Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rob, developer of againstme.net

Go down 
+7
AdamLikesMusic
AM!ShitSTroll
Ross
atom
lex
JoshRaymond
oxygensmith
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
oxygensmith
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
oxygensmith

Male Number of posts : 15
Cool Points : 5832
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Rob, developer of againstme.net Empty
PostSubject: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 10:16 pm

Hey everyone. I'm Rob, I love Against Me!, I live in Edmonton, and my little design collective I'm part of designed againstme.net as it exists now. I'm in school now, but I'm hoping to take some time in July and August to do a few new things for the site.

I've also had the pleasure of interacting with some folks in / around the band, and if you didn't know already from meeting them yourself, they are like, the nicest people.

Anyway, I'd be super interested in knowing what you do / don't like about the site... I'm really glad that this forum exists.

Other than that, hello, hi, hola... I also like burritos, all kinds of music, making buttons and shirts, writing, adventures of any kind and doing activist stuff.

Last edited by oxygensmith on Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding a few links to cool things in my life...)
Back to top Go down
http://www.oxygensmith.com

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 10:20 pm

Hello Rob!! Welcome to the forum. Smile Personally, I really love www.againstme.net. I check it out pretty much every day..haha. I think it looks really sharp and it's easy to figure out. It's a fun site; good job!!
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JoshRaymond

Male Number of posts : 6478
Cool Points : 8961
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 10:28 pm

dude i love you a lot
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7597
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 10:37 pm

Yeah I love the site, it's pretty snazzy. I just have to say I LOVE burritos too. Nothing better! Welcome!
Back to top Go down
oxygensmith
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
oxygensmith

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 10:58 pm

thanks people!! ah yes, burritos. Settling down to a homemade black-bean burrito now.
Back to top Go down
atom
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
atom

Male Number of posts : 1880
Cool Points : 5981
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 11:00 pm

nice avatar, that was the night of the infamous coffee shop incident, yeah? i haven't heard anything good about the beta bar though.
Back to top Go down
oxygensmith
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
oxygensmith

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 11:05 pm

aestheticguitar wrote:
nice avatar, that was the night of the infamous coffee shop incident, yeah? i haven't heard anything good about the beta bar though.

Coffee shop incident? I hadn't heard about this. I just like AM! posters and I like kittens, so i grabbed it off of gigposters. It's done by a guy named Jerrod Porter, seems like he has a whole bunch of nice art there.

When i chose the avatar I thought it said Beta BAND. I thought, "that's a weird pairing, but OK."

Last edited by oxygensmith on Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
atom
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
atom

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 11:07 pm

hahaha, that's a good reason to pick it. kittens are pretty fantastic
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7880
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 7:29 am

Haha, hey and welcome.

The site does look good, props to y'all for that.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:20 am

how often do you talk with against me?
Back to top Go down
oxygensmith
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
oxygensmith

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:53 am

JoshRaymond wrote:
how often do you talk with against me?

Hardly ever. I set it up so they can manage 99.9% of the site themselves.
Back to top Go down
AM!ShitSTroll
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
AM!ShitSTroll

Male Number of posts : 516
Cool Points : 5934
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 11:00 am

well good work regardless!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sporadicballard
JoshRaymond
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 3:19 pm

oh i see, still good though dude
Back to top Go down
AdamLikesMusic
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!

Male Number of posts : 530
Cool Points : 6072
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 3:57 pm

Nice Avatar. I've never seen that poster.
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

Female Number of posts : 2008
Cool Points : 6007
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 6:11 pm

Welcome. I live in Edmonton also. What brought you out to the wild west? Accident, or birth?
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

Female Number of posts : 2008
Cool Points : 6007
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 6:13 pm

aestheticguitar wrote:

That's because there isn't anything good about the Beta Bar. Or All Saints. Or Tallahassee in general.
Back to top Go down
AM!ShitSTroll
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
AM!ShitSTroll

Male Number of posts : 516
Cool Points : 5934
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 6:16 pm

arollo wrote:
aestheticguitar wrote:

That's because there isn't anything good about the Beta Bar. Or All Saints. Or Tallahassee in general.

hahahah agreed
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sporadicballard
atom
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
atom

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:04 pm

AM!ShitSTroll wrote:
arollo wrote:
aestheticguitar wrote:

hahahah agreed

aside from the fact that they're so ANTI-AGAINST ME! i kinda like all saints, it was a nice place to hang out. i just wish they'd realize how fascist it is to not let people talk about or advertise a perfectly amazingly fantastic band.
Back to top Go down
Ana
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ana

Female Number of posts : 4576
Cool Points : 8936
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:20 pm

Greetings and welcome to the forum Smile
Back to top Go down
oxygensmith
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
oxygensmith

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 3:22 am

Merci, tangerine and others. Hello.
Back to top Go down
impact
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
impact

Male Number of posts : 1243
Cool Points : 6059

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 2:20 am

Hey Rob, nice job on the site.

Though I was wondering...

What happened to Stevo? why doesn't he run the site anymore?

edit: i also PMed you
Back to top Go down
oxygensmith
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
oxygensmith

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 3:40 am

impact wrote:

Thanks.

I actually have no idea (ouch.... no pun intended.)

I've never talked to him. When I began work, there was a really basic 'placeholder' page that someone had set up-- just that long list of when the next shows were and some YouTube videos. There were some really basic pieces of a web site that had kind-of been started, or maybe was being dismantled and being redesigned. I don't know. But I heard from some people that there used to be a forum and everything. Is that true?
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7597
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 9:48 am

Yeah, a few years ago but it got nasty so it was shut down.
Back to top Go down
impact
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
impact

Male Number of posts : 1243
Cool Points : 6059

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 12:14 pm

oxygensmith wrote:
impact wrote:

Thanks.

I actually have no idea (ouch.... no pun intended.)

I've never talked to him. When I began work, there was a really basic 'placeholder' page that someone had set up-- just that long list of when the next shows were and some YouTube videos. There were some really basic pieces of a web site that had kind-of been started, or maybe was being dismantled and being redesigned. I don't know. But I heard from some people that there used to be a forum and everything. Is that true?
ohh, i think the site you were talking about was the transition between the old site and the new site.
stevo is a friend of the bands, and runs 1234GO records as well. he helped start the first official site, and it had lots of stuff: media,discography,shows,bio,news,message board(RIP).

the old messageboard went through 2 different changes..
the second change had a new layout and everything..
after AM! signed to fat, it slowly grew with people joining just to bash them. Tom didnt like it, and had it just down.. a few months later, PIX took over the AM! board, and the same thing happended w/ the bashing and it too was shut down on the PIX site.
Back to top Go down
oxygensmith
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
oxygensmith

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 1:37 pm

impact wrote:
ohh, i think the site you were talking about was the transition between the old site and the new site.
stevo is a friend of the bands, and runs 1234GO records as well. he helped start the first official site, and it had lots of stuff: media,discography,shows,bio,news,message board(RIP).

the old messageboard went through 2 different changes..
the second change had a new layout and everything..
after AM! signed to fat, it slowly grew with people joining just to bash them. Tom didnt like it, and had it just down.. a few months later, PIX took over the AM! board, and the same thing happended w/ the bashing and it too was shut down on the PIX site.

Ah, OK. Thanks for filling me in on the history. Yeah, I definitely got the feel that something like that had happened.

It must have been tough being a band member and a forum moderator, listening to people talk B.S. about your motives while you're patiently moderating their discussion... Way better to have fan forum moderators do that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rob, developer of againstme.net   Rob, developer of againstme.net Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rob, developer of againstme.net
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Against Me! Forum :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself!-
Jump to: