Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

College

Go down 
+80
hockeyrocks5757
JessBowles
one of my lies
hlflp360
Stevie K
WWD4D?
oldgospelchoir
LeMoine
AdamLikesMusic
ragingzombie
blake
Chops4569
unibowler
tsr
Aaron
Meximan
Lil RoRo
deonnametet
raptorsaurus
Mr Stocks
artistry_in_motion
davidd232
centralaircentralheat
kansas
mookao
Electric
laurenlunatone
EternalCavalier
Raccoon
JessAwesome
ska_sean
Kam
Tim
Odell
SolemnPsycho
hastekilledcreativity
pintsogin
StoolPigeon
Clint
noni
defunctalex
ultimo323
tat2dsinner
Mark Narra
FLIP
Johnny99
big A little a
laurendelore
Knate
SirIan
Daggar Slade
brianoverprovidence
ThusSpokeYourFace
Toadvine
hyperballad
ashley
spraypainthero
JakobDoetman
AM!ShitSTroll
kropotkin
Markie!T.S.R.
Pants
Pepe
JoshRaymond
impact
pat23
arollo
Ana
ClockworkRobot
lex
BradGodfrey
Ross
Armageddon
EMC
e6c
lhdez
JAPSoccer13
atom
billy pilgrim
Mike
84 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
JAPSoccer13
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JAPSoccer13

Female Number of posts : 2125
Cool Points : 5983
Registration date : 2008-01-20

College - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 11:06 am

my friend just wasted about 15,000 because she was at a university then decided to come back to community, so she could save money and be closer to home again.
but i guess her parents said something about going to community for her first 2 years or something so she could save her money.
Back to top Go down
http://jordanparrish.tumblr.com
JoshRaymond
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JoshRaymond

Male Number of posts : 6478
Cool Points : 8954
Registration date : 2008-04-11

College - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 11:19 am

in august im moving to austin to go to a community college and keep my band together
Back to top Go down
impact
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
impact

Male Number of posts : 1243
Cool Points : 6052
Registration date : 2008-03-07

College - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 5:07 pm

JAPSoccer13 wrote:
my friend just wasted about 15,000 because she was at a university then decided to come back to community, so she could save money and be closer to home again.
but i guess her parents said something about going to community for her first 2 years or something so she could save her money.

yeah that is what i did..

going to the CC for the first 2 years is usually your best bet, and it makes the transition from hs to a university a lot easier.

Last edited by impact on Wed May 14, 2008 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mike
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Male Number of posts : 3153
Cool Points : 7533
Registration date : 2008-04-26

College - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 5:54 pm

Universities can be the worst environments, but also the best one depending on the community and structure of the institution.

But if you live in the Republic of Madison like I do, you know how it can be just piss poor socially and intellecutally. This place is full of pseudo-hippies, over the top liberals, and basically a bunch of people who will only hang out with you if you get them drunk and forget about you the second the summer hits. So many reasons to leave this place.
Back to top Go down
Pepe
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Pepe

Female Number of posts : 803
Cool Points : 6216
Registration date : 2008-01-19

College - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 10:15 am

I wellll don't understand the American system!

After "high school" I fucked up my grades real bad so I did a year at college to figure out what I wanted to do/get some grades/go to gigs and get drunk (the first and last ones: successes, getting grades not so much). I did a HNC in social science which got me into the University of Aberdeen to do psychology, sociology, a semester of politics and a semester of anthropology. Next year I'm doing psychology and sociology and maybe a semester of gender studies instead of psychology. We'll see.

Anyways, I kind of fucking love my course. Sociology is awesome here, my lecturers are amazing. I could banter with them all day. I'd want to work with them if I thought I was capable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peperawkls
JAPSoccer13
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JAPSoccer13

College - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 1:12 pm

i pretty much told my mom i wanted to take some time off of college, because we'll ive always hated school, and she told me i have to pay rent now.
which i think is lame, im not going back for awhile so i can work and save up some more money so i can evetually move on to a university, which is hella expensive and i need to save up.
Back to top Go down
e6c
Untouchable
Untouchable
e6c

Male Number of posts : 466
Cool Points : 5874

College - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 1:45 pm

JAPSoccer13 wrote:
i pretty much told my mom i wanted to take some time off of college, because we'll ive always hated school, and she told me i have to pay rent now.
which i think is lame, im not going back for awhile so i can work and save up some more money so i can evetually move on to a university, which is hella expensive and i need to save up.

JAP, there are so few people that enjoy school... you are not alone in that feeling; however, I do think your mom is making the right decision, my mom did the same to me. When I was graduating high school and had no intention of going to college (other than UVa that is, and they rejected me), she told me I could have the summer, but after that I had to get a job and pay rent, so I joined the Army.

You are 18, you are an adult now. Your are now responsible for your actions, and parents usually will let their kids continue to live off of them as long as they are productive, and at age 18, the most productive thing you can do is go to school.

Also, there are quite a few of us on this board that went to school and dropped out, trust me, if it is still possible get back in to school as soon as possible, enjoy the college experience, I bet most of us would give that advice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/e6c
Pants
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Pants

Male Number of posts : 3126
Cool Points : 7745
Registration date : 2008-05-13

College - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:13 pm

I'll be a third years student at UNO (University of Nebraska at Omaha), pretty big school not too bad. Majoring in Computer Science, but I hate math. It's a huge conflict of interests.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/cavaliereternal
billy pilgrim
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
billy pilgrim

Female Number of posts : 1845
Cool Points : 6087
Registration date : 2008-01-17

College - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 3:54 pm

JAPSoccer13 wrote:

That's what my parents are going to do if I take a semester off. I think I'm going to take 3 classes (and get a real job) just to keep them appeased next semester before I transfer.
Back to top Go down
JAPSoccer13
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JAPSoccer13

College - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 4:07 pm

i get the point that im 18 and what not, but i told her i needed time away from school, i pretty much failed all my classes because my mom made me go this past year, i have a full time job, i dont even ask anything from her, i buy everyyything myself. i dunno i guess i dont geel grown up, i dont thikn i should have to pay for rent.

college just wasnt what i expected eaither.
Back to top Go down
Markie!T.S.R.
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Female Number of posts : 17
Cool Points : 5872
Registration date : 2008-04-15

College - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 5:26 pm

I go to Bay Path College in MA... horrible small, private, all girls school. Don't know how the hell I ended up there. I just finished my third year, studying biology. No idea what I am going to do with it.

When I was 18 I thought my life was all planned out and I knew exactly what I wanted. It was all going great until I suddenly slammed into a brick wall this semester and everything fell apart. Some times you just need some time off. If you don't want to be in school then you arent going to learn and it will just waste money. I just think that if you take too much time off you might never want to go back, not that it is a bad thing. It is easy to get wrapped up in a full time job and making money and realize after 5-10 years you want a degree. I need to be a full time student now so I can be on my Mom's health insurance. You are only allowed to do that for so long.

Not that I want to pay rent or anything but I would LOVE to have my own place right now. If I could afford it I wouldnt mind having any spending money inorder to not have to answer to anyone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blondiemp
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

Female Number of posts : 2008
Cool Points : 6000
Registration date : 2008-03-01

College - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 10:10 pm

e6c wrote:
....Also, there are quite a few of us on this board that went to school and dropped out, trust me, if it is still possible get back in to school as soon as possible, enjoy the college experience, I bet most of us would give that advice.

I wouldn't. Get a job, read some books, and live your life. A bit of paper and an extra 10k a year won't make you happier, or smarter, or more or less of anything.
Back to top Go down
e6c
Untouchable
Untouchable
e6c

College - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 2:13 am

arollo wrote:
e6c wrote:
....Also, there are quite a few of us on this board that went to school and dropped out, trust me, if it is still possible get back in to school as soon as possible, enjoy the college experience, I bet most of us would give that advice.

I wouldn't. Get a job, read some books, and live your life. A bit of paper and an extra 10k a year won't make you happier, or smarter, or more or less of anything.

Obviously I disagree. College is not some horrible opressing all encompassing monster. You still get plenty of time off, a typical schedule usually has a student taking no more than 3 hours of class a day. JAP, you can do this.

Also, you are right, it is not worth an extra 10K. But what it is worth is the options it gives you. You can back pack europe, read books on the beach, sing in a band with or without a degree, but there are plenty of jobs that will not even consider looking at you if you do not have a degree.

So, long story short, take the summer off, relax and have fun, but go back to school, it really is in your best intrest.
Back to top Go down
kropotkin
Untouchable
Untouchable
kropotkin

Male Number of posts : 357
Cool Points : 5877
Registration date : 2008-04-10

College - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 2:30 am

My advice is to take time off if you are unsure of what you are doing, but not too much time. Take that time and travel, do something different, experience the world and see what interests you so that when you do go back to school you know what you want to do, you are motivated, and interested. Do some volunteer work in the third world, that is what I did and it was the best thing ever - it was the difference between a valuable degree [in education] and a total waste of time and money.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pedesx
e6c
Untouchable
Untouchable
e6c

College - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:04 am

If you are not sure what you want to do, use this time to knock out all the general education requirements... remember it is always ok to switch degree plans. Find what intrests you and do it.
Back to top Go down
e6c
Untouchable
Untouchable
e6c

College - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:06 am

...then again, there is always the military!

A. you get paid from day one
B. they will pay for you to go to school (of the over 120 hours of college credit I have, the only thing I have had to pay for is the cost of books)
C. it is a respectable job
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

College - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 8:49 am

e6c wrote:
...then again, there is always the military!

A. you get paid from day one
B. they will pay for you to go to school (of the over 120 hours of college credit I have, the only thing I have had to pay for is the cost of books)
C. it is a respectable job

And points D through Z are a list of things that happen during a time of war. And the US has been actively involved in war zones for about 60 years straight now.

Canada too. People don't realize that when you hear about a "NATO force" they mean a bunch of Canadians with targets strapped to their heads and a bunch of other countries following behind, sniggering. I am in no way saying Canada is more awesome.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7873
Registration date : 2008-03-17

College - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 12:45 pm

College - Page 2 2003052001unsoldieruf4
Back to top Go down
AM!ShitSTroll
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
AM!ShitSTroll

Male Number of posts : 516
Cool Points : 5927
Registration date : 2008-02-27

College - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 12:56 pm

I loved college, every second of it, i recommend it to anyone who cant stand living with their parents and is interested in developing lifelong friendships....with plenty of frivelous sex.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sporadicballard
Markie!T.S.R.
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Female Number of posts : 17
Cool Points : 5872
Registration date : 2008-04-15

College - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 2:15 pm

I think I've had the wrong college experience because my school is so small and conservative. No alcohol, no overnight guest on week days, blah blah blah. They treat us like we are 14, but I guess I was the stupid one that signed up for it.

I discovered this year that I really have no idea what I want to do in my life. I talked to my counselor and he said something like 85% of people after 5years are doing something completely unrelated to their undergrad degree.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blondiemp
Mike
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Male Number of posts : 3153
Cool Points : 7533
Registration date : 2008-04-26

College - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 2:18 pm

School's out for summer!! or for me, a little longer. Last final was today, and now I'm ready to enter the pool of unskilled workers, which will suck for a completely different set of reasons then why college sucked. Except hopefully I'll get to play some music and have some fun that way.
Back to top Go down
impact
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
impact

Male Number of posts : 1243
Cool Points : 6052
Registration date : 2008-03-07

College - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 4:46 pm

done w/ finals.... ! finally.
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7590
Registration date : 2008-01-17

College - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 4:53 pm

I'm so mad. It was my last quiz, so I go to my class and realize I forgot my book that I need to take the damn quiz Sad
Back to top Go down
JakobDoetman
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
JakobDoetman

Male Number of posts : 1064
Cool Points : 5864
Registration date : 2008-04-23

College - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:10 pm

I don't go to college. I'm a freshman in high school in South Carolina, Indian Land. I applied and was accepted to the Greenville Fine Arts Center for drumming or percussion, but I can't go because of my dad's job, but I might go to a governors school next year for percussion and music engineering, so I can get a record label started. I might move back to New York (where I lived for my whole life, until now.) though because my family hates the south and my dad just got another job offer, so if that happens I'm going back and going to high school there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/smegmasandwhich
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

College - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:48 pm

The south does suck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

College - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College   College - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

College
Page 2 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next