Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

bin laden killed

Go down 
+15
raptorsaurus
ThusSpokeYourFace
LeMoine
Ross
Lurch
Clint
blake
Knate
Chops4569
Aaron
Tim
Johnny99
StoolPigeon
cooljayhu
pintsogin
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
LeMoine
Untouchable
Untouchable
LeMoine

Male Number of posts : 297
Cool Points : 5338
Registration date : 2010-10-07

bin laden killed - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 2:43 pm

raptorsaurus wrote:
Geez, I don't see why you guys are hating on cooljayhu so much. Can you guys not even see what the main point he's trying to make is? I mean, skepticism is great, look what it has accomplished in our society. He's not blatantly saying "THIS IS ALL FAKE THE GOVERNMENT IS LYING".

I'm guessing the reason why they threw his body into the ocean was because the longer they held onto the body, the more controversy and outcry people would have about it. ie, what to do with the body etc.

Some people are just being way over the top here, pretty much uncalled for. Wishing someone die a painful slow death or pissing on their graves... seriously guys? Didn't Martin Luthor King Jr say we should not celebrate the death of an individual, not even an enemy?

I guess the internet can't actually have an intelligent discussion.

They buried him at sea so that he didn't have a grave radicals could gather at. Also, what country is going to want him buried in it's soil?
They had to bury him within 24 hours do to islamic tradition.
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

Male Number of posts : 3158
Cool Points : 8115
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 3:16 pm

i doubt this increases Obamas chances of getting a 2nd term. When the conflict with Libya started there was a short clip about how foreign policy takes a back seat to the economy around election time, especially when a year or two passes after a conflict. Bush Sr. thought the Gulf war would carry him to a 2nd term and there was another example involving Carter i think. Grant it, Osama is a bit different. I think most people realize Obama just gave the order to make finding him a top priority. I doubt he had much direct involvement.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Pollard/209701715
Kam
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Kam

Female Number of posts : 513
Cool Points : 5856
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 4:04 pm

The way my facebook page looks this is nowhere near increasing his chances.
Back to top Go down
cooljayhu
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
cooljayhu

Male Number of posts : 1492
Cool Points : 7088
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 4:19 pm

Aaron wrote:
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

It's like Ghandi said, "A smile don't cost nothing sugar"
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

Male Number of posts : 3490
Cool Points : 9215
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 4:44 pm

Hate the sin, not the sinner.
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

Male Number of posts : 6265
Cool Points : 10188
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 5:38 pm

Ross wrote:
Damn I missed the fighting

edit:
raptorsaurus wrote:
Didn't Martin Luthor King Jr say we should not celebrate the death of an individual, not even an enemy?

Also, just so you know: http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/05/out-of-osamas-death-a-fake-quotation-is-born/238220/

Only part of it wasn't MLK Jr. The full quote that's been going around is:

"I will mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that."

According to http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/05/anatomy-of-a-fake-quotation/238257/ only the first sentence wasn't MLK Jr..
Back to top Go down
raptorsaurus
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
raptorsaurus

Male Number of posts : 3197
Cool Points : 8692
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 5:54 pm

oh, It just appeared all over the internet, so I thought it was true... How ironic.
Back to top Go down
Raccoon
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Raccoon

Male Number of posts : 1538
Cool Points : 6674
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 8:25 pm

I had the same reaction as cooljayhu, and know quite a few people who felt the same way as well. I mean, that was my initial reaction. I'm on the fence for this one. I believe that he could very well be dead and that America was responsible for it, but at the same time, it's something that could've been easy to fake and helped gain popularity. I'm not saying I'm all conspiracy theory gung ho, maybe it's just something that sounds too good to be true.

Also, I'm absolutely laughing my ass off since word has spread that the information on Osama may have been attained through torture and interrogation that occurred at Guantanamo Bay. If that is true, that is the most ironic, hilarious thing I've ever heard. And if it IS true, then everyone should continue hating on Bush for being such an "idiot", even though you'd all have him and his administration to thank for the establishing of Guantanamo Bay.

inb4 shitstorm
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 10:43 pm

raptorsaurus wrote:
oh, It just appeared all over the internet, so I thought it was true... How ironic.

Well, the meaning is the same, there's just that added sentence at the beginning.

Raccoon wrote:
I had the same reaction as cooljayhu, and know quite a few people who felt the same way as well. I mean, that was my initial reaction. I'm on the fence for this one. I believe that he could very well be dead and that America was responsible for it, but at the same time, it's something that could've been easy to fake and helped gain popularity. I'm not saying I'm all conspiracy theory gung ho, maybe it's just something that sounds too good to be true.

I definitely had that same initial reaction. The Taliban seems to doubt it. With that said, with the initial shock wearing off, I do believe he's dead.
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 11:13 pm

Watching the news now and there's debate on releasing photos of a slain Osama. Their showing video of the compound after the fight. Osama apparently was not armed but put up a fight
Back to top Go down
Knate
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Knate

Male Number of posts : 1902
Cool Points : 7517
Registration date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 12:17 am

Hahaha wtf did he do, throw falefels?
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 12:26 am

I don't blame them it was probably a tense situation.
Back to top Go down
raptorsaurus
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
raptorsaurus

Male Number of posts : 3197
Cool Points : 8692
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 12:47 am

yeah, apparently using human shields and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Knate
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Knate

Male Number of posts : 1902
Cool Points : 7517
Registration date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:18 am

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Lurch
From Her Lips to God's Ears
Lurch

Male Number of posts : 243
Cool Points : 6018
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:26 am

Raccoon wrote:
Also, I'm absolutely laughing my ass off since word has spread that the information on Osama may have been attained through torture and interrogation that occurred at Guantanamo Bay. If that is true, that is the most ironic, hilarious thing I've ever heard. And if it IS true, then everyone should continue hating on Bush for being such an "idiot", even though you'd all have him and his administration to thank for the establishing of Guantanamo Bay.

First off: i·ro·ny /[ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-]
–noun, plural -nies.
1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.

Secondly, if the United States just stopped doing fucked up things to and in other nations (such as supporting Israel, arming the Taliban and Bin Laden to fight against the Soviets in the 1980s, and supporting the former sanctions against Iraq that killed 500,000 children), we wouldn't have people flying planes into our buildings in the first place. But since this won't end, I guess we should continue torturing terrorists, eh (many of whom don't even know why they're imprisoned in the first place)?
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 2:09 am

Lurch wrote:
Raccoon wrote:

–noun, plural -nies.
1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.

Secondly, if the United States just stopped doing fucked up things to and in other nations (such as supporting Israel, arming the Taliban and Bin Laden to fight against the Soviets in the 1980s, and supporting the former sanctions against Iraq that killed 500,000 children), we wouldn't have people flying planes into our buildings in the first place. But since this won't end, I guess we should continue torturing terrorists, eh (many of whom don't even know why they're imprisoned in the first place)?

The first point is kind of null. It is pretty ironic that it's the Guantanamo Bay's information that led to Osama's capturing, because so many people said that torture doesn't actually work as a method of intelligence gathering, as people will say anything to get out of torture.

The second point still stands, though.

ETA: I'd like to see something supporting the former sanctions bit - not that I don't trust you, I'd just like to see an article myself.
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 9:23 am

Lurch wrote:

if only Christopher Columbus had not discovered America, this whole situation could have been avoided.
Back to top Go down
LeMoine
Untouchable
Untouchable
LeMoine

PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 10:48 am

Yeah.

Thanks, Columbus.

Ya jackass.
Back to top Go down
Lurch
Lurch

Male Number of posts : 243
Cool Points : 6018
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 10:50 am

StoolPigeon wrote:
Lurch wrote:
Raccoon wrote:

–noun, plural -nies.

The first point is kind of null. It is pretty ironic that it's the Guantanamo Bay's information that led to Osama's capturing, because so many people said that torture doesn't actually work as a method of intelligence gathering, as people will say anything to get out of torture.

ETA: I'd like to see something supporting the former sanctions bit - not that I don't trust you, I'd just like to see an article myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbIX1CP9qr4

Obviously there is a lot more information about this out there, but here it is right from someone in charge.
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 3:58 pm

Lurch wrote:
StoolPigeon wrote:
Lurch wrote:
Raccoon wrote:

–noun, plural -nies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbIX1CP9qr4

Obviously there is a lot more information about this out there, but here it is right from someone in charge.

Thanks, man.
Back to top Go down
LeMoine
Untouchable
Untouchable
LeMoine

PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 4:25 pm

I heard Osama actually took an allergic reaction and died
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 5:02 pm

LeMoine wrote:

to bullets in the head?
Back to top Go down
LeMoine
Untouchable
Untouchable
LeMoine

PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 7:26 pm

Nope. To scalloped potatos.
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 7:47 pm

pintsogin wrote:
LeMoine wrote:

to bullets in the head?

Oddly enough, I too have that allergy.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7871
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:35 am

Shout out to tha living dead
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bin laden killed
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Against Me! Forum :: Other :: Discussions-
Jump to: