Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

College

Go down 
+80
hockeyrocks5757
JessBowles
one of my lies
hlflp360
Stevie K
WWD4D?
oldgospelchoir
LeMoine
AdamLikesMusic
ragingzombie
blake
Chops4569
unibowler
tsr
Aaron
Meximan
Lil RoRo
deonnametet
raptorsaurus
Mr Stocks
artistry_in_motion
davidd232
centralaircentralheat
kansas
mookao
Electric
laurenlunatone
EternalCavalier
Raccoon
JessAwesome
ska_sean
Kam
Tim
Odell
SolemnPsycho
hastekilledcreativity
pintsogin
StoolPigeon
Clint
noni
defunctalex
ultimo323
tat2dsinner
Mark Narra
FLIP
Johnny99
big A little a
laurendelore
Knate
SirIan
Daggar Slade
brianoverprovidence
ThusSpokeYourFace
Toadvine
hyperballad
ashley
spraypainthero
JakobDoetman
AM!ShitSTroll
kropotkin
Markie!T.S.R.
Pants
Pepe
JoshRaymond
impact
pat23
arollo
Ana
ClockworkRobot
lex
BradGodfrey
Ross
Armageddon
EMC
e6c
lhdez
JAPSoccer13
atom
billy pilgrim
Mike
84 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
ashley
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ashley

Female Number of posts : 2267
Cool Points : 7778
Registration date : 2008-04-16

College - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 5:43 pm

i have no idea what i want to do with my life but i still went to school.
i thought "what if i woke up one day and knew."
so i decided to go to a two year school and take all the basics and get them out of the way thinking two years from now i'm bound to know what i want to do...... i have one semester left after this one.
hopefully an epiphany will come my way.
Back to top Go down
ThusSpokeYourFace
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ThusSpokeYourFace

Female Number of posts : 2322
Cool Points : 7995
Registration date : 2009-04-25

College - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 7:50 pm

I'm gonna be a teacher, but hopefully I'll get some kind of graduate degree either after working for a while or while working.
Probably not the best choice of career paths though at this point considering the economy and whatnot...so I may just try to stay in school for as long as possible. Still I think I have a leg up since I've got a minor in secondary ed and a second major in spanish.

But the reason I decided to go to college was more that I wanted to avoid deciding what to do with the rest of my life. Also my mom and dad both have degrees and would have been disappointed if I hadn't gone to school.
Back to top Go down
ashley
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ashley

College - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 8:17 pm

ThusSpokeYourFace wrote:
I'm gonna be a teacher, but hopefully I'll get some kind of graduate degree either after working for a while or while working.
Probably not the best choice of career paths though at this point considering the economy and whatnot...so I may just try to stay in school for as long as possible. Still I think I have a leg up since I've got a minor in secondary ed and a second major in spanish.

But the reason I decided to go to college was more that I wanted to avoid deciding what to do with the rest of my life. Also my mom and dad both have degrees and would have been disappointed if I hadn't gone to school.

so are you going to teach spanish?

that second bit was a big thing for me too. my mom cried when i told her i wasn't going to go to college. my dad said go to college or move out. so i went for one semester. then didn't go back. realized not having any form of a plan for my life suuucked and went back.
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

Male Number of posts : 3490
Cool Points : 9217
Registration date : 2009-11-12

College - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 8:38 pm

I want to be a pilot, nowadays.

I didn't get into 'college' over here, so I need to decide pretty quickly what the fuck to do for the next year or so.
Back to top Go down
ThusSpokeYourFace
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ThusSpokeYourFace

College - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 12:31 pm

ashley wrote:
ThusSpokeYourFace wrote:

so are you going to teach spanish?

that second bit was a big thing for me too. my mom cried when i told her i wasn't going to go to college. my dad said go to college or move out. so i went for one semester. then didn't go back. realized not having any form of a plan for my life suuucked and went back.

Well my primary major is designed specifically so that I can teach social studies classes, like history, government, economics or geography, but I'd really like to teach either Spanish, US History or ESL.
I figure that if I have multiple options I'm more likely to find a job.

But it used to be that getting a college degree gave you a much better chance of having a relatively high standard of living (middle classish at least) but now there's pretty much no guarantee, and it seems like a lot of people just go to college because its just something people do. I mean, that's pretty much why I decided to go to begin with. Also it was the quickest easiest way to get out of my house and take a big financial burden off of my mom.
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

Male Number of posts : 6265
Cool Points : 10190
Registration date : 2008-07-20

College - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:59 am

Aaron wrote:
I want to be a pilot, nowadays.

I didn't get into 'college' over here, so I need to decide pretty quickly what the fuck to do for the next year or so.

Pilots get fucked over so bad. My brother's trying to be one, and it's so hard to get work. And you spend shittons on education/training. If you've seen Capitalism: A Love Story, the shit about pilots is actually uite true.

Not to be a Debbie Downer.
Back to top Go down
ashley
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ashley

College - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 3:12 pm

multiple options are always good. especially in teaching. my mom's a teacher and being qualified in several areas not only makes finding a job easier but you have a lot more say in what happens with your job.

and i have two friends that are pilots. one currently works at the Little Rock airport and is waiting to take on a commercial airline job and the other is still waiting to qualify to be a commercial pilot.
they've both been flying since they were in their teens.
Back to top Go down
raptorsaurus
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
raptorsaurus

Male Number of posts : 3197
Cool Points : 8694
Registration date : 2009-12-31

College - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 1:51 am

Oh, and university decides to go bonkers just as I'm going to go to fest. Fuck uni during fest, I'm there to party. But leading up to fest I'm going to be up to my eyeballs with work.

and well, after fest... the party's over...
Back to top Go down
ThusSpokeYourFace
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ThusSpokeYourFace

College - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:11 am

Midterms. BLEH

I go home Friday though so I'll at least get a two day break. Although I consider Friday to be a day off too because I only have microeconomics and that class is so easy.
Back to top Go down
oldgospelchoir
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
oldgospelchoir

Male Number of posts : 634
Cool Points : 5572
Registration date : 2010-12-10

College - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 9:16 pm

i need ideas.

my prompt is:
American Sexual Stereotypes. Analyze American stereotypes pf straight males and women. What underlying themes are revealed in these stereotypes?

do we in America even have sexual stereotypes?
Back to top Go down
cooljayhu
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
cooljayhu

Male Number of posts : 1492
Cool Points : 7090
Registration date : 2009-08-24

College - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:47 pm

ya the whole Men are supposed to the breadwinners and go to work to provide for their families while the women are at home taking care of kids, cooking, cleaning, etc. It's a classic and cliched as fuck but it's definitely the most prevalant.

You could also talk about it in the context of dating, and the gender roles which exist there. IE. the guy always asking the girl out and always paying, etc.

Also there's the classic if a girl sleeps with a few guys she's a slut/whore but if it's a guy sleeping with a few girls his a stud/player. Again cliched as hell but it stick around for a reason
Back to top Go down
oldgospelchoir
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
oldgospelchoir

College - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 10:59 pm

I showed up 30minutes late for my scheduled GRE exam....I had to pay $160 to reschedule it.

Back to top Go down
ThusSpokeYourFace
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ThusSpokeYourFace

College - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 10:24 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:

No.
We don't have racism or poverty either.
Back to top Go down
oldgospelchoir
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
oldgospelchoir

College - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 4:34 am

ThusSpokeYourFace wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

No.
We don't have racism or poverty either.

looking back...that was one of the dumbest things I have ever said
Back to top Go down
ThusSpokeYourFace
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ThusSpokeYourFace

College - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:16 pm

Sorry my post was a little rude.
I find it difficult to resist the opportunity for sarcasm when it presents itself.
Back to top Go down
oldgospelchoir
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
oldgospelchoir

College - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 4:46 pm

No worries man. It's the fucking internet.
Back to top Go down
raptorsaurus
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
raptorsaurus

College - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:46 pm

Leave it to me to spend my entire reading week doing shit all and start studying on the last day :/
Back to top Go down
muddz
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
muddz

Male Number of posts : 43
Cool Points : 4549
Registration date : 2012-01-19

College - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:52 am

I seriously think I am the laziest college student that manage to make Deans List

I dont remember the last time I did any reading or homework

Not sure how I still do so well haha. Ive made Deans List 3 out of 3 semesters putting in little effort
Back to top Go down
raptorsaurus
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
raptorsaurus

College - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 2:09 am

It's funny when you put in little effort and still manage to get decent marks... It just shows how many people put no effort in at all.
Back to top Go down
ThusSpokeYourFace
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ThusSpokeYourFace

College - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 11:43 am

Or how many people genuinely lack the cognitive ability to do the work.
Some people are actually just kind of...dumb is the wrong word because I'm sure they're smart in some way...but not good at knowing things.
Back to top Go down
Jersey89
Untouchable
Untouchable
Jersey89

Female Number of posts : 319
Cool Points : 4859
Registration date : 2011-12-31

College - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 9:06 am

I moved to Berlin a few years ago to study social work. Im in the 5th semester now and have two left to do after this one......it's okay...ish. I had to do an internship for a whole semester and decided to work with heroine addicts which was cool but also kind of tough. And I still have no fucking idea what I'm gonna do after I finish college!
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

Male Number of posts : 6265
Cool Points : 10190
Registration date : 2008-07-20

College - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 7:19 pm

I'm applying to some college in Vancouver for the fall. It's kind of a sister school to the University of British Columbia, so I can transfer a lot of credits from that school and finish a degree at UBC, which would be nice.
Back to top Go down
oldgospelchoir
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
oldgospelchoir

College - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 10:38 pm

8 days till I graduate from College. pretty stoked.
Back to top Go down
Breakout
Untouchable
Untouchable
Breakout

Number of posts : 446
Cool Points : 5319
Registration date : 2011-03-06

College - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:13 pm

Oh... final masters exam tomorrow... I should really consider to seriously prepare for it... now Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://epikureanlifestyle.tumblr.com/
Breakout
Untouchable
Untouchable
Breakout

Number of posts : 446
Cool Points : 5319
Registration date : 2011-03-06

College - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:18 pm

sssshhh! I'm almost done surfing.
Back to top Go down
http://epikureanlifestyle.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

College - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

College
Page 27 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next