Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How 'bout that oil

Go down 
+14
Johnny99
Interference09
StoolPigeon
Pants
Ross
hyperballad
Aaron
Daggar Slade
skalastics
raptorsaurus
JustinAtWill
ashley
Bomolozo
ThusSpokeYourFace
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
skalastics
Untouchable
Untouchable
skalastics

Male Number of posts : 318
Cool Points : 5399
Registration date : 2010-05-19

How 'bout that oil - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How 'bout that oil   How 'bout that oil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 2:48 pm

sooooooo... lets burn it down and technically they do work for us they might be cheating on us with major corporations but as the people we have what politicians want the power to keep them in office all it takes is a little ground work and you can have a direct effect in our national system it being mostly made up of state and local representation the executive branch of government while currently has the most power it has ever held is still at the mercy of those representives we elect from our own states so how can you say that you have no power, yes the money comes from corporations but the vote comes from you if you have a problem with a congressman or senator you actually do have the ability to hit the streets write a letter fucking DO something about it rather than brood and theorize over where it all went wrong cuz that just makes you bitter, and doesn't the world have enough of that already
p.s. police officers also under our employ
Back to top Go down
hyperballad
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
hyperballad

Female Number of posts : 3318
Cool Points : 7484
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: How 'bout that oil   How 'bout that oil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 4:19 pm

ashley wrote:
i guess it's only okay when Democrats contradict themselves...
No, it's not, but in this particular instance, it seems like many anti-regulation conservatives are blaming Obama for not regulating enough, even though they typically are against it themselves.

Can I just say how much I love the fact that the solution that finally is appearing to work is a cap. I guess after golf balls and trash, putting a cap on there seemed so farfetched that it was lower on the list.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
ashley
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ashley

Female Number of posts : 2267
Cool Points : 7777
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: How 'bout that oil   How 'bout that oil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 6:41 pm

they should just blow it up
Back to top Go down
hlflp360
Untouchable
Untouchable
hlflp360

Male Number of posts : 464
Cool Points : 5865
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: How 'bout that oil   How 'bout that oil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 1:30 am

ashley wrote:
they should just blow it up

my friend actually told me tonight that that was one of the options they were considering to stop the leak
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7872
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: How 'bout that oil   How 'bout that oil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 9:27 am

skalastics wrote:
sooooooo... lets burn it down and technically they do work for us they might be cheating on us with major corporations but as the people we have what politicians want the power to keep them in office all it takes is a little ground work and you can have a direct effect in our national system it being mostly made up of state and local representation the executive branch of government while currently has the most power it has ever held is still at the mercy of those representives we elect from our own states so how can you say that you have no power, yes the money comes from corporations but the vote comes from you if you have a problem with a congressman or senator you actually do have the ability to hit the streets write a letter fucking DO something about it rather than brood and theorize over where it all went wrong cuz that just makes you bitter, and doesn't the world have enough of that already

Not trying to have a go at you but can you use some punctuation once in a while? I like what you're saying but it's a bastard to read, lol.
Back to top Go down
skalastics
Untouchable
Untouchable
skalastics

PostSubject: Re: How 'bout that oil   How 'bout that oil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 3:28 pm

sorry dude i use the english language to wipe my ass
Back to top Go down
Kam
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Kam

Female Number of posts : 513
Cool Points : 5857
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: How 'bout that oil   How 'bout that oil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 4:16 pm

skalastics wrote:
sorry dude i use the english language to wipe my ass

And it does so gracefully.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7872
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: How 'bout that oil   How 'bout that oil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 12:18 pm

Haha love it
Back to top Go down
ThusSpokeYourFace
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ThusSpokeYourFace

Female Number of posts : 2322
Cool Points : 7994
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: How 'bout that oil   How 'bout that oil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 4:41 pm

skalastics wrote:

Yes, I'm quite aware of the fact that our tax revenues pay for the police and for my representation in Congress. That doesn't mean they have my best interest in mind. Furthermore, I do vote, and have been politically active for much longer than I've been old enough to vote. I write letters to my congressmen pretty regularly, I make phonecalls occasionally, but that doesn't change the fact that things aren't going all that well in this country. I'm not an anarchist, I'm not advocating "burning it down." I'm all for reform, peaceful protest, and I will continue to vote but lets be honest. The frame of debate in this country has shifted pretty far right in the past twenty to thirty years and I feel like I have a choice between bad or worse most of the time. Its just a fact that the prohibitive cost of running for office limits the possibility of a truly fair election. While we may elect our representatives and they publicly cater to us, the overwhelming influence of interests groups on our congressmen and our president (particularly wealthy interest groups), and the lack of political knowledge and civic participation in popular American culture doesn't bode well for our electoral system. I respect political participation and am all for it, if it influences reform, but I don't harbor the illusion that Nancy Pelosi or Mitch McConnell or Ron Paul (my local representative) gives a fuck about what I want from my government.

Last edited by ThusSpokeYourFace on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hyperballad
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
hyperballad

Female Number of posts : 3318
Cool Points : 7484
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: How 'bout that oil   How 'bout that oil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 7:18 pm

Ron Paul is your local representative? Wow, I feel really sorry for you.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
ThusSpokeYourFace
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ThusSpokeYourFace

PostSubject: Re: How 'bout that oil   How 'bout that oil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 7:42 pm

Yes and he's run unopposed the last two elections...

This year he isn't, but its a fairly conservative area so we'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Raccoon
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Raccoon

Male Number of posts : 1538
Cool Points : 6675
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: How 'bout that oil   How 'bout that oil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:07 am

I should have bought those fucking shares...
Back to top Go down
skalastics
Untouchable
Untouchable
skalastics

PostSubject: Re: How 'bout that oil   How 'bout that oil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 5:16 am

ThusSpokeYourFace wrote:
skalastics wrote:

Yes, I'm quite aware of the fact that our tax revenues pay for the police and for my representation in Congress. That doesn't mean they have my best interest in mind. Furthermore, I do vote, and have been politically active for much longer than I've been old enough to vote. I write letters to my congressmen pretty regularly, I make phonecalls occasionally, but that doesn't change the fact that things aren't going all that well in this country. I'm not an anarchist, I'm not advocating "burning it down." I'm all for reform, peaceful protest, and I will continue to vote but lets be honest. The frame of debate in this country has shifted pretty far right in the past twenty to thirty years and I feel like I have a choice between bad or worse most of the time. Its just a fact that the prohibitive cost of running for office limits the possibility of a truly fair election. While we may elect our representatives and they publicly cater to us, the overwhelming influence of interests groups on our congressmen and our president (particularly wealthy interest groups), and the lack of political knowledge and civic participation in popular American culture doesn't bode well for our electoral system. I respect political participation and am all for it, if it influences reform, but I don't harbor the illusion that Nancy Pelosi or Mitch McConnell or Ron Paul (my local representative) gives a fuck about what I want from my government.

nah dude, burning it down is way more effective. but we wont have to, its foundations tremble as we type our opines vigorously

by the way its crazy how many people in oklahoma love ron paul, he somehow won over our overwhelmingly stinky and lame hippie population....
Back to top Go down
ThusSpokeYourFace
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ThusSpokeYourFace

PostSubject: Re: How 'bout that oil   How 'bout that oil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:14 am

Wow, you're just like a high school government teacher. You give me all that 'we can make a difference crap' then I argue against it and you don't really have anything to say back.

But Ron Paul is pretty popular with young healthy middle class people who smoke pot because he wants to legalize it and they don't have any other significant political concerns.
Back to top Go down
skalastics
Untouchable
Untouchable
skalastics

PostSubject: Re: How 'bout that oil   How 'bout that oil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 1:23 pm

ThusSpokeYourFace wrote:
Wow, you're just like a high school government teacher. You give me all that 'we can make a difference crap' then I argue against it and you don't really have anything to say back.

But Ron Paul is pretty popular with young healthy middle class people who smoke pot because he wants to legalize it and they don't have any other significant political concerns.
i am your highschool govt teacher oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo no seriously you have very valid points that i don't disagree with oklahoma city is a small place so i know many of reps personally im a bartender so i get to talk to them and express my ideas and opinions directly to them while they drink and give me my tax dollars back. so its just been my experience that you talk they listen. but im sure its not like that everywhere else
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How 'bout that oil   How 'bout that oil - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How 'bout that oil
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Against Me! Forum :: Other :: Discussions-
Jump to: