Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Poll, Links.

Go down 
+12
lhdez
walkingmakesyoustrong
iloveyourmom
JAPSoccer13
Sam Jones!
nickno
mullets suk
AdamLikesMusic
billy pilgrim
littletriggers
Patron
lex
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

How much of your music do you download?
None.
Poll, Links. Vote_lcap5%Poll, Links. Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
A couple songs here and there.
Poll, Links. Vote_lcap32%Poll, Links. Vote_rcap
 32% [ 6 ]
Half of it.
Poll, Links. Vote_lcap47%Poll, Links. Vote_rcap
 47% [ 9 ]
All of it!
Poll, Links. Vote_lcap16%Poll, Links. Vote_rcap
 16% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7587
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Poll, Links. Empty
PostSubject: Poll, Links.   Poll, Links. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 3:25 pm

I added a poll to the front, just testing it out. It should work now!! Overused question I KNOW, get over it. I'll make it something more interesting next time I promise. I'll be updating some of the video links today, someone brought to my attention that the links were dead. We almost have 100 people registered, which is pretty amazing. I never thought this place would get bigger than 20 or so. So thanks for joining!
Back to top Go down
Patron
Untouchable
Untouchable
Patron

Male Number of posts : 366
Cool Points : 5919
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Poll, Links. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll, Links.   Poll, Links. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 3:47 am

I almost always download first, then I buy the record.

Unless it's a band I've bought from before and am checking out a new album, then I don't always bother to download first.
Back to top Go down

Poll, Links. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll, Links.   Poll, Links. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 3:49 am

Me too.
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Poll, Links. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll, Links.   Poll, Links. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 3:50 am

Yeah, same here. If I had the money I would just buy it and check it out but unfortunately I don't . If it's some local band then I'll just buy the CD, then just be pissed when it sucks.
Back to top Go down

Poll, Links. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll, Links.   Poll, Links. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 3:51 am

Lol, that's happened many times Sad
Back to top Go down
littletriggers
From Her Lips to God's Ears

Female Number of posts : 122
Cool Points : 5906
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Poll, Links. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll, Links.   Poll, Links. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 3:53 am

at least if they're local bands, you can find them and beat them up.
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
billy pilgrim

Female Number of posts : 1845
Cool Points : 6084

Poll, Links. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll, Links.   Poll, Links. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 3:58 am

I've been downloading a lot lately. I do know that I'll be buying most, if not all, of the music I've downloaded recently because I really like it and want to support the artists. The exception to that would be someone like the Beatles, where my brothers and I can borrow the records from our parents whenever but I kind of want the songs on my computer. And the other exceptions are records that I do own but that I lost--I really don't see the sense in going out and buying a new copy when the old one could turn up at some point, but I really want to hear the songs. I don't see how that one's doing any harm.

/longwinded rant.
Back to top Go down
Patron
Untouchable
Untouchable
Patron

Poll, Links. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll, Links.   Poll, Links. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 4:00 am

laurendelore wrote:
Lol, that's happened many times Sad

Too many, for me.
Back to top Go down
AdamLikesMusic
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!

Male Number of posts : 530
Cool Points : 6062
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Poll, Links. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll, Links.   Poll, Links. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 4:24 am

I can't say I've never downloaded, though it is almost always stuff that I have, or had at one point.

(I have quite a few CDs I've bought, but somewhere along the line I misplaced the discs. So I've downloaded the files and burned copies to stick in the case so I have my hard copy again)
Back to top Go down
littletriggers

Female Number of posts : 122
Cool Points : 5906

Poll, Links. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll, Links.   Poll, Links. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 4:39 am

I download like a fiend. I buy cds from smaller bands that I want to support (like The Riot Before! Love that band!) and I buy vinyl from bands I love. I try to buy cds too, but being strapped for cash makes that hard right now and I don't feel like that's a good enough excuse to be out of the loop musically. I'd be missing out on so many bands if I didn't download.
Back to top Go down
mullets suk
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Number of posts : 25
Cool Points : 5943
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Poll, Links. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll, Links.   Poll, Links. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 10:24 am

if the reason you want to buy a CD is to support a band, don't. unless if they are huge megastars or locals, because the artist will only see about a dollar or two(if they are lucky) of your money. if you really want to support a band go see them at there shows and buy merch there.
Back to top Go down
Patron
Untouchable
Untouchable
Patron

Poll, Links. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll, Links.   Poll, Links. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 12:58 pm

mullets suk wrote:
if the reason you want to buy a CD is to support a band, don't. unless if they are huge megastars or locals, because the artist will only see about a dollar or two(if they are lucky) of your money. if you really want to support a band go see them at there shows and buy merch there.

I just assumed that we were talking about buying CDs at shows, not in retail stores.
Back to top Go down
nickno
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
nickno

Male Number of posts : 1232
Cool Points : 6921
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Poll, Links. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll, Links.   Poll, Links. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 1:07 pm

i usualy dled most of the time..i would say my liberary is 90 percent 'illegal' then the rest off of cds...i used to have a large amount of cds, but then the whole napster stuff happened and now i hate giving money for songs i can get for free lol no scence in that to me. but i do buy albums for bands i like..the last 2 cds i purchased where new wave and graduation. those where when they came out too
Back to top Go down
mullets suk
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Number of posts : 25
Cool Points : 5943
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Poll, Links. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll, Links.   Poll, Links. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 4:58 pm

Patron wrote:

I just assumed that we were talking about buying CDs at shows, not in retail stores.

oh, lol. i dont know either...i also dont know if cds sold at shows go to the label or not. i would assume they do, since a cd is a cd no matter where you buy.
Back to top Go down
Sam Jones!
Untouchable
Untouchable
Sam Jones!

Female Number of posts : 375
Cool Points : 5957

Poll, Links. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll, Links.   Poll, Links. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 7:25 pm

i only dl rare shit and vids from websites i never download songs or cds its stupid. i hate those kids who think their music collection is awesome and all of their cds are burned its like wtf?
Back to top Go down
AdamLikesMusic
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!

Poll, Links. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll, Links.   Poll, Links. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 7:28 pm

mullets suk wrote:
Patron wrote:

oh, lol. i dont know either...i also dont know if cds sold at shows go to the label or not. i would assume they do, since a cd is a cd no matter where you buy.

Don't bands just buy a bunch of their own merch and shit wholesale from their labels, then sell it on tour and pocket the profits?
Back to top Go down
JAPSoccer13
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JAPSoccer13

Female Number of posts : 2125
Cool Points : 5980
Registration date : 2008-01-20

Poll, Links. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll, Links.   Poll, Links. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 7:30 pm

i buy alot of my music, if i only like a song or two from the artist i just download those songs, no since in wasting 15$ for one song.
Back to top Go down
http://jordanparrish.tumblr.com
iloveyourmom
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
iloveyourmom

Male Number of posts : 827
Cool Points : 6330
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Poll, Links. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll, Links.   Poll, Links. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 10:45 pm

I download mostly everything and buy it on vinyl most of the time..

I mostly buy straight from the indy label's websites.. I don't use CD's, I just have my mp3 player..
Back to top Go down
walkingmakesyoustrong
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
walkingmakesyoustrong

Number of posts : 18
Cool Points : 5905
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Poll, Links. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll, Links.   Poll, Links. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 7:08 pm

Sadly, all of it. I'd relly like to buy every CD I've downloaded, but being 15 with no job doesn't help much. I buy the CDs I really care about, though.
Back to top Go down
lhdez
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
lhdez

Male Number of posts : 787
Cool Points : 6021

Poll, Links. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll, Links.   Poll, Links. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 9:55 pm

I download A LOT of music, but I also spend a lot from my pay checks on music too. There's only so much I can afford
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Poll, Links. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll, Links.   Poll, Links. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 9:58 pm

It's kind of sad to me because it seems like before the internet, and downloading, you bought one CD and it was all you had for weeks or months and you just listened to that CD, it was your life for those weeks. Now you can download as many CDs in a DAY as you want. Not saying I don't download a lot though, it just makes everything seem so unimportant.
Back to top Go down
lhdez
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
lhdez

Poll, Links. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll, Links.   Poll, Links. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 10:08 pm

don't get me wrong, I try to listen to everything I have...at this point, I only need a couple thousand tracks. The better stuff I get really sticks out so I end up repeating it or eventually buying it
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Poll, Links. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll, Links.   Poll, Links. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 10:12 pm

Yea, I wasn't calling you out of anything, just sayin. And even when you bought a CD and hated it, you just had to kinda deal with it you know? Things were a lot simpler before the internet ...but now we have message boards. WOO.
Back to top Go down
lhdez
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
lhdez

Poll, Links. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll, Links.   Poll, Links. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 10:15 pm

I think the best purchase I made with no prior knowledge of the band was when I bought Dance Party With... and Front Seat Solidarity by This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb three years back at a record store. That band is pure awesome.
Back to top Go down
AdamLikesMusic
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!

Poll, Links. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll, Links.   Poll, Links. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:30 am

lex wrote:
Yea, I wasn't calling you out of anything, just sayin. And even when you bought a CD and hated it, you just had to kinda deal with it you know? Things were a lot simpler before the internet ...but now we have message boards. WOO.

Things change. Wink In the future, the same thing will happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Poll, Links. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll, Links.   Poll, Links. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poll, Links.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next