Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!

Go down 
+33
lex
Pants
hlflp360
Johnny99
Knate
ThusSpokeYourFace
SinsPastSainthood
raptorsaurus
AutumnCannibalist
WWD4D?
UntilTheyFall
hectorinho
dtsbassist
cooljayhu
pintsogin
dannyglover
skitzo12
Forftypercent
LinoLiam
ikomplex
bleedingheart
Aaron
Raccoon
emmsmem
Tim
Ghost
Various Artists
Califan0
LeMoine
JessBowles
Breakout
Jersey89
hmsdude24
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
DavyGrolton
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
DavyGrolton

Male Number of posts : 1424
Cool Points : 7167
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 12:32 am

Egh I hate turning on someone who three weeks ago everyone loved.

I met him a few times and he was super engaging, also he is like still college aged so having a change of heart is almost expected.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theriotinside
dannyglover
Untouchable
Untouchable

Number of posts : 280
Cool Points : 5990
Registration date : 2008-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 1:17 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I never particularly liked Jay. I always thought the way he would stand up and sing along to the songs was really obnoxious and off-putting, and although he was pleasant enough when I interacted with him, I've heard/read so many interviews with him where he just came off as a pretentious, entitled child of privilege. Plus, think about it: three people who worked their asses off to get to where they are probably would see the music industry/the world/etc a lot differently than a kid whose fame is a function of who his dad is. Not to say that Jay isn't a good drummer in his own right, but he's still a multi-millionaire heir who has been afforded way more opportunities and exposure than any other 21/22 year old drummers I can think of. I don't know. The nepotism just always seemed to go against the ethic I associate with the band. Personally, I'm glad he's no longer in the band. My two cents.
Back to top Go down
dannyglover
Untouchable
Untouchable

Number of posts : 280
Cool Points : 5990
Registration date : 2008-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 1:20 pm

doctoracula wrote:
bad. he drags the whole band down.
Dude...no way. Kevin's drumming isn't amazing on that record, but if anyone's holding the band back it's the bassist. Granted, I always compare any Schwarzenbach project to Jawbreaker and the standard Chris Bauermeister set was pretty high, but the basslines on 'forgetters' are so fucking bland and uninteresting. The drums definitely are not the problem.
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

Male Number of posts : 3158
Cool Points : 8115
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 6:06 pm

i always liked the way jay sang along with everyone else, i didn't find in obnoxious at all. He's playing in a band he's a big fan of (or was a fan). We'd all being doing the same thing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Pollard/209701715
dtsbassist
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Number of posts : 44
Cool Points : 4396
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 7:17 pm

I liked how Jay sang and rocked out, cause if I ever go that opportunity I would be freaking the fuck out!! But I feel like the mentality you have when your family is wealthy and famous wouldn't bode well with 3 rock veterans who built everything from the ground up.
Back to top Go down
doctoracula
From Her Lips to God's Ears
From Her Lips to God's Ears

Number of posts : 127
Cool Points : 5946
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 8:19 pm

dannyglover wrote:
doctoracula wrote:
bad. he drags the whole band down.
Dude...no way. Kevin's drumming isn't amazing on that record, but if anyone's holding the band back it's the bassist. Granted, I always compare any Schwarzenbach project to Jawbreaker and the standard Chris Bauermeister set was pretty high, but the basslines on 'forgetters' are so fucking bland and uninteresting. The drums definitely are not the problem.

the basslines are horrible, too. i expect way more from j robbins, though maybe blake didn't want anything busier? i dunno, that band stinks. they have so much potential but it's all so slow and uninteresting.
Back to top Go down
Various Artists
Untouchable
Untouchable
Various Artists

Male Number of posts : 265
Cool Points : 4978
Registration date : 2011-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 6:22 pm

http://www.mournmusic.com
Back to top Go down
LeMoine
Untouchable
Untouchable
LeMoine

Male Number of posts : 297
Cool Points : 5338
Registration date : 2010-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 5:16 pm

It's interesting..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Against Me! Forum :: Against Me! :: The Band-
Jump to: