Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FNG (F*cking New Guy)

Go down 
+14
ashley
Johnny99
Odell
Ross
StoolPigeon
Toadvine
Ana
ska_sean
Tim
ThusSpokeYourFace
lex
Mike
Daggar Slade
SolemnPsycho
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SolemnPsycho
From Her Lips to God's Ears
SolemnPsycho

Male Number of posts : 141
Cool Points : 5394
Registration date : 2009-12-10

FNG (F*cking New Guy) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FNG (F*cking New Guy)   FNG (F*cking New Guy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 3:57 am

I don't know I never really understood why fans got mad with fat and sire. I mean the way I saw it, it just meant Tom could spread the message to more people and make some money. But he changed the message. I understand people change but when he did the music went with him and lost my and a lot of other people's interest.

I always kinda look at tom with a weird respect I think deep down he's still an anarchist. Just with the wife, his friends. He wants to take care of them. Plus he's always had that self conflict thing. Always questions everything about himself. I mean u can see that clearly if u read his blog. And the fans treating him like shit. Being high and mighty cuz they're anarchists (kinda ironic). He kinda just gave it up. I know on his blog though he kinda mentions how misguided he was as a teenager but always wishes he could go back to those years of passion. I always love looking at the screens for his first demo tape where it says "Against Me! is Tom Gabel" it hasn't really changed. I mean more then almost any other band it really is down to him. I'm not mad at him for going mainstream just dissapointed. Wish him the best of luck always.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Male Number of posts : 3153
Cool Points : 7540
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: FNG (F*cking New Guy)   FNG (F*cking New Guy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 4:03 am

also what gets lost is how fucking amazing White Crosses is gonna be.

it's got a shot to be their best record
Back to top Go down
Toadvine
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Toadvine

Male Number of posts : 1167
Cool Points : 6921
Registration date : 2008-10-20

PostSubject: Re: FNG (F*cking New Guy)   FNG (F*cking New Guy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 4:21 am

Truth.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/graham.taylor.90
Odell

Male Number of posts : 140
Cool Points : 5448
Registration date : 2009-11-17

PostSubject: Re: FNG (F*cking New Guy)   FNG (F*cking New Guy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 1:21 pm

How old are you?
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Johnny99

Male Number of posts : 2868
Cool Points : 7819
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: FNG (F*cking New Guy)   FNG (F*cking New Guy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 1:23 pm

SolemnPsycho wrote:
I don't know I never really understood why fans got mad with fat and sire. I mean the way I saw it, it just meant Tom could spread the message to more people and make some money. But he changed the message. I understand people change but when he did the music went with him and lost my and a lot of other people's interest.

I always kinda look at tom with a weird respect I think deep down he's still an anarchist. Just with the wife, his friends. He wants to take care of them. Plus he's always had that self conflict thing. Always questions everything about himself. I mean u can see that clearly if u read his blog. And the fans treating him like shit. Being high and mighty cuz they're anarchists (kinda ironic). He kinda just gave it up. I know on his blog though he kinda mentions how misguided he was as a teenager but always wishes he could go back to those years of passion. I always love looking at the screens for his first demo tape where it says "Against Me! is Tom Gabel" it hasn't really changed. I mean more then almost any other band it really is down to him. I'm not mad at him for going mainstream just dissapointed. Wish him the best of luck always.

ehh i dunno..
back then against me! was tom gabel.
but its grown into much more than just Tom.
if it hadn't everyone wouldn't have been so bummed when warren left.
Back to top Go down
SolemnPsycho
SolemnPsycho

PostSubject: Re: FNG (F*cking New Guy)   FNG (F*cking New Guy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 8:35 pm

Mike I dunno about white crosses. I really mean that I'm optimistic but I just don't know. I won't be able to listen to teenage anarchist though. It'll just make me cry no shit. I kinda humor the idea that tom and I could meet at a protest yelling kill whitey. Its not gonna happen but, reminding me is just a bummer. Even if its a good song.

Johnny I still think AM! is truly Tom Gabel. I mean I think the best stuff came with him and kevin but truth is the patterns the band follows are what he causes. I mean he really defines the music. And the band. He is AM!. imo

Anarchyintheus I kinda do the same thing, I view most of Tom's work as poetry. I mean I kinda got teary eyed when I read the lyrics to I am citizen for the first time and did it again when I listened to it. He is a poet at heart no doubt. Pisses me off to. I wrote before I even knew AM! existed. Now every time I write I'm like "well its good but it aint no tom gabel".

Odell I turned 17 today, so happy fucking birthday to me.
Back to top Go down
Odell

PostSubject: Re: FNG (F*cking New Guy)   FNG (F*cking New Guy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 8:37 pm

Yea, i figured.makes sense.
Back to top Go down
SolemnPsycho
SolemnPsycho

PostSubject: Re: FNG (F*cking New Guy)   FNG (F*cking New Guy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 8:42 pm

What that I'm young?
Back to top Go down
Odell

PostSubject: Re: FNG (F*cking New Guy)   FNG (F*cking New Guy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 8:47 pm

I just had a feeling.Its all good. I guessed 16, and you turned 17 today
Back to top Go down
ashley
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ashley

Female Number of posts : 2267
Cool Points : 7785
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: FNG (F*cking New Guy)   FNG (F*cking New Guy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 9:37 pm

SolemnPsycho wrote:
I turned 17 today, so

happy fucking birthday
Back to top Go down
Toadvine
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Toadvine

PostSubject: Re: FNG (F*cking New Guy)   FNG (F*cking New Guy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 6:27 am

17... jesus that was only 2 years ago for me >_< feels like forever though. Happy birthday.
And you can call me Graham, I hate my name on here for some reason, maybe because I made it as a joke and ended up becoming attached to the account.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

Male Number of posts : 4431
Cool Points : 10185
Registration date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: FNG (F*cking New Guy)   FNG (F*cking New Guy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 7:29 am

anarchyintheUS wrote:
17... jesus that was only 2 years ago for me >_< feels like forever though. Happy birthday.
And you can call me Graham, I hate my name on here for some reason, maybe because I made it as a joke and ended up becoming attached to the account.

You can ask Lex to change it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Timsalabimbo
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7880
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: FNG (F*cking New Guy)   FNG (F*cking New Guy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 9:22 am

=+=\ First name buddies! /=+=
Back to top Go down
Daggar Slade
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Daggar Slade

Male Number of posts : 2827
Cool Points : 7800
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: FNG (F*cking New Guy)   FNG (F*cking New Guy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 9:28 am

I got my first and middle name.... can I be your cousin...?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/daggar_slade
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

PostSubject: Re: FNG (F*cking New Guy)   FNG (F*cking New Guy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 9:50 am

A middle name could be said to be an extension of the first name really so...

I think you're more than welcome inda "budz".
Back to top Go down
Daggar Slade
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Daggar Slade

Male Number of posts : 2827
Cool Points : 7800
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: FNG (F*cking New Guy)   FNG (F*cking New Guy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 10:03 am

This calls for smoking a bowl. I dedicate this one to Ross Whyman. Dank you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/daggar_slade
Knate
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Knate

Male Number of posts : 1902
Cool Points : 7526
Registration date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: FNG (F*cking New Guy)   FNG (F*cking New Guy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 3:49 pm

i'm still fucking drunk to type anything long. but either way, you'll still find a reason to write a paragraph to try to prove how cool you are to a bunch of people you'll never meet. in your mind, you'll always be right no matter what everyone elses feelings are about how the world works and the way you think it should. but hey, you're 17. it's all good.

right?

hi, i'm Knate. don't mind me.. i just put hot sauce in my milk by accident.
Back to top Go down
SolemnPsycho
SolemnPsycho

PostSubject: Re: FNG (F*cking New Guy)   FNG (F*cking New Guy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 8:52 pm

Ok graham it is.

And Knate I just sorta tend to ramble. And I like the incoherent crazy talk. I'm a firm beleiver in it. But yeah. I don't have any real answers.
Back to top Go down
Toadvine
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Toadvine

PostSubject: Re: FNG (F*cking New Guy)   FNG (F*cking New Guy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 10:58 pm

Tim wrote:

You can ask Lex to change it.

Oh... nifty! I'll get right on that... sometime this week.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

PostSubject: Re: FNG (F*cking New Guy)   FNG (F*cking New Guy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 11:22 pm

Daggar Slade wrote:
This calls for smoking a bowl. I dedicate this one to Ross Whyman. Dank you.

I vote this, heavily. I love you.

Blaze away!
Back to top Go down
ThusSpokeYourFace
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ThusSpokeYourFace

Female Number of posts : 2322
Cool Points : 8002
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: FNG (F*cking New Guy)   FNG (F*cking New Guy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 3:29 pm

I think the new anarchy guy is entitled to his opinion.
Different people have different conceptions of what music should be like.
Of course White Crosses is not going to be anything like Crime or Reinventing Axl Rose.
I think it'll be good, but it just depends on your preferences and expectations.
And its okay that you want all your favorite musicians to be idealistic anarchists, and all that stuff, but you're going to be disappointed.

As far as 'the message' of his music, I don't think its changed that much. And anyway, peoples' beliefs change as they get older and more mature and experience what a fucked up place the world is, and come to understand that your ideals don't always mesh with reality. That seems to be what a lot of Against Me!'s music deals with.
Back to top Go down
Anthony
Untouchable
Untouchable
Anthony

Male Number of posts : 383
Cool Points : 5942
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: FNG (F*cking New Guy)   FNG (F*cking New Guy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 4:18 pm

I keep getting hung up on the fact that the topic creator acts as though he was personally betrayed by Tom even though he openly admits that he didn't know who AM! was prior to the Sire signing.
SolemnPsycho wrote:
When they sold out or signed with sire however you look at it. That was when the music really lost my interest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.recordnerd.com/lists/teenage_punching_bag/#3294469
SolemnPsycho
SolemnPsycho

PostSubject: Re: FNG (F*cking New Guy)   FNG (F*cking New Guy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 4:40 pm

Yeah thusspoke, I know but I'm an idealist and realist rolled up into one. So I know tom's not exactly headstrong anarchist anymore but I admit I wish he was.

And anthony I don't feek personally betrayed just kinda bumbed. And it was funny the first AM! album I had was new wave. Thought it was ok but nothing special. I started getting into anarchy hard like maybe a year before that. Then someone told me AM! used to be really anarchistic. Naturally my reaction was like "Really?". So it was like the timing combined with the power of the music and lyrics that made me just think fuck we lost one of the good ones. I mean what few anarchists we have are mostly self-righteous pompous assholes (ironic?). Like the guy with the crass shirt tom got into a scuffle with and the guy called the cops?

Sorta brings up another point if I just gave someone new wave, would they have any idea that the guy who wrote even used to be an anarchist? Or for that fact that he was a good writer. New wave as a whole failed for tom gabel. Which is to say pretty good for music in general.
Back to top Go down
SolemnPsycho
SolemnPsycho

PostSubject: Re: FNG (F*cking New Guy)   FNG (F*cking New Guy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 4:48 pm

Anyone reading this if you could answer my I need advice question that would be amazing. And I promise to shower gifts upon you.
Back to top Go down
Odell

PostSubject: Re: FNG (F*cking New Guy)   FNG (F*cking New Guy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 4:50 pm

WHO FUCKING CARES.

obviously you liked new wave enough to listen to more of AM! so dont sit here and tell me they used to be this that and all the other bullshit.

they put out an album that showed some progression of a band. get over it. its done boohoo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FNG (F*cking New Guy)   FNG (F*cking New Guy) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FNG (F*cking New Guy)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Against Me! Forum :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself!-
Jump to: