Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others)

Go down 
+29
Stevie K
JessBowles
Johnny99
ThusSpokeYourFace
raptorsaurus
Chops4569
saturninesky
blake
JoshRaymond
ashley
iloveyourmom
Pants
Aaron
laurendelore
Bomolozo
whiteperson4peace
Daggar Slade
cooljayhu
Toadvine
hyperballad
Mike
WWD4D?
Knate
Ana
StoolPigeon
pintsogin
Ross
Tim
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7871
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others)   Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:42 am

I love dykes.
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

Male Number of posts : 3158
Cool Points : 8115
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others)   Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 1:36 pm

how often do you get to see Against Me!? where do you go to see them or any band?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Pollard/209701715
hyperballad
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
hyperballad

Female Number of posts : 3318
Cool Points : 7483
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others)   Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 1:53 pm

Tim wrote:
Well... most of the city centres are quite awesome. Cities like Groningen, Utrecht, Maastricht, Leiden they have these old buildings and architecture. Leiden also has I believe the biggest museum of the country. In Utrecht and Groningen there is a small, but active music scene and you can go out every night. These things are possible in Amsterdam too, but that is WAAAAAAAAAAAY more expensive and there is a bigger risk of you getting mugged, raped and/or murdered than in the other cities. We have about 100 murders each year and 20 of them are in Amsterdam, another 15 in Rotterdam and the rest is spread over the country.

You can go to a province in the north called Friesland (Fryslan in their language). They have many lakes. You can rent a boat and sail them. In this time of year carnaval is a big thing is the southern provinces (Noord-Brabant, Limburg). They'll party for weeks dressed in silly outfits. It's like Halloween, but longer.

And if you're interested in structures in water to prevent flooding, you might want to check out the Afsluitdijk: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afsluitdijk Or the Delta Works: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_Works
Thanks for that information, especially about the music scene. A good music scene is crucial for me.

I also want to meet a hot European guy, and I think a Dutch guy would be awesome. Someone make this dream come true! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

Male Number of posts : 4431
Cool Points : 10176
Registration date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others)   Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 2:19 pm

Well, a "good" music scene...

It's mostly metal or indie-pop.

-edit- And a ton of coverbands

And I'm already taken Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Timsalabimbo
hyperballad
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
hyperballad

Female Number of posts : 3318
Cool Points : 7483
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others)   Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 4:35 pm

I'm sure there are other Dutchmen in the world!

Pssh, why was my post neg'd? Don't hate on a girl for pursuing a dream!!!
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others)   Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 5:14 pm

Pozzed it.

And it's true, there are more of us. Our country is overcrowded.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others)   Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 5:19 pm

pintsogin wrote:
how often do you get to see Against Me!? where do you go to see them or any band?

I have never seen Against Me!

AM and most other bands I like hardly ever come here and if they do they only come to Amsterdam. I live on the other side of the country and I don't have the money to travel to Amsterdam, let alone enough money for a ticket. Only the richer bands come here. We have one big venue where bands like System of a Down and bands with a similar reputation come. Like I said somewhere in this topic; metal and indie bands are popular. Hardly anyone likes punk and/or folk punk so the venue in my city doesn't try to get bands like AM! here, because there will only be about five people there, if I count myself for two persons.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others)   Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:32 pm

StoolPigeon wrote:
I have questions, but no time.

Later.

Do you still have these questions?
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

Male Number of posts : 6265
Cool Points : 10188
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others)   Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:31 pm

Most of them have been answered. I'll think of some more real good ones, though. Cool
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others)   Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 7:26 am

BRING IT ON!
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

Male Number of posts : 3158
Cool Points : 8115
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others)   Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:27 am

are dutch girls hot?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Pollard/209701715
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others)   Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 11:28 am

Mine is Razz

I don't really notice it, but I have heard foreigners saying they are. But we have enough normal and ugly people too.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others)   Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:55 pm

So...

Questions anyone?
Back to top Go down
Mike
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Male Number of posts : 3153
Cool Points : 7531
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others)   Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:51 pm

Is your government actually falling apart right now? Explain the situation to me.
Back to top Go down
Toadvine
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Toadvine

Male Number of posts : 1167
Cool Points : 6912
Registration date : 2008-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others)   Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:05 pm

There's a city just north of Houston called The Woodlands. Not Woodlands but THE Woodlands. Their high school is TWHS, and every legal form of theirs refers to it as The Woodlands, TX. Is that how it is with The Netherlands? And to avoid confusion can I call it Holland and not get yelled at?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/graham.taylor.90
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others)   Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:16 am

Mike wrote:
Is your government actually falling apart right now? Explain the situation to me.

It has already happened. Here's what happened [/Adrian Monk]

They were discussing about the Afghanistan situation (about staying there longer or not) and one of the three government parties found out that the minister of defense went to the NATO without discussing it with the Parliament. So that party lost faith in the government and was backed by the opposition. After nightlong talks they decided to resign and because that party had multiple people as ministers our government collapsed.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others)   Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:22 am

Toadvine wrote:
There's a city just north of Houston called The Woodlands. Not Woodlands but THE Woodlands. Their high school is TWHS, and every legal form of theirs refers to it as The Woodlands, TX. Is that how it is with The Netherlands? And to avoid confusion can I call it Holland and not get yelled at?

Our counrtry is called THE Netherlands because in the Dark Ages all of our provinces were small countries just like modern day Liechtenstein and Luxemburg. Seven (nine if you include modern day Belgium) of those small countries decided (some were forced to) to become one country called The Netherlands. Just like the United States, but on a much smaller scale.

And you can call it Holland without being kicked in the head, but I wouldn't recommend it. If you are in the actual Holland people wouldn't mind, but in other parts people might not want to talk to you again. To be save, just call it The Netherlands.
Back to top Go down
cooljayhu
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
cooljayhu

Male Number of posts : 1492
Cool Points : 7088
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others)   Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:04 pm

how do you feel about Sven Kramer?
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others)   Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:10 pm

He's incredibly good.
Back to top Go down
cooljayhu
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
cooljayhu

Male Number of posts : 1492
Cool Points : 7088
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others)   Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:35 pm

didn't you see the epic fuckup in the 10000m race?
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others)   Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 7:51 am

His coach failed.
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

Male Number of posts : 6265
Cool Points : 10188
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others)   Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 4:49 pm

You failed.

>_>
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others)   Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 4:51 pm

NEVAR!

Also, did you think of any questions?
Back to top Go down
Daggar Slade
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Daggar Slade

Male Number of posts : 2827
Cool Points : 7791
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others)   Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 5:15 pm

Tim the Enchanter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/daggar_slade
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others)   Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 5:22 pm

Hi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others)   Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tim: Cultural Learnings of Netherlands for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA (and others)
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next