Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

8 Full Hours of Sleep

Go down 
+14
Chops4569
mookao
raptorsaurus
DavyGrolton
stefi0stefi
Daggar Slade
Cenaco
XBebop
bmc5703
nickno
StoolPigeon
lex
Mike
spartan593
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
spartan593
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
spartan593

Male Number of posts : 38
Cool Points : 5774
Registration date : 2008-07-20

8 Full Hours of Sleep Empty
PostSubject: 8 Full Hours of Sleep   8 Full Hours of Sleep Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 11:57 pm

Okay, so I love this song. The lyrics are so hard to play to on guitar because he sings at what seems to be off cue on time, but its suppose to be that way which works. I love this song. However, I have no idea what it's about. So does anyone know? Because I love this song so much.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Male Number of posts : 3153
Cool Points : 7531
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: 8 Full Hours of Sleep   8 Full Hours of Sleep Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 12:24 am

I always felt it was just about life and how when you're asleep you get a break from everything in your life. "you can't feel the hunger"
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7588
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: 8 Full Hours of Sleep   8 Full Hours of Sleep Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 12:28 am

Yea, I just thought it was about how simple life is when you're asleep. You don't have to deal with any problems and life is good. I hate that feeling when you wake up and you realize all this shit you have to do, and that your dream was only a dream.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8 Full Hours of Sleep   8 Full Hours of Sleep Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 12:31 am

I also think it's about waking up from that peaceful night of sleeping, and keeping that peace with you throughout the day. Always keeping hope. This song also has some of my favorite lyrics ever in it:

and the sun's always rising in the sky somewhere. and if young hearts should explode from all the lies they've been told, let the new night bring you peace. and the promise of tomorrow. where we can wake to a new beginning.
Back to top Go down
spartan593
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
spartan593

PostSubject: Re: 8 Full Hours of Sleep   8 Full Hours of Sleep Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 12:43 am

yeah, that all makes sense. thanks.

this is one of my favorite AM! songs. I love it. So much.

Life when you sleep is great.

So what if america falls apart?
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

Male Number of posts : 6265
Cool Points : 10188

PostSubject: Re: 8 Full Hours of Sleep   8 Full Hours of Sleep Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 12:13 pm

I think new beginnings is a big factor in this, as well. I mean, it could just be about how after this sleep (which he's portrayed as this almost revolutionary kind of thing), it starts out fresh, and it's kind of saying (like laurendelore said) that you should try to keep that peacefulness, or that spirit of the revolution.
Back to top Go down
nickno
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
nickno

Male Number of posts : 1232
Cool Points : 6922
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: 8 Full Hours of Sleep   8 Full Hours of Sleep Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:47 pm

i lsiten to this one before i sleep. the part about

"we can wake to a new begning tomorow they all of lost there faces....memories of all we had and hte times we should of lived"

seems about regret and passing up oppertunity with someone or something and due to this young hearts will explode.

this is probably the most meaninful am song there is because there is so many interpitations
Back to top Go down
spartan593
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
spartan593

PostSubject: Re: 8 Full Hours of Sleep   8 Full Hours of Sleep Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 11:53 pm

"And tomorrow, America, might just fall apart!"

Continuing what nickyno said, this must mean that he passed up an oppertunity and then he may never have the chance to do it again because, well american might just fall apart the next day,
Back to top Go down
bmc5703
Borne on the FM Waves
Borne on the FM Waves
bmc5703

Male Number of posts : 82
Cool Points : 5860
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: 8 Full Hours of Sleep   8 Full Hours of Sleep Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:26 pm

spartan593 wrote:
"And tomorrow, America, might just fall apart!"

Continuing what nickyno said, this must mean that he passed up an oppertunity and then he may never have the chance to do it again because, well american might just fall apart the next day,
I get the feeling that "America just might fall apart" is said in a positive way in this, though.
Back to top Go down
XBebop
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Number of posts : 23
Cool Points : 5831
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: 8 Full Hours of Sleep   8 Full Hours of Sleep Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 2:45 am

drinkingirish wrote:
I always felt it was just about life and how when you're asleep you get a break from everything in your life. "you can't feel the hunger"

You're seriously asking what this song is about?

Go listen to it again.
Back to top Go down
bmc5703
Borne on the FM Waves
Borne on the FM Waves
bmc5703

Male Number of posts : 82
Cool Points : 5860
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: 8 Full Hours of Sleep   8 Full Hours of Sleep Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:55 am

XBebop wrote:
drinkingirish wrote:

You're seriously asking what this song is about?

Go listen to it again.
Instead of saying that, why don't you just tell us what you think it's about
Back to top Go down
Cenaco
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Cenaco

Female Number of posts : 702
Cool Points : 5694
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: 8 Full Hours of Sleep   8 Full Hours of Sleep Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:56 am

lauren wrote:
I also think it's about waking up from that peaceful night of sleeping, and keeping that peace with you throughout the day. Always keeping hope. This song also has some of my favorite lyrics ever in it:

and the sun's always rising in the sky somewhere. and if young hearts should explode from all the lies they've been told, let the new night bring you peace. and the promise of tomorrow. where we can wake to a new beginning.

bah! that's on of my favorite lyrics ever too! It's so amazing. and I love the end of the song where it says i would trade it for the silence. It's just so beautiful. I think also the song is talking about this idea of freedom and equality, and the notion of hope which lauren said. When you are a sleep, when you are dreaming, you enter a new reality, where there are no ties to society, everyone is the same in a dream, no one is richer, no one is inferior, "no one is hungry". It's that idea of being free and at peace.

"Tomorrow, tell me,
Where will you wake up?
Beyond title, beyond these careers and laws,
Something more than borders on a map..."

in that part of the song it could be suggesting that through the psyche/sleep or whatever only can we escape these societal bounds, and because of this can you achieve a higher understanding- can you free yourself from society, these boundaries, these limitations that define everyone- whether its by class, race, sex, etc. It's almost as if he's saying through sleep we are all unified under all the same natural laws, where no one is better or worse, we are all the same, and that when we wake up there is that hope for a tomorrow or a day where these realities that we break from in sleep will become the very reality we live in.

Basically, in short, this song is incredible. One of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/frigerofrero
Daggar Slade
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Daggar Slade

Male Number of posts : 2827
Cool Points : 7791
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: 8 Full Hours of Sleep   8 Full Hours of Sleep Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 5:53 am

Cenaco wrote:
lauren wrote:

bah! that's on of my favorite lyrics ever too! It's so amazing. and I love the end of the song where it says i would trade it for the silence. It's just so beautiful. I think also the song is talking about this idea of freedom and equality, and the notion of hope which lauren said. When you are a sleep, when you are dreaming, you enter a new reality, where there are no ties to society, everyone is the same in a dream, no one is richer, no one is inferior, "no one is hungry". It's that idea of being free and at peace.

"Tomorrow, tell me,
Where will you wake up?
Beyond title, beyond these careers and laws,
Something more than borders on a map..."

in that part of the song it could be suggesting that through the psyche/sleep or whatever only can we escape these societal bounds, and because of this can you achieve a higher understanding- can you free yourself from society, these boundaries, these limitations that define everyone- whether its by class, race, sex, etc. It's almost as if he's saying through sleep we are all unified under all the same natural laws, where no one is better or worse, we are all the same, and that when we wake up there is that hope for a tomorrow or a day where these realities that we break from in sleep will become the very reality we live in.

Basically, in short, this song is incredible. One of my favorites.

One of my favorite things about this forum are the posts like this. Some of the most intriguing and intelligent interpretations of songs and other discussions can be found here. Thank you AM! Forum, for enlightening my life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/daggar_slade
Cenaco
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Cenaco

Female Number of posts : 702
Cool Points : 5694
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: 8 Full Hours of Sleep   8 Full Hours of Sleep Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 3:39 pm

aww thank you! =] I"m glad I could enlighten your life with my post which was written at around 1:30 am!

I love the song so much, and couldn't help but to dive deep into a perhaps untouched meaning.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/frigerofrero
stefi0stefi
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
stefi0stefi

Female Number of posts : 40
Cool Points : 5762
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: 8 Full Hours of Sleep   8 Full Hours of Sleep Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 4:49 pm

x

Last edited by stefi0stefi on Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DavyGrolton
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
DavyGrolton

Male Number of posts : 1424
Cool Points : 7167
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: 8 Full Hours of Sleep   8 Full Hours of Sleep Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 1:48 am

I feel like this should be discussed.

I have recently re-fallen in love with this song, and it's been on loop for three days.

She's standing there... with open arms.
And one night. Can last forever...

So heartfelt...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theriotinside
Mike
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Male Number of posts : 3153
Cool Points : 7531
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: 8 Full Hours of Sleep   8 Full Hours of Sleep Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 2:04 am

didn't tom change the lyrics "sun's always rising" to "sun's always falling" when he did his solo stuff?

If that's a permanent change, I could see it's purpose as adding more sadness to the theme. Less hope, more daily dread. Or it could also be a continuation of the sleep theme. You're going into your eight hours of sleep. The sun's falling somewhere else where someone else is about to do the same. This is not isolated, everybody does it.
Back to top Go down
raptorsaurus
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
raptorsaurus

Male Number of posts : 3197
Cool Points : 8692
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: 8 Full Hours of Sleep   8 Full Hours of Sleep Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 2:18 am

The sun's always rising in the sky somewhere

I always liked that line.... I guess changing it to falling just makes it more depressing.
Back to top Go down
mookao
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Male Number of posts : 22
Cool Points : 5588
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: 8 Full Hours of Sleep   8 Full Hours of Sleep Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:39 am

I feel like this song is mostly saying how fucked up the world is, and sometimes the only escape from this damned world is to sleep, but thats wat the song means 2 me
Back to top Go down
raptorsaurus
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
raptorsaurus

PostSubject: Re: 8 Full Hours of Sleep   8 Full Hours of Sleep Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 6:32 pm

The lyrics written on the RAR poster thing have "the sun's always rising" then the second time "the sun's always falling", but in the song he says rising both times.
Back to top Go down
raptorsaurus
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
raptorsaurus

PostSubject: Re: 8 Full Hours of Sleep   8 Full Hours of Sleep Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 1:22 am

anyone know where this version is from?
Back to top Go down
Chops4569
Untouchable
Untouchable
Chops4569

Male Number of posts : 493
Cool Points : 5825
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: 8 Full Hours of Sleep   8 Full Hours of Sleep Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 1:52 am

I think I remember reading somewhere that there was an earlier version of 8 Full Hours on the Crime demo tape.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Lizzardking69
raptorsaurus
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
raptorsaurus

PostSubject: Re: 8 Full Hours of Sleep   8 Full Hours of Sleep Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 2:00 am

Chops4569 wrote:
I think I remember reading somewhere that there was an earlier version of 8 Full Hours on the Crime demo tape.

I was thinking that too Very Happy The person who posted it also has 'old versions' of julie, jordan, and axl rose. Which made me wonder if jordan and axl rose are from a different demo tape? Julie and this song were on the crime demo (supposedly) but not the other 2.
Back to top Go down
Chops4569
Untouchable
Untouchable
Chops4569

Male Number of posts : 493
Cool Points : 5825
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: 8 Full Hours of Sleep   8 Full Hours of Sleep Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 2:15 am

An Acoustic EP Demo maybe? I've never heard of such a thing but those two versions of Jordan and Reinventing sound almost exactly like the do on the Acoustic EP except with a higher pitch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Lizzardking69
raptorsaurus
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
raptorsaurus

PostSubject: Re: 8 Full Hours of Sleep   8 Full Hours of Sleep Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 2:17 am

yeah, axl rose has a cassette hiss, but that could be just that it was put on a cassette, then ripped back onto the comptuer. But 8 full hours of sleep is for sure a different version, his voice is different. We may have found some of the crime demos cheers fingers crossed.

edit: before I jizz myself, I'd like to point out that this could easily just be someone screweing with the originals. so I really don't know anything, I sent the uploader a message asking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8 Full Hours of Sleep   8 Full Hours of Sleep Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8 Full Hours of Sleep
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next