Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gaming

Go down 
+18
JustinAtWill
pintsogin
hlflp360
ska_sean
Johnny99
Raccoon
Chops4569
JoshRaymond
one of my lies
raptorsaurus
StoolPigeon
Ross
Tim
Toadvine
blake
hectorinho
Aaron
LeMoine
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Toadvine
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Toadvine

Male Number of posts : 1167
Cool Points : 6913
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Gaming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming   Gaming - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 11:26 pm

Any one else play New Vegas? That game has been my soul obsession since I got it. Actually having withdrawals from not being able to play it today (House/dog sitting = no ps3 and only my MacBook Pro to keep me company)

Also, Shadow of the Colossus is the soul reason I still have a PS2 hooked up to my TV. It has perpetual residency in the disk drive there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/graham.taylor.90
Raccoon
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Raccoon

Male Number of posts : 1538
Cool Points : 6675
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Gaming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming   Gaming - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 1:03 pm

New Vegas is unreal. I have been scavenging for weapons like crazy and selling off whatever is worth a decent amount of caps. Tip: Go to the Black Mountain where the super mutants all chill. Super Sledges, Heavy Incinerators, and Mini Guns are eeeeverywhere. Make multiple trips, stash it all somewhere in the world (find a shack or something that's abandoned, somewhere that's got a bed and a crate for you to stash all your excess equipment).

You can either keep all the multiples of each weapon, and just switch them off when your current one ends up in terrible condition, or sell off everything for an insane amount of caps and buy the best weapons you can afford from the Gun Runners, Mick and Ralph's Secret Inventory, etc...

Also, if anyone is looking for a sick melee weapon/quick amount of caps from selling an item, accept the mission where you investigate the Nightkin mutations.
Back to top Go down
blake
Untouchable
Untouchable
blake

Male Number of posts : 490
Cool Points : 5685
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Gaming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming   Gaming - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 1:58 pm

I deleted my last post because I gave away an ending.

So who did everyone side with in New Vegas?
Back to top Go down
Raccoon
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Raccoon

Male Number of posts : 1538
Cool Points : 6675
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Gaming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming   Gaming - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 2:29 pm

I'm working with Yes Man right now. I'm at a lovely point in the game where I am fully neutral between the Legion and the NCR, although they both gave me an ultimatum, that if I continue working with Yes Man, both will be considered my enemies. So I'm taking advantage of my neutral state and exploring the entire wasteland, free to go wherever, and I don't have to worry about either side hating me. I'm hesitant to advance the story because I could severely fuck up any relations with either side or miss out on some missions.

Back to top Go down
blake
Untouchable
Untouchable
blake

Gaming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming   Gaming - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 6:58 pm

I think I might start another character, I went a similar route but both sides hated me (more so legion) and i think i missed out on a lot of quests.
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

Male Number of posts : 6265
Cool Points : 10189
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Gaming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming   Gaming - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 9:44 pm

I want to play Fallout 3 before I play New Vegas. And I'm working on Bioshock/Undead Nightmare, currently.
Back to top Go down
Toadvine
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Toadvine

Gaming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming   Gaming - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 2:09 am

I'm sided more with NCR than Legion right now. I tend to make a separate save file for every time I'm about to do something against a faction, then just go back and reload after I finish my game and try and start over with another plan in mind. Thats how I did Fallout 3 sorta, ended up with 3 characters and over 200hrs of game play. Currently I'm stashing everything I find at my place on the strip.

Any one with me on starting a Fallout 3/NV thread? I think its one of those games that deserves quite a bit of discussion.
Back to top Go down
blake
Untouchable
Untouchable
blake

Gaming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming   Gaming - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 7:34 am

I'm down, especially with the dlc coming out in the next month or so.
Back to top Go down
raptorsaurus
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
raptorsaurus

Male Number of posts : 3197
Cool Points : 8693
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Gaming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming   Gaming - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 5:24 pm

So on friday, I had a 10 question math assignment due (like every friday), but this one seemed really easy, much easier than the rest. I had 4 questions left to do, and I started them at 2 in the afternoon. I didn't finish til 11:45. what a fucking way to spend my friday night.

Who's dumb ass idea was it to have us submit written work by computer. It takes so long to type that shit up.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7872
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Gaming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming   Gaming - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 10:26 am

Anyone play Guild Wars? Me and my girlfriend plus a few mates just got back into it in anticipation of GW2 next year.

Add me, "King Rizla"

Cool
Back to top Go down
hlflp360
Untouchable
Untouchable
hlflp360

Male Number of posts : 464
Cool Points : 5865
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Gaming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming   Gaming - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 2:43 pm

cod black ops comes out tuesday, about to go preorder the hardened edition to play the previous zombie maps!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
hlflp360
Untouchable
Untouchable
hlflp360

Male Number of posts : 464
Cool Points : 5865
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Gaming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming   Gaming - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 8:41 pm

so to my surprise i couldn't preorder the hardened edition anywhere, i should of known better to do this
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
Toadvine
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Toadvine

Gaming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming   Gaming - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 3:22 am

Yeah, I was actually going to say that, but wasn't sure if they'd be out of it where you were going. They cut off things like that, but if its anything like say... the SC2 special edition, or several others I've seen, if you wait a bit, some will turn up at the GameStops and other stores that might sell the game (Hell, I saw a SC2 special edition at the Apple Store the other day). Sometimes they release a few more out to each store to pre-order right before the game releases, but if they're out now, you won't be able to get one until quite some time after the games been out. Sorry =/
Back to top Go down
raptorsaurus
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
raptorsaurus

Gaming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming   Gaming - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:20 am

I plan on getting a new computer, probably a laptop. I want to start playing a few games. What type of computer should I get? Anyone have any good/bad experiences with brands/models?
Back to top Go down
Kam
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Kam

Female Number of posts : 513
Cool Points : 5857
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Gaming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming   Gaming - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 9:49 pm

You'll want an expensive one with a good processor speed and good graphics/video card. My friend got a pretty expensive one and still he had to screw with the graphics to get a lot of games to play without being unplayable. My other firends just build their own or kind of Frankenstein them.

Actually, you might get by with just a moderate priced one and install what you need seperately.

My friend does pretty good on this 1100$ hp, but like I said he usually has to dull down the graphics a bit.
Back to top Go down
raptorsaurus
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
raptorsaurus

Gaming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming   Gaming - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 11:04 pm

Yeah, I'm trying to spend under 1000, so I'm not sure how good of one I can get for that price. I might be able to get a discount because I know a few people who work at best buy. And reviews online are terrible, only people who either love it way to much, or hate it way to much review. It's impossible to find "good" reviews.
Back to top Go down
Kam
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Kam

Gaming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming   Gaming - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 11:54 pm

Get a desktop, you won't be able to bring it around with you but you'll be able to get better for a better price. And just keep in mind that you need a really good graphics card and a good processor. RAM's important, but you can buy extra for cheap and it's pretty easy to install, you pretty much just slide it in and you're good to go. My friends was a labtop, but I'll ask around, I am surrounded by geeks who know this stuff but I never paid much attention to what they're actually using.

The only reason I've gathered as much of this information are arguments about mac vs pc (you can't win this argument with a gamer because games aren't really made for macs Sad )
Back to top Go down
raptorsaurus
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
raptorsaurus

Gaming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming   Gaming - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 12:00 am

A desktop would be the best, but I am looking for something I can also bring to school. Maybe I'll get a desktop later, but for now, I'm looking for a good well built laptop.

I really think the mac vs pc argument is silly. People who argue for pc's don't even let you justify why you have a mac. It can get annoying. That's also true with macs, some mac users are really snobby.

I don't think I'll be playing anything too intense, probably the most intense would be star craft 2, but I can just use low settings or something.
Back to top Go down
Kam
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Kam

Gaming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming   Gaming - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 12:11 am

well, to be fair it started out as a console vs computer argument Laughing and every time someone plugged a mac in a fuse blew in his apartment.

I'll have an answer tomorrowish, they'll let me know what you can get by on. You might have to sacrifice on the size of the screen but if you get the little outlet thing so you can plug it into your tv it might now bother you too much

I'd stay away from anything made by Acer though, my sisters each got netbooks that the bios crashed on
Back to top Go down
raptorsaurus
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
raptorsaurus

Gaming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming   Gaming - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 12:16 am

haha, alright, I'll stay away from acer!
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7872
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Gaming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming   Gaming - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:09 am

Laptops + gaming = difficult for a tight budget, but a grand is a good amount to spend and I'd expect you can find something formidable. The problem with gaming laptops is that they tend to be:

1) MASSIVE AND HEAVY
2) very power hungry (i.e. need to be plugged in if actually playing games or battery life drops to ~2hrs or less)

But, so long as you're not expecting to run Crysis, you should be fine on that budget with the average modern game. If you find anything and want a 3rd opinion I'd be happy to have a look and offer some advice either way.

Kam is right though: processor and graphics card are the most important aspects here. Also, you'll want 2GB RAM minimum for gaming on Windows 7, but that's upgradeable if you find a particularly amazing deal that happens to have bugger all RAM (unlikely since it's so cheap).

For gaming, nothing beats a desktop when it comes to value (consoles aside, although that's arguable).
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

Male Number of posts : 6265
Cool Points : 10189
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Gaming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming   Gaming - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 6:41 pm

The thing is, you generally need a desk or table for gaming, anyways, unless you're just playing a RTS, so all the mobility a laptop afforded you for the likes of internet really doesn't do much in the way of gaming, anyways.
Back to top Go down
raptorsaurus
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
raptorsaurus

Gaming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming   Gaming - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:41 am

It's going to be my school laptop as well, so I can compromise on some of the gaming power, since it's priority would be behind the school work.
Back to top Go down
Kam
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Kam

Gaming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming   Gaming - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:55 am

Hey rap, sorry for the delay.

So talked to my friend, he's using an HP which ended up costing him 999 about 6 months back.

He showed me the HP dvTse with
640GB 5400RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
1GB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 5650 switchable graphics [HDMI, VGA] - For Dual Core Processors
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-460M Dual Core Processor (2.53 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.8GHz
He said that set up should let you play Left4dead 2 at full specs and probably Call of Duty: Blackops as well.

The total price without any other add ons that you might want for school or protection was about 899

He wanted to update the graphics card, but needed to update the processor as well and that pushed the cost above your limit.
Back to top Go down
raptorsaurus
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
raptorsaurus

Gaming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming   Gaming - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 1:05 am

No problem!

I've been looking at HP, they seem to have a better track record then Dell. Right now, I've narrowed the brands down to Sony/HP. maybe Asus, and maybe, Dell.

I feel like such a consumer! I just sold an old laptop, and have some extra cash burning a hole in my pocket!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gaming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming   Gaming - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaming
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Against Me! Forum :: Other :: General Chat-
Jump to: