Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe

Go down 
+4
Tim
pintsogin
Aaron
StoolPigeon
8 posters
AuthorMessage
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

Male Number of posts : 6265
Cool Points : 10188
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe Empty
PostSubject: Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe   Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 3:33 pm

That's a pretty one-sided report on it, but it seems that in Europe, these days, there are some very anti-Islamic sentiments going around, which are being responded to with unrest by Islamic communities. I think both sides are being fairly ridiculous, here, but it's hard to tell, really, what the best solution would be. What are all your thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

Male Number of posts : 3490
Cool Points : 9215
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe   Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 4:46 pm

It happens everywhere, such as with that tosshead pastor and the Koran burning fiasco.
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

Male Number of posts : 3158
Cool Points : 8115
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe   Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 4:56 pm

i think anti-Islam sentiments are much stronger in Europe then in the US. I believe France banned the face cover that Muslim women wear and i think Belgium was trying to as well. Then there were those riots a few years ago in France involving North African immigrants.

some Germans stayed with me for a couple of days recently. Germany has many Turkish immigrants, there's lots of tension there too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Pollard/209701715
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

PostSubject: Re: Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe   Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 4:58 pm

Yeah, it definitely seems to be fairly strong in Europe, these days. It's kind of on the out in America, it seems to me.

-edit- Also, the German Chancellor and British PM have both said that 'multiculturalism has failed' in their countries.
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

Male Number of posts : 3158
Cool Points : 8115
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe   Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 5:14 pm

how is Canada? i imagine you guys are pretty accepting.

I think the influx of Hispanic immigrants over shadows anti-islamic feelings here. Muslims attacked us years ago but Mexicans are TAKING ARE JOBS!! and you don't really see that many Muslims here, not like Hispanics especially down south.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Pollard/209701715
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe   Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 6:17 pm

StoolPigeon wrote:
British PM have both said that 'multiculturalism has failed' in their countries.

The thing is, he's probably right. Patriots have split the country.

Fuck it, I'm moving to Australia.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

Male Number of posts : 4431
Cool Points : 10176
Registration date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe   Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 7:09 pm

I think it had had its peak over here and is on its way down. And Aaron, I think you meant to say nationalists in stead of patriots.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Timsalabimbo
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

PostSubject: Re: Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe   Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:41 pm

pintsogin wrote:
how is Canada? i imagine you guys are pretty accepting.

I think the influx of Hispanic immigrants over shadows anti-islamic feelings here. Muslims attacked us years ago but Mexicans are TAKING ARE JOBS!! and you don't really see that many Muslims here, not like Hispanics especially down south.

As far as I can tell in Canada, it's really no issue. There are those who will complain about it, but it's not really all that bad. I think a lot of different cities have it differently. In Regina, we have a lot of people from the Philippines, while Vancouver, I'm pretty sure, has a lot of people from China, while Toronto, I believe, has a lot of people from India. In Saskatchewan, there's more racism towards Natives, though...

Tim wrote:
I think it had had its peak over here and is on its way down. And Aaron, I think you meant to say nationalists in stead of patriots.

You think it's basically just a passing phase, then? I mean, I think that as time passes, more and more Muslims will be going to be coming into the country, and which may cause more islamophobia.
Back to top Go down
hyperballad
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
hyperballad

Female Number of posts : 3318
Cool Points : 7483
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe   Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 12:58 am

The 700 Club is fucking precious. I love how they're talking about the threat of Sharia law, yet disregard the fact that Christianity has been spread through colonialism and imperialism for most of recent history. While I don't condone violence, I think we need to look at the larger picture as to why they would be doing it. I don't think it's because Muslims are inherently evil-loving people (in fact, peace is a big part of Islam). Western support of Israel is one factor that leads to violence. Also, I cringed at the description of Muslims immigrating to France as an "occupation", when they really have little to no say in the national government.

Basically, that video is full of fail.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe   Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 6:17 am

Tim wrote:

Sorry, I meant to air quote that bitch.
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

PostSubject: Re: Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe   Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 12:00 pm

hyperballad wrote:
The 700 Club is fucking precious. I love how they're talking about the threat of Sharia law, yet disregard the fact that Christianity has been spread through colonialism and imperialism for most of recent history. While I don't condone violence, I think we need to look at the larger picture as to why they would be doing it. I don't think it's because Muslims are inherently evil-loving people (in fact, peace is a big part of Islam). Western support of Israel is one factor that leads to violence. Also, I cringed at the description of Muslims immigrating to France as an "occupation", when they really have little to no say in the national government.

Basically, that video is full of fail.

What do you expect from the Christian Broadcasting Network on Islam? Razz

I'm sure there are areas where white people are a minority, there, but those people were acting as if white people in general were a minority. And I kind of wanted to smack the person who was saying "I don't want my daughters to have to wear a burka!" Because, I'm pretty sure there's a rather small population there, currently, that actually wears a full burka/niqab. And I don't even think it's so much their support for Israel, as much as it is the fact that they continue to support Israel as Israel continues to oppress Palestinians, while at the same time opposing (often violently) many arab states who oppress their people, using that as an excuse.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

Male Number of posts : 4431
Cool Points : 10176
Registration date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe   Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 5:30 am

StoolPigeon wrote:
Tim wrote:

You think it's basically just a passing phase, then? I mean, I think that as time passes, more and more Muslims will be going to be coming into the country, and which may cause more islamophobia.

Yes. It might be a phase that takes several decades, but still.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Timsalabimbo
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7871
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe   Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 2:45 pm

I'm with tim on this one. Racism is less of an issue than football around here, frankly.

There's certainly still an issue, though I feel much of it is blown miles out of proportion by the papers.

Oh, and please don't forget that our PM is a right twat.
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

PostSubject: Re: Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe   Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 4:11 pm

Fair enough, news distributors are dicks like that.
Back to top Go down
hyperballad
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
hyperballad

Female Number of posts : 3318
Cool Points : 7483
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe   Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 9:24 pm

Isn't that how news networks work (see: Fox News)?
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

PostSubject: Re: Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe   Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 10:33 pm

And the news is a distorted view through someone else's glasses! Reprinted for the masses, and so I killed my TV!
Back to top Go down
blake
Untouchable
Untouchable
blake

Male Number of posts : 490
Cool Points : 5684
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe   Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 4:06 pm

Aren't we all "anti-islam"? I can't think of any organised religion that isnt fucked. Of course most peoples problem with "muslimists" is the fact they aren't used to seeing them dandering about their "homeland" rather than something fucked they found in a koran, I'd give it a decade or so and people wont give a fuck.
Back to top Go down
davidhaunte
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Number of posts : 5
Cool Points : 4720
Registration date : 2011-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe   Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 1:44 am

Living in Europe and having many muslim friends I can feel their is a anti muslim sentiment and it is getting very strong. I just feel that its really unfair that good people also get to suffer because of action of the few.
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

PostSubject: Re: Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe   Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 4:02 pm

blake wrote:
Aren't we all "anti-islam"? I can't think of any organised religion that isnt fucked.

There's a difference between believing that Islam is a fucked up religion, and outright calling for them to be kicked out of the country, which, as I understand it, isn't the feelings of most in Europe, but those who do feel that way seem to be some of the loudest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe   Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radicalization of Islam and Anti-Islam in Europe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Against Me! Forum :: Other :: Discussions-
Jump to: