Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Transgender Punk

Go down 
+2
Mr Stocks
transgender_Amber
6 posters
AuthorMessage
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

Female Number of posts : 270
Cool Points : 4602
Registration date : 2012-06-02

Transgender Punk Empty
PostSubject: Transgender Punk   Transgender Punk Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi

My name is Amber Athens Higgins. I'm 35 years old and a punk rocker and a rocker. I'm also a Transsexual/Transgender person; I'm also living with gender identity disorder, GID.I been listing to Against Me sence 2006. My faviort Against me Song is: "I Was a Teenage Anarchist". I want to thank Laura Jane Grace for comming out as Trans. She is an inspiration to me. I hope to be as brave as her someday; sence I haven't fully transition yet!

Its not easy being transsexual/transgender! American society hates us and and reject us. Even more so when we are male to female, m2f. All of the tv and movies that show transsexual/transgender persons only show negative images. Laura is the first postive image of a transsexual/transgender person I've see in a long time in the media! I often feel alone being Transsexual/Transgender,but hearing Laura's story and being a Transsexual/Transgender Punk makes me feel less alone right now. She is an inspiration to me as a Transsexual/Transgender person and as a punk.

I would like to recommend and a few things for Laura to help her out as a Transgender person. One is the music of Jayne County, the first Transsexual/Transgender Punk Rocker from 77 punk. wikipedia.org/wiki/Jayne_County If Laura hasn't hear the song the Jayne County song Man Enough To Be A WomanI would like to recomend it. Also would like to recommend the book "Whipping Girl", which is available on Amazon.com. It is written by another Transsexual/Transgender person, Julia Serano. She is also a musian apart of the band Bitesize that has done many trans songs. bitesize.net. and last I would like to recomened the book Invisible Lives written by another Transsexual/Transgender woman Viviane K. Nmaste. Wich is also on Amazon.com.The fourth chapter chapter is called: "A Gang of Trannies" And is about Transsexual/Transgender male to Female persons in 77 punk and punk in genral. I hope this info can help out Laura and others as it has helped me out as a transsexual/transgender woman.

My question is this: I would like to know when the cd Transgender Dysphoria Blues is comming out? Transsexual/Transgender Punk Rocker I got to get that CD.

I Hope this post isn't too long or to much. I wrote it after reading Laura stroy on line and also being a fan of against me. Also I would like too say to Laur to be strong. I knowwhat its like to bea freak in America for being a punk and being a Transsexual/Transgender woman. I hope sh will stay strong and never give up her gender dream as living as a woman, because I haven't given mine up either.

To my Trans sister May the Bigender Goddess Athena, the feminine God Diónysos and the intersex God/Goddess Hermaphroditos Bless you and be with you in you time of transition and always

Amber Athens Higgins.

Last edited by transgender_Amber on Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

Transgender Punk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transgender Punk   Transgender Punk Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 1:13 pm

All the Pretty Horses is a Another bannd with a Transexual/Trandsgender lead singer. The band Bitesize has a Transexual/Trandsgender member name Julia Serano. Author of the book "Whipping Girl". The band has some Trangender songs that are awsome. And Hunx And His Punx is an glam punk band worth checking out too.
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

Transgender Punk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transgender Punk   Transgender Punk Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 12:30 pm

Lets not forget Jayne County, the first Transsexual/Transgender Punk Rocker from 77 punk, The first punk era. She is the first Transexual Punk, Rock musician, or musician of any genera of music. She is the one that gave David Bowie his Androgynous look. She is also in the sence befor The Ramones and good friends with them.

Jayne County, born Wayne County, influenced artists such as Lou Reed and David Bowie.
.omaha.com/article/20120530/GO/705319993

Who now knows of JAYNE COUNTY, nee Wayne County, or of her life? Forbidden in the 60s, flagrant in the 70s, fabulous in the 80s, forgotten in the 90s, Jayne was all things to all people, and was emulated or ripped off by some of the respective era's most commercially viable rebels. Andy Warhol, David Bowie, the punk rockers, and many more would never have been able to do quite what they did if it hadn't been for Wayne/Jayne County. secondsmagazine.com/articles/24-county.php

When Bowie came along, Wayne County was already a Moonage Daydream, a glittery goose-bumped gash with a big dick, shock-rockin' Max's and CBGB with his second band, Wayne County and the Backstreet Boys. County was rude; there were fights; the crowd loved it, and it seemed as if Bowie's hard-won fame would help County and other space oddities, transvestites, and glam-rockers get their day in the sun. However, according to Jayne's account, Ziggy Stardust stole her ideas, especially the idea for a British Invasion tribute album (which Jayne insists became the basis of Pin-Ups), and Ziggy essentially used Jayne's contract with MainMan to suppress and steal his/her concepts. Who knows?
omaha.com/article/20120530/GO/705319993

Jayne went on to be the house DJ at Max’s Kansas City a restaurant and Nightclub in New York City at 213 Park Avenue South. Max’s opened in 1965 a hangout for artist, politicians, poets and musicians, it was a favorite haunt of Andy Warhol and his Factory people. Another patron of Max’s was David Bowie who based his Glam Rock scene there. backinthegays.com/jayne-county-man-enough-to-be-a-women-in-the-1960s/

But by the late 70's and early 80's hyper masculinity took overthe then rising hardcore punk sence!

It’s not surprising therefore that those trans rock musicians who do gain a certain degree of success tend to be forgotten, if not erased from popular conciousness altogether. An interesting example of this can be found in the case of Jayne County, a trans woman who was a key figure in various pioneering punk bands.

I came across Jayne’s story completely by accident whilst reading an article about the early punk movement in Viviane K. Namaste’s Invisible Lives. Namaste writes about how Jayne was sent to jail after defending herself from a queerphobic audience member at a gig. After she was released, a fundraiser event was held in a prominent punk venue to cover her legal fees. A whole host of bands played, including Blondie, The Ramones, The New York Dolls and Talking Heads. Like these bands, Jayne herself was an influential part of the New York punk scene, as a live musician and DJ. She also appeared in The Blank Generation alongside various other iconic punk groups.

Why, then, has Jayne been broadly forgotten? You have to wonder. She still has hardcore fans, but I’ve never read about her in the mainstream media or seen her alongside some of the pretty obscure groups you tend to find on compilations of oldschool punk, despite the fact she seems to be pretty talented. Namaste argues that Jayne’s absence from modern punk discourse is part and package of the erasure of women and LGBTQ people in general – and trans people in particular - from the discourse of punk following the explosive success of the genre (and the impact of the Sex Pistol’s media image) in 1977. I’m inclined to agree with her: the mainstream media’s portrayal of musical sub-cultures can have a significant impact on the predominant attitudes of their fanbases. You just need to look at how the meaning of emo has changed during the last couple of decades to see how this happens.
transactivist.wordpress.com/2010/07/19/transqueer-rock-music-part-2/

So lets never forget Jayne County; who help make Punk what it is. Without her Influence Glam Rock and punk would have never been, or at least nothing worth anyones time.

May the blessings of the Goddess Athena and the God Diónysos be with us always!
Back to top Go down
Mr Stocks
Untouchable
Untouchable
Mr Stocks

Male Number of posts : 390
Cool Points : 6056
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Transgender Punk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transgender Punk   Transgender Punk Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 9:55 am

Add me on facebook Smile
https://www.facebook.com/charlie.stocks.9
I relate to being trans.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1388366206
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

Transgender Punk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transgender Punk   Transgender Punk Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 9:17 pm

Aww I don't have a facebook account. Otherwise I add you. But nice to meet you on here.

May th Goddess Athena Bless you Always.
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

Transgender Punk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transgender Punk   Transgender Punk Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 9:27 pm

"I relate to being tran."

If its ok; May I ask how you relate to being trans?

May th Goddess Athena Bless you Always.

Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

Transgender Punk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transgender Punk   Transgender Punk Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 3:30 pm

"(The term "cisgender" is a newish phrase that refers to women or men who act according to conventional gender-specific mores and can refer to gay men and lesbians as well as heterosexuals.)"
http://www.edgeboston.com/index.php?ch=news&sc=&sc2=features&sc3=&id=97161
Back to top Go down
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable
transgender_Amber

Transgender Punk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transgender Punk   Transgender Punk Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 9:35 pm

If Go to yahoo's main page and type in transgender punk rock for a web search this page comes up.
http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oGdWzU_EdQrXgAB7NXNyoA?p=transgender%20punk%20rock&fr2=sb-top&fr=fptb-tyc8

Its the second to the last. bounce
Back to top Go down
venus_gasoline
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Number of posts : 2
Cool Points : 4164
Registration date : 2012-12-20

Transgender Punk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transgender Punk   Transgender Punk Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 3:08 am

I gotta tell y'all. I'm sorry, but in all technicality, i'm the first transsexual punk rocker. Because in the future i steal a time machine and go back in time to the 1840s to invest in Google. But things get all criss crossed and i change history like mad.

You wouldn't notice, but i do.

It's freaking crazy.

JFK isn't a panda. The south serves tea that's sweet! that one's pretty cool actually. Also apparently Shaquel O'Neal is a Basketball Player and not the first mechapope of Planet Shatner. Hell. The Soviet Republic of North Dakota hasn't even discovered Planet Shatner yet. It's a disgrace.

Lucky for me, some brilliant fuck invented blankets with sleeves. Give that man a medal.
Back to top Go down
mitchard
Untouchable
Untouchable
mitchard

Male Number of posts : 397
Cool Points : 5358
Registration date : 2010-12-05

Transgender Punk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transgender Punk   Transgender Punk Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 4:11 am

wat
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mitchard
raptorsaurus
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
raptorsaurus

Male Number of posts : 3197
Cool Points : 8690
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Transgender Punk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transgender Punk   Transgender Punk Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 6:12 am

hahaha
Back to top Go down
j4k3
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
j4k3

Male Number of posts : 9
Cool Points : 4079
Registration date : 2013-03-20

Transgender Punk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transgender Punk   Transgender Punk Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 10:07 pm

venus_gasoline wrote:
I gotta tell y'all. I'm sorry, but in all technicality, i'm the first transsexual punk rocker. Because in the future i steal a time machine and go back in time to the 1840s to invest in Google. But things get all criss crossed and i change history like mad.

You wouldn't notice, but i do.

It's freaking crazy.

JFK isn't a panda. The south serves tea that's sweet! that one's pretty cool actually. Also apparently Shaquel O'Neal is a Basketball Player and not the first mechapope of Planet Shatner. Hell. The Soviet Republic of North Dakota hasn't even discovered Planet Shatner yet. It's a disgrace.

Lucky for me, some brilliant fuck invented blankets with sleeves. Give that man a medal.

could you hook me up with some AM! bootlegs with that time machine of yours? maybe we could go back and record some old shows?
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Jayko337
Sponsored content

Transgender Punk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transgender Punk   Transgender Punk Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transgender Punk
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Against Me! Forum :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself!-
Jump to: