Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Opening for Bad religion tour

Go down 
+29
dtsbassist
SinsPastSainthood
Aaron
hockeyrocks5757
ashley
xHedraHelix
emmsmem
black_me_out111
unibowler
StoolPigeon
WakingUpInNightTerror
DougG_ATL
big_lemon44
stevenc26
canadianguy
Califan0
Captainsauer
Raccoon
Johnny99
JessBowles
ThusSpokeYourFace
UntilTheyFall
hectorinho
pintsogin
cooljayhu
bleedingheart
hmsdude24
Sinngh
Miles
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
unibowler
From Her Lips to God's Ears
unibowler

Male Number of posts : 178
Cool Points : 5970
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Opening for Bad religion tour - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening for Bad religion tour   Opening for Bad religion tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 12:08 am

I'll be at the San Antonio show if anyone wants to get a beer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/unibowler
black_me_out111
black_me_out111

Male Number of posts : 106
Cool Points : 4510
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Opening for Bad religion tour   Opening for Bad religion tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 11:11 pm

Totally stoked. I'm goin to the chicago show!
Back to top Go down
emmsmem
Untouchable
Untouchable
emmsmem

Female Number of posts : 457
Cool Points : 6001
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Opening for Bad religion tour   Opening for Bad religion tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 4:16 pm

Laura just tweeted that they're pulling out.
Back to top Go down
emmsmem
Untouchable
Untouchable
emmsmem

PostSubject: Re: Opening for Bad religion tour   Opening for Bad religion tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 4:17 pm

@LauraJaneGrace: Unfortunately we have to cancel our upcoming tour dates with Bad Religion and Polar Bear Club. Full statement here... http://t.co/YMp965TAIO
Back to top Go down
emmsmem
Untouchable
Untouchable
emmsmem

PostSubject: Re: Opening for Bad religion tour   Opening for Bad religion tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 4:18 pm

BAD RELIGION TOUR CANCELLATION

Unfortunately we have to cancel all of our appearances scheduled for the upcoming tour with Bad Religion and Polar Bear Club.
Canceling a tour is definitely not a decision we would make lightly. At this moment, due to our current uncertainty over who is going to be playing drums with us, we feel like we are lacking the ability to put on the show our fans deserve and we think that the best thing for us to do right now is take some time to regroup and finish a record.
Our most sincere apologies to Bad Religion, Polar Club and all of the agents and promoters involved with the tour but most importantly to the fans who were coming out to see us.
If anyone who bought tickets doesn’t want to go to the show now or walks away from the show feeling disappointed we’ll definitely do our best to accommodate some spots on our guest list next time we pass through your town, which hopefully won’t be too long from now.
Back to top Go down
Califan0
Califan0

Male Number of posts : 172
Cool Points : 5752
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Opening for Bad religion tour   Opening for Bad religion tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 4:21 pm

Oh god dammit, just saw this on twitter. Well good thing I didnt buy tix in advacne for all three shows by me (PA NY NJ) only NY terminal 5.

Well.... who wants 2 tix to Terminal 5 for $70
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/califano
xHedraHelix
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
xHedraHelix

Female Number of posts : 32
Cool Points : 4421
Registration date : 2012-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Opening for Bad religion tour   Opening for Bad religion tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 5:26 pm

FUCK. I have 3 tickets for Boston....
Back to top Go down
ashley
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ashley

Female Number of posts : 2267
Cool Points : 7782
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Opening for Bad religion tour   Opening for Bad religion tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 5:58 pm

sucks for people who already bought tickets but heck yeah new album!
Back to top Go down
hockeyrocks5757
Borne on the FM Waves
Borne on the FM Waves
hockeyrocks5757

Male Number of posts : 86
Cool Points : 4807
Registration date : 2011-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Opening for Bad religion tour   Opening for Bad religion tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 6:27 pm

So is Atom Willard not in the band anymore?
Back to top Go down
xHedraHelix
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
xHedraHelix

Female Number of posts : 32
Cool Points : 4421
Registration date : 2012-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Opening for Bad religion tour   Opening for Bad religion tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 6:34 pm

No he was just helping out in Australia. It was a temporary thing.
Back to top Go down
bleedingheart
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Number of posts : 30
Cool Points : 4337
Registration date : 2012-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Opening for Bad religion tour   Opening for Bad religion tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 6:46 pm

Sad

I'm really bummed about this. Brooks has served as a fill-in drummer more than once before, they should've gotten him to do it.
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

Male Number of posts : 3490
Cool Points : 9221
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Opening for Bad religion tour   Opening for Bad religion tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:03 pm

Call me selfish, but this is the best news from the band in a long time. I know the record should be less important than the tour, but the record is what I like most and this means it'll be done sooner (read: done FINALLY)
Back to top Go down
bleedingheart
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

PostSubject: Re: Opening for Bad religion tour   Opening for Bad religion tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 9:24 pm

Also I was just reading the drummer for Polar Bear Club's twitter page, and back when Jay left he was totally one of the people who offered to play drums for AM! on short notice. So he could've done it too. I mean I have no idea how good of a drummer he is, but I'm just saying I think they could have tried harder to find a replacement when they had a commitment. There are clearly tons of people who would jump at the chance to play with them.
Back to top Go down
ashley
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ashley

Female Number of posts : 2267
Cool Points : 7782
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Opening for Bad religion tour   Opening for Bad religion tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 9:27 pm

that's true but Laura also said something like she was tired of temporary and she wanted a permanent drummer who could finish an album
Back to top Go down
SinsPastSainthood
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
SinsPastSainthood

Male Number of posts : 9
Cool Points : 4178
Registration date : 2012-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Opening for Bad religion tour   Opening for Bad religion tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 10:42 pm

bleedingheart wrote:
Also I was just reading the drummer for Polar Bear Club's twitter page, and back when Jay left he was totally one of the people who offered to play drums for AM! on short notice. So he could've done it too. I mean I have no idea how good of a drummer he is, but I'm just saying I think they could have tried harder to find a replacement when they had a commitment. There are clearly tons of people who would jump at the chance to play with them.

The key is putting on "a show the fans deserve". sure you could use PBC's drummer, but it would be a lackluster performance with a tired drummer every night. And even if they found the perfect drummer tomorrow.... the tour starts in less than a week, you can't just jump in with a new drummer, you have to find your groove with him, get used to the way he plays. Drummers are not band members who can come and go willy nilly, its the heartbeat of the band, and I think its respectable they dont want to compromise on the caliber of performance their fans have come to know. Sellouts my ass. Having said all this, Im super fucking bummed.
Back to top Go down
bleedingheart
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

PostSubject: Re: Opening for Bad religion tour   Opening for Bad religion tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 11:17 pm

SinsPastSainthood wrote:
The key is putting on "a show the fans deserve". sure you could use PBC's drummer, but it would be a lackluster performance with a tired drummer every night. And even if they found the perfect drummer tomorrow.... the tour starts in less than a week, you can't just jump in with a new drummer, you have to find your groove with him, get used to the way he plays. Drummers are not band members who can come and go willy nilly, its the heartbeat of the band, and I think its respectable they dont want to compromise on the caliber of performance their fans have come to know. Sellouts my ass. Having said all this, Im super fucking bummed.

Yes, but they've really had a lot longer than a week. The tour was announced a month and a half ago. Why would you agree to doing a tour if one of your members has other commitments and you don't have a replacement for them?

...Also I didn't call them "sellouts", I hate that stupid insult and I wouldn't say that. But someone dropped the ball here and I don't think the explanation offered fully explains it.
Back to top Go down
Raccoon
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Raccoon

Male Number of posts : 1538
Cool Points : 6680
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Opening for Bad religion tour   Opening for Bad religion tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 12:24 am

I personally think that if you consider the following:

- They've been talking about this album for a while and promoting the songs in live shows for a very long time now
- They've been recording this in chunks and it's been very disjointed at best when it has come to getting work done on it
- Allowing themselves to be interrupted by consistent touring while the album sits on the shelf
- How badly it looks that they've been booking tours, promoting the songs on the album, and at the same advertising the fact they're "recording an album" when they haven't done much yet
- The drummer situation

And combine them all together, it makes perfect sense why they cancelled this tour. When I first heard this tour, I was a little surprised. The fans want the album. Laura's transgender news sparked a huge interest in the band. Now is the time to get an album out and pull in new fans, piggy backing on what's left of the media frenzy.

I know we don't like to talk about marketing and labels and making new fans when it comes to our beloved Against Me!, but if they're going to try and do this album themselves, they need as much popularity and support as possible.

Pairing headlining live shows with a finished album that they can promote and that people can physically buy and take home with them is far better than trying to tackle gender issues via Twitter and through tours where they play as an opening band.

I'm glad they cancelled. I feel bad for those that spent the money, but trust me, this can only mean bigger and better things for the future of this band.
Back to top Go down
dtsbassist
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Number of posts : 44
Cool Points : 4402
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Opening for Bad religion tour   Opening for Bad religion tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 4:23 pm

I'm in this shit for the long haul. Whatever will make the record sound the best and give them the longest career possible I am 100% okay with. I'm sure this past year has been nuts for the band, so what good would another tour with a different drummer do? What's one opening slot on a tour in the big scheme of things? I don't like going to shows where they don't get an encore anyway! Their encores rule.
Back to top Go down
SinsPastSainthood
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
SinsPastSainthood

Male Number of posts : 9
Cool Points : 4178
Registration date : 2012-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Opening for Bad religion tour   Opening for Bad religion tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 6:39 pm

...Also I didn't call them "sellouts", I hate that stupid insult and I wouldn't say that. But someone dropped the ball here and I don't think the explanation offered fully explains it.[/quote]

Wasnt referring to you, just to the criticism of the decision in general
Back to top Go down
bleedingheart
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

PostSubject: Re: Opening for Bad religion tour   Opening for Bad religion tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 6:54 pm

Raccoon wrote:
Pairing headlining live shows with a finished album that they can promote and that people can physically buy and take home with them is far better than trying to tackle gender issues via Twitter and through tours where they play as an opening band.

True enough. I just think it was very poor judgement to announce the tour in the first place if they weren't going to follow through. I guess there was a reason I thought a BR/AM! tour sounded too good to be true.

But hey, I will be as stoked as anyone else if this means they actually finish the record soon. How long have they been working on it now, over a year?
Back to top Go down
dtsbassist
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Number of posts : 44
Cool Points : 4402
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Opening for Bad religion tour   Opening for Bad religion tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 7:05 pm

I mean you just don't say no to Bad Religion. I can't imagine how bummed they are.
Back to top Go down
anthonygcorbo
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Number of posts : 1
Cool Points : 4091
Registration date : 2013-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Opening for Bad religion tour   Opening for Bad religion tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 3:02 pm

I know it's gotta be killing Laura, Andrew and James. I know how upset they feel for letting down their fans, I'm sure today is hell day from phone calls, tweets, emails etc from fans and "business people". I'm disappointed but hopefully it helps to create more beautiful music, faster. Catch em next time they're in New York or Chicago then
Back to top Go down
nickwire
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Male Number of posts : 7
Cool Points : 4252
Registration date : 2012-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Opening for Bad religion tour   Opening for Bad religion tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 5:28 pm

im a fan, still will be, but this is showing a lack of professionalism(?) if you have a drummer situation, thats fine, but dont book a tour then. figure things out 1st and go from there. unless they thought atom was sticking for a bit this is bad form. some of us have to save up for and move schedules around to be able to go to concerts and to cancel is weak, sorry, just my opinion.
i dig bad religion, but wouldn have been going just for them. now im stuck with a ticket for a show i doubt i can get refunded because the shows still happining. just really dissapointed
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

Male Number of posts : 3158
Cool Points : 8121
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Opening for Bad religion tour   Opening for Bad religion tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 7:47 pm

I think everyone will survive. first time they've fucked up ever, we can forgive
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Pollard/209701715
cooljayhu
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
cooljayhu

Male Number of posts : 1492
Cool Points : 7094
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Opening for Bad religion tour   Opening for Bad religion tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:29 pm

nickwire wrote:
im a fan, still will be, but this is showing a lack of professionalism(?) if you have a drummer situation, thats fine, but dont book a tour then. figure things out 1st and go from there. unless they thought atom was sticking for a bit this is bad form. some of us have to save up for and move schedules around to be able to go to concerts and to cancel is weak, sorry, just my opinion.
i dig bad religion, but wouldn have been going just for them. now im stuck with a ticket for a show i doubt i can get refunded because the shows still happining. just really dissapointed

I am certain this tour was at least planned if not announced when Jay was still drumming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opening for Bad religion tour   Opening for Bad religion tour - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opening for Bad religion tour
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next