Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine.

Go down 
+95
ikomplex
iloveyourmom
Knaggz
Hoshi1221
black_me_out111
Ross
MariaMX
MariaaPOP
hmsdude24
MaddieTampa
xHedraHelix
wlksnake
StevieB
swhiteker72
Lurch
tayz
jodie88
Mechamunky
Sashu
ThusSpokeYourFace
nerdibabe
malanoche
angryballadfist3
WWD4D?
Jersey89
Joaquin_Honest
fromherlips
SmEdD
sgtkingkong
eeejaycee
mrsmalicealice
Mark Narra
XBebop
Raccoon
unibowler
Chops4569
LeMoine
Various Artists
UntilTheyFall
thebanana
Daggar Slade
kuive
atom
lex
thecosmickid
DougG_ATL
mitchard
blake
izumi
Clint
JustinAtWill
Againststevie
Johnny99
Cherry Wench
victimssun
andy99
Breakout
Tim
Aaron
brizanne__
Chalie22
lauraismyhero
raptorsaurus
Ana
S_Carter
Kyle
pintsogin
demmer3
Forftypercent
Pants
hectorinho
ska_sean
nickno
mattharris
Olliesicka
Miles
Califan0
emmsmem
muddz
laurendelore
ashley
skitzo12
Captainsauer
dannyglover
hyperballad
Fornikatieng
Chason
vb
pookieray
cooljayhu
Knate
DavyGrolton
JessBowles
oldgospelchoir
99 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18
AuthorMessage
emmsmem
Untouchable
Untouchable
emmsmem

Female Number of posts : 457
Cool Points : 5995
Registration date : 2009-06-07

new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine. - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine.   new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 2:28 am

What is the point of restricting videos like this? What do they gain?
Back to top Go down
Jersey89
Untouchable
Untouchable
Jersey89

Female Number of posts : 319
Cool Points : 4857
Registration date : 2011-12-31

PostSubject: Re: new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine.   new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 2:07 am

Ah it's almost been a year since we got the news...unbelievable.

Back to top Go down
Various Artists
Untouchable
Untouchable
Various Artists

Male Number of posts : 265
Cool Points : 4978
Registration date : 2011-08-01

PostSubject: Re: new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine.   new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 5:00 pm

Is anyone tuning into the interview with Laura on BBC radio 1 which is about a minute away?

Looking at you, Aaron.
Back to top Go down
Breakout
Untouchable
Untouchable
Breakout

Number of posts : 446
Cool Points : 5317
Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine.   new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 5:30 pm

It's really good so far. I'm sure it will be available online shortly.
Back to top Go down
http://epikureanlifestyle.tumblr.com/
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

Male Number of posts : 3490
Cool Points : 9215
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine.   new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 5:51 pm

Various Artists wrote:
Is anyone tuning into the interview with Laura on BBC radio 1 which is about a minute away?

Looking at you, Aaron.

I'll be trying soon to record it from iPlayer. I also have the NME article if anybody is interested =)
Back to top Go down
Breakout
Untouchable
Untouchable
Breakout

PostSubject: Re: new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine.   new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 6:00 pm

*interested*

And, honestly, this show had such an amazing playlist!
Back to top Go down
Various Artists
Untouchable
Untouchable
Various Artists

PostSubject: Re: new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine.   new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 6:09 pm

Aaron wrote:
Various Artists wrote:
Looking at you, Aaron.

I'll be trying soon to record it from iPlayer. I also have the NME article if anybody is interested =)

I mentioned you because you're one of the few from the UK. And uh... that NME article sounds... good.

Really great show. I was surprised they played the songs the did. Hot shit. Learnt a lot as well.

This has been a productive day.
Back to top Go down
Breakout
Untouchable
Untouchable
Breakout

PostSubject: Re: new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine.   new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 6:13 pm

I also like that it directly addressed people with gender dysphoria who haven't talked to anyone about it yet.

And Laura's "there are boys who have a vagina and girls who have a penis".
Back to top Go down
Various Artists
Untouchable
Untouchable
Various Artists

PostSubject: Re: new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine.   new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 6:21 pm

The part about not asking whether they're post-op or pre-op was helpful because I feel that that's something I would have done  Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
Breakout
Untouchable
Untouchable
Breakout

PostSubject: Re: new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine.   new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 6:25 pm

If I remember correctly Laura was talking about that option more openly in previous interviews. Didn't know that it's such a taboo. On the other hand, indeed, private parts are called private parts for a reason.
Back to top Go down
Various Artists
Untouchable
Untouchable
Various Artists

PostSubject: Re: new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine.   new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 6:37 pm

My mum asked me 'Why are you so interested in gender dysphoria?' and I was trying to explain why I was so interested and then Laura said that line 'there are boys who have a vagina and girls who have a penis'... It was... there was an awkward silence for sure.

I suppose that Laura had to say 'private parts are called private parts for a reason' because while she might feel comfortable responding, many in the transgender community wouldn't feel comfortable
Back to top Go down
Breakout
Untouchable
Untouchable
Breakout

PostSubject: Re: new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine.   new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 9:42 pm

That would be the best place to discuss it. If anyone likes to discuss it at all.

Quote :
MARTIN: You revealed your gender dysphoria in a 2012 Rolling Stone interview and started taking hormone therapy, I understand, a few months after that. Initially, you and your wife had decided to stay together. Is that something that is still in transition?

GRACE: Yeah. I mean, I'll be honest, I live alone right now.

http://www.npr.org/2014/01/19/263503567/laura-jane-grace-transgendered-punk-on-life-in-transition
Back to top Go down
cooljayhu
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
cooljayhu

Male Number of posts : 1492
Cool Points : 7088
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine.   new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 11:32 pm

Breakout wrote:
That would be the best place to discuss it. If anyone likes to discuss it at all.

Quote :
MARTIN: You revealed your gender dysphoria in a 2012 Rolling Stone interview and started taking hormone therapy, I understand, a few months after that. Initially, you and your wife had decided to stay together. Is that something that is still in transition?

http://www.npr.org/2014/01/19/263503567/laura-jane-grace-transgendered-punk-on-life-in-transition

That's really sad but kind of inevitable in a way. It sounds harsh but Heather married Tom Gabel not Laura Jane Grace. Still sad though.
Back to top Go down
Lurch
From Her Lips to God's Ears
Lurch

Male Number of posts : 243
Cool Points : 6018
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine.   new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 9:58 am

cooljayhu wrote:
Breakout wrote:

Quote :

That's really sad but kind of inevitable in a way. It sounds harsh but Heather married Tom Gabel not Laura Jane Grace. Still sad though.

This is a really boneheaded and insensitive thing to say. Laura is still the person that she's always been. I can imagine the strain that this put on their relationship, but I doubt it's as simple as "oh you're not Tom anymore so I don't love you now, bye."
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

Male Number of posts : 3490
Cool Points : 9215
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine.   new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 10:05 am

Lurch wrote:
cooljayhu wrote:
Breakout wrote:

Quote :

This is a really boneheaded and insensitive thing to say. Laura is still the person that she's always been. I can imagine the strain that this put on their relationship, but I doubt it's as simple as "oh you're not Tom anymore so I don't love you now, bye."

I don't think it's insensitive. Heather may have been more attracted to the lie that Laura was living and if so, that is totally fine. If you marry someone, you expect to love the person you marry. I don't see any malice on Laura's part either. The past two years have just been a case of survival. It's really sad though, and puts FML666 in a totally new light to me.
Back to top Go down
saintjonah
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Number of posts : 10
Cool Points : 3962
Registration date : 2013-07-18

PostSubject: Re: new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine.   new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 10:44 am

Lurch wrote:
cooljayhu wrote:
Breakout wrote:

Quote :

How is that boneheaded? It's just true. If my wife decided to become a man I would have a hard time saying that everything would be the same and we'd just go on living life together. Obviously it wasn't as simple as "you changed. bye", she seemed on board in the beginning. But I don't think you CAN imagine the strain something like this would put on a marriage. This isn't just Tom changing his name and wearing girl clothes. I found it hard to believe that Heather was going to stick it out. She's, as far as I can tell, not a lesbian. She married a man who later turned out to be a woman. I can see that being a deal breaker. No disrespect to Laura, I can just see where there might be irreconcilable issues. And I don't think it's boneheaded OR insensitive to consider that. I think it's shallow and shortsighted to pretend like everything should just be perfectly fine and normal.
Back to top Go down
Breakout
Untouchable
Untouchable
Breakout

PostSubject: Re: new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine.   new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 11:16 am

Just a note: Laura didn't say they have broken up.
Back to top Go down
cooljayhu
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
cooljayhu

Male Number of posts : 1492
Cool Points : 7088
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine.   new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 2:47 pm

Lurch wrote:
cooljayhu wrote:
Breakout wrote:

Quote :

That's not what I meant at all. I'm sure where it matters Laura is the same person however I don't think it's fair to expect someone to maintain a romantic relationship with someone that undergoes that drastic of a change. Heather married Tom, what she thought was a male. It turned she actually married Laura a transgender female. I just think that's too much for a relationship to handle. However as it's been pointed out Laura didn't say they had officially broken up or separated so I really hope they can work out any differences. Fuck maybe it doesn't have anything to do with Laura's transition at all but I would be surprised if it didn't.
Back to top Go down
telegraphrocks
telegraphrocks

Male Number of posts : 177
Cool Points : 5934
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine.   new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 5:37 pm

I'm going to be the dickhead and make a dumb joke right now.

If they do break up... I call dibs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pjsdisco
telegraphrocks
telegraphrocks

Male Number of posts : 177
Cool Points : 5934
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine.   new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 9:50 pm

Before someone calls me a real dick, I should note that I hope that do NOT split, and my comment is coming from nothing but insane amounts of love for Laura for the past 12 years.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pjsdisco
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine.   new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine. - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new May 2012 interview on Rolling Stone Magazine.
Page 18 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18