Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside)

Go down 
+13
StoolPigeon
Daggar Slade
ska_sean
pintsogin
Mike
ashley
MikeXpop
Jackattack
abstract illusion
JAPSoccer13
Mark Narra
scarlett
nickno
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nickno
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
nickno

Male Number of posts : 1232
Cool Points : 6931
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside) Empty
PostSubject: Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside)   Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 5:13 pm

here yous go!
please enjoy and download!!
setlist is different then as stated in a previous topic. features all tom's great songs he's played solo the past few months.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UV4AC97G

enojy it please!
cheers
Back to top Go down
scarlett
narra's iGirl
scarlett

Female Number of posts : 833
Cool Points : 5805
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside)   Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 5:15 pm

bounce thankssssssss
Back to top Go down
Mark Narra
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Mark Narra

Male Number of posts : 2332
Cool Points : 6613
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside)   Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 5:17 pm

yeay-uh!
Back to top Go down
http://teachyourselfitsbeautiful.com/
JAPSoccer13
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JAPSoccer13

Female Number of posts : 2125
Cool Points : 5990
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside)   Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 5:20 pm

sweet thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://jordanparrish.tumblr.com
abstract illusion
Untouchable
Untouchable
abstract illusion

Male Number of posts : 495
Cool Points : 5861
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside)   Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 5:52 pm

thanks <3
Back to top Go down
Jackattack
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Jackattack

Female Number of posts : 520
Cool Points : 6081
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside)   Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 5:59 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
MikeXpop
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
MikeXpop

Number of posts : 39
Cool Points : 5650
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside)   Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:04 pm

Thanks man!

So were all these ripped from youtube, or did you have another source?
Back to top Go down
nickno
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
nickno

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside)   Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:14 pm

all from youtube, thank armegeddon she's responsible for almost all the videos i ripped from!
Back to top Go down
MikeXpop
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
MikeXpop

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside)   Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:24 pm

nickyno wrote:
all from youtube, thank armegeddon she's responsible for almost all the videos i ripped from!

Well thanks to you both. It'll be nice to have a live Armageddon on my iPod.

Man, the setlists from this tour were incredible, weren't they?
Back to top Go down
nickno
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
nickno

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside)   Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:33 pm

most certainly!

on a side note
i put two versoins of we did it all for don on it, i couldn't decide which made the best closing song...ones great audio but not that great of crowd participation, the other is the opposite.

and i was confused, theres a version of 8 full hours of sleep i have from all the ones i ripped off of youtube and tom clearly says "and the suns always falling in the sky somewhere" isntead of rising.
Back to top Go down
MikeXpop
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
MikeXpop

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside)   Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:55 pm

nickyno wrote:

and i was confused, theres a version of 8 full hours of sleep i have from all the ones i ripped off of youtube and tom clearly says "and the suns always falling in the sky somewhere" isntead of rising.

Well both statements are equally true. Dylan had a couple songs that he would continue to tweak for years after he recorded them. I get the feeling from recent songs Tom's been listening to Dylan a lot lately, so maybe he's starting to pick up on that trait.

It's probably more likely he was just feeling pessimistic that day. Or he just flubbed the lyric (it had been like 6 years since he played it live, right?)
Back to top Go down
nickno
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
nickno

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside)   Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 7:49 pm

perhaps..i think he has said falling in more then one boot of 8 full hours that i have.
Back to top Go down
ashley
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ashley

Female Number of posts : 2267
Cool Points : 7785
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside)   Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 7:53 pm

sweet thanks!
Back to top Go down
Mike
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Male Number of posts : 3153
Cool Points : 7540
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside)   Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 8:16 pm

I'm an idiot. What do I need to open .rar files?
Back to top Go down
nickno
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
nickno

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside)   Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 8:22 pm

winRAR...its a free program, just google it. its very useful
Back to top Go down
MikeXpop
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
MikeXpop

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside)   Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:38 pm

Anyone else notice that Tom's playing the S/T 12" version of Walking is Still Honest? Here and on the S/T, he's taking the minor sixth (ie, the guitar part during the verses) before the lyrics kick in, whereas ever since Crime the first eight measures have been played on the same chord. I just checked a few other youtube videos and he did this way all through the solo tour. Maybe he's been listening to some of his old stuff recently.

EDIT: Just listened again and it's not exactly the same. On the S/T, he plays four bars before singing, and the chord progression is I I vi vi. On the solo tour, he plays eight bars before singing - the same as the S/T except twice. On Crime/RAR/etc, the opening is four bars: I I I I. The opening progression on the S/T and solo tour is the same chord progression as during the verses on all versions.

If what I'm saying isn't quite clear, I made an MP3 that includes all the different openings. The first is from the solo tour, the 2nd is from the self-titled, the 3rd is from Crime, 4th is from RAR, and the 5th is some live version.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yyeyigmnd2m

Last edited by MikeXpop on Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

Male Number of posts : 3158
Cool Points : 8124
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside)   Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:47 pm

i noticed that when he played Walking with Kevin it was the Crime speed but by himself the songs around 4min long.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Pollard/209701715
nickno
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
nickno

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside)   Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:59 pm

i forgot to mention i included some desktop backgrounds if anyone is interested!
Back to top Go down
MikeXpop
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
MikeXpop

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside)   Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 12:36 am

pintsogin wrote:
i noticed that when he played Walking with Kevin it was the Crime speed but by himself the songs around 4min long.
I went and measured the average BPM for different versions of Walking, along with their lengths:

Self-Titled EP - 190 BPM - 3:12
Crime EP - 200 BPM - 3:06
RAR - 250 BPM - 2:31
NYC w/ Kevin - 200 BPM - 3:06
Live Across - 160 BPM - 4:00

Haha, you were exactly right on both counts! I found that Tom wavers a little bit when he doesn't have a drummer, but Warren and Kevin are pretty steady. I also measured a few random live takes on youtube, and they ranged from 250 to 280 BPM - didn't bother getting the lengths.

And before someone says "The Crime version is 3:13, not 3:06", I counted only what was in every version. That means I cut out the drumstick countoff in Crime, the three notes at the end on RAR, and the first four bars from the solo shows.

Last edited by MikeXpop on Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ska_sean
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
ska_sean

Male Number of posts : 1792
Cool Points : 6757
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside)   Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 12:52 am

dude honestly this is really good... i love the desktops im using it as mine mine... and its done so professionally with the credits and cd insert stuff.... made me laugh but its really fucking good

EDIT: also if you dont mind im stealing Another New Song background pic and making it my Facebook picture.... im gay like that i know... =0)
Back to top Go down
Mike
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside)   Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 2:38 am

Thanks for the backgrounds. I'm gonna use the "new song" one. I swear every time I hear him sing "we are still young" a tear drops from my eye.
Back to top Go down
Daggar Slade
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Daggar Slade

Male Number of posts : 2827
Cool Points : 7800
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside)   Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 3:05 am

Mike wrote:
Thanks for the backgrounds. I'm gonna use the "new song" one. I swear every time I hear him sing "we are still young" a tear drops from my eye.

It's my desktop, too. Haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/daggar_slade
Mike
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside)   Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 3:18 am

listening to the Baby.. right now. "We're all in the band, we're all going on tour. Seriously, I love everybody." Beyond amazing.
Back to top Go down
nickno
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
nickno

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside)   Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 11:53 pm

i've listened to bout 4 versions of 8 full hours of sleep from 2008 and the first chorus is "the suns always rising..." and the 2nd near the end is "the suns always falling..." i dont think its like that on RAR.

im glad everyone is enjoying it though
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

Male Number of posts : 6265
Cool Points : 10197
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside)   Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 6:52 am

Downloading, now.

It's going to take over an hour. It's jumping from 1 hour to close to 2 hours. :S

Polepole.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside)   Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tom Gabel LIVE completion album!!! (link inside)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next