Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question regarding The Original Cowboy and singles

Go down 
+4
Aaron
Kerminator
raptorsaurus
joltman
8 posters
AuthorMessage
joltman
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Number of posts : 8
Cool Points : 5177
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Question regarding The Original Cowboy and singles Empty
PostSubject: Question regarding The Original Cowboy and singles   Question regarding The Original Cowboy and singles Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 8:40 am

I'm finally starting to get into Against Me, I've seen them live a few times and loved it, though I didn't really get into the albums until just recently. Anyway, when I get into a band, I tend to get obsessive right away and figure out their entire discography. In doing such, I came across a question that I couldn't find the answer to. Are any of the versions of the songs on The Original Cowboy the same as the versions on the Cavalier Eternal and Sink, Florida, Sink singles?
Back to top Go down
raptorsaurus
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
raptorsaurus

Male Number of posts : 3197
Cool Points : 8701
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding The Original Cowboy and singles   Question regarding The Original Cowboy and singles Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 8:50 am

The singles are different versions. The Original Cowboy are the demos from Eternal Cowboy.
Back to top Go down
Kerminator
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
Kerminator

Male Number of posts : 10
Cool Points : 5230
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding The Original Cowboy and singles   Question regarding The Original Cowboy and singles Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 10:20 am

The song Cavalier Eternal is the same on As The Eternal Cowboy and The Original Cowboy. From what I understand they liked the demo version better than what they recorded for the album.
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

Male Number of posts : 3490
Cool Points : 9224
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding The Original Cowboy and singles   Question regarding The Original Cowboy and singles Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:10 am

Also, the version of Unsubstantiated Rumours on Original Cowboy is very similar to the version on the Sink, FL, Sink Single version.
Back to top Go down
joltman
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Number of posts : 8
Cool Points : 5177
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding The Original Cowboy and singles   Question regarding The Original Cowboy and singles Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:24 pm

Thanks for the responses! A quick related question, is the acoustic version of You Look Like I Need a Drink on the Cavalier Eternal single the same as the version on the Take Action Volume 4 comp?
Back to top Go down
telegraphrocks
From Her Lips to God's Ears
telegraphrocks

Male Number of posts : 177
Cool Points : 5943
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding The Original Cowboy and singles   Question regarding The Original Cowboy and singles Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 4:55 pm

Yes, it is... BUT, the acoustic version of "You Look Like I Need A Drink" on the Wrecktrospective compilation (2009 Fat Wreck Chords... www.fatwreck.com) is different.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pjsdisco
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

Male Number of posts : 4431
Cool Points : 10185
Registration date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding The Original Cowboy and singles   Question regarding The Original Cowboy and singles Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 5:39 pm

telegraphrocks wrote:
Yes, it is... BUT, the acoustic version of "You Look Like I Need A Drink" on the Wrecktrospective compilation (2009 Fat Wreck Chords... www.fatwreck.com) is different.

Yes, that is a demo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Timsalabimbo
nickno
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
nickno

Male Number of posts : 1232
Cool Points : 6931
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding The Original Cowboy and singles   Question regarding The Original Cowboy and singles Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:30 pm

The Original Cowboy is the demo version of As the Eternal Cowboy. Cavalier Eternal is the same on both of them, but not on the Cavalier Eternal Single. Sink, FL, Sink isn't on The Original Cowboy. Unsubstained Rumors has 3 officially released versions. The Original Cowboy demo, ATEC acoustic, the Sink, FL, Sink electric version.

You Look Like I need a Drink also has 3 versions. The Fatwreck acoustic demo, the Cavalier demo and ATEC electric version.
Back to top Go down
Meeg
Meeg

Number of posts : 136
Cool Points : 5305
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding The Original Cowboy and singles   Question regarding The Original Cowboy and singles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:18 am

Just before i get myself banned for insulting idiots, I'd like to say that I absolutely LOVE the acoustic version of You Look Like I Need a Drink. Damn, that song is awesome. Sometimes I think my perfect As The Eternal Cowboy would feature that instead of the electric version.. To keep the acoustic/electric songs ratio the same, I'd also replace the album version of Sink, Florida Sink with the electric version from the single. Love the woah-oh vocals on that, and the extra percussive parts are a real treat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding The Original Cowboy and singles   Question regarding The Original Cowboy and singles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question regarding The Original Cowboy and singles
Page 1 of 1