Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1st time you heard AM!

Go down 
+45
ska_sean
sinksink
e6c
solidbob
JoshRaymond
againstmax
brizanne__
JakobDoetman
EMC
thepoliticsofstarving
Norb
Armageddon
ashley
Kyle
bmc5703
Stalls_Standing
I Hate Winnipeg
cole_burns
gypsypanther
Rookie
bobthefish
atom
Ross
RaRow90
ClockworkRobot
JAPSoccer13
spraypainthero
impact
Minty
arollo
AdamLikesMusic
james
aws
Patron
henotbusybeingborn
iloveyourmom
big A little a
Jordan
Pepe
Sam Jones!
nickno
billy pilgrim
BettyOakes
lex
pintsogin
49 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

Male Number of posts : 3158
Cool Points : 8124
Registration date : 2008-02-01

1st time you heard AM! Empty
PostSubject: 1st time you heard AM!   1st time you heard AM! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:37 pm

I was at my freinds house and he was like

"wanna watch this music DVD. Its a band called Against Me!."

I almost turned it down. glad i didn't. It was pretty amazing and been in love with the band ever since. The next day I went out and bought Disco and the Acoustic EP.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Pollard/209701715
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7597
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: 1st time you heard AM!   1st time you heard AM! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 6:53 pm

The first time I heard them was when I saw them in 2004. My experience wasn't great, but then I decided to go see them again because maybe I was just having a bad day. Thankfully I did, and realized how amazing they were.
Back to top Go down
BettyOakes
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
BettyOakes

Female Number of posts : 823
Cool Points : 5961
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: 1st time you heard AM!   1st time you heard AM! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 7:41 pm

this past summer july ish.
they came to The End's Beachhouse on Alki.
i thought "hey i could go for a new bandd"
they were supposed to do a little acoustic set and there wasn't ANYONE there which is preposterous now.
and we listened to thrash unreal and they lip snyched so funny.
and then i went home and listened to every possible smidge of them i could find.

i love those guys.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/oneislonelywhenucantcount
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: 1st time you heard AM!   1st time you heard AM! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 8:03 pm

no one was there? are you sure it wasn't july-ish 1999-ish lol
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
billy pilgrim

Female Number of posts : 1845
Cool Points : 6094

PostSubject: Re: 1st time you heard AM!   1st time you heard AM! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 8:42 pm

Around the time the first Rock Against Bush comp came out, I bought it and so I heard "Sink Florida Sink." And then probably a couple months after that there was a folk punk band playing this show I was at and they went "Hey who wants to hear some Against Me?!" The whole crowd went nuts, and I was just like, "...yeah, sure, i'm down with that. they play that one song."
Back to top Go down
nickno
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
nickno

Male Number of posts : 1232
Cool Points : 6931
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: 1st time you heard AM!   1st time you heard AM! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 9:11 pm

it was a mistake..i was searching limewiere for axl rose. and found reinventing axl rose. it was a crappy rip off of the acoustic ep...i thought it sucked but i was into it, seached the album got baby im an anarchist...and bout a year ago i was was at tower records and got searching for a former clarity, then a few months later new wave... i gotta say its been a positive music experience lol
Back to top Go down
BettyOakes
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
BettyOakes

PostSubject: Re: 1st time you heard AM!   1st time you heard AM! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 10:48 pm

haha yeah it was RIGHT before their album came out.
it just doesn't make any sense now.
andrew and james were singing muse and it was amazing.
Back to top Go down
Sam Jones!
Untouchable
Untouchable
Sam Jones!

Female Number of posts : 375
Cool Points : 5967

PostSubject: Re: 1st time you heard AM!   1st time you heard AM! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 12:55 am

haha i wanted to go to that but i didnt know where it was and i had to work. i WISH i could of gone. even more now that i know no one was there. ughhh

but ive been a fan for a long assssss time. my friend from FL told me about them and i loved them and went out and bought axl rose then eternal cowboy when it came out. around that time was the first time i saw them they played at hells kitchen which was prob one of the best shows ive ever been to. i can remember it still and my ears rang for three days. i saw them a few more times after that. but then there was a period of time where when they came back and i couldnt see them i was freaking out because it had been along time and for the riverboat/fake probs tour came around they played at hells kitchen again. it made my lifetime.
Back to top Go down
BettyOakes
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
BettyOakes

PostSubject: Re: 1st time you heard AM!   1st time you heard AM! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 1:23 am

something tells me they won't be there this summer but there's a good chance of some heavy hitters.
WINONA RYDER was there with rilo kiley.
haha.
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7597

PostSubject: Re: 1st time you heard AM!   1st time you heard AM! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 3:25 am

I still can't get over the fact that they placed less than 5 miles from my house and I DIDNT GO. Sad
Back to top Go down
Pepe
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Pepe

Female Number of posts : 803
Cool Points : 6223
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: 1st time you heard AM!   1st time you heard AM! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 8:34 am

I used to talk to this guy on the internet all the time, he was a huge fan so he sent me a couple songs (mostly the stolen SFAFC demos) and I was pretty much hooked. I heard them on Rock Against Bush about the same time, and bought As The Eternal Cowboy not long after. I remember listening to them when it was the summer where I was 15, so it's coming up for 4 years I guess. I can't remember exactly when it spiralled out of control and turned into an obsession though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peperawkls
Jordan
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
Jordan

Male Number of posts : 20
Cool Points : 5957
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: 1st time you heard AM!   1st time you heard AM! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 10:01 am

I'm not sure about the exact first time, but I think it was 2002, maybe 2003. It seems like in the period between RAR and ATEC every comp or mixtape I came across had an AM! song on it.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/thejesusofuppersandusky
big A little a
From Her Lips to God's Ears
big A little a

Male Number of posts : 220
Cool Points : 5999
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: 1st time you heard AM!   1st time you heard AM! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 10:31 am

first time i heard AM was back around 2004 i think when they toured with anti-flag and rise against, didnt like them .. then i herd sink florida sink on the rock against bush cd and was like Hey this is pretty good
Back to top Go down
iloveyourmom
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
iloveyourmom

Male Number of posts : 827
Cool Points : 6340
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: 1st time you heard AM!   1st time you heard AM! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 3:32 pm

Late 2003.. Right when As The Eternal Cowboy came out on FAT.. I remember hearing a Cliche Guevara MP3 on a computer at school while fucking around, not doing school work.. I remember thinking, "Wow this is F***ing GREAT!!" Then I remember I sent in a money order to fat mail order and got that CD and a Lagwagon shirt.. It took so fucking long to get to me.. I had completely forgotten about it and then I ended up getting it in the mail mid-December and I was like, "Yes! My Lagwagon shirt! And a CD? Huh... Oh yeah, Against Me!" Then I was hooked..
Back to top Go down
Sam Jones!
Untouchable
Untouchable
Sam Jones!

PostSubject: Re: 1st time you heard AM!   1st time you heard AM! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 2:22 am

ha thats funny
Back to top Go down
henotbusybeingborn

Number of posts : 116
Cool Points : 5951
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: 1st time you heard AM!   1st time you heard AM! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 1:50 pm

First song I ever heard was "Cliche Guevara" in like 03, right around the time ATEC was coming out. It was free mp3 off of FatWreck.com. Summer of '04, I heard Sink, Florida, Sink on Rock Against Bush. For some reason, I never delved any further than these two songs until that Fall, when me and a few friends started a band, and they wanted to cover "Baby, I'm An Anarchist", which I had never heard. They played it for me, and I learned it on guitar, along with (eventually) every song they've ever written.
Back to top Go down
Patron
Untouchable
Untouchable
Patron

Male Number of posts : 366
Cool Points : 5929
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: 1st time you heard AM!   1st time you heard AM! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 2:30 pm

henotbusybeingborn wrote:
First song I ever heard was "Cliche Guevara" in like 03, right around the time ATEC was coming out. It was free mp3 off of FatWreck.com. Summer of '04, I heard Sink, Florida, Sink on Rock Against Bush. For some reason, I never delved any further than these two songs until that Fall, when me and a few friends started a band, and they wanted to cover "Baby, I'm An Anarchist", which I had never heard. They played it for me, and I learned it on guitar, along with (eventually) every song they've ever written.

That's actually quite similar to mine.

In 2003 my guitar player wanted to cover Baby, but I had never heard of Against Me! before, so he showed me that and a couple of other songs that I wasn't terribly into. Then a couple years later a different friend of mine was playing some of the SFAFC songs when I was around and it sounded great, so I went back and picked up all their stuff and now I'm hooked.
Back to top Go down
aws
Borne on the FM Waves
Borne on the FM Waves

Male Number of posts : 89
Cool Points : 5921
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: 1st time you heard AM!   1st time you heard AM! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 9:09 pm

I got into them when ATEC came out i had heard them on a few o idea samplers before that but
for some reason didn't think they were anything special, man was i wrong
Back to top Go down
james
Untouchable
Untouchable
james

Male Number of posts : 252
Cool Points : 6111
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: 1st time you heard AM!   1st time you heard AM! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 10:38 pm

the first time that i heard against me! was from my cousin he was like hey download this song and see what you think and that song just happened to be problems and i fell in love with them every since Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: 1st time you heard AM!   1st time you heard AM! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 10:41 pm

actually looking back the 1st time i heard them was their don't loose touch video. it was comcast on demand and i wasn't impressed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st time you heard AM!   1st time you heard AM! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 10:45 pm

pintsogin wrote:
actually looking back the 1st time i heard them was their don't loose touch video. it was comcast on demand and i wasn't impressed.

Same here. I remember kind of liking the song, but thinking the video was boring.
Back to top Go down
AdamLikesMusic
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!

Male Number of posts : 530
Cool Points : 6072

PostSubject: Re: 1st time you heard AM!   1st time you heard AM! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 10:52 pm

First time I ever heard them was on the "Experiments In Audio Rocketry" compilation, which IIRC was 2003.
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

Female Number of posts : 2008
Cool Points : 6007
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: 1st time you heard AM!   1st time you heard AM! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 9:48 am

A friend of mine put on a tape with "Crime" and the acoustic EP together while we were driving around. It was late 2001. I was completely blown away, I asked what the name of the band was, he said "some local band, Against Me or something". Been a fan ever since.
Back to top Go down
Minty
Untouchable
Untouchable
Minty

Male Number of posts : 391
Cool Points : 5930

PostSubject: Re: 1st time you heard AM!   1st time you heard AM! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 11:50 am

I was downloading music from the FAT site when I was back at school, and I saw a banner for As The Eternal Cowboy, which was due out in a few weeks. I downloaded Cliche Guevara and it went from there.

ATEC is still one of my favourite albums ever.
Back to top Go down
Sam Jones!
Untouchable
Untouchable
Sam Jones!

PostSubject: Re: 1st time you heard AM!   1st time you heard AM! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 12:43 am

me to i almost like it more than axl rose but it goes back and forth
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st time you heard AM!   1st time you heard AM! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st time you heard AM!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next