Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Feminists

Go down 
+37
WWD4D?
blake
Kam
ThusSpokeYourFace
artistry_in_motion
ska_sean
Ana
highonbutane
noni
laurendelore
brianoverprovidence
andy
Ross
iloveyourmom
MxBx!
Fornikatieng
Pepe
atom
hastekilledcreativity
vb
StoolPigeon
Joaquin_Honest
arollo
dustin
Shawn!
Pants
Clint
JoshRaymond
Mark Narra
ClockworkRobot
scarlett
hyperballad
billy pilgrim
Mike
Johnny99
Raccoon
lex
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
hastekilledcreativity
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
hastekilledcreativity

Female Number of posts : 1335
Cool Points : 6032
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Feminists - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 3:46 pm

I'd totally get my boyfriend a pair of those... if I had a boyfriend... which is probably why I don't.
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7609
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Feminists - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 4:42 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/30/us/30insure.html?ref=us

Boo. I wonder if I tell them I never go to the doctor and plan not to have kids, they'll give me a discount?
Back to top Go down

Feminists - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 4:53 pm

That's some bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Shawn!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Shawn!

Male Number of posts : 1007
Cool Points : 5957
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Feminists - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 6:22 pm

hastekilledcreativity wrote:
I'd totally get my boyfriend a pair of those... if I had a boyfriend... which is probably why I don't.
I'd wear them Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pepe
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Pepe

Female Number of posts : 803
Cool Points : 6235
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Feminists - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 9:29 am

vb wrote:
lauren wrote:
Feminists - Page 9 10595273-2

Eww, what the fuck. Advertisements like that piss me off. Property? I don't think so.

That is so fucking degrading. If a guy ever expected me to emblazon his name across my ass I would fucking dump his ass right then and there.

Do you think they'd make a pair for me that read property of your mum?

Earlier this week in one of my classes we were discussing the link between feminism and vegetarianism/veganism, and my tutor put out the idea that as a feminist one of the biggest things you can do it stop eating meat because it challenges a form of patriarchy. So this moron in a miniskirt and heels pipes up "I think I'm a feminist... but I couldn't stop eating meat." I was just like wait, what, she THINKS she's a feminist? How doesn't she know?! WHAT
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peperawkls
MxBx!
From Her Lips to God's Ears
MxBx!

Male Number of posts : 126
Cool Points : 5792
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Feminists - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 2:14 pm

Feminists annoy me, but it annoys me as well when its vice versa.

i believe women have the same rights and are equal to men but i don't believe that they are greater than men. It would be the same the other way round, men have the same rights and are equal but they are not greater than women.

One thing that really pisses me off is how men can treat women sometimes though, where i live along the coast theres a lot of how would you put it 'macho men' who just use and abuse women. I disagree with that, sometimes i feel like im the only guy around here who treats women fairly and doesn't see them just as a piece of 'ass'.

All that above there is probably complete gibberish or is worded wrong, but i know what im trying to say haha.
Back to top Go down
Http://myspace.com/threesummersstronguk
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7609

Feminists - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 2:54 pm

Feminists don't believe women are greater for men, they're fighting for equality. Sometimes you have to make yourself heard, and if that annoys people ..then I guess that's just the way it is. I'm not sorry for it.
Back to top Go down
iloveyourmom
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
iloveyourmom

Male Number of posts : 827
Cool Points : 6352
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Feminists - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 3:20 pm

lex wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/30/us/30insure.html?ref=us

Boo. I wonder if I tell them I never go to the doctor and plan not to have kids, they'll give me a discount?

But guys pay more for car insurance..

I was pissed when I first had to get car insurance and my policy was like 60 dollars a month higher than my female friends policy who was a few months younger than me..

I was like, "Why is hers less? I'm slightly older, I've had my license for longer than her, we live next door to each other, and our vehicles are almost identical, WTF!?" And they were like, "She's female, she's less likely to get into a car accident." And I was like, "But I taught her how to drive, she drives the same as I do! That's ghey! Your statistics are sexist!"

Then I got Gieco.. I love that gecko.
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
billy pilgrim

Female Number of posts : 1845
Cool Points : 6106

Feminists - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 4:44 pm

MxBx! wrote:

i believe women have the same rights and are equal to men but i don't believe that they are greater than men. It would be the same the other way round, men have the same rights and are equal but they are not greater than women.

One thing that really pisses me off is how men can treat women sometimes though, where i live along the coast theres a lot of how would you put it 'macho men' who just use and abuse women. I disagree with that, sometimes i feel like im the only guy around here who treats women fairly and doesn't see them just as a piece of 'ass'.

All that above there is probably complete gibberish or is worded wrong, but i know what im trying to say haha.

Lex is right, most feminists don't think that women are better than men, just that we should have equal rights. Feminism has come a long way, but it's by no means "done."

(edited for clarification)
Back to top Go down
vb
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
vb

Female Number of posts : 1203
Cool Points : 6308
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Feminists - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 4:00 am

lex wrote:
Feminists don't believe women are greater for men, they're fighting for equality. Sometimes you have to make yourself heard, and if that annoys people ..then I guess that's just the way it is. I'm not sorry for it.

Ugh, thank you. A common way to demean women's rights is to act like we are acting for fucking special privileges or something when we're just asking for basic human equality. Not that the poster you're responding to was consciously trying to do that, but still.

It amuses me that sometimes people get upset if women get angry or demanding about wanting change. If we get pissed off about sexism we can be seen as angry man hating bitches, but if we ask nicely, we won't get anywhere. I'd rather be the annoying feminist than the quiet girl who accepts the status quo, you know?
Back to top Go down
MxBx!
MxBx!

Feminists - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 9:29 am

lex wrote:

I agree, they do fight for equality, but some feminists do take it to the extreme or make themselves out to look like that. obviously sometimes its misconception but shit like that happens. I'm not rallying against feminists but sometimes people can take things a bit too far. It would be the same if it was the opposite sex as well.

Same with some christians who will not leave you alone and try to force feed you the bible, look up Westboro Baptists Church for a good example.

Like with all groups there will be 'extremists' who wont accept other peoples views.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Male Number of posts : 3153
Cool Points : 7552
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Feminists - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 10:40 am

I'd like to see an example of a feminist extremist group.

Also, Iloveyourmom made a good point about car insurance for men. Both of the these insurance charges are sexist definitely, but I don't think these companies are doing this to be sexist, I think they are doing it because they have cold, mathematical, and calculated processes and have no respect for anyone regardless of sex. There are statistics to say men are worse drivers and women have more health visits because their reproductive organs are more complicated and they have the ability to bear children.

So much fucking dehumanization.
Back to top Go down
MxBx!
MxBx!

Feminists - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 10:45 am

drinkingirish wrote:
I'd like to see an example of a feminist extremist group.

That would be quite weird, mass bra burning and other cliche things that people think feminists do!
Back to top Go down
Mike
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Feminists - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 10:56 am

A quick google of feminist extremist/extremism turned up pro-life sites, a couple male youtube rants about why feminism is annoying and women should just shut up, and some all male groups who are convinced that men are losing rights.

I have never heard of anything extremist from feminism, only radical. Feminism is the idea that women are people and should be given the rights of people.
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
billy pilgrim

Female Number of posts : 1845
Cool Points : 6106

Feminists - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 11:14 am

You know, I think I've met women who think that they're somehow better than all men, and who think that that notion is feminism, but I don't think I've ever heard of an organized group of these people. It's the stereotype used in sitcoms, though.

I dunno if the insurance thing is intentionally sexist, though. I mean sure, it's dumb, but the statistics do hold true, and facts can't be sexist or homophobic or racist or whatever. The website for the road race I'm running this November has the categories "fastest runner" and "fastest female runner" listed under the records for last year. As much as that pissed me off--couldn't they just put "fastest male" and "fastest female?"-- it's true that the fastest runner was a man and the fastest female runner was a minute or two behind him.
Back to top Go down
ClockworkRobot
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
ClockworkRobot

Female Number of posts : 1300
Cool Points : 6092
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Feminists - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 2:48 pm

Feminists - Page 9 20020506

Feminists - Page 9 20051128
Back to top Go down
scarlett
narra's iGirl
scarlett

Female Number of posts : 833
Cool Points : 5817
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Feminists - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 4:30 pm

The second one is great. Especially the eighth panel, so true.
Back to top Go down
MxBx!
MxBx!

Feminists - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 4:45 pm

Mitch Clem is god (Y)
Back to top Go down
Pepe
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Pepe

Female Number of posts : 803
Cool Points : 6235
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Feminists - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 8:32 pm

MxBx! wrote:

That's great that you believe that, but feminism is more than getting people to believe that everyone is equal. It's about equality in actions as well as beliefs. It's about equal rights, pay, conditions of work, responsibilities (work, family, or otherwise) as much as it it about beliefs. Don't get me wrong, beliefs are important but it's sort of a first step before action.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peperawkls
Shawn!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Shawn!

Feminists - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 9:10 pm

Feminists - Page 9 20020802
Back to top Go down
ClockworkRobot
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
ClockworkRobot

Female Number of posts : 1300
Cool Points : 6092
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Feminists - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 9:25 pm

...how is this about feminism?
Back to top Go down
Shawn!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Shawn!

Feminists - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 9:30 pm

ClockworkRobot wrote:
...how is this about feminism?
I don't know........
So, women's rights? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mike
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Feminists - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 4:41 am

I'm reading Outrageous Acts and Everyday Rebellions by Gloria Steinem and it does such a good job at promoting feminism that I don't want to finish it because it makes me sad that I'm not a woman. Sometimes I just don't want to associate with my sex.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7892
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Feminists - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 6:03 am

It's perfectly ok for men to be feminists, although bra burning might be a bit weird if you're gonna take it that far.
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

Male Number of posts : 6265
Cool Points : 10209
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Feminists - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 7:18 am

drinkingirish wrote:
Sometimes I just don't want to associate with my sex.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Feminists - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminists   Feminists - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feminists
Page 9 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next