Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!

Go down 
+33
lex
Pants
hlflp360
Johnny99
Knate
ThusSpokeYourFace
SinsPastSainthood
raptorsaurus
AutumnCannibalist
WWD4D?
UntilTheyFall
hectorinho
dtsbassist
cooljayhu
pintsogin
dannyglover
skitzo12
Forftypercent
LinoLiam
ikomplex
bleedingheart
Aaron
Raccoon
emmsmem
Tim
Ghost
Various Artists
Califan0
LeMoine
JessBowles
Breakout
Jersey89
hmsdude24
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
LeMoine
Untouchable
Untouchable
LeMoine

Male Number of posts : 297
Cool Points : 5338
Registration date : 2010-10-07

Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 10:53 pm

How's this sound.. I'll harass the rest of the band until they let me drum for them and then I'll force the tour to go as planned.
Back to top Go down
bleedingheart
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Number of posts : 30
Cool Points : 4331
Registration date : 2012-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 11:18 pm

What a shame. He had seemed so passionate about playing with them.

And I wonder if this will delay the release of the new album even more... Here's hoping they find a worthy replacement without too much hassle.
Back to top Go down
ikomplex
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Number of posts : 16
Cool Points : 4396
Registration date : 2012-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 12:02 am

I don't mean to offend but he's the son of the drummer from The E Street Band so I think he might be looking for something bigger, AM! is a great band but honestly they're not like the greatest band in world in commercial terms, so Jay is probably looking for some major scale bands, he went from playing stadiums to play small clubs.
Back to top Go down
LinoLiam
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
LinoLiam

Male Number of posts : 30
Cool Points : 4400
Registration date : 2012-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 12:27 am

JessBowles wrote:
I think I'm still shocked.

I want to know what's next for everyone.

It was so much fun while it lasted.

This scares me. Do you know something we don't?
Back to top Go down
Raccoon
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Raccoon

Male Number of posts : 1538
Cool Points : 6674
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 12:35 am

ikomplex wrote:
I don't mean to offend but he's the son of the drummer from The E Street Band so I think he might be looking for something bigger, AM! is a great band but honestly they're not like the greatest band in world in commercial terms, so Jay is probably looking for some major scale bands, he went from playing stadiums to play small clubs.

Yeah, okay. Maybe if he had more talent, I could see that.

Here's the thing: he adds a LOT to their live performances because he over plays everything visually. There's a difference between playing the song, playing the song hard in a live setting, and making a show of your drumming. Jay fits into the third category, but for a group like AM! known for their live performances, it works really well. Not hating on what Jay brought to AM!, in fact, I was actually really happy with everything he added.

To anyone that doesn't play drums, if you see a lot of movement and hands flying in the air and the cymbals look like they're going to shatter every hit, you automatically assume they're good. He just makes it exciting. The punk and hardcore scene is the only place he'll make it. That shit won't fly with "bigger and better bands" that might require him to a do a drum solo performance mid set. It would be painfully obvious to everyone just how seasoned and well versed in technique he really is if he ever stepped outside of this genre. Yeah, he's Max's son, but that doesn't entitle him to anything. The kid isn't as good as his dad, he just hits harder than him.

In my opinion, I'd respect the son of an establish musician more if he started from the ground up instead of getting stadium shows because it's expected of him due to who is in his family tree. Fuck that noise. He's not better than AM!, his drum posse bros that he tweets to are in bands far less popular than AM!. I heard stories of him and his mom putting up a fight when they couldn't get into a sold out AM! show and they name dropped Max as a way to try to get in.

I wish him well in whatever he pursues, but only if his head is on straight.
Back to top Go down
Forftypercent
From Her Lips to God's Ears

Male Number of posts : 235
Cool Points : 5955
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 1:27 am

That story about him and his mom throwing a fit outside the show is 100% true.
Back to top Go down
emmsmem
Untouchable
Untouchable
emmsmem

Female Number of posts : 457
Cool Points : 5995
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 2:11 am

So there's some truth to the Madball story?
Back to top Go down
emmsmem
Untouchable
Untouchable
emmsmem

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 2:11 am

I don't care. All I know is that I fucking love this band and it scares me to death everytime something like this happens.
Back to top Go down
emmsmem
Untouchable
Untouchable
emmsmem

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 2:13 am

LeMoine wrote:
How's this sound.. I'll harass the rest of the band until they let me drum for them and then I'll force the tour to go as planned.

YES AND YES.
Back to top Go down
Jersey89
Untouchable
Untouchable
Jersey89

Female Number of posts : 319
Cool Points : 4857
Registration date : 2011-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 4:03 am

Aaron wrote:

Also, only Andrew now follows Jay...

That just reallky makes me sad. Something must have happened...

The scene from the MTV Interview about Laura keeps coming to my mind where everyone's like "we don't care- as long as we still do the band together" Rolling Eyes

I really hate how the band never really shares any kind of information with us. I don't need a whole "I'm leaving attack!attack! and also I'm not homosexual" novel... but a short statement why Jay left or had to leave would be nice.

And I really hope they're only kidding about the drum machine!
Back to top Go down
skitzo12
Borne on the FM Waves
Borne on the FM Waves

Number of posts : 65
Cool Points : 4819
Registration date : 2011-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 7:27 am

http://www.app.com/article/20121128/NJENT/311280008/A-new-avenue-art-Jay-Weinberg?odyssey=nav%7Chead&nclick_check=1

this might be relevant, says the art show he was in was pushed back to jan 26th, which clashes with the Big Day Out...
so maybe he didn't want to miss that and quit the band as a result?

anyways, hoping they don't cancel the Australian tour, really really really dont want to miss them.
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

Male Number of posts : 3490
Cool Points : 9215
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 8:48 am

Hopefully we get some news soon. More hopefully, news on the album as well. EVEN MORE hopefully, news that the album won't be canned.

Also, as for replacements, anybody want to take a guess? Although unrealistic, I'm going for Brendan Canty or Warren.
Back to top Go down
Breakout
Untouchable
Untouchable
Breakout

Number of posts : 446
Cool Points : 5317
Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 9:11 am

I don't care much about the Australia tour or the new album, I only hope that there was no argument between him and the guys.
Back to top Go down
http://epikureanlifestyle.tumblr.com/
skitzo12
Borne on the FM Waves
Borne on the FM Waves

Number of posts : 65
Cool Points : 4819
Registration date : 2011-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 9:13 am

Breakout wrote:
I don't care much about the Australia tour or the new album, I only hope that there was no argument between him and the guys.
i do haha, i've only seen them once.
as horrid as it is to say, bad blood and fights occur all the time in bands, most of the time you just need time to patch the issues.
now, if cancelling the tour mean the band stays together, then that's important.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

Male Number of posts : 4431
Cool Points : 10176
Registration date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 10:35 am

Aaron wrote:
Also, as for replacements, anybody want to take a guess?

Max Weinberg
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Timsalabimbo
Califan0
Califan0

Male Number of posts : 172
Cool Points : 5746
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 10:56 am

[/quote]

Also, only Andrew now follows Jay...

[/quote]

Not anymore....

This is looking more and more like some kind of bad blood. As for the drum machine, I think it's more of a humor outlet then anything serious.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/califano
JessBowles
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
JessBowles

Female Number of posts : 1031
Cool Points : 6281
Registration date : 2010-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 11:06 am

LinoLiam wrote:
JessBowles wrote:

I don't. I'm hoping for a statement of sorts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SingYouALullaby
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 11:42 am

LinoLiam wrote:
JessBowles wrote:

I think Jess just meant that Jay being in the band was fun while it lasted, not that the band was fun while it lasted Razz

I think a replacement will be stranger than before. All previous drummers have been an amazing fit.

Kevin is tied up with Forgetters, George is tied up with HWM and Warren is tied up with The Flying Burrito Brothers.

Maybe CM Punk plays drums...
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 11:51 am

Oh wait, it's totally gonna be Butch Vig.
Back to top Go down
Raccoon
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Raccoon

Male Number of posts : 1538
Cool Points : 6674
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 11:59 am

Aaron wrote:
Oh wait, it's totally gonna be Butch Vig.

Yeah, I originally thought that but I dunno about it anymore. I don't think he can keep up.

I would love to be proven wrong. Seeing Butch tour with AM after leaving Sire would be so incredibly cool.
Back to top Go down
dannyglover
Untouchable
Untouchable

Number of posts : 280
Cool Points : 5990
Registration date : 2008-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 12:56 pm

Shit's weird. I don't know how to interpret the drum machine twitpic. The only thing I can add is that a good friend of mine who knows Warren told me the "real" reason he left AM! was that Laura wanted him to play along to a click-track at all times (including at shows), so something tells me that drummers have a little bit of a hard time in this band.
Back to top Go down
Califan0
Califan0

Male Number of posts : 172
Cool Points : 5746
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 1:03 pm

dannyglover wrote:
Shit's weird. I don't know how to interpret the drum machine twitpic. The only thing I can add is that a good friend of mine who knows Warren told me the "real" reason he left AM! was that Laura wanted him to play along to a click-track at all times (including at shows), so something tells me that drummers have a little bit of a hard time in this band.

That's some saucy new info.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/califano
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

Male Number of posts : 3158
Cool Points : 8115
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 2:03 pm

Forftypercent wrote:
That story about him and his mom throwing a fit outside the show is 100% true.

whats this about?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Pollard/209701715
hmsdude24
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Male Number of posts : 14
Cool Points : 4749
Registration date : 2011-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 2:04 pm

From Laura's twitter just now "Any drummers out there willing to drop everything they're doing right now, come to FL and learn some songs then go to Australia in 3 weeks? Fame and fortune await"

This whole situation is nuts
Back to top Go down
cooljayhu
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
cooljayhu

Male Number of posts : 1492
Cool Points : 7088
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 2:05 pm

hmsdude24 wrote:
From Laura's twitter just now "Any drummers out there willing to drop everything they're doing right now, come to FL and learn some songs then go to Australia in 3 weeks? Fame and fortune await"

This whole situation is nuts

https://twitter.com/LauraJaneGrace/status/281459095003877376

Ya it's fucking crazy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!   Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jay Weinberg leaving Against Me!
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Against Me! Forum :: Against Me! :: The Band-
Jump to: