Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.

Go down 
+14
hyperballad
mattharris
Jannan
spraypainthero
Pants
Joaquin_Honest
vb
ClockworkRobot
Shawn!
WithoutEnd
Johnny99
lex
Zedeff
Clint
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Clint
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Clint

Male Number of posts : 1801
Cool Points : 6780
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday. Empty
PostSubject: Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.   Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 5:11 pm

The difference was striking. Men in the highest intake category had 41 million sperm per milliliter less than men who ate no soy foods. A normal sperm count ranges from 80 million and 120 million per milliliter, and a sperm count of 20 million per milliliter or below is considered low.

Last edited by Bluuu on Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.   Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 5:15 pm

That's odd.
Back to top Go down
Zedeff
Untouchable
Untouchable

Number of posts : 286
Cool Points : 5861
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.   Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 5:23 pm

It's not that odd. I believe soy has lots of estrogens in it.
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7609
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.   Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 5:32 pm

Damn, this is a long title. Yea, they say it causes breast cancer too. I don't eat that much of it, but every once in a while I indulge in a soy protein Boca Burger. I bake with Soy milk, but per serving the amount of soy is very little. I think it's just like anything else, you have to eat it in moderation.
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Johnny99

Male Number of posts : 2868
Cool Points : 7831
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.   Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 5:51 pm

haha, i dunno all this healthy stuff sounds pretty unhealthy
Back to top Go down
WithoutEnd
Untouchable
Untouchable
WithoutEnd

Number of posts : 332
Cool Points : 5885
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.   Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 7:17 pm

Well that sucks. I can't drink real milk, and I love soy milk! Fuuuuuuuck me! Sad
Back to top Go down
Shawn!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Shawn!

Male Number of posts : 1007
Cool Points : 5957
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.   Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 7:19 pm

WithoutEnd wrote:
Well that sucks. I can't drink real milk, and I love soy milk! Fuuuuuuuck me! Sad
Ok Wink
I kid,
Back to top Go down
ClockworkRobot
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
ClockworkRobot

Female Number of posts : 1300
Cool Points : 6092
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.   Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 7:22 pm

brb finding a vegetarian man, because i dont want babies.
Back to top Go down
vb
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
vb

Female Number of posts : 1203
Cool Points : 6308
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.   Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 11:47 pm

ClockworkRobot wrote:

Seriously. This just makes vegan/vegetarian men even hotter to me.
Back to top Go down
Joaquin_Honest
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Joaquin_Honest

Male Number of posts : 740
Cool Points : 6150
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.   Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 12:08 am

And everyone wonders why them Vegan men are so fem...

I'm going to tell my friend Bobby this... but I was thinking about becoming a vegan. I'm starting out as a vegetarian, of course. And working into it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jadennny

PostSubject: Re: Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.   Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 12:35 am

the only soy i may have ever had would be on mah chicken fried rice!

i could never be a vegan i love steak its so good! hom num num num num num!
no affence to anyone though, i defenitly dont condone animal cruelty, becuase its just horrible.
Back to top Go down
Pants
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Pants

Male Number of posts : 3126
Cool Points : 7764
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.   Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 1:29 am

Zedeff wrote:
It's not that odd. I believe soy has lots of estrogens in it.

Exactly. Gotta find ways to counter act that
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/cavaliereternal
spraypainthero
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
spraypainthero

Male Number of posts : 823
Cool Points : 6004
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.   Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 3:33 pm

vb wrote:
ClockworkRobot wrote:

i win!
Back to top Go down
ClockworkRobot
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
ClockworkRobot

Female Number of posts : 1300
Cool Points : 6092
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.   Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 6:45 pm

i wonder then if soy could be used as a for of HRT for post menopausal women?
Back to top Go down
Jannan
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
Jannan

Female Number of posts : 13
Cool Points : 5800
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.   Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:28 am

vb wrote:
ClockworkRobot wrote:

Haha, I agree. I'm marrying a vegan guy.

FYI: I'm vegan.
Back to top Go down
Clint
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Clint

PostSubject: Re: Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.   Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:30 am

Well atleast your priorities are in order. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jannan
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
Jannan

PostSubject: Re: Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.   Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:41 am

Bluuu wrote:
Well atleast your priorities are in order. Rolling Eyes

Uhh...was that directed at me?
Back to top Go down
Clint
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Clint

PostSubject: Re: Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.   Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:44 am

You find your soul mate, but he's a meateater.

What do you do next?

A. Pursue
B. Settle
C. Other
Back to top Go down
Jannan
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
Jannan

PostSubject: Re: Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.   Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:50 am

Bluuu wrote:
You find your soul mate, but he's a meateater.

What do you do next?

A. Pursue
B. Settle
C. Other

I don't know.

It's not like I'd NEVER date a meateater. It's just be really, really nice to have a vegeterian, or better yet, a vegan as a partnet. If I fell in love with a meateater, it's very likely that I will stay with them.

I don't think meateaters are horrible people. I think I'm the only vegan in my town! I know a few vegetarians.

It's just kind of a dream/fantasy to find this really nice, vegan guy.
Back to top Go down
Clint
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Clint

PostSubject: Re: Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.   Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:56 am

Only humans pick mates according to feeding preferences. I just saw an English major spell "inanimate" as "Inademite".
Back to top Go down
mattharris
From Her Lips to God's Ears
mattharris

Male Number of posts : 175
Cool Points : 5946
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.   Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 1:11 am

eh, sperm's only good for making babies.
Back to top Go down
hyperballad
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
hyperballad

Female Number of posts : 3318
Cool Points : 7504
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.   Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 1:14 am

on the one hand, there would be a smaller chance of me getting preggers.
but on the other hand, I don't want a pansy boyfriend Razz
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
no_face
no_face

Male Number of posts : 134
Cool Points : 5798
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.   Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 1:21 am

I always enjoy the assumption that vegetarian guys must be "pansies"
Back to top Go down
hyperballad
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
hyperballad

Female Number of posts : 3318
Cool Points : 7504
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.   Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 1:24 am

that's why it was a joke, and it was moreso because of the thread title.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
no_face
no_face

Male Number of posts : 134
Cool Points : 5798
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.   Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 1:26 am

I understand. I was hoping to get someone to agree with me for my own entertainment. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.   Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man's sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next