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: BBC Radio Broadcast   BBC Radio Broadcast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 4:19 pm

agreed...but at least he took the time to listen to their music...

he said they sucked...toook it back cuase he hadnt really listened to their music...so he listened...and then said they still sucked...i mean god bless him for actually following through cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sporadicballard
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7587
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: BBC Radio Broadcast   BBC Radio Broadcast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 5:31 pm

Well his was basing his argument that they sucked on hearing them a few times. I've heard bands a few times and not liked them and gone back and listened to a full CD and been like wow ..they don't suck. It's just wrong to judge something under the wrong circumstances is what I think.
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

PostSubject: Re: BBC Radio Broadcast   BBC Radio Broadcast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 3:33 am

lex wrote:
Well his was basing his argument that they sucked on hearing them a few times. I've heard bands a few times and not liked them and gone back and listened to a full CD and been like wow ..they don't suck. It's just wrong to judge something under the wrong circumstances is what I think.

Actually, I've had that with a couple of bands.

I never listened to Elliott Smith for a while because everyone who told me about him were such assholes. So I just associated Elliott Smith with being an asshole. But it turns out that it's really great music, and the fact that most of his fans are soulless hipsters is just a coincidence.

Same deal with The Weakerthans. My brother was really into them, but my brother has no taste in music (he's really into Protest The Hero, for God's sake). I guess that even people who traditionally listen to bad music will have a couple of good bands in their collection.
Back to top Go down
spraypainthero
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
spraypainthero

Male Number of posts : 823
Cool Points : 5982
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: BBC Radio Broadcast   BBC Radio Broadcast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 6:23 pm

thanks for recording, i was going to do it , but you saved me Smile
Back to top Go down
kropotkin
Untouchable
Untouchable
kropotkin

Male Number of posts : 357
Cool Points : 5874
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: BBC Radio Broadcast   BBC Radio Broadcast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:44 am

You're awesome Lex - thanks for the post.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pedesx
Joseph
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Number of posts : 9
Cool Points : 5871
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: BBC Radio Broadcast   BBC Radio Broadcast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 1:07 am

Hey, gang, there's also a FLAC version of the BBC set currently being passed around on torrent sites. Dig it:

http://www.mininova.org/tor/1276719

Just thought some of you might be interested in a potential upgrade...
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

PostSubject: Re: BBC Radio Broadcast   BBC Radio Broadcast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 1:14 am

Hells yeah I'm interested. Thanks for the heads up, Joseph.
Back to top Go down
Joseph
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

PostSubject: Re: BBC Radio Broadcast   BBC Radio Broadcast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 3:26 am

arollo wrote:
Hells yeah I'm interested. Thanks for the heads up, Joseph.

No problem! I haven't listened to it yet, but since it's FLAC, I'm guessing the taper must live in London and grabbed it right off the air. Even if it doesn't sound better than the MP3s already posted here, it's cut up into tracks, so that's cool, right?
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

PostSubject: Re: BBC Radio Broadcast   BBC Radio Broadcast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 4:16 am

I converted the FLAC to MP3 and gave it a listen. It sounds like the other MP3 already posted. Maybe I converted it wrong, though.

Still, love to Lex for posting it, and love to Joseph for posting the FLAC version chopped up.
Back to top Go down
Joseph
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

PostSubject: Re: BBC Radio Broadcast   BBC Radio Broadcast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 1:02 pm

Converting it to MP3 was your first mistake! I think converting it to WAV would've yielded better results, honestly.

Turns out the FLAC version was recorded from Sirius Radio -- I'm guessing the other MP3 was taken from Real Audio? Dunno.
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7587
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: BBC Radio Broadcast   BBC Radio Broadcast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 3:51 pm

Most people don't like the size of WAV files, mp3 was just easier. I took the mp3 directly from the radio source, I have a program on my computer.
Back to top Go down
mikeILL
Borne on the FM Waves
Borne on the FM Waves
mikeILL

Male Number of posts : 75
Cool Points : 5875
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: BBC Radio Broadcast   BBC Radio Broadcast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 12:48 pm

i must say i wsa at the the festival and they were realy bad that day... his voice doesnt cut it live and they only have one guitar player so it does sound good..........but they had the bigest wall od death i have seen..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BBC Radio Broadcast   BBC Radio Broadcast - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BBC Radio Broadcast
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2