Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs

Go down 
+5
blake
pintsogin
ThusSpokeYourFace
Tim
Aaron
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
blake
Untouchable
Untouchable
blake

Male Number of posts : 490
Cool Points : 5685
Registration date : 2010-03-25

North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 6:05 pm

Aaron wrote:
blake wrote:
just nuke the bastards already

Why would you say that? Rolling Eyes

It's not as though it's the poor fuckers living there who have done anything. The only bad North Koreans in the world are the government, who let millions die for their own selfishness. By selfishness, I mean the kind of prick who's running the country that employs people to make sure that his rice grains are the exact same shape and size, who had thousands put to death for not crying at his father's death, etc.

silent

Believe it or not I didn't actually intend to have people take that comment seriously.
Back to top Go down
ThusSpokeYourFace
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ThusSpokeYourFace

Female Number of posts : 2322
Cool Points : 7994
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:21 pm

Tim wrote:

ThusSpokeYourFace wrote:
and then there's the fact that if we do anything to them China might not like it
I don't know about that. I don't think they are best friends, since North Korea destroyed the bridges connecting them to China.

Yeah, I wouldn't think they would stick up for them out of brotherly love or something. But do you think that if there were a US presence in North Korea China might feel that we were encroaching on their territory? After all that has a lot to do with why we didn't send ground troops into Korea in the fifties. Of course that was the fifties and Korea and China were a lot more friendly then.
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

Male Number of posts : 3158
Cool Points : 8116
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:27 pm

pintsogin wrote:
then there's the military/international relations factor. China likes NK b/c its a buffer between us and them. They wouldn't handle a downfall well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Pollard/209701715
ThusSpokeYourFace
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ThusSpokeYourFace

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:28 pm

I totally didn't see that post before.

But like, yeah.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

Male Number of posts : 4431
Cool Points : 10177
Registration date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 4:47 am

China is huge and NK is tiny. I don't really see it as a buffer between us and them. I do, however, think it was dumb for NK to kind of cut themselves off from China. Having such a big and powerful country as a potential ally and not doing anything with it doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Also China is a lot more open than NK. Not that that's a hard thing to do, but still Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Timsalabimbo
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

Male Number of posts : 3490
Cool Points : 9216
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 5:29 am

I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE NEWSSSS.
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

Male Number of posts : 3490
Cool Points : 9216
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 5:41 am

Quote :
North Korean leader Kim Jong-il's youngest son, Kim Jong-un, has been appointed a general, amid rumours he is being anointed as successor.

State television said the elder Kim had been re-elected as leader, at the start of a meeting of the ruling party.

The Workers' Party has not met for decades and observers believe Kim Jong-il may be cementing the family dynasty.

The succession is being closely watched because of the North's nuclear programme and hostility with the South.

Lack of experience

The announcement about Kim Jong-un is his first mention by name in state media and is reminiscent of his father's rise to prominence which began in the mid-1970s.

Little is known of him other than that he was educated in Switzerland and is around 27 years of age.

He is being elevated to the post of four-star general without military experience and despite being Kim Jong-il's third and youngest son.

His elder brother and half-brother appear to have been ruled out of the running for the succession.

The state television announcer was quoted as saying that his father had been reappointed as general secretary of the Workers' Party as an "expression of absolute support and trust".

She said a "crucial" development was under way but gave no further details.

The state news agency said the leader had been re-appointed with "the unanimous will and wishes" of North Koreans.

The statement described Kim Jong-il's "immortal exploits" and said they would "shine long in the history of the country" as he developed the ruling party of his late father, Kim Il Sung.

Kim Jong-il's sister, Kyong-hui, has also been named a four-star general, announced the state-run Korean Central News Agency. Kyong-hui is married to Chang Song-taek, seen by some analysts as North Korea's second-most powerful leader.

A long-time aide to the Kim family, Choe Ryong-Hae, was also appointed a general.

Ill health

Kim Jong-il, 68, is reported to be suffering from several illnesses. He is believed to have had a stroke two years ago, and has travelled to China for treatment.

Neither Pyongyang nor Beijing have publicly commented on rumours surrounding his health.

A US official said it was too soon to tell what was happening inside North Korea's leadership, but the United States was watching developments "carefully".

Reports from South Korea on Monday suggested that the military had nominated Kim Jong-un as a delegate for the conference.

The Chosun Ilbo newspaper quoted an unnamed North Korean source as saying a propaganda campaign had already begun to raise Kim Jong-un's profile.

Rumours emerged last year from the secretive state that he was his father's chosen successor.

Analysts say taking over his father's job would be a huge task for someone with so little experience.
'Eternal president'

Images released by the North's state media on Monday showed orderly lines of delegates - some wearing suits, others in military uniform - arriving in Pyongyang.

The Associated Press reported that the capital was decorated with flags and placards announcing the meeting.

One poster read: "Warm congratulations to the representatives meeting of the Workers Party of Korea."

KCNA reported that party delegates visited the Kumsusan Memorial Palace in Pyongyang on Monday to pay respects to North Korean founder Kim Il-sung, father of Kim Jong-il.

Kim Il-sung is known as the "eternal president", while Kim Jong-il has styled himself the "dear leader".

Kim Jong-il became leader when his father died in 1994.

Under Kim Jong-il, the country's isolation from the outside world has become entrenched.

Mr Kim has built up a personality cult around his family, while North Korea's economy has all but ceased to function and its people suffer from frequent food shortages.
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 11:44 am

Tim wrote:
China is huge and NK is tiny. I don't really see it as a buffer between us and them

look at a map if there was to be an attack into China from the west it would be throguh NK. Its also a short distance from our good ally Japan. Size dosent matter in this case. Its a crucial, strategic location. The Nazis went through the tiny Ardennes forest to by pass the Maginot line and invade all of France.

Last edited by pintsogin on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7872
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 11:47 am

I don't want no war
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 3:18 pm

North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs - Page 2 45104_145015472196064_100000628360129_279082_3752850_n
Back to top Go down
raptorsaurus
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
raptorsaurus

Male Number of posts : 3197
Cool Points : 8693
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 3:42 am

So what's the deal with the bombing?
Back to top Go down
hlflp360
Untouchable
Untouchable
hlflp360

Male Number of posts : 464
Cool Points : 5865
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 12:50 pm

raptorsaurus wrote:
So what's the deal with the bombing?

north korea is just fucking crazy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
raptorsaurus
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
raptorsaurus

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 2:23 pm

Well, I guess they have been at war for a really long time. I remember in social studies (when I was awake) that the reason why the USA wont agree to the international landmine removal thing is because they have tons of mines along the korean border. That's pretty cool I guess.
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 2:37 pm

from what ive heard its all to show that their not push overs. They have a new leader, new nuclear facility and then this.
Back to top Go down
raptorsaurus
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
raptorsaurus

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 2:39 pm

Why don't they just blow things up in the middle of nowhere, like USA and USSR did back in the cold war, instead of shooting stuff at people.

In the end, it's like a "my penis is bigger than yours" type thing.
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 2:56 pm

NK is way crazier then the leaders of the cold war. They literally don't give a fuck about their civilian population and probably their own soldiers.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 2:59 pm

Sarah Palin says you guys should defend your allies, the mighty North Koreans. Yep.
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 3:03 pm

yeah shes dumb as fuck. I hope she continues saying dumb shit so her chances of becoming president are diminished, and its funny.
Back to top Go down
raptorsaurus
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
raptorsaurus

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 8:11 pm

How the fuck is someone that dumb?

Remember how in elementary school the teacher said "anyone can become president (well prime minister in Canada)"? That saying is more true than we'd like it to be.
Back to top Go down
hyperballad
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
hyperballad

Female Number of posts : 3318
Cool Points : 7484
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 12:08 am

raptorsaurus wrote:
Why don't they just blow things up in the middle of nowhere, like USA and USSR did back in the cold war, instead of shooting stuff at people.

In the end, it's like a "my penis is bigger than yours" type thing.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:29 am

http://kimjongillookingatthings.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 5:52 am

Well then, that was the end of Kim Jong-il.
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 4:22 pm

everyone bernie.

Back to top Go down
ThusSpokeYourFace
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ThusSpokeYourFace

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 11:14 am

I was expecting some jokes or something on here.
Like, 'he was Il for so long I'm surprised he made it to 69"

Or 'I guess they should have named him "Kim Jong Healthy."

North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs - Page 2 Lolmem10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2