Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14

Go down 
+11
telegraphrocks
Pants
saintjonah
Lurch
Breakout
nickno
Arthur X
transgender_Amber
cooljayhu
Aaron
mattharris
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

Female Number of posts : 270
Cool Points : 4605
Registration date : 2012-06-02

Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14   Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 2:16 am

DavyGrolton wrote:
Just to be fair the second I feel comfortable making fun of you is the second I consider you my equal. There are things in my life I don't make fun of. Everything else is fair game. I don't make fun of children or the handicap but joking around and a comedian making a joke is literally the highest form of acceptance in this world.

I bet if Letterman used the word nigger many African wouldn't find it "the highest form of acceptance in this world." Also Many LGBT people don't find Letterman's Joke on Amanda Simpsons funny. That's why Many LGBT orgs called him on it.
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14   Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 2:36 am

To clear things up, And please do say all manner of nasty things about me for this? I think its wired for Letterman to insult Amanda Simpson, a Transsexual Woman, and then a year to the day have Against ME, a band with a lead that is a Transsexual Woman, on. Also I think he kissed ass to the band and that he is a Cissexist? My post was my way of explain all that and explaining what the whole Joke about Amanda Simpson was. I only replied tonight as a way to defend my post after the nasty comments it received just because it came from me.

I do believe if anyone else posted it just the way I did it wouldn't' received the same kind of replies.
Back to top Go down
cooljayhu
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
cooljayhu

Male Number of posts : 1492
Cool Points : 7089
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14   Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 2:37 am

transgender_Amber wrote:
cooljayhu wrote:

You are easily the most annoying fucking troll I've ever encountered.

I know its hard for you to understand someone that just doesn't have it as easy as you do when it comes to gender and its easy for you to insult me than trying to understand why Letterman's joke would be offensive to a person that is transgendered. But like I said I would get heat for my post.

Please insult me some more. I'm not a real person like you. I'm not equal to you and I don't have the same feelings as you do. And if it makes you feel betting I can give you my home address and you can come and murder me because I inconvenient you. I'm Shure many people here will be happy with you murdering me just because I tried to open up with my feelings and thoughts on why I have a problem with Letterman and why I think he is hateful.

So Let me know if it make you feel better to Murder me and we can work on that. The Gods know would not be the first transsexual/transgender Person to be murdered!

It's offensive to you because like a lot of people in this world you like being offended. Stop playing the victim and getting offended every time someone says fucking anything. Fuck off you annoying cunt. How many time do we have to tell you to fuck off before you take the hint and actually do. NOBODY CARES.
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14   Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 2:43 am

cooljayhu wrote:
transgender_Amber wrote:
cooljayhu wrote:

I know its hard for you to understand someone that just doesn't have it as easy as you do when it comes to gender and its easy for you to insult me than trying to understand why Letterman's joke would be offensive to a person that is transgendered. But like I said I would get heat for my post.

Please insult me some more. I'm not a real person like you. I'm not equal to you and I don't have the same feelings as you do. And if it makes you feel betting I can give you my home address and you can come and murder me because I inconvenient you. I'm Shure many people here will be happy with you murdering me just because I tried to open up with my feelings and thoughts on why I have a problem with Letterman and why I think he is hateful.

So Let me know if it make you feel better to Murder me and we can work on that. The Gods know would not be the first transsexual/transgender Person to be murdered!

It's offensive to you because like a lot of people in this world you like being offended. Stop playing the victim and getting offended every time someone says fucking anything. Fuck off you annoying cunt. How many time do we have to tell you to fuck off before you take the hint and actually do. NOBODY CARES.

Like I said when I open up with my real thoughts and feeling I get nasty replies. See what I mean DavyGrolton! Now you see why I copy and past. Most people don't replied nasty to those kind of of post. But post something real and I get told to fuck off. And I think I will get more nasty replies for this post too and others I made tonight.
Back to top Go down
cooljayhu
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
cooljayhu

PostSubject: Re: Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14   Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 2:52 am

transgender_Amber wrote:
cooljayhu wrote:
transgender_Amber wrote:
cooljayhu wrote:

Like I said when I open up with my real thoughts and feeling I get nasty replies. See what I mean DavyGrolton! Now you see why I copy and past. Most people don't replied nasty to those kind of of post. But post something real and I get told to fuck off. And I think I will get more nasty replies for this post too and others I made tonight.

I'm not replying with "nasty posts" because your transgender. If you were anyone else I would say the same thing. You are annoying. That's why I reply the way I do. You write inflammatory posts claiming that fucking everybody is transphobic with very little evidence beyond your own delusions. There is no grand conspiracy against transgendered people no matter how hard you want there to be one. Not only that you post numbers of articles on here. That is really, really annoying. Post the link and maybe a line or two about what it's about and then move on.

Every time you post I dread what inane bullshit you are currently spouting. If you can't stop being so fucking retarded and post like a normal human being than please just leave. You're not wanted here not because you're transgender but because you add absolutely nothing of value to this forum. This forum is about Against Me!'s music. Stop trying to make everything about cisgender vs transgender because, and let me extremely clear here, NOBODY BUT YOU GIVES A FUCK.
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14   Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 2:58 am

Just Like I said,  DavyGrolton! Also, cooljayhu is going to post something nasty to everything I post?  Now you see my point! Copying and pasting is much safer. No one puts words in my mouth or accuses me of something I never said. But,  DavyGrolton if you or anyone else posted what I did and the same way I did people like, cooljayhu wouldn't dare posting any nasty replies! He doesn't have the never too.

Last edited by transgender_Amber on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

PostSubject: Re: Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14   Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 3:07 am

transgender_Amber wrote:
nickno wrote:
I was just digging for gold trying to find something so I could semi-defend Letterman from transgenderAmber lol. Didn't mean to whip up a Gainesville gauntlet

Also There is nothing wrong with anyone  talking about Against Me not being a Florida band any more. Knowing that the bands already did an article on this and posted this on its web site. I think everyone here should check out Against Me website more. You will learn a lot about the band.

“I know Florida’s fucked up… but Florida’s one of those places where, if you live there long enough, it becomes a part of you.”

Read the exclusive Consequence of Sound feature here: http://ow.ly/szZ5s .
http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/01/cover-story-against-me/

So please, don't try to control the topic. People here have a right to discusses the band not being from Florida any more.

Funny no one has replied to this? Wow I always post the same thing? I'm confused because this  is about Against me not being from Florida anymore. The same thing? I can't imaged that!
Back to top Go down
cooljayhu
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
cooljayhu

PostSubject: Re: Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14   Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 4:20 am

transgender_Amber wrote:
Just Like I said,  DavyGrolton! Also, cooljayhu is going to post something nasty to everything I post?  Now you see my point! Copying and pasting is much safer. No one puts words in my mouth or accuses me of something I never said. But,  DavyGrolton if you or anyone else posted what I did and the same way I did people like, cooljayhu wouldn't dare posting any nasty replies! He doesn't have the never too.

Actually, I've called people out on shit on this forum before. Not 2 weeks, Clint, an actually contributing member of this forum (unlike yourself), created hoax about having the new album and then laughing at people asking for it. I told him to eat a dick for being a fucking prick.

This has nothing to do with you personally I really don't understand what you don't get about this. If you actually attempted to contribute in a meaningful way I'd be cool with you being around. But you don't. You continue to spam full articles and ramble on about how everyone's transphobic. Then you play the victim card about how everyone is mean to you when you post your feelings. Well, fuck, this forum isn't a trans support group. This forum is about music not about how Letterman is transphobic or how Andrew is transphobic because he left the band and it is most certainly not for creating topic after topic just copying and pasting articles. Fuck off with that shit.

But of course you won't read this far because well handling real criticism isn't your thing. You're troll who loves to play the victim. So please make another post about how I'm being nasty and feel free to just ignore the advice I gave you.

Edit: And I didn't reply to your "Florida band" post because I can not understand the point your making whatsoever. Plus you're the one who hijacked the thread to rail on Letterman for making a joke. (BTW that's comedy. If doesn't offend at least one person, it's probably not very funny. I don't get mad every time someone makes a fat joke.)
Back to top Go down
mattharris
From Her Lips to God's Ears
mattharris

Male Number of posts : 175
Cool Points : 5926
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14   Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 6:06 am

So yeah... Against Me! Kicks some major ass. When they played FuckMyLife666 on the tv channel with the host and the comedies I thought that was cool. I prefer Jimmy Fallon's show, but I didn't pick where they would play so I watched it on Letterman's... Now that that is over Im not going to watch Letterman anymore.. All of that isn't really relevant though I just come for the Against Me!
Back to top Go down
Lurch
Lurch

Male Number of posts : 243
Cool Points : 6019
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14   Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 10:02 am

I don't think it would be the worst thing for this forum to fade into oblivion somehow
Back to top Go down
saintjonah
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Number of posts : 10
Cool Points : 3963
Registration date : 2013-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14   Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 10:57 am

You know, I don't post here much, but I read occasionally. I've learned in my short time lurking to skim past Amber's posts. Obvious troll. Obvious "me against the world" attitude. Not worth worrying about.

You have a right to feelings, Amber. No one gives a fuck that you're transgender. No one. You're just an annoying troll that would have been banned on any half-decent site. You MAKE these problems for yourself. You see slights where there really are none. People don't like you because you're whiny and annoying. Your gender matters not. If your name was "Big tough Bill" and you posted the same shit, people would still find you annoying. Because you are. You chose to make being transgender the thing that defines you and that's a shame. But you can't just call everyone that doesn't like you a transphobe or what the hell ever. You're annoying. Deal.
Back to top Go down
nickno
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
nickno

Male Number of posts : 1232
Cool Points : 6923
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14   Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 11:57 am

This didn't beat their performance of Teenage Anarchist on Leno with all the synth turned up to 11. It's their second best tv performance imo.
Back to top Go down
cooljayhu
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
cooljayhu

PostSubject: Re: Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14   Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 2:50 pm

nickno wrote:
This didn't beat their performance of Teenage Anarchist on Leno with all the synth turned up to 11. It's their second best tv performance imo.

This is my favorite late night performance of their's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znknCb6go3A

Combines AM! and Conan.
Back to top Go down
telegraphrocks
telegraphrocks

Male Number of posts : 177
Cool Points : 5935
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14   Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 5:34 pm

Where did they do "Up The Cuts"? Was that on Letterman too? Or Conan?
I can't find the video, but I remember watching it live, and them playing the song faster than usual, which sounded fucking awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pjsdisco
laurendelore
juicebox romeo
laurendelore

Female Number of posts : 1185
Cool Points : 6910
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14   Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 8:00 pm

telegraphrocks wrote:
Where did they do "Up The Cuts"?  Was that on Letterman too? Or Conan?
I can't find the video, but I remember watching it live, and them playing the song faster than usual, which sounded fucking awesome.

That may have been on Jimmy Kimmel.

Also I thought the Letterman performance was outstanding. Laura looked so happy and the energy was great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14   Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Against me! on The Late Show with David Letterman 1-29-14
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2