Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

White People For Peace

Go down 
+7
timbop711
ThusSpokeYourFace
Mike
nickno
lex
laurendelore
Avery
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Avery
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
Avery

Male Number of posts : 18
Cool Points : 5490
Registration date : 2009-06-04

White People For Peace Empty
PostSubject: White People For Peace   White People For Peace Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:28 pm

Sorry if there alredy was one of these, i just can't find it anywhere. I know Tom isn't a racist or anything like that, so whats with the title?
By the way, this song is awesome.
Back to top Go down
laurendelore
juicebox romeo
laurendelore

Female Number of posts : 1185
Cool Points : 6918
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: White People For Peace   White People For Peace Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:38 pm

Well the song is kind of like a protest song that talks about how ineffective protest songs are. I remember reading some interview with Tom where he said the title was poking fun at people, including himself, who protested the war and cried for peace, but were still going home to their nice homes and their own privileges at the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7597
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: White People For Peace   White People For Peace Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:55 am

Protest songs do jack shit basically. I believe that's what the song is saying.
Back to top Go down
nickno
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
nickno

Male Number of posts : 1232
Cool Points : 6931
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: White People For Peace   White People For Peace Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:16 am

this song is underated because all the punx passed it off as the first money grabbin single from new wave.

it'll never be the same this song had warren all over it, very thunderous. anyone remember the video from making of new wave and warren drums this song one handed? amazing.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Male Number of posts : 3153
Cool Points : 7540
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: White People For Peace   White People For Peace Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:28 am

I really love the video for this. The lyrics are solid. Basically it's being painfully sarcastic about all the anti-war songs out there. In the interview where Tom explained all the New Wave songs he said something about how during every album they recorded there was always a war going on.
Back to top Go down
ThusSpokeYourFace
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ThusSpokeYourFace

Female Number of posts : 2322
Cool Points : 8002
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: White People For Peace   White People For Peace Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:21 pm

I effing love this song. I'm not a huge New Wave fan (not that its bad, just not my favorite) but this song is really good. I think it reflects how detached Americans are from the wars that we fight. I mean, everyone, even antiwar activists, are pretty casual about the fact that people are dying and suffering because of our governments actions. Even people in the military unless they have actually been in combat seem to see it as just every day business. And people go out and protest and flash peace signs and listen to John Lennon and shit but then they put gas in their cars and go home and watch American Idol or whatever, without really considering the fact that they're not making much of a difference.

Quote :
he said something about how during every album they recorded there was always a war going on.

Ahem...police action.
Back to top Go down
Avery
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
Avery

Male Number of posts : 18
Cool Points : 5490
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: White People For Peace   White People For Peace Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 11:52 pm

yeah. that's what i thought. PENIS?
Back to top Go down
timbop711
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Number of posts : 3
Cool Points : 5469
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: White People For Peace   White People For Peace Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:28 pm

I always thought this song was specifically about the Vote For Change tour in 2004 where a vast majority of the artists were white.
Back to top Go down
raptorsaurus
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
raptorsaurus

Male Number of posts : 3197
Cool Points : 8701
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: White People For Peace   White People For Peace Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:53 pm

This song has grew on me so much. I started to dig it a lot when I blasted it super loud on my stereo system. It's one of my favorite songs to crank up.
Back to top Go down
Fornikatieng
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Fornikatieng

Female Number of posts : 2109
Cool Points : 7467
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: White People For Peace   White People For Peace Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:21 pm

lol @ white people
Back to top Go down
schampo
Borne on the FM Waves
Borne on the FM Waves

Number of posts : 71
Cool Points : 5062
Registration date : 2010-10-07

PostSubject: Re: White People For Peace   White People For Peace Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:45 am

nickno wrote:
this song is underated because all the punx passed it off as the first money grabbin single from new wave.

it'll never be the same this song had warren all over it, very thunderous. anyone remember the video from making of new wave and warren drums this song one handed? amazing.

I´d really love to see that video!
Does anyone know where I can find it?
Back to top Go down
matt_d84
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Male Number of posts : 16
Cool Points : 5593
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: White People For Peace   White People For Peace Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:03 am

schampo wrote:
nickno wrote:

I´d really love to see that video!
Does anyone know where I can find it?

Aha! I was just watching that video the other day. Warren's part starts at 0:38

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White People For Peace   White People For Peace Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White People For Peace
Page 1 of 1