Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

direct hit/mix tapes

Go down 
+15
hockeyrocks5757
iloveyourmom
Raccoon
Chops4569
oldgospelchoir
CoreyGregory
Tim
Ana
raptorsaurus
hlflp360
JoshRaymond
dannyglover
cooljayhu
DavyGrolton
pintsogin
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

Male Number of posts : 3158
Cool Points : 8121
Registration date : 2008-02-01

direct hit/mix tapes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: direct hit/mix tapes   direct hit/mix tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:54 pm

no. no Sad in my mind i did.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Pollard/209701715
JoshRaymond
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JoshRaymond

Male Number of posts : 6478
Cool Points : 8958
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: direct hit/mix tapes   direct hit/mix tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:15 pm

haha, isnt the other singer really protective of her? Im sure its prob hard to even buy her a drink haha
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: direct hit/mix tapes   direct hit/mix tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:06 pm

i have no idea. i imagine the whole band is. The pretty girl is the reason they get shows.
Back to top Go down
dannyglover
Untouchable
Untouchable

Number of posts : 280
Cool Points : 5996
Registration date : 2008-10-01

PostSubject: Re: direct hit/mix tapes   direct hit/mix tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 4:36 am

That's pretty lame of you guys. I know the members of this band and it's fucked up and extremely sexist to imply that their popularity has anything to do with Maura. She's very talented and she co-founded the band. She isn't a gimmick so don't talk about her as if she were. You're welcome to have your opinion on Mixtapes' music, but saying crude and sexist shit about a girl as young as her is not cool.
Also, they get their shows because they work really fucking hard and write good songs.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: direct hit/mix tapes   direct hit/mix tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 9:12 am

haha chill dude, they are a talented band thats why we like them. Maura is just a attractive lady dont think we are being sexist by pointing out.

People these days
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

Male Number of posts : 4431
Cool Points : 10182
Registration date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: direct hit/mix tapes   direct hit/mix tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 9:37 am

Yeah, it's not like they punched her.

Anyway, Joshy! Do you think I would like this stuff?
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Timsalabimbo
JoshRaymond
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: direct hit/mix tapes   direct hit/mix tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 10:14 am

Hmm, not sure you should try it,

Wait, they have a attractive chick in the band so yes you will
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: direct hit/mix tapes   direct hit/mix tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 1:42 pm

yeah i was just messing around. anywhoo
Back to top Go down
cooljayhu
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
cooljayhu

Male Number of posts : 1492
Cool Points : 7094
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: direct hit/mix tapes   direct hit/mix tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 9:15 pm

Do girls even have feelings? Well besides when they have their period.
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: direct hit/mix tapes   direct hit/mix tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 10:50 pm

thats offensive. repent!
Back to top Go down
cooljayhu
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
cooljayhu

PostSubject: Re: direct hit/mix tapes   direct hit/mix tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 12:21 am

pintsogin wrote:
thats offensive. repent!

I'm not religious so no.
Back to top Go down
raptorsaurus
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
raptorsaurus

Male Number of posts : 3197
Cool Points : 8698
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: direct hit/mix tapes   direct hit/mix tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 4:11 am

http://animalstylerecords.bandcamp.com/track/hope-is-for-people

new song!
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: direct hit/mix tapes   direct hit/mix tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 8:43 am

haha yes, and i still want to bang her god damn
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: direct hit/mix tapes   direct hit/mix tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 9:08 am

oh wait dannyglover dont beat me up
Back to top Go down
CoreyGregory
From Her Lips to God's Ears
From Her Lips to God's Ears
CoreyGregory

Male Number of posts : 217
Cool Points : 5057
Registration date : 2011-02-16

PostSubject: Re: direct hit/mix tapes   direct hit/mix tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 2:53 pm

Can anyone give me a link to Direct Hits 5 eps?
Back to top Go down
dannyglover
Untouchable
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: direct hit/mix tapes   direct hit/mix tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 12:20 pm

JoshRaymond wrote:
I won't "beat you up", but it'd be cool if you kept comments like that to yourself. She doesn't play in the band to be objectified like this. I'm serious, these guys are my friends and it's really douchey to come on a website and talk about people in a band you supposedly enjoy in a way that they would find offensive. Also, if it makes any difference to you, Maura and Ryan, the two singers, are a couple. Don't talk about someone's girlfriend like that. She's not some celebrity who has compromised herself in order to be fawned over by horny dudes behind a keyboard. She just graduated from high school, for christ's sake.
Back to top Go down
oldgospelchoir
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
oldgospelchoir

Male Number of posts : 634
Cool Points : 5576
Registration date : 2010-12-10

PostSubject: Re: direct hit/mix tapes   direct hit/mix tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 2:11 pm

dannyglover wrote:
JoshRaymond wrote:
I won't "beat you up", but it'd be cool if you kept comments like that to yourself. She doesn't play in the band to be objectified like this. I'm serious, these guys are my friends and it's really douchey to come on a website and talk about people in a band you supposedly enjoy in a way that they would find offensive. Also, if it makes any difference to you, Maura and Ryan, the two singers, are a couple. Don't talk about someone's girlfriend like that. She's not some celebrity who has compromised herself in order to be fawned over by horny dudes behind a keyboard. She just graduated from high school, for christ's sake.

its the internet dude. everyone has an opinion. Josh just stated his opinion and so did you....theres nothing wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
dannyglover
Untouchable
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: direct hit/mix tapes   direct hit/mix tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 2:44 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
dannyglover wrote:
JoshRaymond wrote:

its the internet dude. everyone has an opinion. Josh just stated his opinion and so did you....theres nothing wrong with that.
Right...And context is irrelevant? Objectifying women is NEVER cool, especially those who take part in a scene that is built on the idea of equality, and thinking otherwise is lame. This is a systemic problem, and if anything, DIY punk ought to be a place where women can create music and be judged by the same criteria as are their male friends/bandmates, instead of being treated as pin-up girls like they are in the rest of the music world. Just saying. It's bad for punk rock. I can't wait to hear the typical DIY-bashing that this post will surely trigger.
Back to top Go down
oldgospelchoir
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
oldgospelchoir

Male Number of posts : 634
Cool Points : 5576
Registration date : 2010-12-10

PostSubject: Re: direct hit/mix tapes   direct hit/mix tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 3:16 pm

dannyglover wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
dannyglover wrote:
JoshRaymond wrote:

Right...And context is irrelevant? Objectifying women is NEVER cool, especially those who take part in a scene that is built on the idea of equality, and thinking otherwise is lame. This is a systemic problem, and if anything, DIY punk ought to be a place where women can create music and be judged by the same criteria as are their male friends/bandmates, instead of being treated as pin-up girls like they are in the rest of the music world. Just saying. It's bad for punk rock. I can't wait to hear the typical DIY-bashing that this post will surely trigger.

No ONE said objectifying women is cool...and I don't think Josh or anyone here on this forum judges her music any different just because she's a female. I think we all judge bands by the music they create and not by what the members in the band look like, I understand if you don't agree with Josh's opinion and I'm not saying that I do but its the internet and the matter of fact is that people will say whatever they want...if you don't like it then learn to ignore it or go out there and do something about it. Arguing over the internet isn't gonna do anything.

Like i said Im not saying that Josh or you are right about the topic. But if you really don't like the way things are in the so called 'DIY Punk" then get off the internet and do something about it.

Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

PostSubject: Re: direct hit/mix tapes   direct hit/mix tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 3:21 pm

i mentioned it to Josh later via text. he said something like 'yeah i was drunk, kinda wish i didnt write that.' So chill, its beers fault.
Back to top Go down
Chops4569
Untouchable
Untouchable
Chops4569

Male Number of posts : 493
Cool Points : 5831
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: direct hit/mix tapes   direct hit/mix tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 3:28 pm

How would you expect Josh to treat women? I mean, look at his avatar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Lizzardking69
dannyglover
Untouchable
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: direct hit/mix tapes   direct hit/mix tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 5:05 pm

It's cool, and it's nothing against Josh. I'm sure he's not a misogynist or a dick in any way, just trying to stand up for a person from my local scene, that's all. And to whoever called it "so-called DIY punk", I'm not sure why you're being condescending about this. If you knew anything about the Ohio punk scene, you'd know that Mixtapes are VERY much a DIY band, and in response to telling me to "do something" about it, I'm not sure what that even means. I help put on shows at spaces that have a strict anti-sexist, homophobic, transphobic, classist, racist, etc. policy, so I think that's about as much as I can do...I'm kind of sick of people acting like the Internet in 2011 is wholly separate from real life. "It's the internet, bro" is such a copout. But that's neither here nor there. Point is, people should be cool about this kind of shit. And I think we all agree on that. So, whatever. We all say shit when we're drunk that we didn't think through completely.
Back to top Go down
raptorsaurus
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
raptorsaurus

Male Number of posts : 3197
Cool Points : 8698
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: direct hit/mix tapes   direct hit/mix tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 7:51 pm

I've learned that you shouldn't take the internet too seriously.

Anyways, great band nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
cooljayhu
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
cooljayhu

PostSubject: Re: direct hit/mix tapes   direct hit/mix tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Boys have penises, girls have vaginas
Back to top Go down
Chops4569
Untouchable
Untouchable
Chops4569

Male Number of posts : 493
Cool Points : 5831
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: direct hit/mix tapes   direct hit/mix tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 10:15 pm

I heard that Josh Raymond called a pregnant lady a bitch and then pushed her down a stair case.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Lizzardking69
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: direct hit/mix tapes   direct hit/mix tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

direct hit/mix tapes
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next