Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs

Go down 
+5
blake
pintsogin
ThusSpokeYourFace
Tim
Aaron
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

Male Number of posts : 3490
Cool Points : 9216
Registration date : 2009-11-12

North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs Empty
PostSubject: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 1:52 pm

Supposedly. And yes, I was aware of this 'news' when it was still new Razz

This is gonna be fun discussing how we're closer to nuclear holocaust this time tomorrow.

So it's probably going to be the short fucker's son, Kim Jong-un, but some analysts suggest we could be surprised, with the de facto leadership possibly going to Kim's brother-in-law, Chang Sung-taek, who is in charge of the military or something.

So, are we still fucked?
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

Male Number of posts : 4431
Cool Points : 10177
Registration date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 2:09 pm

Quote :
but some analysts suggest we could be surprised

It's going to be Elmo. That red fur is no coincidence.

North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs KuA3p
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Timsalabimbo
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 2:13 pm

He's actually got blonde fur, but it's covered in blood permanently.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 2:16 pm

But in all seriousness, what the hell is a poor country like North Korea going to do against the rest of the world? Luxembourg invading Belgium seems more likely to me.
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 2:26 pm

Yeah, they're like the tough kid in the playground... against three hundred tougher kids. Oh, except Kim is actually a totally childish wanker.
Back to top Go down
ThusSpokeYourFace
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ThusSpokeYourFace

Female Number of posts : 2322
Cool Points : 7994
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 7:12 pm

I'm not all that worried about North Korea nuking us.
I mean, maybe them starting some kind of conflict that spreads is a realistic concern because they are constantly threatening Japan and South Korea, and then there's the fact that if we do anything to them China might not like it, and all that shit...I mean there's no question it's a somewhat dangerous situation..
But still I don't think they're all that scary to us in particular.
I'm more concerned about what's going to happen to them domestically when/if everything falls apart there. I mean, the extent of the control that the government exerts over the North Koreans and the extent to which they've managed to isolate them from the global community is pretty remarkable, and you can't maintain a society like that forever. At least, it seems unlikely. And I just wonder how volatile it's going to be there when/if all of that falls apart.

edit:So Aaron you've probably seen this/know this already but I just watched this video
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11384688

And they said that Kim Jong Il's first son isn't considered fit for the job because he tried to go to Japan to see some kind of disney theme park thing, and the second one is to 'feminine' which I find pretty funny....other than that it wasn't particularly informative.
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

Male Number of posts : 3158
Cool Points : 8116
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 8:57 pm

I agree with Spokes
We had this whole discussion in class about reunification of the Koreas and whether or not the world wants that and we pretty much agreed, no. When West and East Germany reunited there were tons of problems b/c the Russian half was so dominated by Communism. Same would probably happen but 10x worse if all the sudden NK gov. fell apart. I heard that North Koreans didnt even know man had landed on the moon. Idk if that's true but if it is think about how impossible it would be to integrate them into the modern world. South Korea would be fucked. Best bet is the next guy just like to flash his tech-9 once in a while.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Pollard/209701715
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 2:52 am

Pintsogin makes a good point. If the Korea's reunited everybody would just leave the northern part and go south. And the north needs a lot of fixing up.
North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs QOLfW

ThusSpokeYourFace wrote:
and then there's the fact that if we do anything to them China might not like it
I don't know about that. I don't think they are best friends, since North Korea destroyed the bridges connecting them to China.
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 11:43 am

I don't see why they couldn't reunite. Sure it'd be bad at first but in the long-run it'd be muuuuch better for everybody there, and they're the only real victims in the situation.
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 12:32 pm

Great minds, baby I love you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 12:34 pm

pizza wrote:
There were also a lot of hurdles in the process of reunification in Germany but in retrospect, it was worth it.

The people in the east of your country do not agree. In fact, they would love to go back to communism, because at least they had jobs.
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 12:51 pm

I know a number of Russians and ppl from former USSR states. Most say their parents wouldn't mind going back to Communism.

if they ended up reunifying SK would be drained in pretty much every way, and the US would be expected to help out. Probably by investing billions of dollars we don't have.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 1:17 pm

Last year a Dutch journalist, Jelle Brandt Corstius, made documentary about Russia and the countryside was completely drained of life after communism left. He said he encoutered about 200 ghost towns during the making of the show. All the young people had left for the big cities and left the elders to die. I think the same thing is going to happen if you'd reunite the Korea's. Although I'm not saying the people of North Korea don't deserve better I don't think something radical would make it a better place.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 2:20 pm

And provided for jobs.

I'm not saying the DDR was great or anything, but at least they had jobs. What do they have now?
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 2:31 pm

I love how you italicise the wrong words Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 2:51 pm

Jong-un is now General. First time he's been mentioned at ALL officially.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11417016
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2010/09/reuters-kim-jong-ils-youngest-son-named-general-in-n-korean-succession-signal/1
http://www.nationalpost.com/news/North+Korea+leader+named+general/3586202/story.html
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 4:21 pm

Where did I say they didn't have full employment in the Third Reich? They had it before that, but not since Germany reunited. The switch back to "freedom" is where it went wrong for the people in eastern Germany. The big difference is that now they don't have jobs. But hey, at least they can say it sucks without being killed!

Aaron wrote:
Jong-un is now General. First time he's been mentioned at ALL officially.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11417016
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2010/09/reuters-kim-jong-ils-youngest-son-named-general-in-n-korean-succession-signal/1
http://www.nationalpost.com/news/North+Korea+leader+named+general/3586202/story.html

So Jong-il is still in charge?
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 4:27 pm

Yeah he'll probably be in charge until he dies, and even then I think his brother-in-law will effectively be running the country, cos Jong-un is so inexperienced. He'll probably still be announced as the next leader tomorrow though.
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 4:42 pm

then there's the military/international relations factor. China likes NK b/c its a buffer between us and them. They wouldn't handle a downfall well.

Last edited by pintsogin on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
blake
Untouchable
Untouchable
blake

Male Number of posts : 490
Cool Points : 5685
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 4:45 pm

just nuke the bastards already
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 5:07 pm

Aaron wrote:
Yeah he'll probably be in charge until he dies, and even then I think his brother-in-law will effectively be running the country, cos Jong-un is so inexperienced. He'll probably still be announced as the next leader tomorrow though.

But isn't Kim Jong-il's dad still in charge as the only dead head of nation in the world? It's getting real complicated now tongue
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 5:34 pm

Tim wrote:
Aaron wrote:

But isn't Kim Jong-il's dad still in charge as the only dead head of nation in the world? It's getting real complicated now tongue

Yeah but he wasn't so much of a prick Razz
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 5:35 pm

blake wrote:
just nuke the bastards already

Why would you say that? Rolling Eyes

It's not as though it's the poor fuckers living there who have done anything. The only bad North Koreans in the world are the government, who let millions die for their own selfishness. By selfishness, I mean the kind of prick who's running the country that employs people to make sure that his rice grains are the exact same shape and size, who had thousands put to death for not crying at his father's death, etc.

silent
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 5:39 pm

Aaron, I've got some pictures from North Korea. Should I post them here?
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 5:43 pm

Of course you should baby. I so wish I could take North Korean studies at uni Sad

I'll just read books. I'll post the propaganda I've got. They're so fucking cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs   North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

North Korea's new leader to be named in the next 24 hrs
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next