Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rob, developer of againstme.net

Go down 
+7
AdamLikesMusic
AM!ShitSTroll
Ross
atom
lex
JoshRaymond
oxygensmith
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Armageddon
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Armageddon

Female Number of posts : 856
Cool Points : 6051
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Rob, developer of againstme.net - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 1:43 pm

oxygensmith wrote:
impact wrote:
ohh, i think the site you were talking about was the transition between the old site and the new site.
stevo is a friend of the bands, and runs 1234GO records as well. he helped start the first official site, and it had lots of stuff: media,discography,shows,bio,news,message board(RIP).

the old messageboard went through 2 different changes..
the second change had a new layout and everything..
after AM! signed to fat, it slowly grew with people joining just to bash them. Tom didnt like it, and had it just down.. a few months later, PIX took over the AM! board, and the same thing happended w/ the bashing and it too was shut down on the PIX site.

Ah, OK. Thanks for filling me in on the history. Yeah, I definitely got the feel that something like that had happened.

It must have been tough being a band member and a forum moderator, listening to people talk B.S. about your motives while you're patiently moderating their discussion... Way better to have fan forum moderators do that.

agreed...welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
impact
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
impact

Male Number of posts : 1243
Cool Points : 6059
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 3:02 pm

oxygensmith wrote:
impact wrote:
ohh, i think the site you were talking about was the transition between the old site and the new site.
stevo is a friend of the bands, and runs 1234GO records as well. he helped start the first official site, and it had lots of stuff: media,discography,shows,bio,news,message board(RIP).

the old messageboard went through 2 different changes..
the second change had a new layout and everything..
after AM! signed to fat, it slowly grew with people joining just to bash them. Tom didnt like it, and had it just down.. a few months later, PIX took over the AM! board, and the same thing happended w/ the bashing and it too was shut down on the PIX site.

Ah, OK. Thanks for filling me in on the history. Yeah, I definitely got the feel that something like that had happened.

It must have been tough being a band member and a forum moderator, listening to people talk B.S. about your motives while you're patiently moderating their discussion... Way better to have fan forum moderators do that.
actually on the old am boards, it was moderators werent the band members..
Back to top Go down
oxygensmith
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
oxygensmith

Male Number of posts : 15
Cool Points : 5832
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:38 pm

arollo wrote:
Welcome. I live in Edmonton also. What brought you out to the wild west? Accident, or birth?

Hey Arollo. Ha ha, birth and accidents are not always so mutually exclusive... Smile

My then-girlfriend was going to library school out at the U of A and I wanted a break from Kelowna BC, where we were living. We broke up but I kept the city.

Awesome that you're from Edmonton. I work out of Café Dabar pretty frequently, it's on Whyte Ave.

How did you get out here?
Back to top Go down
http://www.oxygensmith.com
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7880
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:59 pm

oxygensmith wrote:
Hey Arollo. Ha ha, birth and accidents are not always so mutually exclusive... Smile

Haha, nice.
Back to top Go down
impact
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
impact

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 12:44 am

rob, get my last PM ?
Back to top Go down
oxygensmith
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
oxygensmith

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 1:39 am

impact wrote:
rob, get my last PM ?

Yeah. Are you okay with waiting till July on that project? I'm ramping up to my finals in school right now. But I'm sure the band (and everyone here) would love it.

R o B
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

Female Number of posts : 2008
Cool Points : 6007
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 2:51 am

oxygensmith wrote:

Cherchez la femme.

I met and married a girl from Edmonton, and we ended up here while she finished her degree up at the U of A.

We hate it here. We're getting out as soon as we can (3 months, give or take). Sadly, we're moving down to Calgary. But at least in Calgary there are a lot fewer roughnecks just in from Fort Mac making it impossible to go out in the evening and not be threatened or harassed. So that's one positive.

I spend 90% of my time down in the river valley. I know of Cafe Dabar, but have never been in there.
Back to top Go down
impact
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
impact

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 2:56 am

oxygensmith wrote:
impact wrote:
rob, get my last PM ?

Yeah. Are you okay with waiting till July on that project? I'm ramping up to my finals in school right now. But I'm sure the band (and everyone here) would love it.

R o B
yeah for sure..

i just finished finals, and am taking summer school right now so its all good.
Back to top Go down
oxygensmith
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
oxygensmith

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 11:27 am

arollo wrote:
oxygensmith wrote:

Cherchez la femme.

I met and married a girl from Edmonton, and we ended up here while she finished her degree up at the U of A.

We hate it here. We're getting out as soon as we can (3 months, give or take). Sadly, we're moving down to Calgary. But at least in Calgary there are a lot fewer roughnecks just in from Fort Mac making it impossible to go out in the evening and not be threatened or harassed. So that's one positive.

I spend 90% of my time down in the river valley. I know of Cafe Dabar, but have never been in there.

Drop by some time! Maybe after they get done tearing up Whyte Avenue (where Dabar is)... The 50 year old water main burst when I was working there in winter and it's been getting repaired for a month. It is ironically like being in Fort Mac, construction workers and dump trucks and barricades are everywhere on Whyte Ave / 109 Street.

I just spent eight days in Fort Mac (trying to making life difficult in their fair city... more details later). It's actually part of my school requirement to go. It's crazy, like a cross between Blade Runner and The Beverly Hillbillies. But, they have the same stuff in Fort Saskatchewan ("upgrader alley") now, just 30 kilometers from here.

Such funny connections... I found out about this forum when I was up in Fort Mac because Tom emailed me and asked me to change the menu so we could add a link to this forum and his new blog... (One thing the band can't change by themselves is the menu, so I get requests from various folks to change it up from time to time.)
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

Female Number of posts : 2008
Cool Points : 6007
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 4:25 pm

I was wondering what happened down on Whyte, last time I was there it looked like they were putting in a moat around that block.

I live on Jasper, so it's construction 24/7 for no specific purpose, as far as I can tell. There is one large building that a crew is apparently working to make haunted. It's frightening. I am beginning to think that Mandel doesn't actually have a long term plan for this city.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rob, developer of againstme.net
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Against Me! Forum :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself!-
Jump to: