Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

am! on the radio

Go down 
+6
meghan
drumma
countervail
Ross
againstmax
james
10 posters
AuthorMessage
james
Untouchable
Untouchable
james

Male Number of posts : 252
Cool Points : 6111
Registration date : 2008-03-03

am! on the radio Empty
PostSubject: am! on the radio   am! on the radio Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 1:44 pm

ok so i live in a small town where the is no good music on the radio stations hereand i called into the college radio station and asked them to play some am! and they played cliche and disco Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
againstmax
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
againstmax

Male Number of posts : 1164
Cool Points : 5943
Registration date : 2008-04-27

am! on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: am! on the radio   am! on the radio Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 1:57 pm

At the college station where I live I have a weekly show. I played disco and forgot that it said fucking and someone called and complained Sad
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7880
Registration date : 2008-03-17

am! on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: am! on the radio   am! on the radio Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 2:11 pm

againstmax wrote:
At the college station where I live I have a weekly show. I played disco and forgot that it said fucking and someone called and complained Sad

bt ur xsttaightxedgexcorex n u dnt giv a fuk!!!!!!111
Back to top Go down
countervail
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
countervail

Number of posts : 39
Cool Points : 5902
Registration date : 2008-04-11

am! on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: am! on the radio   am! on the radio Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 4:30 pm

That's the best thing I've heard all day. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
james
Untouchable
Untouchable
james

am! on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: am! on the radio   am! on the radio Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 8:23 pm

james wrote:
ok so i live in a small town where the is no good music on the radio stations hereand i called into the college radio station and asked them to play some am! and they played cliche and disco Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

i got them to play dont lose touch too! im making them play more and more am!
Back to top Go down
drumma
Punk rock mum!
Punk rock mum!
drumma

Female Number of posts : 1000
Cool Points : 5810
Registration date : 2008-07-02

am! on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: am! on the radio   am! on the radio Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 8:29 pm

james wrote:
james wrote:

Hurray for James! The more they play, the more fans will hear them on the radio and start coming to shows.

By the way, I posted you a birthday greeting, but you didn't come online that day... did you eventually see it?

http://www.againstmeforum.com/general-chat-f6/official-happy-birthday-thread-t767-150.htm
Back to top Go down
againstmax
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
againstmax

am! on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: am! on the radio   am! on the radio Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 8:49 pm

Ross wrote:
againstmax wrote:

Exactly. I told him off so fast.
Back to top Go down

am! on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: am! on the radio   am! on the radio Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:31 pm

I don't really listen to the radio, it's pretty awful in my city. I'd be stoked to hear AM! on the radio though.
Back to top Go down
drumma
Punk rock mum!
Punk rock mum!
drumma

am! on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: am! on the radio   am! on the radio Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:41 pm

lauren wrote:
I don't really listen to the radio, it's pretty awful in my city. I'd be stoked to hear AM! on the radio though.

We used to have a really cool local DJ that recognized my caller ID whenever I made AM! song requests, and would give a "shout out to Warren's mom" when he played their songs - but that station now gets their programming line-up pre-canned from Tampa, and the "personality" is a recorded voice from Atlanta. It's just no fun anymore that I can't call and talk to the real guys selecting and playing the music... it's all run by robot now.
Back to top Go down
againstmax
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
againstmax

am! on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: am! on the radio   am! on the radio Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 10:19 pm

drumma wrote:
lauren wrote:

We used to have a really cool local DJ that recognized my caller ID whenever I made AM! song requests, and would give a "shout out to Warren's mom" when he played their songs - but that station now gets their programming line-up pre-canned from Tampa, and the "personality" is a recorded voice from Atlanta. It's just no fun anymore that I can't call and talk to the real guys selecting and playing the music... it's all run by robot now.

Thats really sad. Here most of the radio stations are the same way. Except for the college radio station. Which is the best. Not just because I am a DJ there... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
meghan
Borne on the FM Waves
Borne on the FM Waves
meghan

Female Number of posts : 81
Cool Points : 5710
Registration date : 2008-10-05

am! on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: am! on the radio   am! on the radio Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 10:23 pm

drumma wrote:
lauren wrote:

That's so cool that they did that when you called. After I moved down here I gave up pretty quickly on trying to find a decent radio station (I came from the baltimore area with TONS of great stations from the balt/dc area and was discouraged here, lol). What do you reccomend from the tampa area?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=502883052
james
Untouchable
Untouchable
james

am! on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: am! on the radio   am! on the radio Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 10:44 pm

drumma wrote:
james wrote:
james wrote:

Hurray for James! The more they play, the more fans will hear them on the radio and start coming to shows.

By the way, I posted you a birthday greeting, but you didn't come online that day... did you eventually see it?

http://www.againstmeforum.com/general-chat-f6/official-happy-birthday-thread-t767-150.htm

haha i just now saw and thanks warrens mom!! i enjoyed it very much cheers
Back to top Go down
Forftypercent
From Her Lips to God's Ears
From Her Lips to God's Ears

Male Number of posts : 235
Cool Points : 5964
Registration date : 2008-07-25

am! on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: am! on the radio   am! on the radio Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 5:51 pm

Rock radio in New York is kind of in shambles at this point in time. K-Rock is all-Guns N'Roses/Van Halen/Foo Fighters/Pearl Jam/Sublime all the time. Rarely does something new break through.

I have high hopes for WXRP, which hired all-around good music dude Matt Pinfield for it's morning show. They've become the place to hear Beck and Kings of Leon and Nada Surf and Government Mule, mixed in with Springsteen, U2, etc.

They haven't quite fit Against Me! into their playlist yet. Punk doesn't seem to have a spot in their rotation, as even generic stuff like Green Day, The Offspring, Blink, etc. seem to get ignored.
Back to top Go down
Armageddon
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Armageddon

Female Number of posts : 856
Cool Points : 6051
Registration date : 2008-04-10

am! on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: am! on the radio   am! on the radio Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 5:59 pm

i remember the first time i heard thrash unreal on the radio i didnt know what to do
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7880
Registration date : 2008-03-17

am! on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: am! on the radio   am! on the radio Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 6:15 pm

againstmax wrote:
Ross wrote:
againstmax wrote:

Exactly. I told him off so fast.

Word, brah.
Back to top Go down
JAPSoccer13
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JAPSoccer13

Female Number of posts : 2125
Cool Points : 5990
Registration date : 2008-01-20

am! on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: am! on the radio   am! on the radio Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 6:18 pm

ive never heard a Against Me! song on the radio, but Tom and Warren did do a little ad for the shitty alt rock station Detroit has.
Back to top Go down
http://jordanparrish.tumblr.com
applesinmono
Borne on the FM Waves
Borne on the FM Waves
applesinmono

Female Number of posts : 88
Cool Points : 5685
Registration date : 2008-10-26

am! on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: am! on the radio   am! on the radio Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 6:33 pm

i hear thrash unreal sometimes on the local hard rock station, but nothing else.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/flippedoutbride
james
Untouchable
Untouchable
james

am! on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: am! on the radio   am! on the radio Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 7:38 pm

JAPSoccer13 wrote:
ive never heard a Against Me! song on the radio, but Tom and Warren did do a little ad for the shitty alt rock station Detroit has.

same here until i was told that they played am! be fore so i called in and got cliche, disco, and dont lose touch on the airwaves
Back to top Go down
drumma
Punk rock mum!
Punk rock mum!
drumma

am! on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: am! on the radio   am! on the radio Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 8:34 pm

The Sunday night DJ on the local station will play cliche and white people every so often, and they used to play Thrash when it was first released... before they went to the canned programming and started to suck.

I don't really know a good station in the Tampa / Sarasota area any longer -i think 97x plays AM! the most, and that's where the boys do interviews and studio performances when in town.
Back to top Go down
james
Untouchable
Untouchable
james

am! on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: am! on the radio   am! on the radio Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 9:39 pm

yeah i noticed in some of the videos there is a 97x logo in them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

am! on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: am! on the radio   am! on the radio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

am! on the radio
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Against Me! Forum :: Against Me! :: The Band-
Jump to: