Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

smoking ban

Go down 
+2
Kam
pintsogin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

Male Number of posts : 3158
Cool Points : 8115
Registration date : 2008-02-01

smoking ban Empty
PostSubject: smoking ban   smoking ban Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 12:27 pm

I'm not even a smoker and i think some of these bans are stupid. NYC just passed a ban on pretty much anywhere outside. Its not like smokers are running up to joggers and blowing smoke in their face. I cant remember a time a smoker outside bothered me. Banning in public buildings was a great move but this is kind of ridiculous. Its like "We get it, smoking kills. You know what else kills? Guns."

At my school there's a similar ban. People had to go to the edge of campus to light up, which made the school look kind of ghetto to people driving by.

Perhaps in 50 years there will be no smoking because people choose not to, which would be great, but it seems like state governments are going a little overboard.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Pollard/209701715
Kam
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Kam

Female Number of posts : 513
Cool Points : 5856
Registration date : 2009-10-12

smoking ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: smoking ban   smoking ban Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:27 am

To smoke at class, I have to stand right next to the fire lane.

This never fails to amuse me.

Though it's only for the art department, every other building has a smokers pole right next to the door... unless they changed it in the year that I haven't been anywhere else on campus other than the Art building and the English plus the leftovers building and now my classes are right smack in the middle...

Down where I live there's still some places (restaraunts such as Chillis) that you can smoke indoors at but 15 minutes away in Beaumont I'm almost scared to roll down my window to smoke in my car, they're getting kind of strict and I don't keep up with the laws.

But I agree I've seen some proposed anti-smoking laws that are just insane.
Back to top Go down
iloveyourmom
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
iloveyourmom

Male Number of posts : 827
Cool Points : 6331
Registration date : 2008-01-25

smoking ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: smoking ban   smoking ban Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 5:19 pm

I don't care where they make it illegal to smoke so long as I can light up in my vehicle.

Nothing signifies the end of a hard days work like the home commute victory smoke.

Within' a mile of home, I worked hard to earn this cancer stick and I'll damn well enjoy it!

As a smoker I'm not really that flabbergasted by some of the smoking laws. I'm more appalled that they're needed. To be honest, I think some smokers are just plain rude. Especially at places with mandatory out door dining like hole-in-the-wall taco shops or hamburger stands. Nothing kills my appetite like someone else's second hand smoke. I'm always an extra courteous smoker. Even if I'm on my own property I make an attempt to stand like 5 feet from people when I light up. If some smokers weren't so rude the laws wouldn't be necessary but that goes for most frivolous laws of the like. A few assholes ruin it for the majority.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7871
Registration date : 2008-03-17

smoking ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: smoking ban   smoking ban Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 6:33 pm

iloveyourmom wrote:
As a smoker I'm not really that flabbergasted by some of the smoking laws. I'm more appalled that they're needed. To be honest, I think some smokers are just plain rude. Especially at places with mandatory out door dining like hole-in-the-wall taco shops or hamburger stands. Nothing kills my appetite like someone else's second hand smoke. I'm always an extra courteous smoker. Even if I'm on my own property I make an attempt to stand like 5 feet from people when I light up. If some smokers weren't so rude the laws wouldn't be necessary but that goes for most frivolous laws of the like. A few assholes ruin it for the majority.

That's pretty much how I see it and well put. Have a plus
Back to top Go down
Knate
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Knate

Male Number of posts : 1902
Cool Points : 7517
Registration date : 2009-06-17

smoking ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: smoking ban   smoking ban Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 7:49 pm

Ross wrote:
iloveyourmom wrote:

Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

Male Number of posts : 6265
Cool Points : 10188
Registration date : 2008-07-20

smoking ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: smoking ban   smoking ban Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 1:32 am

Knate wrote:
Ross wrote:
iloveyourmom wrote:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

smoking ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: smoking ban   smoking ban Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

smoking ban
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Against Me! Forum :: Other :: Discussions-
Jump to: