Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best Friends Day 10

Go down 
+4
hlflp360
JoshRaymond
pintsogin
Lurch
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lurch
From Her Lips to God's Ears
Lurch

Male Number of posts : 243
Cool Points : 6024
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Best Friends Day 10 Empty
PostSubject: Best Friends Day 10   Best Friends Day 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 8:26 pm

AM! have been confirmed for Best Friends Day this year, and I just bought my ticket to see pg. 99 on the first night. I haven't seen AM! since 2007, but they've been sounding great with Jay and I'm excited to see them again.

BFD gets better every year! I saw Propagandhi last year and I never wanted it to end.
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

Male Number of posts : 3158
Cool Points : 8121
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Day 10   Best Friends Day 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 8:51 pm

hahah now their legit again everyone wants them. Now I can be like "yeah stuck with them while you hated them, Asshole"
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Pollard/209701715
JoshRaymond
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JoshRaymond

Male Number of posts : 6478
Cool Points : 8958
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Day 10   Best Friends Day 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 9:26 pm

haha, who else is confirmed for this?
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Day 10   Best Friends Day 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 9:37 pm

http://www.punknews.org/article/42103
Back to top Go down
hlflp360
Untouchable
Untouchable
hlflp360

Male Number of posts : 464
Cool Points : 5870
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Day 10   Best Friends Day 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 9:38 pm

FUCK YES! bfd is gonna be fucking crazy this year!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
Lurch
Lurch

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Day 10   Best Friends Day 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 11:17 pm

pintsogin wrote:
hahah now their legit again everyone wants them. Now I can be like "yeah stuck with them while you hated them, Asshole"

I really doubt that's the case--"indie" festivals going "OMG AGAINST ME ARE NO LONGER ON A MAJOR THEY NEED TO PLAY THIS." I'm sure they always had the option of playing things like BFD or the Fest and didn't think it was the right time for whatever reason. I also doubt that thousands of punk kids are clamoring to see them here; the kids that went last year will probably go again this year, and although they haven't gone out of their way to see an AM! show recently, wouldn't mind seeing them play with 10 other bands at Hadad's Lake or wherever.
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Day 10   Best Friends Day 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 1:27 am

i dont know if they had the option or not. Its ironic that they are billed to play these fests right after they leave a major label. Then again it could have been contractual things or busy touring with other bands and now their more free to do what they want.

i think ppl who wore anti-gabel/AM! shirts will start liking them again. To what degree idk, but any degree is just funny/ironic/hypocritical seeing as how we stuck with them through it all. I defended this band many times so I think if i get the chance to say "ha!" i will take it.
Back to top Go down
schampo
Borne on the FM Waves
Borne on the FM Waves

Number of posts : 71
Cool Points : 5059
Registration date : 2010-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Day 10   Best Friends Day 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 7:01 pm

Does "anti Gabel t-shirts" really exist? Seriously?
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Day 10   Best Friends Day 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 10:48 pm

My buddy whos been there 3 times says he's seen em.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7877
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Day 10   Best Friends Day 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:14 am

Fucking pathetic isn't it
Back to top Go down
Lurch
Lurch

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Day 10   Best Friends Day 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:41 am

Who gives a shit? The people who wear those shirts aren't any worse than the people who say "I'VE LIKED THEM THE WHOLE TIME" like it's some kind of competition.
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Day 10   Best Friends Day 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 10:31 am

I'm not saying i would bragg about it or make a shirt but it deserves some kind of feeling of 'i told you so'. I took lots of shit these last few years for liking New Wave and Crosses and seeing my one buddy actually get psyched about AM! at the fest is just ridiculous. idk, if you don't understand how i might get some satisfaction out of that your friends probably didn't care about AM! one way or the other, or your just more mature.
Back to top Go down
schampo
Borne on the FM Waves
Borne on the FM Waves

Number of posts : 71
Cool Points : 5059
Registration date : 2010-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Day 10   Best Friends Day 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 12:24 pm

Ross wrote:
Fucking pathetic isn't it

It really is!
Back to top Go down
dannyglover
Untouchable
Untouchable

Number of posts : 280
Cool Points : 5996
Registration date : 2008-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Day 10   Best Friends Day 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 1:32 pm

The fact of the matter is the DIY community doesn't give a fuck either way about AM! and have since moved on. To be totally honest, this is the only place on the internet that still makes an issue one way or the other about whether or not the band "sold out", which is pretty lame if you think about it. The band stopped caring, the haters stopped caring, so us fans should stop caring as well.
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7594
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Day 10   Best Friends Day 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 1:32 pm

I like how people are complaining that it's going to drawn Against Me's 'new crowd' and ruin it for them. You know those assholes with be there watching.
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Day 10   Best Friends Day 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 1:34 pm

dannyglover wrote:
The fact of the matter is the DIY community doesn't give a fuck either way about AM! and have since moved on. To be totally honest, this is the only place on the internet that still makes an issue one way or the other about whether or not the band "sold out", which is pretty lame if you think about it. The band stopped caring, the haters stopped caring, so us fans should stop caring as well.

If you read 90% of the comments on Punknews related to Against Me! it's pretty obvious they still haven't gotten over it.
Back to top Go down
dannyglover
Untouchable
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Day 10   Best Friends Day 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 2:00 pm

Having said that, BFD looks fucking rad this year and if I still lived on the east coast I would be there in a heartbeat. I'm especially stoked that my friends in New Creases got added to the lineup because they're about as underrated as they come. Imagine early Trio with male and female vox. So good.
Back to top Go down
dannyglover
Untouchable
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Day 10   Best Friends Day 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 2:06 pm

lex wrote:
dannyglover wrote:

If you read 90% of the comments on Punknews related to Against Me! it's pretty obvious they still haven't gotten over it.
I flat-out reject this premise. As an AM! fan I want to say that we need to stop fucking demonizing Punknews. It is a fucking outstanding website and it provides the exposure that the bands we all love need. The only way your statement works is if you mean "read" in the past tense.

Yeah, lots of Against Me! bashing going on there...
Face it..punks have gotten over their breakup with AM! and have found other bands that they love now and will hate later. The band's impact was not so indelible that it still hurts five years after they left Fat. This forum would be a much better place if discussions didn't always devolve into pointlessly mocking DIY punks who, at this point, could not give a fuck about Tom Gabel or his band. Seriously. And I think the band would probably agree.
Back to top Go down
Lurch
Lurch

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Day 10   Best Friends Day 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 3:22 pm

dannyglover wrote:
lex wrote:
dannyglover wrote:

I flat-out reject this premise. As an AM! fan I want to say that we need to stop fucking demonizing Punknews. It is a fucking outstanding website and it provides the exposure that the bands we all love need. The only way your statement works is if you mean "read" in the past tense.

Face it..punks have gotten over their breakup with AM! and have found other bands that they love now and will hate later. The band's impact was not so indelible that it still hurts five years after they left Fat. This forum would be a much better place if discussions didn't always devolve into pointlessly mocking DIY punks who, at this point, could not give a fuck about Tom Gabel or his band. Seriously. And I think the band would probably agree.

Spot on. This isn't 2005 anymore.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Day 10   Best Friends Day 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 3:24 pm

Psh, I can't mention against me! to people without some cunt chiming in to inform me about how they've "sold out" or whatever. The problem is that most of these "hater" kids are just plain ol' posers or elitist pricks repeating what they read on the internet somewhere, regurgitating other folks opinions like they had an original fucking thought of their own for a change instead of stagnating in their own brainpiss. I don't even bother to argue anymore since it's so fucking tiresome.

Either way, I agree that mocking the DIY scene isn't the answer. There's morons and good folk in every scene (except maybe nazi-punk?).

As for punk news I have literally no opinion, never go there.
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Day 10   Best Friends Day 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 3:33 pm

dannyglover wrote:
lex wrote:
dannyglover wrote:

Sure, the people who work at Punknews mean well in supporting the bands they post about, and I support that. I'm not 'demonizing' the site, it's the people who feel the need to share their shitty opinions.
Back to top Go down
Lurch
Lurch

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Day 10   Best Friends Day 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 11:47 pm

Are we seriously arguing about Punknews? Of course the people that comment there are idiots--that's a given. They make shitty sexist remarks about girls in bands and are general douche bags. I don't think Against Me needs an internet defense team rushing to their every need, though.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Day 10   Best Friends Day 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 7:49 am

If they do I'm joining it purely for the jumpsuit uniform requirement
Back to top Go down
hlflp360
Untouchable
Untouchable
hlflp360

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Day 10   Best Friends Day 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 6:22 pm

http://www.bestfriendsdayrva.com/?p=523

get excited!
Back to top Go down
hlflp360
Untouchable
Untouchable
hlflp360

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Day 10   Best Friends Day 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 11:03 pm

bfd is one week away. i got somebody to cover me for saturday at work so i'll be seeing against me! and my friend is moving back to rva for school, so i've got a place to stay for the weekend. i am excited Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends Day 10   Best Friends Day 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Friends Day 10
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Against Me! Forum :: Against Me! :: Tour-
Jump to: