Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Feminists

Go down 
+37
WWD4D?
blake
Kam
ThusSpokeYourFace
artistry_in_motion
ska_sean
Ana
highonbutane
noni
laurendelore
brianoverprovidence
andy
Ross
iloveyourmom
MxBx!
Fornikatieng
Pepe
atom
hastekilledcreativity
vb
StoolPigeon
Joaquin_Honest
arollo
dustin
Shawn!
Pants
Clint
JoshRaymond
Mark Narra
ClockworkRobot
scarlett
hyperballad
billy pilgrim
Mike
Johnny99
Raccoon
lex
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Pants
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Pants

Male Number of posts : 3126
Cool Points : 7776
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Feminists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 9:37 pm

That's so fucked up. I hate these distorted self images and the way everyone is portrayed in the media so "perfectly". And I hate seeing ribs, it's gross. Half the female models I see aren't really that attractive, I wish more females would realize 5'10 and 145 pounds is perfectly healthy and attractive.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/cavaliereternal

Feminists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:00 pm

from femanists to wieght and body size and dieting, in just 4 pages how do we do it?
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JoshRaymond

Male Number of posts : 6478
Cool Points : 8985
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Feminists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:01 pm

its magic you know
Back to top Go down

Feminists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:03 pm

OH WHAO OH ITS MAJIC YOU KNOW OHHH OH NEVER BELIEVE ITS NOT SO....
Back to top Go down
Pants
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Pants

Feminists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 12:24 am

So, I asked my mom who she was voting for (shit's been in the news so long now I figure she'd know). She said she didn't, and I said, I thought you were going for Hillary, so she's out, that means Obama, right? She said no, she doesn't know who to vote for. And I said, well, Hillary and Obama had pretty much the same outlook on almost all issues, if you were going to vote for Hillary, Obama is the next best thing, voting for McCain, and voting for Hillary, are not even close. So theoretically, you should vote for Obama. And she said, but Hillary is a woman....

That's it, I asked to clarify, and she said she was going to vote for Hillary cause she was a woman. And I said, wow, that's sexist mom, to which she said it wasn't. And I said, so if I was going to vote for Obama cause he was a guy, would that be sexist, to which she said yes....I fail to see the difference.

Also, there are many women out there like this, that were only going to vote for Hillary because she was a woman, and now they're voting McCain, someone who differs so much on Hillary politics, why are so many women sexist against men? And why do they not admit it's sexism?
Back to top Go down
dustin
Borne on the FM Waves
Borne on the FM Waves
dustin

Male Number of posts : 69
Cool Points : 5785
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Feminists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 2:10 am

I'm for equality between the sexes, but no special treatment. If a man is better for a certain job than a woman, he should get it, and vice versa - if a woman is better, she should get it.

It's shitty that women get paid less on average. Both sexes are discriminated against.

• men pay more for their car insurance

• there are higher incarceration rates and longer sentences for men (compared to women) for the same crimes

• there are huge biases against fathers when it comes to things like child custody

• there are no penalties for women who commit paternity fraud to get money from men

• rape shield laws, and a sympathy bias towards women victims restricts a lot men from getting fair trials in rape cases, while men getting raped in prison is considered funny

• there are more social programs for women than for men

• Also - men are far more likely to be homeless, and 73% of all suicides in the united states are committed by men.

There's also a double standard with sports. If a girl is not allowed to play on a male sports team, it's a big issue against her rights, but if there was a guy a female sport team, there would be a huge issue of whether that's fair to the teams who they play against.
Back to top Go down
ClockworkRobot
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
ClockworkRobot

Female Number of posts : 1300
Cool Points : 6104
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Feminists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 5:44 pm

I NEED TO VENT! Some idiot at work was being really sexist...

I was lifting cases of beer onto a trolley and a customer was like "are all the men busy or something?" and of course, I'm super confused by this, so I'm like "no, I think they're around...", totally not getting what she's on about (yes, it was a WOMAN being sexist) and she's like "don't you think they should be doing this instead of you" (at this point, I'm still clueless). I reply "uh... no...". She then says "but it's a man's job". The penny finally drops and so I counter "no it's not, and I can lift this just as good as any man, thank you". She gets really insistant "you're just a girl, you shouldn't be doing this!".

I finally crack and flat out tell her "you're being really sexist right now" and she storms away in a huff. I. Don't. Get. It.
Back to top Go down
hyperballad
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
hyperballad

Female Number of posts : 3318
Cool Points : 7516
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Feminists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:10 pm

dustin wrote:
I'm for equality between the sexes, but no special treatment. If a man is better for a certain job than a woman, he should get it, and vice versa - if a woman is better, she should get it.

It's shitty that women get paid less on average. Both sexes are discriminated against.

• there are higher incarceration rates and longer sentences for men (compared to women) for the same crimes

• there are huge biases against fathers when it comes to things like child custody

• there are no penalties for women who commit paternity fraud to get money from men

• rape shield laws, and a sympathy bias towards women victims restricts a lot men from getting fair trials in rape cases, while men getting raped in prison is considered funny

• Also - men are far more likely to be homeless, and 73% of all suicides in the united states are committed by men.

There's also a double standard with sports. If a girl is not allowed to play on a male sports team, it's a big issue against her rights, but if there was a guy a female sport team, there would be a huge issue of whether that's fair to the teams who they play against.
the reason people find the idea of men getting raped in prison funny is because the ones getting raped are usually wife beaters, rapists, or child molesters. so yeah, they fucking deserve it.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Clint
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Clint

Male Number of posts : 1801
Cool Points : 6792
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Feminists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:11 pm

hyperballad wrote:
dustin wrote:

the reason people find the idea of men getting raped in prison funny is because the ones getting raped are usually wife beaters, rapists, or child molesters. so yeah, they fucking deserve it.

I'd like to see some proof on that. I'm guessing the ones being raped are the pretty ones.
Back to top Go down
hyperballad
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
hyperballad

Female Number of posts : 3318
Cool Points : 7516
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Feminists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:13 pm

I've just been told that a lot. so there's a possibility I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
JoshRaymond
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JoshRaymond

Feminists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:14 pm

everyone gets raped in prison
Back to top Go down

Feminists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:18 pm

Well it is true that men who go to prison for hurting children or someone who was much weaker than them, typically get treated the worst by fellow prisoners. No one deserves to get raped, not even in prison, but it happens.

Also, Tobias Funke was a good man and he almost got raped in prison. He was just researching an acting role!
Back to top Go down

Feminists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:20 pm

JoshRaymond wrote:

I know a few people who work at the Salinas Valley State Prison, which is one of the most dangerous ones in California, and they actually have a lot of things they do to try and prevent prison rapes from happening. There's actually an organization for this:

http://www.spr.org/
Back to top Go down
Clint
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Clint

Male Number of posts : 1801
Cool Points : 6792
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Feminists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:21 pm

White Power Bill: Who is this little (bleep)?

Tobias: Well, it’s been quite a while since anybody’s called me a tyke, but no, I am Dr. Tobias Fünke, or with your help, Frightened Inmate #2. And who is this shiny building of a man?
Back to top Go down

Feminists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:22 pm

Hahahaha. I never get sick of that episode. I wish Tobias was real so we could hang out everyday.
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7621
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Feminists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:24 pm

Yea, my brother was in jail for 7 years and it's not only rapists or child molesters who get raped.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JoshRaymond

Feminists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:25 pm

lauren wrote:
JoshRaymond wrote:

I know a few people who work at the Salinas Valley State Prison, which is one of the most dangerous ones in California, and they actually have a lot of things they do to try and prevent prison rapes from happening. There's actually an organization for this:

http://www.spr.org/

thats a awesome organization
Back to top Go down

Feminists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:26 pm

I agree.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JoshRaymond

Feminists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:32 pm

hopefully they can get to the rape rate down
Back to top Go down
Mike
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Male Number of posts : 3153
Cool Points : 7564
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Feminists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:39 pm

lauren wrote:
No one deserves to get raped, not even in prison.
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Johnny99

Male Number of posts : 2868
Cool Points : 7843
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Feminists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:40 pm

drinkingirish wrote:
lauren wrote:

i think any dude who rapes or kills children deserves to get raped by the biggest scariest inmate in prison.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JoshRaymond

Feminists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:41 pm

no one deserves to get raped
Back to top Go down
ClockworkRobot
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
ClockworkRobot

Female Number of posts : 1300
Cool Points : 6104
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Feminists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 7:21 pm

Johnny99 wrote:
drinkingirish wrote:
lauren wrote:

i think any dude who rapes or kills children deserves to get raped by the biggest scariest inmate in prison.

NO ONE DESERVES RAPE. EVER. EVER.
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
billy pilgrim

Female Number of posts : 1845
Cool Points : 6118
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Feminists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 7:36 pm

I don't know what people who hurt children do deserve, but...yeah. What everyone else said.
Back to top Go down
Pants
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Pants

Feminists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 11:22 pm

It has come to light this Ms. Palin is a feminist. I fail to see how this is possible if she's conservative.
I have read up and found out she is Pro-Life, not Pro-choice, as is more conservatives. But as a feminist, you are suppose to be pro-choice(usually, they are more progressive and for women's rights). Unrelated to that, she is pro-guns, an active member of the NRA, and against Gay-Marriage (she has stated). So she seems pretty ultra conservative (To offset McCain's slight independentness), but she somehow remains a feminist (which are usually credited with being progressive and liberal).

Weird, that aside, I don't like her stances on a lot of issues i've read. I didn't know much about her earlier today, but after reading up on her, I don't like what I see. Also, if McCain was to kick the bucket, she's next in line for the presidency, and I don't think she has the expiernce or know how to handle that. She was a mayor of a small town for a while, and has only held the governor title for 18 months. I don't know if she is ready for the presidency. What are some other outlooks on her? I need more information on what the general public thinks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Feminists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feminists
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next