Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Cult Supporting Tour?

Go down 
+30
blake
CultinMD
Breakout
Mechamunky
CoreyGregory
xHedraHelix
Knate
JessBowles
pintsogin
DavyGrolton
xxstv0711xx
pookieray
LinoLiam
mitchard
nickno
Miles
Kyle
xparanoiasecuredx
Pants
lex
Mr Stocks
Aaron
cooljayhu
raptorsaurus
Tim
oldgospelchoir
Johnny99
hlflp360
Califan0
Forftypercent
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
xHedraHelix
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
xHedraHelix

Female Number of posts : 32
Cool Points : 4421
Registration date : 2012-05-12

The Cult Supporting Tour? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cult Supporting Tour?   The Cult Supporting Tour? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 2:14 am

So since I live about halfway between Boston and NYC I went to both shows. I couldn't help myself. Plus my friend missed the Boston show so I HAD TO take her lol. Plus after Laura's tweet about the surprise... Maybe I'm fangirling a little hard right now. As of today I am officially broke.

NYC Set list in this order for the most part

True Trans Soul Rebel
Transgender Dysphoria Blues
Don't Lose Touch
Turn Those Clapping Hands
Black Me Out
Teenage Anarchist
White Crosses
Dead Friends
New Wave
Ocean
Androgynous WITH JOAN FUCKING JETT
Pints
Sink

Back to top Go down
Miles
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Male Number of posts : 49
Cool Points : 5119
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: The Cult Supporting Tour?   The Cult Supporting Tour? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 3:12 am

Your set list almost gradually shrunk.
Back to top Go down
Mechamunky
Untouchable
Untouchable
Mechamunky

Male Number of posts : 427
Cool Points : 5991
Registration date : 2009-04-08

PostSubject: Re: The Cult Supporting Tour?   The Cult Supporting Tour? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 2:06 am

I'm really wanting to try and get an interview with her (maybe full band, that would be awesome!)

They are playing a headlining show at this small venue Thursday in NC, does anyone know how I can try to reach them to get that to happen?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/upthepunx_47
Breakout
Untouchable
Untouchable
Breakout

Number of posts : 446
Cool Points : 5323
Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: The Cult Supporting Tour?   The Cult Supporting Tour? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 5:00 am

Try twitter, for example Laura's account: http://twitter.com/LauraJaneGrace
Back to top Go down
http://epikureanlifestyle.tumblr.com/
Knate
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Knate

Male Number of posts : 1902
Cool Points : 7523
Registration date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: The Cult Supporting Tour?   The Cult Supporting Tour? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 10:16 am

Fuck. If they decide to do a secret show in FL, and I already bought the expensive Cult ticket...I'm going to be a really pissed off happy person.
Back to top Go down
hlflp360
Untouchable
Untouchable
hlflp360

Male Number of posts : 464
Cool Points : 5870
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: The Cult Supporting Tour?   The Cult Supporting Tour? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 10:24 pm

Just got back from the show in norfolk. Here's the setlist, not in order but somewhat close.

true trans soul rebel
dysphoria blues
don't lose touch
turn those clapping hands
black me out
the ocean
bamboo bones
white crosses
teenage anarchist
pints
sink, florida sink
thrash unreal
dead friend
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
JessBowles
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
JessBowles

Female Number of posts : 1031
Cool Points : 6287
Registration date : 2010-02-23

PostSubject: Re: The Cult Supporting Tour?   The Cult Supporting Tour? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 11:38 pm

Be Saturday already!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SingYouALullaby
CultinMD
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Number of posts : 1
Cool Points : 4360
Registration date : 2012-06-14

PostSubject: Re: The Cult Supporting Tour?   The Cult Supporting Tour? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 4:42 pm

Hello Against Me! faithful. I'm a long-time fan of The Cult and just wanted to drop in and give my respect to Against Me! and their loyal following. I saw them twice this week in support of The Cult in Philly and Maryland and was so impressed that I wanted to come here and share it with you. The quality of the songs and the passion of the band and their fans really shows and is making an impression on an awful lot of people who haven't heard them before, including me. I'm connected with a lot of Cult fans all over the place, and I can tell you that the response has been overwhelmingly positive. This is an excellent band and I look forward to delving into their catalog and following their progress.

I have read the beginning of this thread and see that a lot of you don't see any connection between The Cult and Against Me!, but I assure you it's there. 25 years ago, I was a huge Billy Idol fan and went to one of his concerts expecting to suffer through a lame opener so I could enjoy the main attraction. But there was this band I had barely heard of that was on stage, playing one great song after another, and giving everything they had with a passion that I had never seen before. Despite some insults from the Idol-heavy crowd, there was a pocket of fans in front of the stage that just refused to sit down, refused to back down, and proudly let their flags fly for their band. That was the day I became a Cult fan, and I saw the same thing when Against Me! took the stage this week. Ian Astbury and Billy Duffy grew up around the punk rock movement in England in the 70s, and can recognize an authentic band because they saw the real thing. They have also refused to be pigeonholed into any one particular style (listen to Spiritwalker, followed by Lil' Devil, followed by Rise, and your head will spin) and challenge their fans by not standing still.

Great songs delivered with no passion are useless, and passion without great songs is pointless, but Against Me! delivers on both counts. I'm so glad The Cult invited them to join this tour. I hope you are, too. Much respect to you all.

p.s. Any band that can pull off a ballad with the chorus "I wanna piss on the walls of your house" gets an A+ in my book.
Back to top Go down
blake
Untouchable
Untouchable
blake

Male Number of posts : 490
Cool Points : 5690
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: The Cult Supporting Tour?   The Cult Supporting Tour? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 5:07 pm

that kicks a lot of ass man
Back to top Go down
Knate
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Knate

PostSubject: Re: The Cult Supporting Tour?   The Cult Supporting Tour? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 7:59 pm

Well this is nice.

The Cult Supporting Tour? - Page 3 527772_3934590519972_1257660109_n
Back to top Go down
Mechamunky
Untouchable
Untouchable
Mechamunky

Male Number of posts : 427
Cool Points : 5991
Registration date : 2009-04-08

PostSubject: Re: The Cult Supporting Tour?   The Cult Supporting Tour? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 2:42 am

I freakin hated the Icarus Line.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/upthepunx_47
Breakout
Untouchable
Untouchable
Breakout

PostSubject: Re: The Cult Supporting Tour?   The Cult Supporting Tour? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 2:44 am

There are some high quality recordings of several songs performed in Philly supporting The Cult: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd4vXkCsBAQ
Back to top Go down
xHedraHelix
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
xHedraHelix

Female Number of posts : 32
Cool Points : 4421
Registration date : 2012-05-12

PostSubject: Re: The Cult Supporting Tour?   The Cult Supporting Tour? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 6:54 pm

Mechamunky wrote:
I freakin hated the Icarus Line.

That pretty much sums it up. I have nothing nice to say about that lead singer. What an ASSHOLE. It was just something you had to suffer through. It's like he wanted to fight the audience.... I would have rather waited for AM! in silence.
Back to top Go down
DougG_ATL
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Male Number of posts : 36
Cool Points : 4551
Registration date : 2012-01-10

PostSubject: Re: The Cult Supporting Tour?   The Cult Supporting Tour? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 7:57 pm

I wish Icarus Line was out for Atlanta, too. I've heard nothing complimentary.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/DougGoodwin
unibowler
From Her Lips to God's Ears
unibowler

Male Number of posts : 178
Cool Points : 5970
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: The Cult Supporting Tour?   The Cult Supporting Tour? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:47 pm

CultinMD wrote:
Hello Against Me! faithful. I'm a long-time fan of The Cult and just wanted to drop in and give my respect to Against Me! and their loyal following. I saw them twice this week in support of The Cult in Philly and Maryland and was so impressed that I wanted to come here and share it with you. The quality of the songs and the passion of the band and their fans really shows and is making an impression on an awful lot of people who haven't heard them before, including me. I'm connected with a lot of Cult fans all over the place, and I can tell you that the response has been overwhelmingly positive. This is an excellent band and I look forward to delving into their catalog and following their progress.

I have read the beginning of this thread and see that a lot of you don't see any connection between The Cult and Against Me!, but I assure you it's there. 25 years ago, I was a huge Billy Idol fan and went to one of his concerts expecting to suffer through a lame opener so I could enjoy the main attraction. But there was this band I had barely heard of that was on stage, playing one great song after another, and giving everything they had with a passion that I had never seen before. Despite some insults from the Idol-heavy crowd, there was a pocket of fans in front of the stage that just refused to sit down, refused to back down, and proudly let their flags fly for their band. That was the day I became a Cult fan, and I saw the same thing when Against Me! took the stage this week. Ian Astbury and Billy Duffy grew up around the punk rock movement in England in the 70s, and can recognize an authentic band because they saw the real thing. They have also refused to be pigeonholed into any one particular style (listen to Spiritwalker, followed by Lil' Devil, followed by Rise, and your head will spin) and challenge their fans by not standing still.

Great songs delivered with no passion are useless, and passion without great songs is pointless, but Against Me! delivers on both counts. I'm so glad The Cult invited them to join this tour. I hope you are, too. Much respect to you all.

p.s. Any band that can pull off a ballad with the chorus "I wanna piss on the walls of your house" gets an A+ in my book.

That's awesome. Against Me! has introduced me to quite a few of my favorite bands. Most notably, Two Gallants. I actually wrote Laura a few years ago and thanked her for it. She said that showing their fans music that they enjoyed was one of her greatest joys. It's awesome that The Cult could do the same for you. Welcome to he world of Against Me!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/unibowler
Forftypercent

Male Number of posts : 235
Cool Points : 5961
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: The Cult Supporting Tour?   The Cult Supporting Tour? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 5:57 pm

The Icarus Line's singer, oh man.

Like Iggy Pop if he'd never picked up a barbell. Or written a decent song.
Back to top Go down
Caustic
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Male Number of posts : 2
Cool Points : 4356
Registration date : 2012-06-17

PostSubject: Re: The Cult Supporting Tour?   The Cult Supporting Tour? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 3:03 am

So I just saw Against Me for the first time tonight, even though I've been a long time listener. The show was absolutely phenomenal. The Icarus Line was absent from the show, and from the looks of things, I'm lucky that it turned out that way. Anyways, on to the best part of the entire performance.

I went to the show with a Co-worker of mine who was a long time fan of The Cult and had never heard of Against Me other than a few weeks before the show when I let him listen to some of their music. He had this to say about the show

"I was very impressed with Against Me. They put on an awesome show, and I'd be down for seeing them again. I'd even say they gave The Cult a run for their money. At least you could hear their vocals."

Ian of The Cult was very low, and you couldn't hear him over the guitar. My co-worker also called it "Billy Duffy with special guests The Cult!"

Regardless, I thought it was cool that someone that had never really heard the band before had such an awesome reaction to their first show. He and I are both anxiously awaiting the next tour!
Back to top Go down
Kyle
thumbless wonder
Kyle

Male Number of posts : 3639
Cool Points : 7441
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: The Cult Supporting Tour?   The Cult Supporting Tour? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 3:54 am

Hah, my roommates just got back from the Orlando show. They won the tickets from Laura's giveaway tweet. I wish I could have gone, but I had to end up working.
They got me a shirt too! Good times.

Still haven't gotten a setlist or anything though. NEED THE DEETS.
Back to top Go down
JessBowles
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
JessBowles

PostSubject: Re: The Cult Supporting Tour?   The Cult Supporting Tour? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 5:07 am

This will be out of order and missing a song or two probably. I just got home ha.

True Trans Soul Rebel
Transgender Dysphoria Blues
Don't Lose Touch
Turn Those Clapping Hands
Dead Friends
Black Me Out
Pretty Girls
New Wave
White Crosses
Thrash Unreal
Pints
Sink
The Ocean
Teenage Anarchist
Walking is Still Honest
Back to top Go down
Knate
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Knate

PostSubject: Re: The Cult Supporting Tour?   The Cult Supporting Tour? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 2:00 pm

They opened with theme from Rocky which was cool. They also played Cliche Guevera
Back to top Go down
Knate
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Knate

PostSubject: Re: The Cult Supporting Tour?   The Cult Supporting Tour? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 2:09 pm

They opened with theme from Rocky which was cool. They also played Cliche Guevera
Back to top Go down
Raccoon
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Raccoon

Male Number of posts : 1538
Cool Points : 6680
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: The Cult Supporting Tour?   The Cult Supporting Tour? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 3:48 pm

From listening to a couple of the Icarus Line's songs on Youtube, I really don't mind them at all, however, I haven't watched any of their live footage. I can imagine that the lead vocalist doesn't translate very well to live situations. Oh well. The 4 or 5 songs I've heard aren't bad, but I don't think I would want to see them live.
Back to top Go down
Breakout
Untouchable
Untouchable
Breakout

PostSubject: Re: The Cult Supporting Tour?   The Cult Supporting Tour? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 3:51 pm

This twitter conversation with Laura is about The Icarus Line - http://twitter.com/LauraJaneGrace/status/212723652796481538 - in case you have missed it.
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

Male Number of posts : 3158
Cool Points : 8121
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: The Cult Supporting Tour?   The Cult Supporting Tour? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 3:58 pm

Haha how did am! end up with this band?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Pollard/209701715
JessBowles
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
JessBowles

PostSubject: Re: The Cult Supporting Tour?   The Cult Supporting Tour? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 7:31 pm

I thought Cliche was played!

James flicked off a chick who messed up our pic and then wanted 2 more taken aha.
I met Caleb and Knate. Forum party!
Hung out with Heather during the Cult.
Busted my cut open helping her with merch, that shit bled for at least an hour.
Ended up chilling with Laura, Heather, Jay and the singer of the Cult until 1:30 am upstairs.
Last night ruled so much. Soo many hugs and high fives all around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cult Supporting Tour?   The Cult Supporting Tour? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Cult Supporting Tour?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next