Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

bin laden killed

Go down 
+15
raptorsaurus
ThusSpokeYourFace
LeMoine
Ross
Lurch
Clint
blake
Knate
Chops4569
Aaron
Tim
Johnny99
StoolPigeon
cooljayhu
pintsogin
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

Male Number of posts : 3158
Cool Points : 8115
Registration date : 2008-02-01

bin laden killed Empty
PostSubject: bin laden killed   bin laden killed Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 1:03 am

pretty amazing. 9/11 is by far the most vivid memory of my youth.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Pollard/209701715
cooljayhu
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
cooljayhu

Male Number of posts : 1492
Cool Points : 7088
Registration date : 2009-08-24

bin laden killed Empty
PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 2:09 am

I refuse to accept that it was Osama until I see the long-form death certificate
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

Male Number of posts : 6265
Cool Points : 10188
Registration date : 2008-07-20

bin laden killed Empty
PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 3:18 am

cooljayhu wrote:
I refuse to accept that it was Osama until I see the long-form death certificate

cheers

-edit- For the sake of conversation, I'll paraphrase the Sopranos, since I think this is a pretty similar case; "This organization is like a hydra, you cut off one head, and two more sprout up." Do you think this will end the war, or do you think anything's really changed? I mean, you take out Osama, but I'm sure there are many others eager to take his spot, no?
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Johnny99

Male Number of posts : 2868
Cool Points : 7810
Registration date : 2008-06-15

bin laden killed Empty
PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 4:57 am

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

Male Number of posts : 4431
Cool Points : 10176
Registration date : 2009-07-24

bin laden killed Empty
PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:13 am

StoolPigeon wrote:
-edit- For the sake of conversation, I'll paraphrase the Sopranos, since I think this is a pretty similar case; "This organization is like a hydra, you cut off one head, and two more sprout up." Do you think this will end the war, or do you think anything's really changed? I mean, you take out Osama, but I'm sure there are many others eager to take his spot, no?

It kind of depends on how professional their organization is. It could mean someone else, who already was the #2 under Bin Laden, just steps up to take charge, or you'll get an internal battle of who will be in charge now. I'm hoping for my second theory, but I can't imagine they didn't have a plan B for when Bin Laden gets killed (or just dies).
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Timsalabimbo
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

Male Number of posts : 3490
Cool Points : 9215
Registration date : 2009-11-12

bin laden killed Empty
PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:55 am

I don't know how to feel. But like Pints, I'd say 9/11 is probably the most vivid memory I have. I was 8 at the time, I remember coming home and seeing it and feeling sick.
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

bin laden killed Empty
PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:44 am

Tim wrote:
StoolPigeon wrote:

It kind of depends on how professional their organization is. It could mean someone else, who already was the #2 under Bin Laden, just steps up to take charge, or you'll get an internal battle of who will be in charge now. I'm hoping for my second theory, but I can't imagine they didn't have a plan B for when Bin Laden gets killed (or just dies).

from what i've heard on the news Osama had a certain quality thats irreplaceable. Someone may take his place but Al Queda (i didn't spell that right) won't be the same.
Back to top Go down
Chops4569
Untouchable
Untouchable
Chops4569

Male Number of posts : 493
Cool Points : 5825
Registration date : 2009-12-15

bin laden killed Empty
PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:37 am

pizza wrote:
I think that I'm glad he's dead. It still perturbs me to see people on TV dancing in the streets to celebrate that someone's been killed.

Not that I'm nearly as excited as most Americans seem to be, but to a lot of people view Bin Laden as a moral equivalent to Hitler. He has become the embodiment of the fear, anger, hate and anxiety 9-11 caused and considering our poor management of the War on Terror, his death is the first catharsis we've really had.

Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Lizzardking69
Knate
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Knate

Male Number of posts : 1902
Cool Points : 7517
Registration date : 2009-06-17

bin laden killed Empty
PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:41 am

He was buried at sea.
Back to top Go down
blake
Untouchable
Untouchable
blake

Male Number of posts : 490
Cool Points : 5684
Registration date : 2010-03-25

bin laden killed Empty
PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:53 am

I too get mixed feelings when an asshole's death is celebrated. And I thought they just killed him yesterday, is it not a tad early to be putting it away?
Back to top Go down
Chops4569
Untouchable
Untouchable
Chops4569

Male Number of posts : 493
Cool Points : 5825
Registration date : 2009-12-15

bin laden killed Empty
PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:02 pm

I heard on the radio that the Muslim faith requires that burial occur within 24 hours of death.

Apparently they elected to bury him at sea to avoid his grave becoming some sort of jihadist pilgrimage spot.

Sounds kind of sketchy, but I'm inclined to believe it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Lizzardking69
Johnny99
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Johnny99

bin laden killed Empty
PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:27 pm

pizza wrote:
I think that I'm glad he's dead. It still perturbs me to see people on TV dancing in the streets to celebrate that someone's been killed.

I recall footage of islamic extremists dancing in the streets around the middle east and burning American flags as the twin towers were burning.
I've got no compassion for this guy, and I've never been more happy to hear of someones death. Too bad it couldn't have been a slower more painful death.
Back to top Go down
Clint
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Clint

Male Number of posts : 1801
Cool Points : 6759
Registration date : 2008-06-11

bin laden killed Empty
PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 2:47 pm

"To everyone who's a bit too cool and trendy liberal to be happy about the whole Osama Bin Laden thing - get fucked. A murderous terrorist shithead is dead. Have a beer already." - Frank Turner
Back to top Go down
Lurch
From Her Lips to God's Ears
From Her Lips to God's Ears
Lurch

Male Number of posts : 243
Cool Points : 6018
Registration date : 2008-06-03

bin laden killed Empty
PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 3:36 pm

Chops4569 wrote:
I heard on the radio that the Muslim faith requires that burial occur within 24 hours of death.

Apparently they elected to bury him at sea to avoid his grave becoming some sort of jihadist pilgrimage spot.

Sounds kind of sketchy, but I'm inclined to believe it.

How does this sound sketchy? The part about Islam is true and the other thing you said makes perfect sense.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7871
Registration date : 2008-03-17

bin laden killed Empty
PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 4:01 pm

Clint wrote:
"To everyone who's a bit too cool and trendy liberal to be happy about the whole Osama Bin Laden thing - get fucked. A murderous terrorist shithead is dead. Have a beer already." - Frank Turner

There's a difference between being happy he's dead and throwing a street party to celebrate though. I, for one, couldn't care enough to bother to go buy some beer. He's dead, woo-fucking-hoo. The more interesting aspect of all this is who the media will cast as the next evil super villain that we need to expand our military buget to protect ourselves from. I'd stake my life on it not being a white guy.
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Johnny99

bin laden killed Empty
PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 4:05 pm

Its funny how there are video tapes out there of radical extremist groups hacking off heads of westerners and doing whatever the fuck they want with the remains.. But now their all up in arms that we dumped him in the ocean because it didn't follow the Muslim faith's burial procedure? Yea right. I know plenty of families that weren't able to grieve over their lost loved ones remains because there was nothing left. Some of them got calls months after 9/11 to be told that they had found a body part in the rubble belonging to the deceased as if that made things any better or easier. And now this asshole deserves some kind of proper burial? Nope.
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Johnny99

bin laden killed Empty
PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:28 pm

Yeah, as of now its really only a matter of time before they try to blow something else up..
I remember reading not too long ago that some terrorist in custody said there was a nuclear weapon hidden in Europe that would be set off if Bin Laden was ever killed. Im sure that was just bullshit trashtalk, but things are definitely going to be tense for a little while.
Back to top Go down
LeMoine
Untouchable
Untouchable
LeMoine

Male Number of posts : 297
Cool Points : 5338
Registration date : 2010-10-07

bin laden killed Empty
PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 6:22 pm

I'm just wondering how you bury one at sea. I heard of people throwing ashes into the ocean, but I read his body was intact. So.. did they just like.. throw it in?
Back to top Go down
cooljayhu
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
cooljayhu

bin laden killed Empty
PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 6:26 pm

So you guys are buying this?
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

bin laden killed Empty
PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 6:34 pm

cooljayhu wrote:
I was waiting for this guy
Back to top Go down
Knate
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Knate

Male Number of posts : 1902
Cool Points : 7517
Registration date : 2009-06-17

bin laden killed Empty
PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 6:39 pm

Some of you....wow.

I was personally hoping to get to piss on his grave. I guess ill just take a piss in the water next time I'm at the beach.
Back to top Go down
cooljayhu
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
cooljayhu

bin laden killed Empty
PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:12 pm

pintsogin wrote:
cooljayhu wrote:
I was waiting for this guy

The cynical guy that questions what his government tells him when they provide no proof. Then I guess I'm that guy
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

bin laden killed Empty
PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:24 pm

Yeah the punx guy
Back to top Go down
ThusSpokeYourFace
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ThusSpokeYourFace

Female Number of posts : 2322
Cool Points : 7993
Registration date : 2009-04-25

bin laden killed Empty
PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:32 pm

Johnny99 wrote:
pizza wrote:

I recall footage of islamic extremists dancing in the streets around the middle east and burning American flags as the twin towers were burning.
I've got no compassion for this guy, and I've never been more happy to hear of someones death. Too bad it couldn't have been a slower more painful death.

Yes, I always hold myself up to the same standards as my enemies.

And its not a question of compassion. I don't feel compassion for him. I just find it strange that people think his death is going to make what happened on 9/11 better.
Back to top Go down
ThusSpokeYourFace
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ThusSpokeYourFace

Female Number of posts : 2322
Cool Points : 7993
Registration date : 2009-04-25

bin laden killed Empty
PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:34 pm

pizza wrote:
Oh, I've got no compassion for this guy either. Far from it. It's something else that makes me feel this way but I can't really name it. Recalling footage of islamic extremists dancing in the streets makes these feelings of unease just worse for me because for some reason, I get the same vibe now as I got back then.

Exactly!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

bin laden killed Empty
PostSubject: Re: bin laden killed   bin laden killed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bin laden killed
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next