Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

12:03 (first audio inside)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

Male Number of posts : 3490
Cool Points : 9213
Registration date : 2009-11-12

12:03 (first audio inside) Empty
PostSubject: 12:03 (first audio inside)   12:03 (first audio inside) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 2:04 pm

Started playing again. Let's hope it gets on the album Very Happy

https://www.mediafire.com/?446u68y6cw2iodj
Back to top Go down
Various Artists
Untouchable
Untouchable
Various Artists

Male Number of posts : 265
Cool Points : 4976
Registration date : 2011-08-01

PostSubject: Re: 12:03 (first audio inside)   12:03 (first audio inside) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 6:20 pm

This is the first possible track then?
Back to top Go down
cooljayhu
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
cooljayhu

Male Number of posts : 1492
Cool Points : 7086
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: 12:03 (first audio inside)   12:03 (first audio inside) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 1:31 am

AM! will always hold a special place in my heart but I think I might be over them as a releaser of new music. Similar to the way I feel about Gaslight. I just don't connect with their new material whatsoever. That song sounds almost identical to like 5 other songs on TGDB. Their new stuff is just tempered and bland. This might be a dickish thing to say but it seems that Laura's transition has kinda neutered her fire and passion musically. I would have to imagine living that kind of life pre-transition was both incredibly frustrating but also a catalyst for creating some unbelievable art. It's not a coincidence that most of the greatest artists are often one we would call "tortured".
Back to top Go down
Jersey89
Untouchable
Untouchable
Jersey89

Female Number of posts : 319
Cool Points : 4855
Registration date : 2011-12-31

PostSubject: Re: 12:03 (first audio inside)   12:03 (first audio inside) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 3:53 am

I don't think the music sounds the same or even similar other songs or that Laura's passion has gone. Maybe it's just that people change and their life and taste in music changes with that. TGDB has been out like a year and half(?) and I still listen to it almost everyday. Same with the Gaslight record. I didn't like Handwritten too much but "get hurt" is amazing. To me what was helpful to get more into AM!s new material was hearing it live. Songs like TGDB- I skipped on the record- but loved ever since I saw the band perform it. It's sad to "leave" bands you used to love. But that's just how it is, to me AM! are still as energetic and angry as they used to be Cool
Back to top Go down
Various Artists
Untouchable
Untouchable
Various Artists

Male Number of posts : 265
Cool Points : 4976
Registration date : 2011-08-01

PostSubject: Re: 12:03 (first audio inside)   12:03 (first audio inside) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 5:41 pm

cooljayhu wrote:
I would have to imagine living that kind of life pre-transition was both incredibly frustrating but also a catalyst for creating some unbelievable art. It's not a coincidence that most of the greatest artists are often one we would call "tortured".

Didn't she talk about having a suicidal nervous breakdown amidst the break up of her marriage?

I know what you mean, though, and, I don't think this recording looks forward to anything great. But then again, the album might be totally different
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

Male Number of posts : 3490
Cool Points : 9213
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: 12:03 (first audio inside)   12:03 (first audio inside) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 9:39 am

The opening lyric is "12:03pm on Sunday morning" and that upsets me haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12:03 (first audio inside)   12:03 (first audio inside) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

12:03 (first audio inside)
Page 1 of 1