Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Haiti

Go down 
+17
hectorinho
Ross
ih8thecharts
laurendelore
Kyle
Kam
SirIan
Daggar Slade
Fornikatieng
Knate
StoolPigeon
hastekilledcreativity
hyperballad
SolemnPsycho
Johnny99
Tim
ThusSpokeYourFace
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Johnny99
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Johnny99

Male Number of posts : 2868
Cool Points : 7811
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Haiti - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haiti   Haiti - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 1:55 pm

i once met wyclef jean really late at night at a gas station off the palisades parkway.
i saw a ferrari outside with a WYCLEF license plate and figured it had to be him.
i went inside and he was in there paying.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

Male Number of posts : 4431
Cool Points : 10177
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Haiti - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haiti   Haiti - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 1:57 pm

Since family members of his are already in politics, I assume he knows what's going on.

And yes, certain politics shouldn't be connected to businesses, but that is how your country got to be how it is today. Also, if he can get some companies to start investing in Haiti he can maybe make sure there are jobs for everyone and get their economy to grow. He is one of the most famous Haitians in the world, so people will certainly listen to what he has to say.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Timsalabimbo
Knate
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Knate

Male Number of posts : 1902
Cool Points : 7518
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Haiti - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haiti   Haiti - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 2:00 pm

Fuck Wyclef. He can seem to even get his own finances on order. How.could he do that for a devastated country? He also walks his way around the answer to every question.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

Male Number of posts : 4431
Cool Points : 10177
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Haiti - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haiti   Haiti - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 2:28 pm

Knate wrote:
Fuck Wyclef. He can seem to even get his own finances on order. How.could he do that for a devastated country? He also walks his way around the answer to every question.

Sounds like a true politician to me!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Timsalabimbo
ThusSpokeYourFace
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ThusSpokeYourFace

Female Number of posts : 2322
Cool Points : 7994
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Haiti - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haiti   Haiti - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 2:30 pm

Tim wrote:
Since family members of his are already in politics, I assume he knows what's going on.

And yes, certain politics shouldn't be connected to businesses, but that is how your country got to be how it is today. Also, if he can get some companies to start investing in Haiti he can maybe make sure there are jobs for everyone and get their economy to grow. He is one of the most famous Haitians in the world, so people will certainly listen to what he has to say.

Yeah, and we deal with some not so positive consequences of that. A lot of the time the interests of big multinational businesses take precedence over the interests of people here. That's not to say that business interests in an economy don't have a positive effect. You're right about getting companies to invest in Haiti, for sure. But that kind of thing can only improve quality of life up to a point before you have to have an effective government to make it work.

Knate wrote:

I don't know if they're true or not but I've definitely heard accusations of 'improprieties' in the management of yele haiti...that charity he was the head of. He's addressed the accusations kind of but everything I've read he's said he was very upset by the accusations but not directly denied or affirmed them.

Anyway I don't know much about the people running against him, so I can't say that he's better or worse than anyone else in the running.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Haiti - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haiti   Haiti - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haiti
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Against Me! Forum :: Other :: Discussions-
Jump to: