Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I need advice.

Go down 
+5
highonbutane
StoolPigeon
hyperballad
billy pilgrim
vitotaquito
9 posters
AuthorMessage
vitotaquito
From Her Lips to God's Ears
vitotaquito

Male Number of posts : 243
Cool Points : 5684
Registration date : 2008-11-02

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: I need advice.   I need advice. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 9:01 pm

Theres this girl I like, and things were good, and we were talking then all of a sudden she just wants to be my friend.
I told her that if I couldnt have her as my girlfriend then I dont want her at all, and that was pretty much it.

is that selfish?
i dont know what to do
help guys?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/boohaleh

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 9:07 pm

I think that just makes it confusing, because it makes it seem like you don't want anything to do with her, yet you want her to be your girlfriend. Do you honestly not want to be friends with her? I think you should stay friends with her because she might change her mind someday, but cutting off all ties with her because you want to go out with her is just silly.
Back to top Go down
vitotaquito
vitotaquito

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 9:13 pm

I still like her, but like I said if I cant have her like that, then i dont want to even look at her because it'll just remind me of what im not having and it'll just bring me down more.

it sounds selfish, which im not, but i just cant help it this time.

i miss her so much and i cant stop thinking about her
but.... i dont know
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
billy pilgrim

Female Number of posts : 1845
Cool Points : 6094
Registration date : 2008-01-17

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 9:14 pm

I feel like life's too short to cut ties with people like that. If you need some space before you can be friends then that's one thing, but cutting ties completely with someone like that seems excessive. That said I don't know the specifics of your situation so I don't really think I'm qualified to say anything...I'm not very helpful, am I.
Back to top Go down
vitotaquito
vitotaquito

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 9:17 pm

no you are, I get what you're saying.

I dont know, I guess its just cause i just have alot of negative feelings right now, and because i've heard that just friends shit so many times it just gets old.

maybe when I cool off, who knows
Back to top Go down
hyperballad
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
hyperballad

Female Number of posts : 3318
Cool Points : 7492
Registration date : 2008-07-17

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 9:17 pm

it kinda sounds like you're a control freak. you don't seem to see her as a person with her own judgements and feelings, but as someone who has to do what you want or they're not worth it.

my advice is to let her make her own decision, and then just deal with it. I'm sorry if that's harsh, but that's just the way it is.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
vitotaquito
vitotaquito

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 9:19 pm

I did let her make her decision, and it made me bitter towards her.
Back to top Go down
hyperballad
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
hyperballad

Female Number of posts : 3318
Cool Points : 7492
Registration date : 2008-07-17

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 9:21 pm

well then if that's what she wants, you're gonna just have to deal with it. you can't force people into doing things they don't want.

if you're really that bitter towards her, avoid her for a while until you're reading to talk. just don't make her feel like shit for not reciprocating the feelings you have for her.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
vitotaquito
vitotaquito

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 9:24 pm

I know, and thats why I feel like shit.
but I just can't talk to her know, it'll just depress me more.
and i think im being like this because this has happened to me so many times. its like reading the same book over and over again
and i thought this one was going to end differently, but as always, i was wrong
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
billy pilgrim

Female Number of posts : 1845
Cool Points : 6094
Registration date : 2008-01-17

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 9:29 pm

Just give yourself some space, and tell her that's what you're doing. I know it sucks, I've been in your place about a million times, but if you really like her as a person and she's willing to be friends, it might be worth it to try that after you give yourself some time to cool off and sort out your feelings.
Back to top Go down
vitotaquito
vitotaquito

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 9:39 pm

true.
thank you so much, all of you you gave advice.

I guess I just need to dry out and clear my mind.

(AM! refrence)
but for real, i'll give it some time, thanks again, and for any of you who care, i'll let you know what happens
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

Male Number of posts : 6265
Cool Points : 10197
Registration date : 2008-07-20

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 10:29 am

STORY OF MY FUCKING LIFE.
Back to top Go down
vitotaquito
vitotaquito

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 4:48 pm

right there with you pal
Back to top Go down
highonbutane
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!

Male Number of posts : 541
Cool Points : 5763
Registration date : 2009-01-01

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 2:05 pm

i think if anything you're out there looking for relationships and you're unintentionally putting pressure on girls here and there. you just need to relax. you're 17! girls are gonna come and go bro, just have a good time whenever you leave the house and don't worry about simple shit like girls. i promise, you'll get a real one one day and she'll shit on you and take all your stuff. and you'll get fired from a really good job and have to sell everything you have left. like your xbox 360 you got for your birthday. and when you sell it to some douchebag asshole with male pattern baldness at gamestop for $105 you almost want to throw up, but you don't. you grit your teeth and go home just to see your girlfriend with some cunt who calls himself "kenny love". and your friends won't want to hang out with you because all you talk about is your ex... and you get drunk and cry in front of a lot of people.

yep - don't worry, one day you'll find one too.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7880
Registration date : 2008-03-17

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 3:19 pm

...yet somehow, it's still worth it.
Back to top Go down

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 4:59 pm

its sort of un-fair to tell someone that you want to go out with them or just forget them.
thats like saying i want to play guitar perfectly or not at all but its worse cause people have feelings and guitars dont.

like you really have to just cool down and let her make up her mind for herself!
you sound like hitler or something, no offense, ok yea i meant that offensively but come on!
Back to top Go down
Benedetto
Untouchable
Untouchable
Benedetto

Male Number of posts : 433
Cool Points : 5651
Registration date : 2008-12-07

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 5:02 pm

highonbutane wrote:
i think if anything you're out there looking for relationships and you're unintentionally putting pressure on girls here and there. you just need to relax. you're 17! girls are gonna come and go bro, just have a good time whenever you leave the house and don't worry about simple shit like girls. i promise, you'll get a real one one day and she'll shit on you and take all your stuff. and you'll get fired from a really good job and have to sell everything you have left. like your xbox 360 you got for your birthday. and when you sell it to some douchebag asshole with male pattern baldness at gamestop for $105 you almost want to throw up, but you don't. you grit your teeth and go home just to see your girlfriend with some cunt who calls himself "kenny love". and your friends won't want to hang out with you because all you talk about is your ex... and you get drunk and cry in front of a lot of people.

Best post I've read in a long time.

And, Vit, don't feel so bad about it. It's not your fault, its not her fault, blah blah blah.

That's youth!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/words_arent_deeds
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

Male Number of posts : 3158
Cool Points : 8124
Registration date : 2008-02-01

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 6:46 pm

no dude your totally right. being friends with a girl you like sucks. Especially when she starts seeing some one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Pollard/209701715
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

Male Number of posts : 3158
Cool Points : 8124
Registration date : 2008-02-01

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 7:00 pm

know what? ironically i just got off the phone with this girl. am wrong and a hypocrite. don't listen to me
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Pollard/209701715
Benedetto
Untouchable
Untouchable
Benedetto

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 7:32 pm

pintsogin wrote:
know what? ironically i just got off the phone with this girl. am wrong and a hypocrite. don't listen to me

this thread is becoming a romantic comedy! Smile
Back to top Go down
highonbutane
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!

Male Number of posts : 541
Cool Points : 5763
Registration date : 2009-01-01

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 7:39 pm

you wanna talk about a "romantic comedy" ? you should see my ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend. my god, why do they always pick up a douche bag after wards? i mean, i'm in the same category with this cheese-headed mother fucker.
Back to top Go down

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 1:14 am

your life sucks?
at the moment at least its clear from that little story you wrote.
however, you gotta keep your cool, dont knock yourself down
its trial and error ( error being a big part of it)
gotta learn from past mistakes, double takes,
people fake, need some fucking shit to break
mirrors, chairs, people who stare,
fuck who cares, this is free verse,
gets worse, so you converse,
gets better, feel better,
nothing changin, so whatever,
take to the streets, find something new
be yorself, a happy self.
be the biggest smartass mofo you can be!

wtf, im sorry i didnt know i was capable of this madness.
how ever there is truth in that ramplin bramble.
life is gonna kick the ever living shit out of you! just gotta know how to take it and deal with it, in the end, youll win, youll win life, everyone will.
Back to top Go down
Benedetto
Untouchable
Untouchable
Benedetto

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 6:04 am

highonbutane wrote:
you wanna talk about a "romantic comedy" ? you should see my ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend. my god, why do they always pick up a douche bag after wards? i mean, i'm in the same category with this cheese-headed mother fucker.

Haha

I once referred to my life as a bad Ben Stiller movie, because he always just gets royally shit on the whole way through, even though he's a good guy.
Back to top Go down
kropotkin
Untouchable
Untouchable
kropotkin

Male Number of posts : 357
Cool Points : 5884
Registration date : 2008-04-10

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 8:18 am

highonbutane wrote:

Ouch! Had some of that happen to me tho ;-)

And sorry all, but honestly sometimes selfish isn't so bad. Sometimes I just need a clean break, like it or not, that's just how I am.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pedesx
vitotaquito
vitotaquito

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 5:11 pm

yeah, thats what i've been realizing. i'm starting to get over it.
thank you guys i appriciate it
i acted like an ass, im gonna talk to her soon and just enjoy my single life
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need advice.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Against Me! Forum :: Other :: General Chat-