Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning...

Go down 
+4
impact
spraypainthero
lhdez
BatwithFourStrings
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BatwithFourStrings
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
BatwithFourStrings

Female Number of posts : 28
Cool Points : 5883
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning...   Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 4:16 am

Yeah, I catch myself being a music bitch every once in awhile. I just joke around with my friends about their music and they do it right back, haha.

I once went to a local show and it had a bunch of thrash bands and these boys came and heckled the bands the ENTIRE time. It drove me insane.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7880
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning...   Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 9:28 am

I used to be an elitist asshole, then I realised that I was missing out on A LOT of decent music.
Back to top Go down
BatwithFourStrings
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
BatwithFourStrings

PostSubject: Re: Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning...   Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 5:30 pm

Yeah, I have really random taste in music...so I cant be a bitch about it to other people, haha
Back to top Go down
impact
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
impact

Male Number of posts : 1243
Cool Points : 6059
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning...   Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:04 pm

i have no problem w. 15 year olds. though my experience w. the younger crowd at shows has always been negative. lots of them screaming "your hot" or singing along out of tune or w. wrong lyrics can sure get VERY annoying.
Back to top Go down
BatwithFourStrings
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
BatwithFourStrings

PostSubject: Re: Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning...   Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:35 pm

Yeah, I actually agree with you on that. I try NOT to be that annoying kid that thinks they know everything about the band and is only there to see the "hot" one.
Back to top Go down
impact
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
impact

PostSubject: Re: Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning...   Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:40 pm

yeah, im not trying to single you out or anything, i think its great that you are into good music at 15 (most kids arent) .. but i've encountered this w/ various bands, and it seems to get worse every show i go to. which is why i perfer 18+ and 21+ shows now..
Back to top Go down
BatwithFourStrings
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
BatwithFourStrings

PostSubject: Re: Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning...   Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:45 pm

Oh, no, it's fine. Ive had quite a few of these conversations with people at shows actually. I've been going to random shows since I was about 12 so I get some comments every now and then, haha.

I went to see a Matt & Kim show once and there were a bunch of teenage girls with homeade "Matt is Sexy" t-shirts...my head almost exploded...
Back to top Go down
impact
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
impact

PostSubject: Re: Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning...   Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:55 pm

weird you mention that..

i talked to kim lastnight, and she told me how they planned on coming to san diego for her b-day but had to make changes..
Back to top Go down
BatwithFourStrings
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
BatwithFourStrings

PostSubject: Re: Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning...   Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 8:02 pm

Oh yeah? Im a huge fan of Matt & Kim...my buddy, Nick and I always try to get to whatever shows of theirs we can.
Back to top Go down
atom
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
atom

Male Number of posts : 1880
Cool Points : 5981
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning...   Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 8:45 pm

impact wrote:
yeah, im not trying to single you out or anything, i think its great that you are into good music at 15 (most kids arent) .. but i've encountered this w/ various bands, and it seems to get worse every show i go to. which is why i perfer 18+ and 21+ shows now..

ian mackaye would hate you for that last statement haha
Back to top Go down
impact
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
impact

PostSubject: Re: Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning...   Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 10:04 pm

ian is awesome, dont get me wrong but he is VERY hyprocritical.
Back to top Go down
atom
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
atom

PostSubject: Re: Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning...   Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 11:14 pm

yeah i know, he's about as elitist as it gets. it was just that i'd just watched instrument when i made the comment.
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

Female Number of posts : 2008
Cool Points : 6007
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning...   Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 1:54 am

Welcome to the forum.

I usually make fun of 15 year olds, because lets face it, you're probably around them a lot and understand how bad they are.

Of course, I hate people my age for the same reason I hate 15 year olds.

So please, don't take my derogatory comments about high school kids personally....unless you are, in fact, a really huge Fall Out Boy fan and read Teen Vogue or something.
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

PostSubject: Re: Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning...   Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 1:56 am

impact wrote:

I don't mind Ian Mackaye, but I hate sXe kids SO MUCH. And since he's responsible for that whole thing, I do curse his name daily.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

PostSubject: Re: Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning...   Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 7:38 am

Jesus. Fall Out Boy are truly terrible, at least since their first album anyway. That was... ok at best.
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

PostSubject: Re: Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning...   Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 7:54 am

JamaicaSka wrote:
Jesus. Fall Out Boy are truly terrible, at least since their first album anyway. That was... ok at best.

I saw them on SNL, and it was almost good, save the fact that they were running around like idiots, which was really distracting and weird. Then I went and listened to some of their music, thinking it probably sounded the same as it did on SNL, and felt all sick inside.

My theory is that the sound guy at SNL really hates Fall Out Boy, and tried to make them sound all dirty so that whatever that song was sounded kind of like some halfway decent distorted alt rock thing.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

PostSubject: Re: Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning...   Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 8:42 am

I saw them and Panic At The Disco at Leeds Festival 2007. They were heavily bottled by the crowd.
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

PostSubject: Re: Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning...   Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 9:13 am

Awesome.

I knew some people who went backstage at Warped Tour one year, apparently Panic! At The Disco can't actually play their instruments. My brother wanted to attack them, but said he had to balance his desire to kick their asses with his desire to get free steak (yeah, the catering at the warped tour is steak dinners, and they have professional massage too. So at least the bands have a nice time, even if the audience doesn't. Though I hear only the big bands get access to it all. Some bands don't even get paid to be on the tour. I'm glad I wasn't there. I'd have started attacking everyone. If I could, I would have ended pop-punk then and there. I'd go to prison for that.)

I've seen a video of My Chemical Romance being attacked by the audience at some British thing as well. It made me happy.

And did you see the video where someone keeps throwing bottles of piss at The Mars Volta? You don't see much, but the lead singer throws a bitch fit about it.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

PostSubject: Re: Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning...   Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 10:02 am

Haha, no I haven't seen that one but it sounds good, I may have to scour youtube. I have a feeling the MCR one might've been the year before last at Leeds Festival, I was there and they were pretty heavily bottled too.

I admit I do like pop-punk (hell, I was a member of the pop-punk forum on musicianforums.com for aaaaages), but only really the stuff I grew up to, Green Day, The Offspring, blink182, Allister and the like. FoB, P!ATD, MCR and the rest don't really do anything for me, although I can see why the younger ones would like them for the same reason I liked blink etc; they know no better than what's served up on Kerrang and VH1. If I'd been my age 10 years ago, I dunno if I'd've liked blink182 and the rest.
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7597
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning...   Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 11:57 am

I don't think any band deserves to get bottled. If you hate them that much, don't fucking watch. What a concept.
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7597
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning...   Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 12:01 pm

And I like My Chemical Romance, maybe not so much now. But it's just like people used to get a huge amount of shit for liking Green Day. I enjoyed it, it's what I needed at that age. It made me feel happy, maybe when I was having a not so good day. I just don't really think it's my place to tell people what's good and what's not. Sure, I have my opinions and I'm definitely guilty of judging but I try not to.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

PostSubject: Re: Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning...   Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 12:27 pm

I think people can't help judge sometimes, no matter how hard they try. It's how we are, I suppose.

Bottling; I can't help but laugh sometimes when it happens, although I'm never one of the culprits I must say. I always think of it more like a demonstration by the crowd to festival organisers that they're not the kind of bands that people want at the festival, rather than the trying to tell people what kinda bands they should and shouldn't like. I do respect bands that are prepared to return to a festival for a second time after being bottled though, like Fightstar did at Download, UK.
Back to top Go down
atom
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
atom

PostSubject: Re: Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning...   Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 12:35 pm

lex wrote:
I don't think any band deserves to get bottled. If you hate them that much, don't fucking watch. What a concept.

brilliance! no need to ruin the show for people that do like said bands. people are animals these days, yeah?
Back to top Go down
impact
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
impact

PostSubject: Re: Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning...   Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 2:40 pm

arollo wrote:
impact wrote:

I don't mind Ian Mackaye, but I hate sXe kids SO MUCH. And since he's responsible for that whole thing, I do curse his name daily.
why do you hate edge kids? a lot of them are pretty awesome. plus tons of edge bands have made some awesome music. minor threat, youth of today, gorilla biscuits.. earth crisis. yes the militant edge kids can get annoying but my overall experience w/ that scene has been positive.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

PostSubject: Re: Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning...   Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 2:45 pm

The only edge kids that annoy me are the ones who try to get you be edge too, forcing their beliefs upon you (reminds me of some religious fanatics, actually). Some edge kid tried to knock a pint out of my hand at a show once, and when I realised what he was and what he was trying to do I threw it in his face.

The little twat.

It was only Carling, it's not like that constitutes real beer anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning...   Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lurking the forum at 1 in the morning...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next