Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar

Go down 
+5
e6c
BettyOakes
arollo
lhdez
kropotkin
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kropotkin
Untouchable
Untouchable
kropotkin

Male Number of posts : 357
Cool Points : 5884
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar Empty
PostSubject: Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar   Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 3:23 am

Hey all - VERY glad to have found this forum! Finally!

Anyhow - the name's Chris and I am an English teacher from Canada [Montreal, Quebec] living and working at a Canadian College in Doha, Qatar. This is year 3 in Doha, and I also did 2 years in Saudi.

I have emailed AM! to get them over here, there is a Dunestock in Dubai with major bands every year, something like in "Amputations":

'A festival in the desert, people singing people dancing.'

Anyway, they have said they would come - I hope it's true! It would be awesome to sing WHITE PEOPLE FOR PEACE just next door to Iraq and East Asia.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pedesx
lhdez
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
lhdez

Male Number of posts : 787
Cool Points : 6031
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar   Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 3:26 am

Awesome dude, may your dreams come true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar   Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 3:29 am

Badass. Welcome to the forum! Smile
Back to top Go down
kropotkin
Untouchable
Untouchable
kropotkin

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar   Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 11:38 pm

Thanks guys - good to be here.
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

Female Number of posts : 2008
Cool Points : 6007
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar   Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 11:49 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
BettyOakes
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
BettyOakes

Female Number of posts : 823
Cool Points : 5961
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar   Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:49 am

horay against me is everywhere!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/oneislonelywhenucantcount
e6c
Untouchable
Untouchable
e6c

Male Number of posts : 466
Cool Points : 5881
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar   Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 5:36 am

This forum is truly global. We have members in Qatar, Germany (me), Holland, Canada and of course the States.

Last edited by e6c on Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot about Canada.... eh)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/e6c
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar   Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 6:56 am

e6c wrote:
This forum is truly global. We have members in Qatar, Germany (me), Holland, Canada and of course the States.

You will all soon bow to Canada. Prepare for the coming rule of the maple leaf!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7880
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar   Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:14 am

I'd threaten since you missed the UK too, but we haven't been a superpower since sailing ships became uncool.
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar   Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:20 am

JamaicaSka wrote:
I'd threaten since you missed the UK too, but we haven't been a superpower since sailing ships became uncool.

That's okay, a lot of the world still has Elizabeth II on their money. That's got to be a bit of a confidence booster, eh?

She's on the Canadian 20$ note, but bear in mind that the 5$ note has some children playing ice hockey, and a poem about hockey on it...
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7880
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar   Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:37 am

No poem about QEII?

Dang.
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar   Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:50 am

JamaicaSka wrote:
No poem about QEII?

Dang.

Yeah, I don't think she's all that popular. Didn't Australia hold a vote to abandon QE II as their head of state a while back? It was a narrow vote, too.

As far as I know, Canada doesn't really care, since the Governor General is such a fun figure. The current GG is this mad Quebecois woman who replaced all of the paintings of the monarchy in the Governor General's mansion with abstract modernist paintings by French-Canadian painters. There was a bit of a scandal, to which she replied, in short, that she hates the monarchy. And she's the governor general, for fuck's sake!
Back to top Go down
spraypainthero
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
spraypainthero

Male Number of posts : 823
Cool Points : 5992
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar   Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 3:21 am

like the username mate Smile
Back to top Go down
kropotkin
Untouchable
Untouchable
kropotkin

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar   Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:26 am

thanks spraypainthero - your username is way badass too!

And hey - arollo - where did you get that maple lead uber alles picture thing! Looks like a Dead Kennedy's album cover!

God Shave The Queen!
Back to top Go down
kropotkin
Untouchable
Untouchable
kropotkin

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar   Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:27 am

Oh - and the guy in the profile pic is the great PHIL OCHS - it ain't me.
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar   Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:38 am

kropotkin wrote:
And hey - arollo - where did you get that maple lead uber alles picture thing! Looks like a Dead Kennedy's album cover!

I actually have no idea where I got that picture, but I've loved it ever since I came across it in the wilds of the internets. Feel free to take it and spread it around. It's just so insane that people need to see it.
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar   Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:40 am

PHIL OCHES!

I thought that's who that was. I wasn't sure.

I knew some guys in high school who were in a ska band, and they just kept doing covers of his songs. But ska versions.
Back to top Go down
kropotkin
Untouchable
Untouchable
kropotkin

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar   Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:40 am

Phil OCHS actually, no 'e' in there. Wow, ska versions eh? Brilliant! You're in edmonton, my wife just got back from there she is finishing her MA at the U of A, and I worked there for a summer in ESL. How was the AM! show there a while back? I paid for my wife to go to the Vancouver one since my sister is in Vancouver.

I do a cover of his on my myspace page - Pedestrian X - the music sucks but hey, we all need hobbies. The cover is only in video form.
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar   Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:38 am

I didn't go see AM! open for the Foo Fighters because it cost too much.

Their last headlining tour was cool, though. It was at the U of A, I camped out at the campus bar all day with my wife. And AM! put on a killer show. The crowd was kind of lame, there was a large contingent of rednecks from out in the boonies who only came into the big city because they heard there was a punk show going on, which means they get to take their shirts off and start fights. So that was lame. But overall it was a killer show. The crowd sang "Sink Florida Sink" before the band came out. I think they actually waited until the song was over to come out, you could kind of tell they were enjoying the massive love coming out of the crowd through that song. It was a cool moment.

The next time they are coming through is on Warped Tour, and that's in Calgary, so I'll miss that too. I hope they get on a headlining tour in the fall and make it back. I needs me some more Against Me!
Back to top Go down
kropotkin
Untouchable
Untouchable
kropotkin

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar   Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:58 am

Who else played with them during that headlining tour?
Back to top Go down
ClockworkRobot
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
ClockworkRobot

Female Number of posts : 1300
Cool Points : 6080
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar   Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:55 pm

kropotkin wrote:
Hey all - VERY glad to have found this forum! Finally!

Anyhow - the name's Chris and I am an English teacher from Canada [Montreal, Quebec] living and working at a Canadian College in Doha, Qatar. This is year 3 in Doha, and I also did 2 years in Saudi.

I have emailed AM! to get them over here, there is a Dunestock in Dubai with major bands every year, something like in "Amputations":

'A festival in the desert, people singing people dancing.'

Anyway, they have said they would come - I hope it's true! It would be awesome to sing WHITE PEOPLE FOR PEACE just next door to Iraq and East Asia.
I would totally come out there if that happened. It's probably about as close to my dad's homeland as I'd ever get! LOL.

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
kropotkin
Untouchable
Untouchable
kropotkin

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar   Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 2:40 am

Where is your dad from Clockwork? I am hoping to get them to the Dubai one, I should get on that. Tom did send me an email telling me he would do his best. That's enough for me!
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar   Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 2:46 am

kropotkin wrote:
Who else played with them during that headlining tour?

It was the Riverboat Gamblers/Fake Problems tour.

One band was great, one was really silly and embarassing.

But still, a good line up.
Back to top Go down
kropotkin
Untouchable
Untouchable
kropotkin

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar   Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 2:58 am

Yeah - so that was recent. You like the Gamblers? I can't get into them for some reason.
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar   Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 3:12 am

kropotkin wrote:
Yeah - so that was recent. You like the Gamblers? I can't get into them for some reason.

I actually don't know which band I liked. I think the Gainesville band was the good one, the Texas band was not good.

And to be honest, the band from Gainesville sounded like every other Gainesville band. I just happen to like the Gainesville sound, is all. But I can totally understand not being able to get into them, you'd have to sit through a lot of shows in Gainesville to sort of "get it", and even then, it's more about the memories associated with sitting through a thousand bad punk bands than the music itself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar   Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Against Me! fan in Doha, Qatar
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Against Me! Forum :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself!-
Jump to: