Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh?

Go down 
+6
andy
Ross
atom
WWD4D?
AM!ShitSTroll
arollo
10 posters
AuthorMessage
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

Female Number of posts : 2008
Cool Points : 6007
Registration date : 2008-03-01

So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh? Empty
PostSubject: So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh?   So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 9:03 am

So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh? The music video was up on ign.com. The video is pretty bad too. What happened to The Offspring? Why are they recording patriotic arena rock?
Back to top Go down
AM!ShitSTroll
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
AM!ShitSTroll

Male Number of posts : 516
Cool Points : 5934
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh?   So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 9:40 am

god tell me about it...used to be one of my fav bands...first tape I ever bought was "Smash"...they really have fallen off the trail since then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sporadicballard
WWD4D?
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
WWD4D?

Male Number of posts : 1245
Cool Points : 6866
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh?   So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 10:13 am

It's not patriotic arena rock, it's about school shootings. I've listened to the new album and I think it's pretty good. I hate this attitude that people have about bands when they say "it's not smash/axl rose/the blue album/dookie/whatever." Admittedly the video is fucking weird to say the least but Hammerhead, and most of Rise and Fall is good stuff.

Last edited by WWD4D? on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

PostSubject: Re: So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh?   So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 10:26 am

Oh, I know that bands change. It's just that one song. It's so.....just....ugh. I haven't heard the album, so I can't say anything about that, but it's an awful single. It's one of those songs that I just know are going to be played over YouTube videos of soldiers marching around in the desert for years to come.
Back to top Go down
AM!ShitSTroll
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
AM!ShitSTroll

PostSubject: Re: So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh?   So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 10:34 am

yea, your right...they were really going in the right direction as a band when "pretty fly for a white guy" came out....its not like I want to hear the same album as smash...I just want them to not suck and its hard to not make that statement with the stuff they have been putting out recently.
Back to top Go down
WWD4D?
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
WWD4D?

PostSubject: Re: So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh?   So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 10:37 am

Yeah, to be fair, on the band's video contest for Hammerhead most of the clips are of soldiers walking round the desert. So I guess that's a fair point. There's a load of links on their official forum for downloads of the entire album, so I'd suggest checking it out. And AM!Shitstroll, can you point out the part where I said I liked Pretty Fly? I don't, I loathe that song but Hammerhead is streets ahead of it.
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

PostSubject: Re: So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh?   So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 10:55 am

I thought "Pretty Fly For A White Guy" was funny.

Were they not being silly? If not, that's depressing.
Back to top Go down
atom
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
atom

Male Number of posts : 1880
Cool Points : 5981
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh?   So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 11:02 am

i was never really a fan of the offspring, but regarding wwd4d?'s comment about dookie and the blue album, i think insomniac and pinkerton are better than those two, and i know i'm not the only one who thinks that
Back to top Go down
AM!ShitSTroll
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
AM!ShitSTroll

PostSubject: Re: So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh?   So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 11:20 am

WWD4D? wrote:
Yeah, to be fair, on the band's video contest for Hammerhead most of the clips are of soldiers walking round the desert. So I guess that's a fair point. There's a load of links on their official forum for downloads of the entire album, so I'd suggest checking it out. And AM!Shitstroll, can you point out the part where I said I liked Pretty Fly? I don't, I loathe that song but Hammerhead is streets ahead of it.

i didnt mean that you specifically said that...i was more making a point that i use smash as a place where the band was going in the right direction in my mind...whereas by the time "pretty fly for a white guy" came out, the band was heading in the "wrong" direction. Of course this is only my opinion..and god bless them for still wanting to make music...i just dont think that I will ever be as big of a fan of them as I used to be. I just dont think their new stuff is anything worth listening to.
Back to top Go down
WWD4D?
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
WWD4D?

PostSubject: Re: So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh?   So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 11:23 am

aestheticguitar wrote:
i was never really a fan of the offspring, but regarding wwd4d?'s comment about dookie and the blue album, i think insomniac and pinkerton are better than those two, and i know i'm not the only one who thinks that
Yeah, I actually agree with you. I was just using those albums as examples of records that sold millions of copies, only for people to criticise their next few releases because they haven't re-recorded that seminal album. It's just an attitude that bugs me.

And for AM!ShitSTroll,please ignore that last post. I'm so bored it's untrue and I'm a little tetchy because of it. I've literally sat in all day halfheartedly playing Weezer riffs on my guitar and placing bets on tonight's Euro 2008 games. So yeah, I'm a little cranky. Sorry!
Back to top Go down
AM!ShitSTroll
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
AM!ShitSTroll

PostSubject: Re: So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh?   So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 11:26 am

fuck yea euro 2008, im a huge football fan....luckily i have DVR so i can record the games while at work... you see the Netherlands v Italy yesterday??? great game...fuck the itals.
Back to top Go down
WWD4D?
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
WWD4D?

PostSubject: Re: So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh?   So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 11:32 am

That was the best game of the tournament so far. Holland were really impressive but Italy looked a mess defensively without Cannavaro. I'm really looking forward to the Spain match. I've got money on them to win the tournament outright and on Torres to finish top scorer. It's a shame England aren't there but we didn't deserve to qualify and I love football so I can enjoy the tournament regardless. I appreciate good football and England don't normally play good football.
Back to top Go down
AM!ShitSTroll
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
AM!ShitSTroll

PostSubject: Re: So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh?   So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 11:43 am

yea well their squad has been kind of shoddy the past couple of years...so it was not suprising to me that they did not make it....I too am rooting for Spain to win the whole thing...however, in my fantasy league i've got Ronaldo as my captain so I'm hoping he gets the 'golden boot'...solely becuase that would mean i would win my league haha
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7880
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh?   So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 6:30 pm

aestheticguitar wrote:

Insomniac is DEFINITELY Green Day's best album.

I'm gonna go check out this new Offspring stuff now and report back later.
Back to top Go down
andy
From Her Lips to God's Ears

Male Number of posts : 158
Cool Points : 5945
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh?   So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 8:53 pm

saw the offspring play hammerhead last time they were here. i enjoyed it

Spllinter is a fantastic under-rated album
Back to top Go down
http://www.howsyouredge.com/swap/display.php?page=1631
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

Male Number of posts : 3158
Cool Points : 8124
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh?   So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 11:36 pm

never been a big fan of the Offspring but is that surprising that their new stuff isn't as great as their old
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Pollard/209701715
Pants
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Pants

Male Number of posts : 3126
Cool Points : 7752
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh?   So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 12:41 pm

I don't mind it....It's really hard for me to dislike music though. I just like most stuff. And to be fair, a couple of Offsprigns singles in the past have sucked too, but with most other songs on the album being alright.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/cavaliereternal
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

PostSubject: Re: So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh?   So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 3:02 pm

NuclearPants wrote:
I don't mind it....It's really hard for me to dislike music though. I just like most stuff. And to be fair, a couple of Offsprigns singles in the past have sucked too, but with most other songs on the album being alright.

Yeah, to be fair people do seem to treat music as just noise.....or....like, it's noise, but better than the usual clanking you hear on city streets, so it's hard to just hate it. But me, I react really strangely to music. There are certain things that just annoy the piss out of me, and I don't really think I could quantify why that is. A lot of music I hate I can still listen to and just ignore if needs be, but sometimes it just makes me mad. Apparently this is not entirely common, and I'm some sort of weirdo.
Back to top Go down
WWD4D?
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
WWD4D?

PostSubject: Re: So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh?   So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 3:38 pm

arollo wrote:
NuclearPants wrote:

Yeah, to be fair people do seem to treat music as just noise.....or....like, it's noise, but better than the usual clanking you hear on city streets, so it's hard to just hate it. But me, I react really strangely to music. There are certain things that just annoy the piss out of me, and I don't really think I could quantify why that is. A lot of music I hate I can still listen to and just ignore if needs be, but sometimes it just makes me mad. Apparently this is not entirely common, and I'm some sort of weirdo.

It's a lot more common than you think. I go to a club on a Thursday night that has 3 rooms of music, one indie, one punk and one hip hop. The punk room always play the same tunes and one of them happens to be by Enter Shikari, who are just contemptable. Anyway, this song has a pause in it where there are handclaps and the people on the dancefloor do the claps and everyone has a good time, right? WRONG. I have such a strong reaction against that song that it makes me act like a total idiot, yelling at people "why the fuck do you like this song?!" Then five minutes later, the DJ play plays Trusty Chords and it's all good. So yeah, what I'm trying to say is bad music makes me mad. You are not alone.
Back to top Go down
Cliche Guevara
Cliche Guevara

Male Number of posts : 120
Cool Points : 5883
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh?   So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 4:07 am

I think the songs allright, not one of their best by far, but still a decent song. I started listneing to The Offspring around the time Pretty Fly For a White Guy came out (not because it came out, just coincidentaly around the same time I picked up Americana)so I can look at their newer stuff without as much of a longing for more of their older style. Smash is a great CD, but so is Splinter. And I'm gonna have to go pick up their new ablum, I have yet to be disapointed by a CD of theirs.

PS. Pretty Fly For a White Guy is a damn funny song, I laugh most every time I listen to it. That's one thing I like about the Offspring, they can be serious, but they also have the abuility to just dick around amd have fun.
Back to top Go down
dudeney!
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
dudeney!

Male Number of posts : 25
Cool Points : 5898
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh?   So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 10:07 am

Long Live Smash!!!
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
WWD4D?
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
WWD4D?

PostSubject: Re: So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh?   So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 10:17 am

They should just jack this punk rock jive in and release an album of classical guitar peices like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE4j_2m_iHw
Back to top Go down
Pants
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Pants

Male Number of posts : 3126
Cool Points : 7752
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh?   So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 11:08 am

I just got this album, I am very pleased with it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/cavaliereternal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh?   So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, that new Offspring song is pretty bad, huh?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Against Me! Forum :: Other :: General Chat-
Jump to: