Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Against Me! answer your questions

Go down 
+43
our_dead
brizanne__
mikeILL
Jozsa
doctoracula
Shawn!
patrickmaier
Johnny99
deepinmyheartlivesanarchy
Ana
takeaim
StoolPigeon
Clint
no_face
vb
spraypainthero
ska_sean
againstmax
drumma
james
atom
ashley
Lurch
ClockworkRobot
Nautical Rudie
filehelp
Lil RoRo
eeejaycee
Pants
Zedeff
arollo
impact
Mark Narra
funnycars
godisdead
WithoutEnd
Ross
Kyle
JoshRaymond
pintsogin
unibowler
Stalls_Standing
lex
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Against Me! answer your questions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Against Me! answer your questions   Against Me! answer your questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:20 pm

impact wrote:
kinda sucks that he said $15 for the s/t 12".
i got one a few years back for 10

Oh my god, would you shut up for once?
Back to top Go down
Kyle
thumbless wonder
Kyle

Male Number of posts : 3639
Cool Points : 7436
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! answer your questions   Against Me! answer your questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:20 pm

laurendelore wrote:
impact wrote:

Tsssss.....he's gonna need some ice for that burn.
Back to top Go down
impact
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
impact

Male Number of posts : 1243
Cool Points : 6051
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! answer your questions   Against Me! answer your questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:23 pm

laurendelore wrote:
impact wrote:

nope.

it is true.
Tom told me they were selling them for 10 dollars to pay for the expenses, and they werent trying to make any profit on them. and then i hear this "$15" dollar thing, it makes me laugh.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7872
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! answer your questions   Against Me! answer your questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:23 pm

Thanks, I see what y'all mean. It's 4am here now so I'll blame that for my odd mood.

It's just that this is, as far as material possessions go, the equivalent of my own personal holy grail. I never thought I'd sniff an opportunity like this out, ever... Especially the opportunity to hear the original Walking Is Still Honest in such a passionate form, in the flash on my own turntable. Wow...

Best go to bed. Cheers all, g'nite x
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! answer your questions   Against Me! answer your questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:24 pm

impact wrote:
laurendelore wrote:
impact wrote:

nope.

it is true.
Tom told me they were selling them for 10 dollars to pay for the expenses, and they werent trying to make any profit on them. and then i hear this "$15" dollar thing, it makes me laugh.

Inflation?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! answer your questions   Against Me! answer your questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:24 pm

impact wrote:
laurendelore wrote:
impact wrote:

nope.

it is true.

Yeah, cause 5 bucks is such a HUGE difference. Get over it.
Back to top Go down
impact
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
impact

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! answer your questions   Against Me! answer your questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:25 pm

laurendelore wrote:
impact wrote:
laurendelore wrote:
impact wrote:

nope.

it is true.

it is a huge difference when you add 5 dollars to about 200+ copies.
do the math.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
thumbless wonder
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! answer your questions   Against Me! answer your questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:27 pm

$15 is definitely a good price. Especially if people on ebay are selling them for hundreds of dollars, used.
and you get the whole "I got this directly from the band" cool factor with the $15 ones.

Think of the cool factor being $5.

Cool.
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

Female Number of posts : 2008
Cool Points : 5999
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! answer your questions   Against Me! answer your questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:27 pm

Wow. That's pretty whacky about the S/T 12". I had just assumed that was one of those things only super-nerds would ever have in their collections.

I am not a record collector, but I've always wanted to have a copy of their debut hanging up in a frame on my wall as a sort of memento. I know it's silly to explain this on a fucking fan forum, but their music has really meant a lot to me. And how awesome to have their first album framed on my wall forever. I hope Tom isn't so inundated by messages and the sheer work required to mail 300 copies of an album out that I can get hold of one.

I'd feel really bad if people just wanted it to re-sell it. I know that mine wouldn't ever going on eBay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! answer your questions   Against Me! answer your questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:29 pm

impact wrote:
laurendelore wrote:
impact wrote:
laurendelore wrote:
impact wrote:

nope.

it is true.

do the math.

Why does it matter to you so much? You're questioning their ethics like they're fucking everybody over, and it's really not that big of a deal.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
thumbless wonder
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! answer your questions   Against Me! answer your questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:30 pm

arollo wrote:
Wow. That's pretty whacky about the S/T 12". I had just assumed that was one of those things only super-nerds would ever have in their collections.

I am not a record collector, but I've always wanted to have a copy of their debut hanging up in a frame on my wall as a sort of memento. I know it's silly to explain this on a fucking fan forum, but their music has really meant a lot to me. And how awesome to have their first album framed on my wall forever. I hope Tom isn't so inundated by messages and the sheer work required to mail 300 copies of an album out that I can get hold of one.

I'd feel really bad if people just wanted it to re-sell it. I know that mine wouldn't ever going on eBay.

Silly? I think I speak for everyone on this forum when I say that Against Me! means alot to us and we would love this masterpiece..err...ish...on our wall.
Back to top Go down
impact
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
impact

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! answer your questions   Against Me! answer your questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:30 pm

arollo wrote:

i have one of mine framed.

you can actually buy LP frames at a lot of places now.
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

impact wrote:

do the math.

It's called "good business sense".

Greed would be auctioning them off one at a time to the highest bidder, and intimating that there were only 2 or 3 copies, but always having just one more. 15$ isn't greed.
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! answer your questions   Against Me! answer your questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:32 pm

impact wrote:

I know, I saw some at fucking American Eagle, even. I blame college kids for not having the sense to LISTEN to their records, and instead just go buy a bunch of "cool" records to hang up like posters.

This guy who lives on my street has an entire wall of records. All Dylan or Beatles and other suitably "cool" bands. He leaves his windows open so everyone can see how cool he is. What a wanker.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
thumbless wonder
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! answer your questions   Against Me! answer your questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:34 pm

At least he's a cool wanker.

Unlike me...who sits here...with 2 vinyls to his name.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! answer your questions   Against Me! answer your questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:37 pm

Considering I paid the equivalent of about $14 for a not particularly rare dnb single (pretty picture disc though) the other day, $15 is absolutely fuck all.

Yeah I've failed at going to bed.
Back to top Go down
impact
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
impact

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! answer your questions   Against Me! answer your questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:37 pm

laurendelore wrote:
impact wrote:
laurendelore wrote:
impact wrote:
laurendelore wrote:
impact wrote:

nope.

it is true.

do the math.

Why does it matter to you so much? You're questioning their ethics like they're fucking everybody over, and it's really not that big of a deal.

no im not questioning anything. all i did was state that they were selling these for $10 not even a month ago.

i mean, 15 dollars is a great deal, and i really think its cool that they announced to the public that they are selling them to whoever asks. but then again, was it the right choice ? there has been TONS of these on ebay in the last few months because Jordan sent out a few batches of these not too long ago.
Back to top Go down
impact
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
impact

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! answer your questions   Against Me! answer your questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:40 pm

arollo wrote:
impact wrote:

I know, I saw some at fucking American Eagle, even. I blame college kids for not having the sense to LISTEN to their records, and instead just go buy a bunch of "cool" records to hang up like posters.

This guy who lives on my street has an entire wall of records. All Dylan or Beatles and other suitably "cool" bands. He leaves his windows open so everyone can see how cool he is. What a wanker.
if you frame it, make sure you dont keep the actual vinyl in the frame..depending on where you hang it, the heat can fuck it up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! answer your questions   Against Me! answer your questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:41 pm

Actually, you stated that you got yours for ten bucks a few years ago, not a month ago. And yeah I really do think it was the right choice, not all AM! fans are going to sell their copy on ebay. Tom realizes that and he wants to do a nice thing by saving his fans a lot of money.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! answer your questions   Against Me! answer your questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:42 pm

Can we take this thread back to the questions?

I'm still leaping about in excitement for the answer to #1. I never realised Disco was linked to the other two, not at all.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
thumbless wonder
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! answer your questions   Against Me! answer your questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:43 pm

laurendelore wrote:
Actually, you stated that you got yours for ten bucks a few years ago, not a month ago. And yeah I really do think it was the right choice, not all AM! fans are going to sell their copy on ebay. Tom realizes that and he wants to do a nice thing by saving his fans a lot of money.

Every time I read one of your posts, I picture Henry Rollins saying it in a superman costume.
It's pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
impact
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
impact

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! answer your questions   Against Me! answer your questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:44 pm

yes you are correct. i did get mine a few years ago for that price, but i know lots of people that go theirs about a month ago for the same price as well.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! answer your questions   Against Me! answer your questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:45 pm

Ross wrote:

I'm still leaping about in excitement for the answer to #1. I never realised Disco was linked to the other two, not at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! answer your questions   Against Me! answer your questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:46 pm

Ross wrote:

Yeah, that's really interesting. Although it does make sense if you think of Disco being about a homosexual couple, and people have said that SFAFC is about AIDS, and then the cross-dressing references. It's interesting, and I like that the true meaning won't ever be truly known.
Back to top Go down
Zedeff
Untouchable
Untouchable

Number of posts : 286
Cool Points : 5841
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! answer your questions   Against Me! answer your questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:47 pm

Come on guy, all that means is that those three songs are about him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Against Me! answer your questions   Against Me! answer your questions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Against Me! answer your questions
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next